PDA

View Full Version : Life Er doc

MOhillbilly
11-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Said i was a tough SOB. Right before they sent me to emergency surgery. if i could have talked or done anything but drool at that point i would of asked for info i didnt know:)

Started out with the flu,strep, on wednesday went to the ER sat. evening. Had a CT done North sent me straight to South by ambulance.

spent acouple hours gettin cut on. peri-tonsillar abcess that they are treating like mrsa not sure if it is or isnt. still waiting for labs/cultures ect.:spock:

beat. at work. aint out of the woods yet.

Best parts took 100mg fentanyl, 60mg morophine, 20mg dilaudid, and it still hurt like hell. Anesthesiologist walks in goes to work all of a sudden i dont recall haveing a face and somewhere off in the distance i can hear a train whistle.

2nd best part- when they were bringing me out i was fighting them. They were yelling my name and im trying to get up off the op. table cause im thinking im frankenstein and they are gonna put bolts in my neck. gotta nice big bruise on my arm from that one.

Reaper16
11-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Peri-tonsillar abcess? God, that sounds frightening.

Sofa King
11-15-2010, 07:16 AM
http://www.carolinapoliticsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mr_mackey.jpg

Hog Farmer
11-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Are you contagious ?

Get well soon brother !

FAX
11-15-2010, 07:21 AM
If there's one thing I hate it's that "The bastards are putting bolts in my neck!" feeling.

FAX

MOhillbilly
11-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Peri-tonsillar abcess? God, that sounds frightening.

wasnt any big deal. it was late and i tried to get the fam. to go home. pretty routine except for the suspected mrsa.

MOhillbilly
11-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Are you contagious ?

Get well soon brother !

they wouldnt let me leave the hosp until my fever broke. 4 friggin days of that shit. up down up down.:grr:

MOhillbilly
11-15-2010, 07:29 AM
If there's one thing I hate it's that "The bastards are putting bolts in my neck!" feeling.

FAX

i know right! Bastards!

seclark
11-15-2010, 07:37 AM
only thing worse than being sick, is being sick over the weekend.
hope you're feeling better, mo. sounds like quite a ride.
sec

Radar Chief
11-15-2010, 07:51 AM

FAX

No shit. Cause you know no matter what they say as soon as you let your guard down they’re reaching for the impact wrench.
Hope you’re feeling better MO, sounds like that thoroughly sucked.

Dallas Chief
11-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Get well soon Mo! Don't forget to floss!!!

Frankie
11-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Said i was a tough SOB. Right before they sent me to emergency surgery. if i could have talked or done anything but drool at that point i would of asked for info i didnt know:)

Started out with the flu,strep, on wednesday went to the ER sat. evening. Had a CT done North sent me straight to South by ambulance.

spent acouple hours gettin cut on. peri-tonsillar abcess that they are treating like mrsa not sure if it is or isnt. still waiting for labs/cultures ect.:spock:

beat. at work. aint out of the woods yet.

Best parts took 100mg fentanyl, 60mg morophine, 20mg dilaudid, and it still hurt like hell. Anesthesiologist walks in goes to work all of a sudden i dont recall haveing a face and somewhere off in the distance i can hear a train whistle.

2nd best part- when they were bringing me out i was fighting them. They were yelling my name and im trying to get up off the op. table cause im thinking im frankenstein and they are gonna put bolts in my neck. gotta nice big bruise on my arm from that one.
:D Get well man.

Simply Red
11-15-2010, 08:54 AM
get better

burt
11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Sorry, Mo. That actually made me LOL! Only you, man. Only you.

ClevelandBronco
11-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Shit, MO, did you miss the game? Do you want to hear all about it? :D

Radar Chief
11-15-2010, 09:45 AM

I think the point here is to get better. ;)

ChiefsOne
11-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Good luck MO, MRSA is not fun. Had it last year along with a couple of face abcesses.

MOhillbilly
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM

nope watched the game.

Ebolapox
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
they let you out of the hospital with MRSA? srsly? that's some serious shit.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Mrsa is no joke. My brother had to get the infection drained in his elbow and it was awful. My other brother got it from getting cleated in a cut on his leg. They said that the bacteria from the fertilizer on the field contributed.

Honestly, I don't think anyone questioned on here how much of a tough SOB you are.

Get better.

MOhillbilly
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
they are treating it like mrsa because i almost lost a hand in 93' and the infection this time was pretty critical. looked at all the shit they cut out today. they go from where my tongue attaches at the back of my mouth in a half cicrle up to my sinus(both sides) part of my mouth where the jaw hinges and part of my tongue on one side. Hurts to talk, antibiotics ive been takin seem to be doing the trick no redness or swelling.
Been taking it easy on the pain pills cause i dont wanna run out.
Been in contact with the nurse both days. Sucks this happened at the end of the year when ive burned up all my days. Oh well.
Just want it to be finished. Sick of this fucking year.
Thanks for the well wishes bros.