PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Montreal - Anyone been there?

chief husker
11-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Thinking about getting away for a long weekend. Anyone been there? Neighborhoods or cool districts to hang out in? Favorite bars or restaurants? Thanks Planateers.

Fritz88
11-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Cassel is trash.
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy
11-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Montreal>Cassel

chief husker
11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Montreal>Cassel

I would hope so

The Poz
11-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Many times. Are you going with a lady friend or with some guys? Montreal is truly the mecca for strip joints, no lie. I've been there for a number of stags and guys weekends. It's one of the greatest cities I've ever been to and I've traveled quite a bit.
I take it you're a sports fan so you should do yourself a favor and hit a Habs game. You've never been to a NHL game until you see one in Montreal, the games are always a sell out and they go nuts the entire game. I see the Sabers are in town for the Saturday. Should be a good one.
http://www.stubhub.com/nhl-tickets/montreal-canadiens-tickets/?gcid=C12289x466&gtkw=Montreal+Canadiens
Or try Craigslist for tickets.
For neighborhoods,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Laurent_Boulevard
http://www.vieux.montreal.qc.ca/eng/accueila.htm
Eats:
http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/index_eng.html

Anything else, ask away.

The Poz
11-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Best rock bar in the city. Seen some good shows there.
http://www.foufounes.qc.ca/news/

Bane
11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Montreal need more visits.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't speak French. Nor do I plan to ever learn too.

KC_Connection
11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
I've been there a few times, fun city. They pretty much speak English in Montreal.

The Poz
11-15-2010, 08:52 AM

Everyone in Montreal speaks English. When you venture further into Quebec that changes.

eazyb81
11-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Just go straight to the peelers. Montreal is known world-wide for having the best nekkid clubs and the reputation is legit.

I could tell some stories....

CanadianChief
11-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Club SuperSex has the three main stages with good looking girls. When I was there the stripper offered to screw four guys for $500 with a 45 minute time limit.

Git R Done!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Jesus. You guys are making me want to go. :D

Pushead2
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
one of the best cities I've ever been too.......

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Montreal is a beautiful city. Take a nice long walk down St. Catherine Street, sit at an outdoor cafe and have a nice meal and some drinks. Bars, shops, restaurants, the best all nude club I've ever been to, St. Cats has it all.
The Montreal Film Festival is a fantastic time to visit.

WebGem
11-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I have been to every single LA Kings game they've played in Montreal since about 2003. I don't do anything when I'm on vacation though, usually just sit in the hotel.

vailpass
11-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Everyone in Montreal speaks English. When you venture further into Quebec that changes.

I was once in a shop in Montreal to buy some clothes for my wife. French speaking shop. The women who worked there did not want to help me in English and at first refused to accept my American currency. I had to ask for the owner.

That treatment was the exeption to the rule. Although there are plenty of francophiles in Montreal they generally treat us unwashed Americans just fine.

The Poz
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
I was once in a shop in Montreal to buy some clothes for my wife. French speaking shop. The women who worked there did not want to help me and at first refused to accept my American currency. I had to ask for the owner.

That treatment was the exeption to the rule. Although there are plenty of francophiles in Montreal they generally treat us unwashed Americans just fine.

Yes, that happens. Being from Ontario I have been treated like shit on occasion but for the most part I found if they want to get paid they'll play nice.
The strippers of course love the tourists, they know that they're there to spend $.

vailpass
11-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes, that happens. Being from Ontario I have been treated like shit on occasion but for the most part I found if they want to get paid they'll play nice.
The strippers of course love the tourists, they know that they're there to spend $.

I'm not a strip club guy but will see what the locals have to offer sometimes when travelling.
One night I wandered in to a little strip joint on St. Catherine's. Ordered a whiskey and water, they served it to me in separate glasses. That set a good tone.
Sat at the stage, watched beautiful women from all around the world come out one after the next and get naked.

Suddenly there were two women, a Brazillian and a Canadian, naked at the same time. Then they started going at it on stage. When they finished I went to place money on stage for them like the uncouth American I guess I am.

The manager politely informed me that there is no tipping, that the girls are available for hire in the back rooms. I told him I wasn't interested in contact but wanted to pay for the entertainment.
He told me it was just fine if I sat there all night and didn't take anyone to the back room.

So I sat there for the next hour drinking fine whiskey, smoking a cuban cigar and watching some of the finest pussy I have ever seen.

I've not been to Toronto but am given to understand it is a destination not to be missed.

The Poz
11-15-2010, 11:16 AM
I've not been to Toronto but am given to understand it is a destination not to be missed.

Toronto is a lot of fun and there is a ton to do. It's bigger than Montreal (more clubs/restaurants/etc) minus the nudie bars although there still are some keepers here.
Also, if you visit Toronto you're no more than an hour and a half drive to Niagara Falls or even an hour or so drive up North to do some great fishing and cottaging/camping. That's why I love living here, everything is at my finger tips.