PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anyone see Haley diss Mc Daniels at the end of game?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Chief Henry
11-15-2010, 08:11 AM
**** Denver.

I Like it that my coach hates Denver and Oakland.

I hope he makes the team ride a bus home.....and begins making plans to hang 100 on Denver December 5.

This x 1,000,000,000

mikeyis4dcats.
11-15-2010, 08:16 AM
I think replay out to be like the headsets, if they don't work for one team, neither team gets them.

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Haley said in his presser that their game day crew did a great job of not showing replays on the jumbotron either so they couldn't really look at any replays. Or at least, replays that they would have WANTED to see. If this is the case...well...I guess that's homefield advantage.

But it seems that if we didn't have it available to us, they shouldn't have it available either.

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty good at lip reading, I think he said "I'll never forgive you for not outbidding us for Cassel."

Brock
11-15-2010, 09:10 AM
I suppose he'll have something for the Broncos in a couple weeks. Should be interesting.

Chief Henry
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
The game in 3 weeks ought to be something beautiful to watch in person. :D This should be a damn fine grudge match.

My tickets should be in my hands tomorrow. I can't wait.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Sure, if SEEING it is what the message conveyed. But seeing it (like we have on all the highlight shows) looks as if he's a sore losing whiny bitch.

You act like we should all care about Todd Haley's national image.

vailpass
11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Finger shaking. What a pussy.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Haley said in his presser that their game day crew did a great job of not showing replays on the jumbotron either so they couldn't really look at any replays. Or at least, replays that they would have WANTED to see. If this is the case...well...I guess that's homefield advantage.

But it seems that if we didn't have it available to us, they shouldn't have it available either.

If that is true, I would think it's likely very common at every stadium... but wouldn't the staff in the booth have access to game feeds, etc ... seeing what we see on TV?

Demonpenz
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Haley is going to be fine with some draft pics and some free agents, I don't think this was nessessary but it's the heat of the moment deal. I would have did the same thing in games of madden with friends, we don't talk for awhile, but we always meet again and this time my friend won't pick VICK in 2004 madden everytime.

vailpass
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
As expected, GoChiefs takes the attention whore approach on the situation. McDouche ran the score up when the game was far out of reach. Now I wish Charles would have stayed in the game last year and set the single game rushing record against the Donks.

Vermeil and Edwards pussified the Chiefs when it came to TRUE division rivalry. Haley's bringing that back to KC and I hope to hell Casshole isn't the deciding factor in the game when the Denver Bitches come back to Arrowhead. F*** the Donks and the Faid... Revenge will be sweet at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

There is no such thing as running up the score in professional football.
Buck up Sally.

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 09:56 AM
If that is true, I would think it's likely very common at every stadium... but wouldn't the staff in the booth have access to game feeds, etc ... seeing what we see on TV?

One would think. Who knows.

DaFace
11-15-2010, 09:56 AM

I'm pretty sure that you're right on all accounts. I'd imagine coaches would rather see for themselves before throwing the flag, but the jumbotron is there for the fans - not the coaches - so I don't have an issue with that being a slight homefield advantage.

vailpass
11-15-2010, 09:59 AM
While Mr. Mile High Mania is, in fact, an esteemed, knowledgeable, intelligent, and highly respected member of ChiefsPlanet, he remains a goat at heart. Therefore, he and his kind must be dismembered and their remains buried in vast mountains of dog vomit.

FAX

ROFL

Pestilence
11-15-2010, 10:03 AM
It would have been better if he went in for the shake.....pulled back and flipped off McDaniels.

Reaper16
11-15-2010, 10:04 AM
It would have been better if he went in for the shake.....pulled back and flipped off McDaniels.
it would have been better if Haley kicked McDaniels in the sternum and then delivered a Stone Cold Stunner.

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 10:05 AM
There is no such thing as running up the score in professional football.
Buck up Sally.

I agree with this. If all it was was Haley being pissed that the Chiefs got their asses handed to them, well...he should get a big mirror and shake his finger at that instead...

...I have to believe it was more than that. I really hope so...

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Finger shaking. What a pussy.Ha! You wish you had our coach.

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2010, 10:06 AM
So what was Haley's problem?

We didn't run the score up and we could have
McDaniels didn't say anything negative to any player. That's nonsense.

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree with this. If all it was was Haley being pissed that the Chiefs got their asses handed to them, well...he should get a big mirror and shake his finger at that instead...

...I have to believe it was more than that. I really hope so...

Yes. Wonder if we'll ever find out?

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Ha! You wish you had our coach.

There are a lot of head coaches I'd like to see in Denver.
Haley will never be one of them.

Deberg_1990
11-15-2010, 10:12 AM
So what was Haley's problem?

We didn't run the score up and we could have
McDaniels didn't say anything negative to any player. That's nonsense.

The popular theory is Haley pulled Charles last year 37 yards shy of the rushing record. I guess he didnt feel he got the same professional courtesy in return.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1544

FAX
11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
I've been thinking about this deal.

You know how it is that sometimes we hear stories like the one where the police officer pulled out his weapon and killed the kid because he thought his teddy bear was a gun or the one where the guy woke up with the female raccoon in bed next to him and raccoon fur all over his genitals and couldn't remember where he was the night before or the one where the lady was sighted running naked down the street with her head stuck in a lawn chair.

Every time we hear one of those reports, somebody says, "I'd like to know the other side of the story." And there is much logic and thoughtfulness in that response.

But, in this case, people are ready to condemn Haley for refusing to shake the head midget's hand (which we know he was using to pick his nose on the sideline, by the way) without really understanding his reasoning.

Haley is a sportsman. I don't think he would do something like this based merely on the fact that McDipstick ran up the score. There is very likely more to this episode about which we are unaware and, therefore, Haley deserves the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are in.

FAX

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 10:23 AM
I've been thinking about this deal.

You know how it is that sometimes we hear stories like the one where the police officer pulled out his weapon and killed the kid because he thought his teddy bear was a gun or the one where the guy woke up with the female raccoon in bed next to him and raccoon fur all over his genitals and couldn't remember where he was the night before or the one where the lady was sighted running naked down the street with her head stuck in a lawn chair.

Every time we hear one of those reports, somebody says, "I'd like to know the other side of the story." And there is much logic and thoughtfulness in that response.

But, in this case, people are ready to condemn Haley for refusing to shake the head midget's hand (which we know he was using to pick his nose on the sideline, by the way) without really understanding his reasoning.

Haley is a sportsman. I don't think he would do something like this based merely on the fact that McDipstick ran up the score. There is very likely more to this episode about which we are unaware and, therefore, Haley deserves the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are in.

FAX

I'll go with that take, Mr. Fax. It seems very out of character for Haley to just simply be pissed at the score...something else happened here.

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Is it physically possible to shake the hand of someone who has their foot so far up your ass from a 3 hour ass kicking?

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:27 AM
The popular theory is Haley pulled Charles last year 37 yards shy of the rushing record. I guess he didnt feel he got the same professional courtesy in return.

This isn't high school.
Not giving you any shit, just disagree with not shaking hands because you got your feelings hurt in a pro football game.
You don't like it? Don't let them score.
You pissed? Then get them back next time you play.

fan4ever
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Haley should have shook his hand, put his arm around him, smiled and said "You know, I'm not going to let your bush league behaviour make me look like a chump, but I do want you to know you've got a epic ass-kicking waiting for you in KC. And I'll be sure and show you all the class you've shown us today".

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Haley should have shook his hand, put his arm around him, smiled and said "You know, I'm not going to let your bush league behaviour make me look like a chump, but I do want you to know you've got a epic ass-kicking waiting for you in KC. And I'll be sure and show you all the class you've shown us today".

Yes. Except there is nothing bush league or un-classy about winning in the NFL.

Reaper16
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Maybe Haley just did it because he knew his players would see it. Lead by example; someone on this organization needs to have some passion.

Bane
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM

Yeah and hindsight being 20/20,that would have been even more gangsta.

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM

Agreed. Smiling the whole way..."Hey fuckstick, you sure do run your mouth alot...rest assured we're gonna ream your lilly white ass in a few weeks...enjoy the rest of your day, you little bitch..."

...that's if it is true that he said something to the players.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 10:42 AM

Why did Haley snub McDaniels?

Chiefs coach Todd Haley didn't say much Sunday evening about the reasons why he refused to shake hands with Denver coach Josh McDaniels after the Broncos' 49-29 victory at Invesco Field.

After the final whistle, Haley and McDaniels met at midfield, and the Chiefs coach pointed at McDaniels and said something, then turned his back instead of shaking McDaniels' hand.

Asked about the altercation, Haley said only that it was a "private" moment and that he wouldn't elaborate.

Denver still had its starters in late in the contest, and it continued passing even with a comfortable lead.

The Chiefs had a chance in last season's finale, which Kansas City won 44-24, to leave its starters in and allow running back Jamaal Charles to pursue the NFL's single-game rushing yards record. Instead, the Chiefs pulled Charles with 259 yards, 37 shy of Adrian Peterson's record.The Chiefs removed most of their starters in that game after the score was out of Denver's reach.

It was clear Sunday that Kansas City took exception to the fact that Denver didn't afford the Chiefs the same courtesy Sunday.

<<<>>>

So, Haley pulls the starters after the series that ended with Charles' big TD run. That essentially happened with about 6:25 left on the play clock in the 4th quarter.

Denver's next drive lasted nearly 4 minutes and ended with an INT... I don't think anyone would have complained much had they let Charles get the 37 yards- I think they should have done that, it's a rare feat. But, I would have benched him after he got it - if it happened. So, Haley didn't put the starters back in with a little more than 2 minutes left... kudos.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010010312/2009/REG17/chiefs@broncos/analyze/box-score

Either way - it's really a non issue to me.

I mean, is Haley mad that they're in the 3rd quarter and up 42-17 with Orton looking for the endzone? It took 6 plays and 3 minutes into the 4th quarter for them to throw to Lloyd... it was ruled incomplete, they thought he got it - so they challenged and won the challenge.

I guess they should have just said - ok, we're up - no biggie. They all get paid and they all have incentives to hit - plus there was still 12 minutes in the game.

Maybe there should be a mercy rule. :rolleyes:

journeyscarab
11-15-2010, 10:42 AM

This.:clap:

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Agreed. Smiling the whole way..."Hey ****stick, you sure do run your mouth alot...rest assured we're gonna ream your lilly white ass in a few weeks...enjoy the rest of your day, you little bitch..."

...that's if it is true that he said something to the players.

A real gangsta-ass nigga never runs his fuckin mouth
Cuz real gangsta-ass niggas don't start fights

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Plus, does any team really want to be Reich'ed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_%28American_football%29

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Nobody wants to be on the losing end of this list...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d8112f98e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Bane
11-15-2010, 10:49 AM

Off topic,but WTF is up with the backgammon pattern in the Pile High end zone?

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 10:50 AM

I've wondered that as well.. not sure why they don't have the name/logo. I haven't looked it up to find out, but it bugs me. It was funny to see the name/logo in the endzone in London, but not in Denver.

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Maybe Haley just did it because he knew his players would see it. Lead by example; someone on this organization needs to have some passion.

Passion? How about some passion in creating a game plan that doesn't let the other team jump to a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter.

crazycoffey
11-15-2010, 10:51 AM

I thought there was a report in here yesterday that Mcdonkeynuts was being unsportsmanlike to some of our players, mouthing them or something.

crazycoffey
11-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Why did Haley snub McDaniels?

to date, this and all articles on the subject are still just speculation, btw...

vailpass

Retro.

Bane
I've wondered that as well.. not sure why they don't have the name/logo. I haven't looked it up to find out, but it bugs me. It was funny to see the name/logo in the endzone in London, but not in Denver.

That's exactly why I asked.ROFL

Bane
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Retro.

:hmmm: Alrighty then.

crazycoffey
11-15-2010, 10:55 AM

You donks are sooo lucky we didn't pull Cassel and put in Brokie at the half, sooooo lucky indeed

Bill Lundberg
11-15-2010, 10:55 AM
"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." -- Vince Lombardi

This pretty much sums it up. For some reason when reading this Herm Edwards comes to mind.

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM
:hmmm: Alrighty then.

It is tied in with the 50th anniversary of the Broncos. That is the pattern the end zone was done in 50 years ago.

beach tribe
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I love it.

I LOVE IT.

Fuq McDaniels.

Reaper16
11-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Passion? How about some passion in creating a game plan that doesn't let the other team jump to a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter.
Well, duh. But that beatdown happened, and the season isn't over, so there's no use in letting your team stay in the funk that they are in.

beach tribe
11-15-2010, 11:03 AM

Tough Day. We are going to murder them at Arrowhead.

gblowfish
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Coach Haley will surely be asked about this in his 1pm presser today. It's the return of Angry Todd...

Hey, if he wants to wag his finger at Coach McDouchy I'm OK with that. -Believe it or not, Coach Haley is quite adept at communicating non-verbally- but don't do stuff like that then say you're worried about being a good role model for your kids -as he has said when questioned about his behavior before. If you're going to be a fireball like Buddy Ryan, fine. Just don't be a hypocrite about it later. Be who you are. If you're going to be a bad sport, and not make nice with Denver, most Chiefs fans will give you a pass on that. Just don't waffle about it, or let the PR wanks try to find a sugar coating for it. It is what it is.

Groves
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I can never remember, are we the Hatfields or the McCoys?

Bowser
11-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Coach Haley will surely be asked about this in his 1pm presser today. It's the return of Angry Todd...

Hey, if he wants to wag his finger at Coach McDouchy I'm OK with that. -Believe it or not, Coach Haley is quite adept at communicating non-verbally- but don't do stuff like that then say you're worried about being a good role model for your kids -as he has said when questioned about his behavior before. If you're going to be a fireball like Buddy Ryan, fine. Just don't be a hypocrite about it later. Be who you are. If you're going to be a bad sport, and not make nice with Denver, most Chiefs fans will give you a pass on that. Just don't waffle about it, or let the PR wanks try to find a sugar coating for it. It is what it is.Agreed.

And a day later, it still really was a classless move on his part. I love Haley as a coach, I really do, but his team wasn't prepared to play yesterday, and that wasn't McDaniels' fault. Take your medicine in the form of a handshake, then get ready for Arizona.

Bowser
11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
I can never remember, are we the Hatfields or the McCoys?

Yes.

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Agreed.

And a day later, it still really was a classless move on his part. I love Haley as a coach, I really do, but his team wasn't prepared to play yesterday, and that wasn't McDaniels' fault. Take your medicine in the form of a handshake, then get ready for Arizona.

:facepalm:

Bowser
11-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Hey, I don't like saying it any more than I liked watching the Chiefs get their dicks knocked in the dirt, but it is what it is. I'm sure Haley was pissed off something fierce, but there's no need for dissing the handshake.

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Agreed.

And a day later, it still really was a classless move on his part. I love Haley as a coach, I really do, but his team wasn't prepared to play yesterday, and that wasn't McDaniels' fault. Take your medicine in the form of a handshake, then get ready for Arizona.Who cares? Belichick has snubbed several people. Hasnt stopped him from winning or being recognized as one of the best in his field.

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 11:55 AM
This is football guys. Its not a gentleman's game.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 11:59 AM
This was a great catch and picture... looks like 39 is coaching him through it.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_10_wk_10_05.jpg

Bane
11-15-2010, 12:00 PM
This was a great catch and picture... looks like 39 is coaching him through it.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_10_wk_10_05.jpg

:shake::fire::fire::fire::bang:

MatriculatingHank
11-15-2010, 12:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Todd-Haley-will-not-play-nice-with-Josh-McDaniel?urn=nfl-285527

Haley, on the wrong end of a 49-29 stomping that wasn't as close as the final score would indicate, talked a little bit about it after the game, but didn't go into specifics.

"That's a private time between head coaches that has become not so private, but the key I would say, probably the thing that you're asking about, is that I've been in this enough as an assistant coach, as a head coach now, to be in some of these games. And the important thing for me as a head coach is that our team continue to just play hard and play our hearts out and keep fighting until the end.

"Sometimes, you see indicators on the other side of where that team thinks the game is. We've been on the other side of this and we've been on this side of it and we've been ... again, let's just keep it at that."

That's pretty vague, but Dennis J. Georgatos of the FanHouse speculates that Haley might feel like some of the Broncos were a little too jovial on the sidelines after the game was well in hand for the Broncos. Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated says it might have been because the Broncos, with their starters still in the game, were going deep with a 32-point fourth-quarter lead.

Vic Lombardi of The Denver Sports Insiders asked McDaniels about the snub, and his reply was, "Ask him. I'm going to focus on my team."

Chieftain58
11-15-2010, 12:12 PM
McDaniels was still passing downfield like he said, (when the game was already decided), I'm sure Haley was pissed about him running up the score.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 12:19 PM
McDaniels was still passing downfield like he said, (when the game was already decided), I'm sure Haley was pissed about him running up the score.

You're referring to the last TD drive they had, correct? The one that ended with 12 minutes still on the clock. Did KC quit trying to score - did they pull their starters?

If the game was essentially over and there was no reason to do anything, then why didn't KC pull their starters?

Maybe that could be the new Mercy Rule - both coaches agree to "It's over" and then they put the backups in across the board and see what happens.

Sure-Oz
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Haley just apologized

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey, I don't like saying it any more than I liked watching the Chiefs get their dicks knocked in the dirt, but it is what it is. I'm sure Haley was pissed off something fierce, but there's no need for dissing the handshake.

Sure there is. This isn't speed chess is fucking football.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Sure there is. This isn't speed chess is fucking football.

Bullshit.

Head coaches are paid millions not only to coach, but to act as an ambassador of their respective team, owner and city.

Haley should have acted like a man instead of a crybaby.

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Bullshit.

Head coaches are paid millions not only to coach, but to act as an ambassador of their respective team, owner and city.

Haley should have acted like a man instead of a crybaby.

Make sure you get that memo out to Belechick and Parcells. Who won SB's and sometimes didn't even walk to midfield if they felt disrespected.

So shut the fuck up Dane.

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Make sure you get that memo out to Belechick and Parcells. Who won SB's and sometimes didn't even walk to midfield if they felt disrespected.

So shut the **** up Dane.

If he was disrespected it was his own fault for not preparing the team.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2010, 12:54 PM

So shut the fuck up Dane.

You're a fucking moron. Are you like 21 years old?

Grow the fuck up, you fucking piece of shit.

I'm not surprised whatsoever that you'd defend fucking bad behavoir.

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 12:55 PM
If he was disrespected it was his own fault for not preparing the team.

One has nothing to do with the other.

The Raiders and chiefs both pulled up in their blowouts over Denver. Denver proceeded to throw deep in the 4th. If Haley felt disrespected after showing professional courtesy last year in the blowout, then he has cause. If he also didn't shake because McDouche was talking shit to Chief players on the field (reported now) then he's justified.

Either way, some of you sound like god damn tampax.

memyselfI
Haley just apologized

Details.

I bet it's because the response has been overwhelmingly critical on NFL Network, Sirius NFL network, ESPN, SNF, and every place else I've checked. MOF, I have yet to hear anyone defend him outside of Chiefs fans. Many of the critics pointing out that if he wanted the Broncos to stop scoring HIS TEAM needed to do it.

TheGuardian
You're a ****ing moron. Are you like 21 years old?

Grow the **** up, you ****ing piece of shit.

I'm not surprised whatsoever that you'd defend ****ing bad behavoir.

Come fucking tell me that Dane.

T-post Tom
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Nice apology at today's presser. Story over.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Come fucking tell me that Dane.

Excuse me?

Iowanian
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Details.

I bet it's because the response has been overwhelmingly critical on NFL Network, Sirius NFL network, ESPN, SNF, and every place else I've checked. MOF, I have yet to hear anyone defend him outside of Chiefs fans.

Whats even more funny is that your ass was nowhere to be seen around here Until the Chiefs get blown out in Denver.

You suck.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2010, 12:58 PM
One has nothing to do with the other.

The Raiders and chiefs both pulled up in their blowouts over Denver. Denver proceeded to throw deep in the 4th. If Haley felt disrespected after showing professional courtesy last year in the blowout, then he has cause. If he also didn't shake because McDouche was talking shit to Chief players on the field (reported now) then he's justified.

Either way, some of you sound like god damn tampax.

You're a fucking idiot.

pr_capone
11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Excuse me?

Careful, TG will put you in an Americano and tap your ass out. He is an MMA badass.

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
You're a ****ing idiot.

Go eat a bag of Peter North dicks you fucking vagina.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Go eat a bag of Peter North dicks you fucking vagina.

Nice.

I knew you had limited creativity and an IQ that hovers around 60, but I didn't realize until know that you are a homophobic piece of shit as well.

Kudos.

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Nice.

I knew you had limited creativity and an IQ that hovers around 60, but I didn't realize until know that you are a homophobic piece of shit as well.

Kudos.

Is calling me a homophobe supposed to be offend me? Because it doesn't fairy boy.

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 01:57 PM
For those of you who thought it was acceptable and/or cool for Haley not to shake hands, is Haley a puss now that he apologized?

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 02:02 PM
For those of you who thought it was acceptable and/or cool for Haley not to shake hands, is Haley a puss now that he apologized?

Nope.

I like both actions. I like the fact that he cared enough to be pissed and have some shit to say. I appreciate the fact that he apologized, even though I wouldn't have.

I like Haley and think this team will respond to this loss. If we go on a tear after this game, we can always thank the Donkeys for it.

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 02:07 PM
How can you condone that behavior is beyond me. How many young kids were watching the game and witnessed this? Is this what football has come to represent? From Pop Warner up, football is about more than a game. It's about character, responsibility, team work, discipline, hard work, the ability to win with dignity and lose with pride.

I lost a lot of respect for Haley after watching that. He use to be a good coach that had his young team playing with enthusiasm and desire. Now he's just a sore loser. If Cable were to pull some shit like that, it's my guess he'd be gone already.

Brock
11-15-2010, 02:09 PM
If Cable were to pull some shit like that, it's my guess he'd be gone already.

That's silly.

FAX
11-15-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm sad.

I like Angry Haley better than Sorry Haley.

FAX

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 02:13 PM
How can you condone that behavior is beyond me. How many young kids were watching the game and witnessed this? Is this what football has come to represent? From Pop Warner up, football is about more than a game. It's about character, responsibility, team work, discipline, hard work, the ability to win with dignity and lose with pride.

I lost a lot of respect for Haley after watching that. He use to be a good coach that had his young team playing with enthusiasm and desire. Now he's just a sore loser. If Cable were to pull some shit like that, it's my guess he'd be gone already.

Did you feel the same way after Cable sucker punched an assistant coach?

Why is Cable still there again?

So yeah, shut it.

Bill Lundberg
11-15-2010, 02:14 PM
If Cable were to pull some shit like that, it's my guess he'd be gone already.

We all know Cable would have just bitch slapped him... It's a well known fact that he's not afraid to hit a woman.

FAX
11-15-2010, 02:14 PM
We all know Cable would have just bitch slapped him... It's a well known fact that he's not afraid to hit a woman.

ROFL

FAX

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2010, 02:15 PM
. If Cable were to pull some shit like that, it's my guess he'd be gone already.

yep punching someone on your own team is better than what haley did.

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 02:15 PM
That's silly.

Yeah, you're right. He wouldn't get fired but he'd get an earful. Wow, that sounds harsh doesn't it?

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Did you feel the same way after Cable sucker punched an assistant coach?

Why is Cable still there again?

So yeah, shut it.

An off the field incident that was investigated by the authorities and the NFL. Don't condone it either way and if there was wrong doing, he should've been suspended, which he wasn't.

SPATCH
11-15-2010, 02:24 PM

Shut up pussy

I loved it. Chiefs-Broncos is a rivalry. I got fucking amped when Haley snubbed McDouche. You could tell that game made Haley's blood boil and that is a good thing to me.

That sent a message. It's going to be a completely different game in Kansas City.

The fact that he apologized doesn't change my opinion. Politically, he had to apologize. That doesn't change the message that was sent... that YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THE CHIEFS.

JTagg7754
11-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Haley is a sore fucking loser. This is Bush League shit. Be a man. You just got your asses handed to you. Take it, accept it, move on. Show some fucking pride and shake the man's hand who just owned you...... BIG

SPATCH
11-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Also, the cheap shot that Joe Mays took on Moeaki got me pissed. Real fucking pissed. It pissed Haley off too. Emotions were running HIGH.

fuck the donks

-Championship-
11-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I like Haley and think this team will respond to this loss. If we go on a tear after this game, we can always thank the Donkeys for it.

You wont go on a tear, trust me kid.

Your team has proven time and time again that they are nothing but frauds. Nice little story that the small town Chief can get some wins, but still frauds.

It's funny, because I remember this guy championship telling Chief fans that two weeks ago, but Chief fans wouldn't listen.

-Championship-
11-15-2010, 02:29 PM
And Todd Haley looks like a classless hillbilly for not shaking Josh McDouchebag's hand.

Don't be a bitch, take your ass beating like a man. He better get used to being on the end of a lopsided score, especially knowing who your QB is.

FAX
11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
I'll take an emotional, give-it-all, got-your-back type of guy like Haley over one of those "it's just a job" coaches any and every day.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Is calling me a homophobe supposed to be offend me? Because it doesn't fairy boy.

No, you're just a loudmouth piece of shit.

And why did Haley apologize today if there was nothing wrong with his behavior?

Grow up, Punk.

SPATCH
11-15-2010, 02:36 PM
And Todd Haley looks like a classless hillbilly for not shaking Josh McDouchebag's hand.

Don't be a bitch, take your ass beating like a man. He better get used to being on the end of a lopsided score, especially knowing who your QB is.

thanks n00b.

now never fucking post again

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Shut up pussy

I loved it. Chiefs-Broncos is a rivalry. I got ****ing amped when Haley snubbed McDouche. You could tell that game made Haley's blood boil and that is a good thing to me.

That sent a message. It's going to be a completely different game in Kansas City.

The fact that he apologized doesn't change my opinion. Politically, he had to apologize. That doesn't change the message that was sent... that YOU DON'T **** WITH THE CHIEFS.

Your reaction was based on revenge that's all. You got spanked and were looking for just anything to make you feel better. You know in your heart it was the wrong thing to do.

Yeah I would've felt some satisfaction as well after getting my shit pushed in that bad but that doesn't make it right.

the Talking Can
11-15-2010, 02:37 PM

my guess is you drink yak semen.....your coach assaulted one of his employees and still has a job....

but thanks for your stupid contribution to the planet, really..

JTagg7754
11-15-2010, 02:40 PM
your coach assaulted one of his employees and still has a job....

And? Maybe he fucking deserved it. What will Cable always do? Give credit to the guy that just whipped his ass. Why? B/c he's a man who can admit he was beat. Haley? I don't know what he is. I would love to know what he said but I'm sure it was inaudible through all those tears.

Anyone who doesn't admit it's a bitch move is being bias.... then again, I am dealing w/ a board who 97% of the inhabitants think Flowers is better than Nnamdi........... haahahahahaha

-Championship-
11-15-2010, 02:41 PM
thanks n00b.

now never ****ing post again

"n00b"

Haha, didn't even know people use that word anymore.:doh!:

Tell your Mommy, who also happens to be your auntie, that I said thanks for last night.

K, dipshit?

the Talking Can
11-15-2010, 02:42 PM
And? Maybe he ****ing deserved it. What will he always do? Give credit to the guy that just whipped his ass. Why? B/c he's a man who can admit he was beat. Haley? I don't know what he is. I would love to know what he said but I'm sure it was inaudible through all those tears.

Anyone who doesn't admit it's a bitch move is being bias.... then again, I am dealing w/ a board who 97% of the inhabitants think Flowers is better than Nnamdi........... haahahahahaha

you could actually read the post to which i was responding....i mean, if you could actually read....

jesus these raider trolls are so low quality....

JTagg7754
11-15-2010, 02:45 PM
you could actually read the post to which i was responding....i mean, if you could actually read....

jesus these raider trolls are so low quality....

And I did and I don't agree w/ it. BUT if you knew basic comprehension, you would see I referenced that when I said Cable would shake a man's hand after getting his ass whipped. Instead of thinking I'm low class and starting the bar so low, maybe you might want to think I'm smarter than you (b/c I am), a more quality poster than you (b/c I am), and just know more than you (b/c I do) before you try to take a cheap shot w/ pathetic insults.

Fuck off.

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
No, you're just a loudmouth piece of shit.

And why did Haley apologize today if there was nothing wrong with his behavior?

Grow up, Punk.

Because in retrospect maybe he felt it was wrong? It doesn't mean it wasn't justified however. I appreciate both aspects. But I'm deeper than you.

Now go play in 5 o'clock traffic.

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 03:06 PM
my guess is you drink yak semen.....your coach assaulted one of his employees and still has a job....

but thanks for your stupid contribution to the planet, really..

Pull your pants down, bend over and shove your head up your own ass. Now squeeze what sphincter muscle you may have left after getting ****ed so bad yesterday until the last breath leaves your worthless POS body.

If you're going to talk shit, please use some imagination.

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Because in retrospect maybe he felt it was wrong? It doesn't mean it wasn't justified however. I appreciate both aspects. But I'm deeper than you.

Now go play in 5 o'clock traffic.

I'd like to think it was the former. Sometimes you just do things in the heat of the moment that later you know are wrong.

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 03:10 PM
And? Maybe he ****ing deserved it. What will Cable always do? Give credit to the guy that just whipped his ass. Why? B/c he's a man who can admit he was beat. Haley? I don't know what he is. I would love to know what he said but I'm sure it was inaudible through all those tears.

Because Flowers IS better than Namdi. THis year anyway.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Haley apologized to the wrong fans, team and city... he owes you guys the apology.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-11-15-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels_N.htm

Chiefaholic
11-15-2010, 03:15 PM

Hey, if he wants to wag his finger at Coach McDouchy I'm OK with that. -Believe it or not, Coach Haley is quite adept at communicating non-verbally- but don't do stuff like that then say you're worried about being a good role model for your kids -as he has said when questioned about his behavior before. If you're going to be a fireball like Buddy Ryan, fine. Just don't be a hypocrite about it later. Be who you are. If you're going to be a bad sport, and not make nice with Denver, most Chiefs fans will give you a pass on that. Just don't waffle about it, or let the PR wanks try to find a sugar coating for it. It is what it is.

He should have just flipped him off along with any loud mouth fan in the crowd while going into the tunnel.

JTagg7754
11-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Because Flowers IS better than Namdi. THis year anyway.

You CANNOT believe that. Especially after Jacoby fucking Ford a 4th round ROOKIE just got well over 100 yards on him and he was lit up by Roscoe Parrish and Lee fucking Evans the week prior.

If you really, honestly believe this, you know nothing about the game of football or just don't pay much attention which means your opinion is trash anyway.

Nnamdi hasn't given up over 100 yards all season. Flowers did against us in ONE game.... against a rookie.... drafted in the 4th round... not for his route running ability nor hands but for his speed.

FAX
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Haley apologized to the wrong fans, team and city... he owes you guys the apology.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-11-15-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels_N.htm

He's going to give us a pay-back win, instead.

FAX

InChiefsHell
Audio of the brief exchange between the two was provided to The Associated Press by WDAF-TV in Kansas City. McDaniels does not speak but Haley can clearly be heard saying as he pointed at the Denver coach and turned to walk away, "There's a lot of (expletive) being talked about you

THat's interesting. There's a lot of shit being talked about you...I wonder what the hell is really here under the surface? Notice he apologized but not in person...something else is going on methinks. Can't say what exactly, but it seems like there's more to this than just running up the score.

dee88

Oh please........ How many young kids were watching and witnessed this?? lol what an over-exaggeration. You act like he went up and punched the guy in the nose and spit on him. "Ohhh my god, he pointed a finger at the other coach!!!". lol, relax buddy. I am not a Chiefs fan, and have no problem with what he did at all. I'm glad he did it to him, Mc is an ego-maniac anyway, it's about time someone started to say something to him about it. Stop crying about it like he committed a crime!

JTagg7754
11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
In fact, Nnamdi's stats all season:

Total
Targets 20
Catches 5
Yards 87
Touchdowns 0
Interceptions 0
Pass Defense 5
Penalties 2

Brandon Flowers against Oakland:

Brandon Flowers
Thrown At 10
Catches Allowed 7
Yards 125
Touchdowns 0
Interceptions 0
Pass Defenses 2
Penalties 0

Anyone who thinks Flowers > Nnamdi is one of the dumbest human beings alive.

alpha_omega
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Mods...please take out the trash!

luv
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I hate McDaniels. I wouldn't have been surprised if he did the same thing to Haley if they had lost.

Why are Raider trolls still around? Oh yeah, they had a bye this week. How long until you join another message board and start pestering those fans?

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 03:25 PM
You CANNOT believe that. Especially after Jacoby ****ing Ford a 4th round ROOKIE just got well over 100 yards on him and he was lit up by Roscoe Parrish and Lee ****ing Evans the week prior.

If you really, honestly believe this, you know nothing about the game of football or just don't pay much attention which means your opinion is trash anyway.

Nnamdi hasn't given up over 100 yards all season. Flowers did against us in ONE game.... against a rookie.... drafted in the 4th round... not for his route running ability nor hands but for his speed.

Flowers has 39 tackles, 13 passes defensed, 2 INT's and a TD. Namdi has 11 tackles and 5 passes defensed.

I hate cockey fucking Raider fans. Don't tell me my opinion is trash fuckstick. I SAID this year anyway, if you could read, and the numbers bear that out.

Go back to the black shit hole where you came from.

Bewbies
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey retard, I mean Raider fans, this isn't a thread about your overpaid CB, it's about our coach kicking Denver's coach in the junk. Go play in someone else's prison yard.

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Oh please........ How many young kids were watching and witnessed this?? lol what an over-exaggeration. You act like he went up and punched the guy in the nose and spit on him. "Ohhh my god, he pointed a finger at the other coach!!!". lol, relax buddy. I am not a Chiefs fan, and have no problem with what he did at all. I'm glad he did it to him, Mc is an ego-maniac anyway, it's about time someone started to say something to him about it. Stop crying about it like he committed a crime!

I don't like the little fist pumper either but at least he had the cajones to shake Cable's hand after getting embarrassed at home. You don't seem to get it. It's not what he did it's what he didn't do.

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
after the way mickey d acted after the win over the pats last year i could care less how any other coach treats him.

RAIDER951
11-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey retard, I mean Raider fans, this isn't a thread about your overpaid CB, it's about our coach kicking Denver's coach in the junk. Go play in someone else's prison yard.

You're absolutely right. Let us find another thread where we can spill our truths.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I hate McDaniels. I wouldn't have been surprised if he did the same thing to Haley if they had lost.

Why are Raider trolls still around? Oh yeah, they had a bye this week. How long until you join another message board and start pestering those fans?
They will all disappear after they lose by 3 touchdowns to the Steelers next Sunday
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
Flowers was lit up by Roscoe and Lee Evans the week prior?

****ing really?

Parrish lined up in the slot the entire game. Arenas was exclusively on him.

Lee Evans had 56 yards, coming off a 2-touchdown, 100-yard performance against the Ravens the week before. Who the fuck thinks getting lit up is 56 yards?

If you are going to be a ****ing lying cock, at least do it somewhere where people are about half as ****ing stupid as your mother.

RAIDER951

Are we really that bad? I know you want me to drink a gallon of anti-freeze while falling out of an AIDS tree and then get fucked by a 400# redneck only to die in a fire but come on, can't we at least be friends?

Mecca
11-15-2010, 03:49 PM
This thread is comical in a sad way...

When you get your ass spanked you shouldn't act like a child with an anger management problem. Shake the guys hand and show some respect, he handed you your ass, shake his hand and move on.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2010, 03:50 PM
This thread is comical in a sad way...

When you get your ass spanked you shouldn't act like a child with an anger management problem. Shake the guys hand and show some respect, he handed you your ass, shake his hand and move on.

He should have pulled a Mecca and vanished during the 3rd quarter and come back a week later.

Mecca
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
He should have pulled a Mecca and vanished during the 3rd quarter and come back a week later.

Yea cause you know that's exactly what I do, I haven't been on this forum during a game this year, nor have I been on much in general this season.

Think what you want, if that helps you.

memyselfI
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM

Todd Haley invited them.:doh!:

Pants
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM

ROFL

Brock
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Are we really that bad? I know you want me to drink a gallon of anti-freeze while falling out of an AIDS tree and then get fucked by a 400# redneck only to die in a fire but come on, can't we at least be friends?

You're okay. Some of your buddies, not so much.:)

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
And for the record, screw Haley for pulling Charles last year when the kid could have set an NFL record.

LaChapelle
11-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Cassel threw for 469 yards
they should have punched each other in the face

crazycoffey
11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Yea cause you know that's exactly what I do, I haven't been on this forum during a game this year, nor have I been on much in general this season.

I think that kinda solidifies bad guy's point....
chief's have a better season, Mecca's not around to gloat about how good he's always said the chiefs were, LOL...

KCUnited
11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
And for the record, screw Haley for pulling Charles last year when the kid could have set an NFL record.

It was reported that Charles requested to be pulled so Javaris Williams could get touches. I believe he told Haley he'd get another time.

3rd&48ers
11-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I wish Haley would try that sht on The Cable Guy

Brock
11-15-2010, 04:57 PM

Why shouldn't he?

Mecca
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I think that kinda solidifies bad guy's point....
chief's have a better season, Mecca's not around to gloat about how good he's always said the chiefs were, LOL...

I haven't been around that much since May if you haven't noticed.

Sully
11-15-2010, 05:24 PM

Unless Haley looks like Cable's ex wife, I think he's safe.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Unless Haley looks like Cable's ex wife, I think he's safe.

Or an assistant coach.

Deberg_1990
11-15-2010, 05:35 PM

Where have you been? We miss you

clyde05
11-16-2010, 12:53 AM
why are all the raiders idiots still on here? Do they secretly like the chiefs? Does there own board suck so they have to invade ours? I dont get it. gtfo!

Tuckdaddy
11-16-2010, 04:13 AM

Yeah right. How many players in the NFL have wrap shhets.

Rausch
11-16-2010, 04:55 AM
LMAO

Well if nothing else, Haley is going to get all the rivalries in this division up and going again.

Not if he continues to get his $#it pushed in...

KCHawg
11-16-2010, 08:12 AM

Get it right, it's a Flaming AIDS tree....:evil:

Bowser
11-16-2010, 09:21 AM
How the hell did this turn into a Raider thread?

To the point at hand, and to Guardian specifically - I actually feel the same as yo and most on this team. I'm sure somewhere inthe back of McD's mind he was remembering the finale from last year. I was pissed, as well, but that doesn't mean Haley doesn't have to be the bigger guy. Shake his hand, pull him in close, and whisper his team is going to have a train ran on it when they come to Arrowhead. Don't just walk away, it makes you look like a baby. (And before you invoke the almighty names of Parcells and Belichick - yes, those two looked like crybaby douchebags when they pulled that shit, too)

However you look at it, the one fact remains - at least we're all passionate enough about this team to be having this conversation. It says something that we all aren't like "Oh well. That's the season".

OctoberFart
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Whaa it's the NFL no such thing as running up the score.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 09:53 AM
How the hell did this turn into a Raider thread?

To the point at hand, and to Guardian specifically - I actually feel the same as yo and most on this team. I'm sure somewhere inthe back of McD's mind he was remembering the finale from last year. I was pissed, as well, but that doesn't mean Haley doesn't have to be the bigger guy. Shake his hand, pull him in close, and whisper his team is going to have a train ran on it when they come to Arrowhead. Don't just walk away, it makes you look like a baby. (And before you invoke the almighty names of Parcells and Belichick - yes, those two looked like crybaby douchebags when they pulled that shit, too)

However you look at it, the one fact remains - at least we're all passionate enough about this team to be having this conversation. It says something that we all aren't like "Oh well. That's the season".

Did Shanahan and Reid shake hands last night? Reid did the same (if not more) than what McDaniels supposedly did in regards to keeping starters in and throwing strikes to the endzone.

In both games though - they were out of hand SO EARLY .... what do opposing coaches, fans really want the other team to do? They can't just put in the backups and run generic plays up the gut for an entire half.

DA_T_84
11-16-2010, 10:33 AM
I think its fair that Haley wasn't upset about the score differential in regards to McDwarf.... He understands how the game works.

There MUST have been other issues at hand: McDwarf and Co. laughing when Moeaki was hurt, The replay equipment being faulty, McDwarf talking shit to Chiefs players, or even underground league situations that the public isn't privy to.

You have to assume there was some other issue.

ALSO:

Haley's audio was recorded during the incident, and he said: "There's a lot of shit being said about you!"

Now that doesn't sound like a quote derived from a man pissed about a score differential.

LaChapelle
11-16-2010, 10:34 AM
why are all the raiders idiots still on here? Do they secretly like the chiefs? Does there own board suck so they have to invade ours? I dont get it. gtfo!

Raiders and Steelers fans fighting it out on message boards
I wonder why any of us are still here
unless you stomach heaves with ease

Buehler445
11-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I saw his apology on NFLN. Yeah. That was sincere.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
11-16-2010, 10:37 AM
This is one that we will have to watch to see if it repeats in other games
Haley is a hot head - McFuckNuts is known to mouth the other teams players

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 10:46 AM
This is one that we will have to watch to see if it repeats in other games
Haley is a hot head - Mc****Nuts is known to mouth the other teams players

I've missed any links or references that describe what happened.... what happened? (other than speculation of what may or may not have been said)

DA_T_84
11-16-2010, 10:57 AM
I've missed any links or references that describe what happened.... what happened? (other than speculation of what may or may not have been said)

Well, the unfortunate thing is we won't know until someone decides to talk about it; at which point the issue will probably be old and moot.

It is a fair assumption that something happened; there was plenty of smoke - there was a fire somewhere.

LaChapelle
11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
I was looking for a James Harrison quote that said Orton got what he had coming
that he took on the personality of his Head Coach -which I can not find
and that Joshie has got into it with some Chargers players - PTI mentions the Bronco sideline as the reason for Haley's anger

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Well, the unfortunate thing is we won't know until someone decides to talk about it; at which point the issue will probably be old and moot.

It is a fair assumption that something happened; there was plenty of smoke - there was a fire somewhere.

I just think it's easy to throw it out there because of who McD is... and he's done that to himself. But, I'm highly doubting that he was trash talking players without being provoked. If someone said something and he responded, I have no issues.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I hate Josh McDaniels. I hate the Broncos. I love Haley. I love the Chiefs. I'm disgusted by that game. I'm glad Haley "dissed" McDaniels at the end. I'm fine with a team playing full throttle until the final whistle. But the TD challange and leaving in the starters were both dick moves. Not saying I wouldn't have done the same, or that it's "wrong." But it's a dick move. McD's a dick and Haley told him so. Good for Haley. Here's hoping we have the opportunity to reciprocate.

LaChapelle
11-16-2010, 11:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4691944

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:23 AM
I was looking for a James Harrison quote that said Orton got what he had coming
that he took on the personality of his Head Coach -which I can not find
and that Joshie has got into it with some Chargers players - PTI mentions the Bronco sideline as the reason for Haley's anger

Denver/Chargers squabbles date back prior to Orton or McD, if you recall they had fun exchanging jabs with Cutler.

I don't know what PTI was referencing specifically... my guess is that if players are upset with the opposing team jumping for joy and enjoying a butt kicking, make it stop.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
I hate Josh McDaniels. I hate the Broncos. I love Haley. I love the Chiefs. I'm disgusted by that game. I'm glad Haley "dissed" McDaniels at the end. I'm fine with a team playing full throttle until the final whistle. But the TD challange and leaving in the starters were both dick moves. Not saying I wouldn't have done the same, or that it's "wrong." But it's a dick move. McD's a dick and Haley told him so. Good for Haley. Here's hoping we have the opportunity to reciprocate.

Cool, so it's a "dick move" and you would have done the same and applaud your team for doing the same. Ok.

Was Reid pulling the same "dick move" last night?

It's funny "McDaniels was being an a-hole for challenging a call that they thought resulted in a TD ... they were up by too many, they should have just let it go." That's so stupid.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:28 AM

"The Denver Broncos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den)' brash -- some would say cocky -- coach exchanged taunts with a group of San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg) linebackers during warmups Sunday, at one point telling them, "We own you!""

Again, I'd rather a HC just shut up and coach, but I have no problem with the rebuttal taunt... neither would you.

LaChapelle
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Haley has a rep as being a hot head
McFuckNuts has a rep as being mouthy
Lets see if they both learn from this

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Haley has a rep as being a hot head
Mc****Nuts has a rep as being mouthy
Lets see if they both learn from this

Either that, or put them in the octagon ... 2 men enter, 1 man leaves.

RAIDER951
11-16-2010, 11:30 AM

Take your pick:
You guys are entertaining
Your message board has limited restrictions
It's like home on crack
Misery loves company
We have front row seats for your descent
Fuels the rivalry even more

BUT, to keep this on topic, how would you respond if an opposing coach in that same situation dissed Haley? You'd be all over him like stink on shit and you know it.

Buehler445
11-16-2010, 11:32 AM

ROFL

Who wants to have verbal jabs with a coach? That's no fun. Let's fight.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Cool, so it's a "dick move" and you would have done the same and applaud your team for doing the same. Ok.

Was Reid pulling the same "dick move" last night?

It's funny "McDaniels was being an a-hole for challenging a call that they thought resulted in a TD ... they were up by too many, they should have just let it go." That's so stupid.
Like I said Barrel Man, it's a dick move but it's an understandable dick move. I don't hold it against him, because I wouldn't hold it against Haley. I would hope that Haley wouldn't do shit like that (unless it's in retaliation). But if he did, I'd call it a dick move too. Because it is. It's not wrong or illegal. And it only hurts because my team was on the ass end of it.

I'm sorry you think that's stupid. And maybe it is. But I don't like my team getting it's ass handed to itself by an inferior team. I don't like it one bit. It sucks. Denver fucking won the game. And that pisses me off. It pisses me off more that they grabbed our balls when they already had our throats.

Again, I'm not saying it's wrong. But it's shitty. It's a dick thing to do. But that's sports, that's the rivalry. So, I think Haley was justified in his reaction at the end of the game. That's all I wanted to say.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Like I said Barrel Man, it's a dick move but it's an understandable dick move. I don't hold it against him, because I wouldn't hold it against Haley. I would hope that Haley wouldn't do shit like that (unless it's in retaliation). But if he did, I'd call it a dick move too. Because it is. It's not wrong or illegal. And it only hurts because my team was on the ass end of it.

I'm sorry you think that's stupid. And maybe it is. But I don't like my team getting it's ass handed to itself by an inferior team. I don't like it one bit. It sucks. Denver ****ing won the game. And that pisses me off. It pisses me off more that they grabbed our balls when they already had our throats.

Again, I'm not saying it's wrong. But it's shitty. It's a dick thing to do. But that's sports, that's the rivalry. So, I think Haley was justified in his reaction at the end of the game. That's all I wanted to say.

Did Andy Reid do the same thing last night?

vailpass
11-16-2010, 11:44 AM

I'm sorry you think that's stupid. And maybe it is. But I don't like my team getting it's ass handed to itself by an inferior team. I don't like it one bit. It sucks. Denver ****ing won the game. And that pisses me off. It pisses me off more that they grabbed our balls when they already had our throats.

Inferior team? :D

Carlota69
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
If a coach can talk shit to opposing players then opposing players should be able to talk shit back. But Im guessing form the article above that players are to respect ALL coaches regardless of what colors they wear. So its not cool or fair if McDouche is jawing at players and they can't fire back. Its also poor taste for the coach, and quite frankly opposing players to laugh at a player who is obviously hurting in a dangerous way from a hit..ie Moeaki (if those reports are true). Im gathering what Haley did at the end of the game has more to do with tese reports than "running up the score" which the Broncos did not do, and if they did so what? I personally love it when our team kicks all kinds of ass like that...Philly style;-)

As for when McDouche and Co come to Arrowhead, I would love to see a pass play on the sidelines where Bowe has to go up and catch the ball and land sqaurely on McDouches head...

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Inferior team? :D

Yep - I was just letting that one slide for now...

KC really hasn't proven they're the best team in the division at this point. Sure, they're 5-4... and Denver is 3-6, but there's not that much separating the two teams.

Denver should beat the Jets...
KC should have lost at the Browns...

Again, not a lot of difference.

Chiefnj2
11-16-2010, 11:48 AM
But that's sports, that's the rivalry.

Is there really a rivalry for the players? How many guys are still on the team from the 90's when KC and Denver battled for the division, maybe Waters? These players don't hate each other.

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm glad Denver ran up the score. The Chiefs need to remember what happens when they come out flat, on the road, against a division rival who has one of the best offenses in the league. They deserved what they got.

I think Haley's rage was misplaced, hopefully he has that rightly directed at his team for sleepwalking through the first quarter.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
If a coach can talk shit to opposing players then opposing players should be able to talk shit back. But Im guessing form the article above that players are to respect ALL coaches regardless of what colors they wear. So its not cool or fair if McDouche is jawing at players and they can't fire back. Its also poor taste for the coach, and quite frankly opposing players to laugh at a player who is obviously hurting in a dangerous way from a hit..ie Moeaki (if those reports are true). Im gathering what Haley did at the end of the game has more to do with tese reports than "running up the score" which the Broncos did not do, and if they did so what? I personally love it when our team kicks all kinds of ass like that...Philly style;-)

As for when McDouche and Co come to Arrowhead, I would love to see a pass play on the sidelines where Bowe has to go up and catch the ball and land sqaurely on McDouches head...

The article never said which side started the trash talking... you're just assuming it was the coach. As I mentioned, SD players routinely talked trash and gave gestures to Cutler and company before Orton or McD came to town.

And, regarding Moeaki... I would also believe that nobody was applauding an injury. Often times you see celebrations after a big hit like that one, but they tend to stop after they see the player is hurt. I haven't seen players or a coach cheer during an injury in a long time.

So, you can continue to throw out your 'guesses' and 'if this is true scenarios'... I don't like McDaniels, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he (a) started the taunting and (b) cheered an injury.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Did Andy Reid do the same thing last night?

I have no idea what Andy Reid did last night. Didn't watch the game. I haven't read or seen anything about anything about the game. Don't even know the score.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM

KC really hasn't proven they're the best team in the division at this point. Sure, they're 5-4... and Denver is 3-6, but there's not that much separating the two teams.

Inferior in terms of record.

I happen to think Denver (especially given their injury situation) is inferior. But I was referring to the record more than anything else.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I have no idea what Andy Reid did last night. Didn't watch the game. I haven't read or seen anything about anything about the game. Don't even know the score.

Replace the team names and you essentially have what happened in Denver, minus a TD challenge.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Is there really a rivalry for the players? How many guys are still on the team from the 90's when KC and Denver battled for the division, maybe Waters? These players don't hate each other.
That's up to the players, I suppose. But it exists in the fan community. Which is what I'm a part of. I'm still a big believer in the rivalry.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Inferior in terms of record.

I happen to think Denver (especially given their injury situation) is inferior. But I was referring to the record more than anything else.

Denver has had some bad losses, KC has had a couple of ugly wins. Denver dominated KC... there's really not a lot of difference in the two. Both have issues on defense... one team passes well and has issues running, the other is the opposite.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Replace the team names and you essentially have what happened in Denver, minus a TD challenge.
I think if you've got a team put away as early as the first half, then you have to consider - consciously consider - whether or not you plan on being "classy." It's a choice now.

I didn't watch the Eagle game, but in the Denver game McD made the choice not to let up, not to play it classy. Fine. That's his choice, but now he has to own it. Which, to his credit, he did. He made his choice and didn't look back.

Haley pulled a dick move at the end of the game by not shaking his hand. I think he was right in doing so given the circumstances. I don't have a problem with it, but it was a dick move. Just like McD's handling of the slaughter was equally an understandable dick move.

If Andy Reid decided not to pull his starters and kept giving it to Washington after the game was well in hand, then yes, it's a dick move. But, again, that's the game. Sometimes you choose to be a dick. And there's nothing "wrong" with it. But I'm not going to not call you a dick for doing it. I applaud McD for making his choice and sticking to it. But he's still a dick. Just like Haley.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Denver has had some bad losses, KC has had a couple of ugly wins. Denver dominated KC... there's really not a lot of difference in the two. Both have issues on defense... one team passes well and has issues running, the other is the opposite.
Exactly. Which is why I was using "inferior" to mean record in my earlier post.

vailpass
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
I think if you've got a team put away as early as the first half, then you have to consider - consciously consider - whether or not you plan on being "classy." It's a choice now.

I didn't watch the Eagle game, but in the Denver game McD made the choice not to let up, not to play it classy. Fine. That's his choice, but now he has to own it. Which, to his credit, he did. He made his choice and didn't look back.

Haley pulled a dick move at the end of the game by not shaking his hand. I think he was right in doing so given the circumstances. I don't have a problem with it, but it was a dick move. Just like McD's handling of the slaughter was equally an understandable dick move.

If Andy Reid decided not to pull his starters and kept giving it to Washington after the game was well in hand, then yes, it's a dick move. But, again, that's the game. Sometimes you choose to be a dick. And there's nothing "wrong" with it. But I'm not going to not call you a dick for doing it. I applaud McD for making his choice and sticking to it. But he's still a dick. Just like Haley.

In the NFL there is no such thing as having a team put away at half. With that much time left a head coach who took his foot off the gas and ended up losing the game could very well lose his job over it.

HemiEd
11-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Uh, you didn't go there did you?

The Chiefs should have beat the Colts, Texans and Raiders. See how that works?

The Denver game is their only bad game, the Broncos have had more than one.

You had two weeks to prepare, and the Chiefs overlooked the pitiful Broncos, anticipating the Cardinals coming to town, big mistake. :D

DA_T_84
11-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Arrowhead Pride article:

The "Snub".

From a YahooSports article:

Audio of the brief exchange between the two was provided to The Associated Press by WDAF-TV in Kansas City. McDaniels does not speak but Haley can clearly be heard saying as he pointed at the Denver coach and turned to walk away, "There’s a lot of (expletive) being talked about you."

The incident inflamed Broncos fans and is certain to be front and center among Chiefs followers when the Broncos visit Arrowhead Stadium on Dec. 5.

Now why would Haley say that there is a lot of #$@% being talked about you? Why would a coach that has NEVER not shock the hand of the opposing coach suddenly do that on Sunday? Didn't this seem VERY out of character? There had to be more behind this.

Ready to take a trip into the past? Let's go back a couple years and head over to the city of Boston.

There was a team called the New England Patriots that were just shredding teams up. But there became some wonder why this was happening. One word: spygate.

It was known that the Patriots were involved in filming and stealing signs from the other team. This allowed for them to know every play that was going on before the ball was even snapped.

Fast Forward to Sunday: The KC Chiefs dominated the Broncos last year. The Broncos sat at 30th against the run while the Chiefs sat at the top of the league. The Chiefs D has been playing middle of the pack but looked like a high school team out there on Sunday. Didn't it seem like things were going almost too well for the Broncos?

Go back to the past: Does anyone know the QB coach during the spygate? You guessed it: Mr. McDaniels. It makes sense as to why Haley would not say something like... "You are mine" or "Watch it boy". No, he said "There’s a lot of (expletive) being talked about you." What is being said? I guess you can be the judge of that... but something stinks. Stinks real bad.

In the words of Nick Wright: "I'm not saying, I'm just saying."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/16/1817634/what-haley-said-to-mcdaniels-and-why

This sounds like a reach to me.... but an interesting angle regardless.

Either way, fuck McD.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Uh, you didn't go there did you?

The Chiefs should have beat the Colts, Texans and Raiders. See how that works?

The Denver game is their only bad game, the Broncos have had more than one.

You had two weeks to prepare, and the Chiefs overlooked the pitiful Broncos, anticipating the Cardinals coming to town, big mistake. :D

Sure... just saying that the CLE game was pretty unspectacular for KC ... D/ST saved them.

DA_T_84
11-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Sure... just saying that the CLE game was pretty unspectacular for KC ... D/ST saved them.

The CLE team that stomped the Patriots?

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 12:34 PM

So, you're not a believer in a team being able to make a comeback. Is there a specific margin of defeat when a team is supposed to sit back, rest their starters and wait for the other team to catch up? And, within what range is the winning team allowed to put their starters back in to avoid a loss?

Denver and Philly were up 35-0 in the first half...

KC made it 35-10 at the half and Denver only put up 14 points the entire second half. Denver made it 42 points when Tebow (notice he's not a starter) went in and threw a short pass to Larsen.

Then, to open up the fourth quarter they scored the TD to make it 49 when they challenged the play the refs had signaled as no TD.

So, let's not act like the Broncos continued pushing for the endzone without mercy. I guess Denver should have sat all the starters when it was 28-0 with 40 minutes left in a 60 minute game.

Would that have been classy?

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 12:35 PM

LMAO

The Cleveland team that lost to the Chiefs is NOT the same Cleveland team that beat the Patriots and took the Jets to overtime.

Colt McCoy looks to me to be the best QB out of the 2010 draft. Personally, I like him as much or more than Bradford in the NFL.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM

And the same that beat New Orleans... what is your point? Are you saying the 3-6 Browns are one of the more dominating teams in the league and head and shoulders better than KC?

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 12:43 PM
LMAO

The Cleveland team that lost to the Chiefs is NOT the same Cleveland team that beat the Patriots and took the Jets to overtime.

Colt McCoy looks to me to be the best QB out of the 2010 draft. Personally, I like him as much or more than Bradford in the NFL.

I dunno, he may be on to something...

Many are still saying that the Patriots are one of (if not THE) best team in the league right now.

Patriots lose to Browns, Browns lose to Chiefs, Chiefs lose to Denver...

Denver > Patriots? :evil: I knew it!

Where's the fistpump emoticon?

Only problem is that OAK beat Denver and the Raiders lost to the Cardinals.

The Cardinals lost to the Vikings and then the Vikings lost to the Patriots.

Dammit.

-Championship-
11-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Todd Haley looked like a bitch apologizing. He looks even worse now, then he did when he stiffed McDouche in the first place.

Bitch coach, bitch team. How fitting.

KCrockaholic
11-16-2010, 12:52 PM

KC should have beat the Texans.

KC should have beat the raiders.

We can play that game all day long. It doesn't work.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 12:54 PM
KC should have beat the Texans.

KC should have beat the raiders.

We can play that game all day long. It doesn't work.

True, just pointing out there's not that much difference within the division. Some around here act as if something horribly wrong happened after the 3-0 run... the only thing that happened is reality sat in and the schedule got tougher.

It's still the same team, hell maybe slightly better even than the team that couldn't score a TD on offense at CLE.

PHANTOM
11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
The score was 35 - 0 with 35 minutes of game left. From that point the Chiefs scored 4 TDs and a FG, the Broncos scored 2 TDs. The Broncos DID have backup players in the 4th. Bailey was still playing because the Broncos only suited up 3 CBs and were playing a Dime package for the entire second half. There were backup Safeties, LBs and DL rotating in. Hell, most of the Broncos D is second stringers starting for injured players anyway. The Broncos' last two possesions were all runs and a screen pass. They chose not to kick a FG on the last possesion. Haley was attempting onside kicks, going for two, two minute offense. The timeout called was by a Broncos' player, not the coach. If Haley wanted to get out of there he would have run the ball and punted, the Broncos would have done the same. The Broncos clearly went vanilla on O in the second half.
The challenge was to reward a player for an incredible catch. "Hey McD, why didn't you challenge that catch - Well son, I heard it was a catch from upstairs, but didn't want to offend the other team, you understand don't you." Yeah, that would go over well.

Conclusion, Haley is a little girly man.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 01:53 PM
So, you're not a believer in a team being able to make a comeback. Is there a specific margin of defeat when a team is supposed to sit back, rest their starters and wait for the other team to catch up? And, within what range is the winning team allowed to put their starters back in to avoid a loss?

Denver and Philly were up 35-0 in the first half...

KC made it 35-10 at the half and Denver only put up 14 points the entire second half. Denver made it 42 points when Tebow (notice he's not a starter) went in and threw a short pass to Larsen.

Then, to open up the fourth quarter they scored the TD to make it 49 when they challenged the play the refs had signaled as no TD.

So, let's not act like the Broncos continued pushing for the endzone without mercy. I guess Denver should have sat all the starters when it was 28-0 with 40 minutes left in a 60 minute game.

Would that have been classy?
Denver should absolutely not take their foot off the gas before the half. They probably shouldn't through the third quarter either. I'm not even advicating taking your foot off the gas at all, really. If you can win you should win.

What I'm saying is that once we hit the fourth quarter, and the score is 42-10, maybe you don't need to challenge the TD call. Maybe you do the "classy" thing and take the 3 points since you're already in field goal range. Maybe.

I do believe in comebacks. But this game was not going to end that way. Not the way the Chiefs were playing. I don't even have a problem with keeping the starters in all game. It's certaily arguable that it's more of an insult to pull the starters. But when the game is 42-10 and there's less than 15 mintues left, and you challenge a TD call and make it 49-10... maybe there's no shame in resting your players.

At that point, it becomes about something other than just winning.

And, yes, I think a coach has every right to throw the starters back in if the losing team mounts a comeback. Of course. It's still about winning in the end.

Tebow.... you mean he's not a starter?! How could I have missed that? Silly Chiefs fan that I am... I hadn't noticed!!!

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
In the NFL there is no such thing as having a team put away at half. With that much time left a head coach who took his foot off the gas and ended up losing the game could very well lose his job over it.

I agree. But we're not talking about half time. We're talking about the fourth quarter. We're talking about one decision that I think justified another.

I'm really not trying to argue the merits of the choices mad during the game. I'm merely trying to explain why I support Haley in his post-game decision.

vailpass
11-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I agree. But we're not talking about half time. We're talking about the fourth quarter. We're talking about one decision that I think justified another.

I'm really not trying to argue the merits of the choices mad during the game. I'm merely trying to explain why I support Haley in his post-game decision.

Fair enough.

orange
11-16-2010, 02:57 PM
I didn't see last night's game - did Shanahan shake hands?

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM

We're splitting hairs, but that challenged TD was a few plays into the start of the 4th quarter, the drive started in the 3rd.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
We're splitting hairs, but that challenged TD was a few plays into the start of the 4th quarter, the drive started in the 3rd.
Okay. Still. Doesn't really change the point.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm merely trying to explain why I support Haley in his post-game decision.

Haley's "decision" made him look like a whiny crybaby.

Furthermore, his "decision" landed him on the front cover of internet sites across America, from Huffington Post to PFT, etc.

It was bad form and embarrassing to not only himself but the Chiefs organization.

There's a real fucking bullshit double negative that permeates this site and it pisses me off. If it were reversed and McDaniels didn't shake hands, the majority of people here would be calling him every name in the book.

It's fucking bullshit.

DeezNutz
11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
If I'm Josh McDaniels, I would have taken a lot of joy in seeing Haley's tears at the end of the game. If you get your ass whipped once, don't engineer another ass whipping of your own design.

McDaniels completely owned Haley, and the latter allowed this to happen.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Haley's "decision" made him look like a whiny crybaby.

Furthermore, his "decision" landed him on the front cover of internet sites across America, from Huffington Post to PFT, etc.

It was bad form and embarrassing to not only himself but the Chiefs organization.

There's a real fucking bullshit double negative that permeates this site and it pisses me off. If it were reversed and McDaniels didn't shake hands, the majority of people here would be calling him every name in the book.

It's fucking bullshit.
Again, I'm not saying what Haley did was right. I'm just suggesting why it may have been justified.

I have no problem with him not shaking hands, personally. I'd have no problem with McDaniels not shaking hands. I can't speak for others, but there's no "double negative" here.

Ugly Duck
11-16-2010, 03:41 PM
What does Jeff Fisher think of McDaniels' trash talking opponents?

"Good luck in free agency."

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM
When Bill Belichick left before the end of SB XLII, 70% of people thought it was wrong.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=7550

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Okay. Still. Doesn't really change the point.

I dunno... your view of "being classy" has changed a bit... but you're now focused on just what happens in the 4th quarter. So, that's a plus. If only the Broncos had to make that decision in the final minute of the 3rd quarter, then we'd all be in a happy place.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Again, I'm not saying what Haley did was right. I'm just suggesting why it may have been justified.

I have no problem with him not shaking hands, personally. I'd have no problem with McDaniels not shaking hands. I can't speak for others, but there's no "double negative" here.

I'd have a problem with either. It's extremely unsportmanlike and it sets a bad example for a young team.

And for those that want to claim that Parcells & Belichick have done the same thing, go fuck yourselves.

When Todd Haley has won a few Super Bowls, he *might* get a pass. Until then, as career 9-16 coach, he needs to drop the act and be a man.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I'd have a problem with either. It's extremely unsportmanlike and it sets a bad example for a young team.

And for those that want to claim that Parcells & Belichick have done the same thing, go **** yourselves.

When Todd Haley has won a few Super Bowls, he *might* get a pass. Until then, as career 9-16 coach, he needs to drop the act and be a man.

Hey, maybe you've solved what really was burning Haley's butt... the win gave McDaniels a record of 10-15. :doh!:

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM

And for those that want to claim that Parcells & Belichick have done the same thing, go fuck yourselves.

I see that in the current climate of the game that what he did could be seen as unsportsmanlike. Absolutely. But I'm indifferent to the ritual in general which is why I don't have a problem with neither of them shaking hands.

I think Todd's apology is classy, for the record. His "diss" may or may not have been the right thing to do, but the apology certainly was the right thing to do. That sets a great example.

kcmaxwell
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Don't go all panty bunch over this thing, man.

Haley's pissed ... as well he should be.

Besides, McDipstick was picking his nose on the sideline with that hand.

FAX

pretty much what i thought, minus the nose picking thing, i missed that...

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I see that in the current climate of the game that what he did could be seen as unsportsmanlike. Absolutely. But I'm indifferent to the ritual in general which is why I don't have a problem with neither of them shaking hands.

I think Todd's apology is classy, for the record. His "diss" may or may not have been the right thing to do, but the apology certainly was the right thing to do. That sets a great example.

ROFL

Kids, it doesn't matter what you do - just always remember to apologize, whether you are sincere or not. An apology makes it all go away.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
I dunno... your view of "being classy" has changed a bit... but you're now focused on just what happens in the 4th quarter. So, that's a plus. If only the Broncos had to make that decision in the final minute of the 3rd quarter, then we'd all be in a happy place.
I don't see how my view of "being classy" has changed. But, if you say so.

My focus hasn't changed. And, yeah, maybe it's stupid, but if that call comes before the fourth quarter it does change it's message a bit.

But, again, either way it's McDaniels' choice. He made it. He stands by it. I'm not saying it was wrong. But it does make him look a little like a dick. So be it. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

The Broncos beat the shit out of the Chiefs. Legally. At the end of the day, that's all that counts. Who cares one way or the other if I think it's a dick more or not? Nothing changes.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
ROFL

Kids, it doesn't matter what you do - just always remember to apologize, whether you are sincere or not. An apology makes it all go away.

Looks like I've been giving you a lot more credit than you deserve for a long time. Sad day, Barrel Man. Sad day.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 03:59 PM

LMAO

Come on, Dude. You're smarter than this.

Haley HAD to apologize. When this type of unsportsmanlike conduct shows up on the Huffington Post of all places, it's BAD.

It was a classless move that left Haley no choice. Period.

Quite honestly, I'd have had more respect if Haley had said yesterday that he wasn't going to apologize and given us the reason for the snub.

The apology made look like a baby.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 04:00 PM
LMAO

Come on, Dude. You're smarter than this.

Haley HAD to apologize. When this type of unsportsmanlike conduct shows up on the Huffington Post of all places, it's BAD.

Haley had no choice. Period.
Of course! But it was still the right thing to do.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Of course! But it was still the right thing to do.

He had no choice. There was no other decision to make other than to apologize.

Let's not knight Haley for doing something that was expected of him.

DeezNutz
11-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Given the way he started the presser, my impression was that the decision to apologize had been made for him (Pioli).

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 04:05 PM

I'm hardly knighting him. I agree with you. But regardless of any outside pressure, it's the right thing to do.

Just like when you disappline a child. The child may not mean it. The child may not have any other choice. The parent may be making them do it. But it's still the right thing to do.

I have no problem with Haley's actions, personally. As a fan. I don't. But I get the need to appologize, and I'm glad he did it. Even if it's a dog and pony show.

It doesn't fix anything, but that's not the point. I will say, I hope Haley has learned something from this little episode.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Given the way he started the presser, my impression was that the decision to apologize had been made for him (Pioli).
I'm sure that's true.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM

Me, too.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm hardly knighting him. I agree with you. But regardless of any outside pressure, it's the right thing to do.

Just like when you disappline a child. The child may not mean it. The child may not have any other choice. The parent may be making them do it. But it's still the right thing to do.

I have no problem with Haley's actions, personally. As a fan. I don't. But I get the need to appologize, and I'm glad he did it. Even if it's a dog and pony show.

It doesn't fix anything, but that's not the point. I will say, I hope Haley has learned something from this little episode.

Haley's not a child. He's paid $3 million a year to coach and lead the Kansas City Chiefs. He's an ambassador for the Hunt family and the metropolitan and outlying areas.

It was a Bush-League, punk ass move. There are no two ways around it. His team was beaten soundly in every phase of the game and instead of being a true sportsman, he acted like an insolent child.

You're free to justify his behavior however you'd like but there are no two ways around it: He was wrong.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Haley's not a child. He's paid $3 million a year to coach and lead the Kansas City Chiefs. He's an ambassador for the Hunt family and the metropolitan and outlying areas.

It was a Bush-League, punk ass move. There are no two ways around it. His team was beaten soundly in every phase of the game and instead of being a true sportsman, he acted like an insolent child.

You're free to justify his behavior however you'd like but there are no two ways around it: He was wrong.
I never said he was right.

Do you really think this thing damaged the franchise, the Hunt family, the KC metro area, the game of football and it's legacy so completely?

In a week will anyone really remember or care?

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
I never said he was right.

Do you really think this thing damaged the franchise, the Hunt family, the KC metro area, the game of football and it's legacy so completely?

In a week will anyone really remember or care?

I think that it leaves a bad impression of the Chiefs organization, yes.

If it wasn't the right thing to do Sunday, why did he apologize?

It often appears to me that Haley thinks he's "arrived" just because he's a head coach. He likes to talk about Parcells and all these other guys but he acts like he's in some exclusive club because he's worked with them.

News Flash: He hasn't arrived. And if his team continues to play like they have the past four weeks for the next seven, he'll have dug himself an even deeper hole with the fans.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
I think that it leaves a bad impression of the Chiefs organization, yes.

If it wasn't the right thing to do Sunday, why did he apologize?

It often appears to me that Haley thinks he's "arrived" just because he's a head coach. He likes to talk about Parcells and all these other guys but he acts like he's in some exclusive club because he's worked with them.

News Flash: He hasn't arrived. And if his team continues to play like they have the past four weeks for the next seven, he'll have dug himself an even deeper hole with the fans.
He apologized because he had to. Simple as that. Or he really understands that he let his emotions get away from him, and he genuinely regrets his actions. I didn't see the interview, I only read the words. I have no idea how genuine he appeared. Either way, it had to be done. He did it. Good work, now we can all move on.

I agree with your last paragraph completely. I like Haley. I like his attitude to a great degree - not always, but greatly. But he has far from arrived. He still has a long way to go, and he may never get there. But I like the guy's fire.

He's made his mistakes, but overall I think he's been good for the organization so far. But, you're right, he can't behave however he wants yet. There are certain things he can't and shouldn't be able to get away with. He still has a lot to prove and a lot to earn.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM

Looks like I've been giving you a lot more credit than you deserve for a long time. Sad day, Barrel Man. Sad day.

Don't make me point my finger... There's a lot of (expletive) being talked about you.

Red Brooklyn
11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Don't make me point my finger... There's a lot of (expletive) being talked about you.
ROFL

I really do like you MHM. I hope our little back and forth hasn't soured our relationship.

Seriously, I don't think I've flip-flopped on any of my positions. And had this situation been exactly reveresed, I would be saying the same thing in regards to the snub. I'd be saying Haley was dick for challanging the TD call, and I be saying I had no problem with McD snubbing him post game. That's the truth.

Ultimately, it's just not a big deal. I admit that I'm still heated about the loss. I'm angry. But I'm mostly angry at how the Chiefs played. I can't fault the Broncos or their coaching staff... but I can call them out on what I think are dick moves, and I can hate them. :)

That's my god given right as a Chiefs' fan.

Tuckdaddy
11-16-2010, 05:01 PM
This is classless, I don't care what anyone says.

http://i52.tinypic.com/mhyeyb.jpg

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/oak/haley2.gif

Who fugging cares if they shake hands. The NFL employs a bunch of crappy players with criminal records. It's not exactly a company of choir boys.

Rukdafaidas
11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
One thing I do know....
It's nice to have the rivalries back in the AFCW.
It's nice that these games actually have some meaning.
It's nice being able to look forward to these games.
Hell, I can't wait 'til we play the Broncos again.
I also can't wait to play the Raiders again.
It's even nice to see some rival trolls come to our board again to talk some shit.
I'm even looking forward to the Cardinals game.....wow!

stevieray
11-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Haley flips off blowfish part II..

OMG

listopencil
11-16-2010, 06:51 PM

Reminds me of a story from a loong time ago. Broncos at Raiders and Al Davis was wandering around the field while the teams were warming up. Shannahan walked up to Elway and asked, "You think you can hit him from here?" and glanced at Davis. Elway just laughed it off but Shanny just stared at Elway hard for a minute then walked away. Elway had said that he never was sure if Shanny was serious or not. I'd like to see the Triangle Of Hate alive and well again.

FAX
11-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Reminds me of a story from a loong time ago. Broncos at Raiders and Al Davis was wandering around the field while the teams were warming up. Shannahan walked up to Elway and asked, "You think you can hit him from here?" and glanced at Davis. Elway just laughed it off but Shanny just stared at Elway hard for a minute then walked away. Elway had said that he never was sure if Shanny was serious or not. I'd like to see the Triangle Of Hate alive and well again.

ROFL

I'd heard that story. I didn't think it was .. you know ... actually true and all.

Then again ... it really wouldn't surprise me.

FAX

InChiefsHell
11-17-2010, 05:54 AM
The score was 35 - 0 with 35 minutes of game left. From that point the Chiefs scored 4 TDs and a FG, the Broncos scored 2 TDs. The Broncos DID have backup players in the 4th. Bailey was still playing because the Broncos only suited up 3 CBs and were playing a Dime package for the entire second half. There were backup Safeties, LBs and DL rotating in. Hell, most of the Broncos D is second stringers starting for injured players anyway. The Broncos' last two possesions were all runs and a screen pass. They chose not to kick a FG on the last possesion. Haley was attempting onside kicks, going for two, two minute offense. The timeout called was by a Broncos' player, not the coach. If Haley wanted to get out of there he would have run the ball and punted, the Broncos would have done the same. The Broncos clearly went vanilla on O in the second half.
The challenge was to reward a player for an incredible catch. "Hey McD, why didn't you challenge that catch - Well son, I heard it was a catch from upstairs, but didn't want to offend the other team, you understand don't you." Yeah, that would go over well.

Conclusion, Haley is a little girly man.

I'm pretty sure the argument has changed from "Haley simply being pissed that we got our asses handed to us" to "Haley must have had other reasons for being pissed at McDickhead besides the score". Try to keep up. It's a long thread I know.

Haley has never demonstrated this behavior in the past. There is evidence that McDouchebag has been a trash talking fuckstick of a coach in the past. If you are going off of proven history...then Haley is not the girly man in this scenario. Nobody knows what really happened though, so each side is gonna interpret it the way that they want to.

Mile High Mania
11-17-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm pretty sure the argument has changed from "Haley simply being pissed that we got our asses handed to us" to "Haley must have had other reasons for being pissed at McDickhead besides the score". Try to keep up. It's a long thread I know.

Haley has never demonstrated this behavior in the past. There is evidence that McDouchebag has been a trash talking ****stick of a coach in the past. If you are going off of proven history...then Haley is not the girly man in this scenario. Nobody knows what really happened though, so each side is gonna interpret it the way that they want to.

Evidence?

notorious
11-17-2010, 06:14 AM

I love that story, even if it is the Broncos.

InChiefsHell
11-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Evidence?

It's referenced in the article about the Chargers. You can say it could be the Chargers who started it, or McDouche, but it's precedented. Other players have been quoted. Other coaches like Jeff Fisher have commented on it. It's in this long ass thread MHM. COme on now.

Count Zarth
11-17-2010, 06:21 AM
So it begins.

http://item.slide.com/r/1/145/i/w3TqZOg87T_mY6dVt3MCxUzT3SVHBsMG/

New angle:

http://i51.tinypic.com/6syxy0.jpg

Larger res:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__28/ept_sports_nfl_experts-42241351-1289809880.jpg?ymZPoFEDkzgQk3tK

Count Zarth
11-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Hell, this is the ultimate.

http://i56.tinypic.com/ixtbo6.jpg

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

http://i51.tinypic.com/wqt104.jpg

ForeverChiefs58
11-17-2010, 06:32 AM

The real story is Shannahan felt he was unfairly fired when he was Raiders head coach, his next job was as offensive cordinator for 49ers and he said that about throwing the ball at Al to a young Elvis Grbac. Everything else is right, and love it when everyone hates a raider!

Mile High Mania
11-17-2010, 08:48 AM
It's referenced in the article about the Chargers. You can say it could be the Chargers who started it, or McDouche, but it's precedented. Other players have been quoted. Other coaches like Jeff Fisher have commented on it. It's in this long ass thread MHM. COme on now.

Yeah - I read all of that.

I believe it was "exchanging taunts" without any commentary around how it started. Fisher commented on the overall notion of a coach (McD) exchanging taunts with players and said 'good luck in FA'.

Look - I don't like the guy, I'm not blindly trying to back him up... but, I'll need something tangible before I just throw this at him and say he started the taunting or he and the players were laughing at the Moeaki injury. I seriously doubt that is fact.

Groves
11-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I thought it was like the NHL, the goalies fight each other.

Who else is Haley supposed to get lippy with if not McD?

InChiefsHell
11-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah - I read all of that.

I believe it was "exchanging taunts" without any commentary around how it started. Fisher commented on the overall notion of a coach (McD) exchanging taunts with players and said 'good luck in FA'.

Look - I don't like the guy, I'm not blindly trying to back him up... but, I'll need something tangible before I just throw this at him and say he started the taunting or he and the players were laughing at the Moeaki injury. I seriously doubt that is fact.

I guess all I'm saying is that McDaniels has been at least referenced in that type of behavior. Haley has NEVER shown this type of behavior. One could at least conclude that there is probably more to this than just the score.

Meh. It doesn't really matter in the end. I don't know what the deal was, I'm just saying it's a-typical behavior by Haley, so it stands to reason that there is more to this story.

TrickyNicky
11-17-2010, 09:58 AM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3979/pewpews.jpg

Mile High Mania
11-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I guess all I'm saying is that McDaniels has been at least referenced in that type of behavior. Haley has NEVER shown this type of behavior. One could at least conclude that there is probably more to this than just the score.

Meh. It doesn't really matter in the end. I don't know what the deal was, I'm just saying it's a-typical behavior by Haley, so it stands to reason that there is more to this story.

Read somewhere that he possibly flipped off a Browns' fan ...

orange
11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Read somewhere that he possibly flipped off a Browns' fan ...

Don't believe anything you read there.

PHANTOM
11-17-2010, 02:29 PM

Or you're desperately reaching to defend a pathetic action that was already apologized (admitted fault) for. It has to be something, running up the score, taunting, jarring with opponents - maybe Haley was just being a douche. That's on film - the rest is hear-say.

KC Tattoo
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM
IMO. Haley must have been warned about MCDaniels something something sex with aids tree & didn't want to get infected himself. This is just a rumer but I don't blame Haley for not shaking his hand.

LaChapelle
11-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Maybe the "they" that talk shit about him are the Chiefs that were Pats
and maybe the shit was masturbating in Mall bathrooms while people listen

InChiefsHell
11-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Or you're desperately reaching to defend a pathetic action that was already apologized (admitted fault) for. It has to be something, running up the score, taunting, jarring with opponents - maybe Haley was just being a douche. That's on film - the rest is hear-say.

Dude...the audio states that Haley said "There are a lot of people talking shit about you"...not "Wah, you ran up the score you dick".

Agreed, it was pathetic, and that's why he apologized. But, and I don't expect Donkey fans to think this clearly, reason dictates that there was more to this than running up the score.

Since it's been apologized for, it's a moot point by now. We'll see the Donks again in Arrowhead. The rivalry lives.

Mile High Mania
11-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Dude...the audio states that Haley said "There are a lot of people talking shit about you"...not "Wah, you ran up the score you dick".

Agreed, it was pathetic, and that's why he apologized. But, and I don't expect Donkey fans to think this clearly, reason dictates that there was more to this than running up the score.

Since it's been apologized for, it's a moot point by now. We'll see the Donks again in Arrowhead. The rivalry lives.

Ah ok... :p Honestly, don't care for McD - this issue should really just die at this point.

DA_T_84
11-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Ah ok... :p Honestly, don't care for McD - this issue should really just die at this point.

NEVER!

Todd Haley is vindicated BUMP