PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dwayne Bowe

BossChief
11-15-2010, 02:10 AM
#1 in the NFL in TD receptions.

Just thought I would mention that to all the haters that want him gone...

carry on

CoMoChief
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM

carry on

Him and Lilja will be our only Pro Bowlers on offense, unless JC just starts to tear up the league....which our schedule is favorable...who knows. Heres who I think our possible Pro Bowlers are

Ryan Lilja
Dwayne Bowe
Jamaal Charles (needs to tear up the 2nd half of the schedule)
Tamba Hali
Brandon Flowers
Derrick Johnson (gonna be hard, there are a lot of LB's out there that are great ones, with already known name recognition).

Shogun
11-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Regardless of his ups and downs. I really like Bowe and hope he stays and retires a chief. Hes now the 9th all time WR for the Chiefs.

Chocolate Hog
11-15-2010, 02:17 AM

carry on

Sure helped him make that catch vs Indy errrm nevermind or how bout the game winner vs Oak... Nevermind

BossChief
11-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Sure helped him make that catch vs Indy errrm nevermind or how bout the game winner vs Oak... Nevermind

He should have caught both passes, nobody is gonna dispute that. Especially the ball in Oakland.

BUT

Since the Indy game, he has caught a TD pass in EVERY GAME and had a monster game against one of the best corners in the NFL today.

Yeah, #1 in the NFL.

Without his contributions, we would have lost many more games than the ones we have.

Chocolate Hog
11-15-2010, 02:25 AM
He should have caught both passes, nobody is gonna dispute that. Especially the ball in Oakland.

BUT

Since the Indy game, he has caught a TD pass in EVERY GAME and had a monster game against one of the best corners in the NFL today.

Yeah, #1 in the NFL.

Without his contributions, we would have lost many more games than the ones we have.

For the record I don't want to cut Bowe if we could get a 2nd round pick then maybe I'd trade him. I still don't think he's a #1 guy and hope we draft one next year.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Bowe is very talented and his stats are particularly impressive considering the half-retarded motherfucker passing the ball to him. Unfortunately, I don't know if he'll ever be an elite receiver because he's too spotty when it comes to making catches when they matter most. But he certainly shouldn't be cut the way some morons here think.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2010, 02:27 AM
It's easy to make catches when you're down by 4 TD's, much like it was easy for Nick Lowery to make kicks when down by 4 TD's.

No pressure makes it's easy to do a job.

BossChief
11-15-2010, 02:39 AM
It's easy to make catches when you're down by 4 TD's, much like it was easy for Nick Lowery to make kicks when down by 4 TD's.

No pressure makes it's easy to do a job.

He was third in the NFL before today.

There goes that.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2010, 03:15 AM
lol, its not that easy the way he was getting hit out there. Dude took some nice hits.

Fritz88
11-15-2010, 03:33 AM

BUT

Yeah, #1 in the NFL.

Monster game?

After the team eats up 50 points and their secondary plays prevent defense..yeah, things will loosen up for him.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2010, 04:08 AM
eh, quite a few of them passes were against Champ Bailey when Bailey had him 1 on 1. I wouldnt say it was prevent defense the whole time. Not saying he didnt benefit from it at times, but alot of his catches were not in a zone defense. Something we pretty much did all game.

I tell you what not having our Starting safety or back up saftey in there hurt us bad. THey picked on that early and often.

Shogun
11-15-2010, 04:11 AM
Mcgraw and Lewis are never allowed to miss another game ever. Im fairly certain that an injured either one of those guys would have been an upgrade to Washington and price

kysirsoze
11-15-2010, 04:33 AM
The thing that impressed me most was his presence of mind to recover his fumble while barely conscious. That play was just amazing, IMO.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2010, 04:37 AM
The thing that impressed me most was his presence of mind to recover his fumble while barely conscious. That play was just amazing, IMO.

B-b-but he's lazy and never focuses! Cut his ass!

mikey23545
11-15-2010, 06:22 AM
One thing about Bowe - you can always count on him when the game's not on the line.

Bane
11-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Who?

pr_capone
11-15-2010, 07:39 AM
One thing about Bowe - you can always count on him when the game's not on the line.

QFT

suds79
11-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Who's leading the league in game winning catches dropped?

I'd like to see that stat.

suds79
11-15-2010, 07:51 AM

This.

Thread over.

LaChapelle
11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Bowe 13/186
next Charles 5/80 - Copper 5/55
WR help is much needed

burt
11-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Mike......well said

DJ's left nut
11-15-2010, 11:50 AM
I'll repeat what I said after the Raiders loss:

Bowe's played very well since the Indy debacle. I'm inclined to put the "should we keep him?" question to bed. Is he inconsistent? Yup, but he's unquestionably a guy that can start as a WR for a Super Bowl squad. Ideally he's starting as a #2, but just because he isn't one of the top 10 WRs in football, that doesn't mean you cut him. Much like Pollard, not being a superstar doesn't mean you're worthless. Bowe may not be Calvin Johnson, but he's not Snoop Minnis either.

The guy's a good player. He's a bit of an idiot, but he's a hard worker that's bought into the system and still has a bit of untapped potential. I think you keep him without thinking twice. When you consider his talent, his red-zone ability and his blocking for a run-first team, he's a very valuable component. In my eyes, it's far more likely than not that you'll spend his money on players that aren't nearly as valuable as him if you let him walk.

Bowe's not the problem on this team.

Bane
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
HEYZ GUYZ!!!!!1111111GO BOWEZZZ!!!!!!!!11111

burt
11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Bowe's not the problem on this team.

You have mastered the understatement

Demonpenz
11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
I was surprised bowe was let to go back out after he was knocked into next week and laying on the ground

Micjones
11-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Bowe's been a completely different guy since the Indianapolis game.
He did drop a game-winning reception at Oakland, but otherwise he's been a beast (with no help from any other WR's).

thurman merman
11-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Food for thought for the people who want to cut Bowe: That would make Chris Chambers the team's number 1 wide receiver. A bunch of guys we have never heard of would be the #2, 3, and 4 wide receivers.

HemiEd
11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
He made one short catch yesterday, that was almost impossible to imagine anyone making. Oh yeah, Cassel threw it, so most of them are very difficult.

Deberg_1990
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Bowe is a fantasy stud. Wish i had picked him up in my league around week 3 or 4 for nothing.

Chocolate Hog
11-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Bowe's been a completely different guy since the Indianapolis game.
He did drop a game-winning reception at Oakland, but otherwise he's been a beast (with no help from any other WR's).

Translation: Sure Bowe helped ruin the season but atleast he put up pro bowl numbers in a meaningless game.

And hey guys while we're speaking on numbers Cassel has pro bowl ones as well.

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Translation: Sure Bowe helped ruin the season but atleast he put up pro bowl numbers in a meaningless game.

huh? one drop "ruined" the season? oh yeah this poat is from billlaaayyyy

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM

oh AND your translation sucked too.

Art Vader
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
he's made some sweet heel-tap sideline catches falling backwards. patented move?
and that fumble recovery was very heads up.
Cassel blows.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
as much as i hate Cassel, he's not the problem lately. We could use a massive upgrade, we all know it, but our defense has went to complete shit. At frist our Dline was created a little pressure, but now, they arent creating shit. I dont care who you are, you get all day to throw, your going to move the ball ALOT.

Chocolate Hog
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
huh? one drop "ruined" the season? oh yeah this poat is from billlaaayyyy

Just like the drops on your head that led to your retardation it wasn't just one drop by Bowe.

Goldmember
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM

I thought he plays every game while barely conscious

tyton75
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't want Bowe gone.. I just want him to make ALL of the catches he SHOULD make

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Just like the drops on your head that led to your retardation it wasn't just one drop by Bowe.

ok:rolleyes: i'm sure one player has ruined this season that is just a little past the halfway point

HotRoute
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
dwayne bowe is not whats wrong with this team . . .

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
dwayne bowe is not whats wrong with this team . . .

We are what we thought we were. 7-9 to 8-8 team.

DJ's left nut
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
as much as i hate Cassel, he's not the problem lately. We could use a massive upgrade, we all know it, but our defense has went to complete shit. At frist our Dline was created a little pressure, but now, they arent creating shit. I dont care who you are, you get all day to throw, your going to move the ball ALOT.

Gets back to how much damage that Tyson Jackson pick has caused.

People don't harp on it as badly when we're winning - but try to remember that we took Tyson Jackson at #3 overall last season when you're watching our defensive line get its shit pushed in on every play.

It boggles the mind. He's probably going to end up as the worst pick in the history of the franchise.

suds79
11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't want Bowe gone.. I just want him to make ALL of the catches he SHOULD make

And that's something he will never, never do.

So it's a take your pick.

Learn to live with his inconsistency or find someone who can make the routine catches.

DJ's left nut
11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
And that's something he will never, never do.

So it's a take your pick.

Learn to live with his inconsistency or find someone who can make the routine catches.

Or you could do both.

Getting rid of Bowe has nothing to do with bringing in another strong WR. They're not mutually exclusive.

It would be nice to have a 'hands' guy like Welker to rely on over the middle and in short zones. It would be nice to also have a big, physical WR like Bowe to run the deeper zones and longer crossing routes while also being able to block like a mad-man. It would be nicer still to have a 3rd WR that can stretch the field.

They call that an NFL WR corps; we presently do not have one of those. We have Bowe being asked to do things he's simply not going to do because he's not a superstar and a bunch of scrubs that can't do shit.

Bowe is part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Chocolate Hog
11-15-2010, 01:52 PM
ok:rolleyes: i'm sure one player has ruined this season that is just a little past the halfway point

It's not just 1 player but lets not act like Bowe hasn't played a role in the Chiefs losing games. Like I stated before I'd rather him be the #2 guy hopefully we draft Julio Jones.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Gets back to how much damage that Tyson Jackson pick has caused.

People don't harp on it as badly when we're winning - but try to remember that we took Tyson Jackson at #3 overall last season when you're watching our defensive line get its shit pushed in on every play.

It boggles the mind. He's probably going to end up as the worst pick in the history of the franchise.

i think that 2009 draft was going to be fucked from the start. IT was never really Pioli's scouting team. He got throw into that situation without knowing all that much about the team its coaches and its scouts. That year he never stood a chance at much. Once he had a full year under his belt his draft picks were alot better. We had a great draft so far.

We are where we thought we should be as a team. Yes, it started out with a bang and it could end with one as well. Its all still a learning process. I Get down when we lose just like the next fan, but then i have to come back to my senses and think, hey, this is where we are supposed to be. Hell, we are still 5-4. I dont think anyone seen us sitting at 5-4.

DJ's left nut
11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
i think that 2009 draft was going to be ****ed from the start. IT was never really Pioli's scouting team. He got throw into that situation without knowing all that much about the team its coaches and its scouts. That year he never stood a chance at much. Once he had a full year under his belt his draft picks were alot better. We had a great draft so far.

We are where we thought we should be as a team. Yes, it started out with a bang and it could end with one as well. Its all still a learning process. I Get down when we lose just like the next fan, but then i have to come back to my senses and think, hey, this is where we are supposed to be. Hell, we are still 5-4. I dont think anyone seen us sitting at 5-4.

I don't buy it.

He had his own scouting team in NE, was he napping through that season? How was he preparing for the draft leading up to the move to KC?

If you want to argue that his picks in rounds 5-7 were substandard because he didn't have a full outlay of scouts from KC in place already - okay, I guess I can live with that. But he had access to plenty of scouts and scouting reports on Tyson Jackson. He had plenty of time to watch game film for that guy.

He had ample time for picks like McGee, even. A guy like McGee would've been someone he scouted while with NE, afterall they knew that Seymore was likely walking and would've been looking for his replacement.

Sorry, but the 'scouts' argument is just a way to justify a shitty draft. The 2009 offseason has come to rear its ugly head again. Once again our D-Line is horrid and our WRs suck eggs. Once again Mark Sanchez is leading game-winning drives while Danger Matt can only rack up stats in garbage time.

It's virtually impossible to overstate the damage 2009 did to the franchise.

jd1020
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
It's not just 1 player but lets not act like Bowe hasn't played a role in the Chiefs losing games. Like I stated before I'd rather him be the #2 guy hopefully we draft Julio Jones.

Jones has the same f#ckin problems... You're a smart one arent ya?

Micjones
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM

One drop ruined the entire season for this team?
ROFL

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Bowe is an excellent receiver for the day he had yesterday and the league leading TD receptions, but the guy who delivers him the ball is a complete and utter waste of space and isn't fit to be a back up QB ?

DJ's left nut
11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Bowe is an excellent receiver for the day he had yesterday and the league leading TD receptions, but the guy who delivers him the ball is a complete and utter waste of space and isn't fit to be a back up QB ?

That's not true at all.

He's totally fit to be a backup QB.

Backup QBs are guys that lock onto a single target and force feed them the ball in a manner which inflates their stats to the point that they appear to be more talented than they actually are.

Backup QBs make us expect a guy like Dwayne Bowe to be all-world just because he's the guy that Cassel tends to stare at and throw to over and over again.

Cassel's mediocrity (and the mediocrity of our WR corps) is reflected in Bowe's numbers.

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
That's not true at all.

He's totally fit to be a backup QB.

Backup QBs are guys that lock onto a single target and force feed them the ball in a manner which inflates their stats to the point that they appear to be more talented than they actually are.

Backup QBs make us expect a guy like Dwayne Bowe to be all-world just because he's the guy that Cassel tends to stare at and throw to over and over again.

Cassel's mediocrity (and the mediocrity of our WR corps) is reflected in Bowe's numbers.

ROFLROFL but bowe isnt involved enough per cp.

BossChief
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Monster game?

After the team eats up 50 points and their secondary plays prevent defense..yeah, things will loosen up for him.ummm what? Its not like he got all of his yards after they were in prevent. He got consistent production in the Denver game. He was the only one on offense that did.

haha

Julio Jones?

Are you fucking kidding?

He drops as many passes, or more, than Bowe.

try again

Demonpenz
11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Julio Jones gets dropped like yo dialup connection

jd1020
11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Baldwin is the only receiver that would fit in the Chiefs system enough to warrant using the #1 pick on a WR.

RockChalk
11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Mcgraw and Lewis are never allowed to miss another game ever. Im fairly certain that an injured either one of those guys would have been an upgrade to Washington and price

This. X 400,000

Price should be cut if he hasn't been already. Donald Washington is the equivalent of William Bartee.

-Championship-
11-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Dwayne Bowe is nothing but a decent number two receiver, at best.

Funny how you Chief fans are on his nuts after he puts up huge numbers in garbage time against the overrated Champ Bailey. Wasn't it just a week ago you Chief fans were cursing him because he dropped the game clinching first down against the Raiders? ROFL

But yeah, Bowe will definitely put up some nice numbers this year, most of them coming in garbage time. But remember this, Chief fans. When you needed Bowe the most, he failed.

That is a microcosm to the entire Chiefs' franchise. LOL!

Brock
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Dwayne Bowe is nothing but a decent number two receiver, at best.

Funny how you Chief fans are on his nuts after he puts up huge numbers in garbage time against the overrated Champ Bailey. Wasn't it just a week ago you Chief fans were cursing him because he dropped the game clinching first down against the Raiders? ROFL

But yeah, Bowe will definitely put up some nice numbers this year, most of them coming in garbage time. But remember this, Chief fans. When you needed Bowe the most, he failed.

That is a microcosm to the entire Chiefs' franchise. LOL!

Weren't you the one talking about what a great receiver Chaz Schillens is?

DJ's left nut
11-15-2010, 03:41 PM
ROFLROFL but bowe isnt involved enough per cp.

You could pretty much say anything and then put 'per cp' behind it.

There are at least a couple hundred very active posters and hundreds more than come and go. The number of opinions are as varied as can be.

But very very few people have complained this year about Bowe not being a big enough part of the offense. Last year? Sure - and he wasn't. But he's been the lock-on target every time Cassel has dropped back this season.

Putting 'per cp' after some line dripping with sarcasm doesn't exactly earn you any more cache than me saying 'Cassel is a franchise QB per cp'; the number of people that hold both opinions is probably roughly equal.

TEX
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM

carry on

If he could catch, he'd have more.
Carry on...

Brock
11-15-2010, 05:50 PM
What about drops?

He's behind Miles Austin, Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, etc.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
He's behind Miles Austin, Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, etc.

what do these names have in comming? thats right, they are number 1 receivers and 2 of them are on the way to the hall of fame when their time is done.

Andre Johnson cost his team a week or 2 ago because he missed an easy catch. It fucking happens. Even to the best. We all know that Andre is the best receiver in the NFL right now.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-15-2010, 06:15 PM
what do these names have in comming? thats right, they are number 1 receivers and 2 of them are on the way to the hall of fame when their time is done.

Andre Johnson cost his team a week or 2 ago because he missed an easy catch. It fucking happens. Even to the best. We all know that Andre is the best receiver in the NFL right now.

Yep, right through his hands and into the arms of a Charger. Ended the game.