PDA

View Full Version : Football After 10 weeks, we should all be ashamed...

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Oakland is the #1 team in the division. Granted, that's not saying much, but after 10 weeks...

Oakland is 5-4 / 3-0 in the AFCW (beat KC, SD, DEN)

All of the AFCW teams suck on the road this year, no team has more than 1 road win... that will ring well for the team that represents the division in the playoffs.

Chiefs are 5-4 / 1-2 in the AFCW (lost to OAK and DEN)

Chargers are 4-5 / 0-2 in the AFCW (lost to KC and OAK)

Broncos are 3-6 / 1-1 in the AFCW (lost to OAK and beat KC)

Sure, with 6 weeks left and the gap from worst to first being 2 games, anything can happen... but I'm sure as hell not ready to award this division to any team. It won't be Denver... that much I do know.

There are a lot of divisional games left with that slim margin... we'll see what shakes out for the Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Week 11:

Cardinals @ Chiefs
Raiders @ Steelers
Broncos @ Chargers

I could see KC and SD winning their games...

ChiefsNow
11-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Week 11:

Cardinals @ Chiefs
Raiders @ Steelers
Broncos @ Chargers

I could actually see the raiders beating the steelers. The steelers lost this week.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I could actually see the raiders beating the steelers. The steelers lost this week.

Every week, something silly happens... I'm sure 48 hours ago people were saying, "Phhht, the Patriots were smoked by the freaking Browns, no way do they go into PIT and win by double digits."

You just can't view a result one week and say what is going to happen.

suds79
11-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Man if San Diego ends up winning this division, I will forever use that as my example that building a football team simply boils down to if you have a QB or not.

Everybody else is just filler.

Bane
11-15-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm definitely ashamed.:facepalm:

Fritz88
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Donks win a slim one at SD.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Donks win a slim one at SD.
Posted via Mobile Device

Enh, just not seeing that one...

Kerberos
11-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Enh, just not seeing that one...

Granted that the game was pretty much over by halftime. BUT if Casshole can put up 469 yards passing and 4 TD's then Rivers by all accounts should have a record setting day.

I'm just say'n.

And the Chiefs better find out where the _efense left it's mojo.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Granted that the game was pretty much over by halftime. BUT if Casshole can put up 469 yards passing and 4 TD's then Rivers by all accounts should have a record setting day.

I'm just say'n.

And the Chiefs better find out where the _efense left it's mojo.

Depends on how it starts @ SD ... I don't know what Cassel's stats were by quarter, but I'm guessing a lot of that was during the 2nd half/prevent defense mode.

The good thing - I think Denver's offense (passing) can do good things in SD, question is - can they hold back the young RBs and somehow limit Rivers' success, he's proving to be a real badass with any lineup.

KCChiefsFan88
11-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Raiders schedule is much more difficult than the Chiefs' schedule down the stretch:

@ Pittsburgh, Miami, @ San Diego, @ Jacksonville, Denver, Indy, @ KC.

Compare that to the Chiefs remaining schedule:

Arizona, @ Seattle, Denver, @ San Diego, @ St. Louis, Tennessee, Oakland.

Extra Point
11-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Just hoping Big Ben opens a can of Whoopass.

We have to win against the other teams in the AFCW if we have a whiff of a chance in getting to the playoffs. I just don't see it happening.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Raiders schedule is much more difficult than the Chiefs' schedule down the stretch:

@ Pittsburgh, Miami, @ San Diego, @ Jacksonville, Denver, Indy, @ KC.

Compare that to the Chiefs remaining schedule:

Arizona, @ Seattle, Denver, @ San Diego, @ St. Louis, Tennessee, Oakland.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see OAK lose 4 of those games.

I could see KC losing 2-3.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-15-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm not ashamed. My team has exceeded expectations to this point, albeit barely. I think it's easy to get worked up over our 2-4 record since starting 3-0, but my expectations this year was .500 or bust. I have no reason to waver from that now. This team still has some work to do, and it's becoming apparent that we would've all been better off had McDaniels got the QB he really wanted in the first place.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm not ashamed. My team has exceeded expectations to this point, albeit barely. I think it's easy to get worked up over our 2-4 record since starting 3-0, but my expectations this year was .500 or bust. I have no reason to waver from that now. This team still has some work to do, and it's becoming apparent that we would've all been better off had McDaniels got the QB he really wanted in the first place.

I'm sure you know... my comments were simply because it's the Raiders.

I will say this - I'm shocked that Orton and Lloyd have been as consistently prolific as they have been this season. I will give McDaniels credit for that - it's safe to say that few expected Orton/Lloyd to be as prolific or more than Cutler/Marshall.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-15-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm sure you know... my comments were simply because it's the Raiders.

I will say this - I'm shocked that Orton and Lloyd have been as consistently prolific as they have been this season. I will give McDaniels credit for that - it's safe to say that few expected Orton/Lloyd to be as prolific or more than Cutler/Marshall.

Duh. I didn't, but I do now. Yes. Absolute shame. As far as Orton goes, it's a McDaniels thing. that's the one bit of credit I'll give that guy. He's great with QB's.

MGRS13
11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
This division race was over last week when we lost to the raiders. Oakland and KC just aren't there yet Denver was never in it. SD will win the division at 11-5 10-6 if they lose to Indy which they always play well. SD will lose in the first round of the playoffs. This season might as well have never been played in the afc west. Next year will probably be the same but 2012 is when it'll get mixed up around the west.

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Duh. I didn't, but I do now. Yes. Absolute shame. As far as Orton goes, it's a McDaniels thing. that's the one bit of credit I'll give that guy. He's great with QB's.

It would be interesting if Cassel would have been better under his tutelage...

TheGuardian
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
The Raiders aren't doing to do anything. Mark my post. That team is smoke and mirrors.

DaFace
11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
To be fair, it's your team's fault. If your guys hadn't kicked our guys' asses yesterday, this wouldn't have happened.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 09:41 AM
It would be interesting if Cassel would have been better under his tutelage...

I'm glad we don't get to see the "what if" on that one.

I've been happy with Orton and this year, he's been great with the long passes - very accurate most times and the WRs are making great catches in traffic.

LaChapelle
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
The Raiders should be ashamed they've been drafting top 10 for near a decade
and are just now seeing results

chiefqueen
11-15-2010, 11:40 AM
This division race was over last week when we lost to the raiders. Oakland and KC just aren't there yet Denver was never in it. SD will win the division at 11-5 10-6 if they lose to Indy which they always play well. SD will lose in the first round of the playoffs. This season might as well have never been played in the afc west. Next year will probably be the same but 2012 is when it'll get mixed up around the west.

Agreed, but it will be 2013 when we have a shot. Remember, there will probably be no NFL season next year. Which only makes the last 2 weeks all the more depressing.

BigCatDaddy
11-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Week 11:

And we get the kiss of death.

DaWolf
11-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Every week, something silly happens... I'm sure 48 hours ago people were saying, "Phhht, the Patriots were smoked by the freaking Browns, no way do they go into PIT and win by double digits."

Welcome to today's NFL. As exciting as it is, I will never be confident of a win again, no matter how good the team is...

ROYC75
11-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Week 11:

Cardinals @ Chiefs
Raiders @ Steelers
Broncos @ Chargers

I would rather see KC & Denver winning those games.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I would rather see KC & Denver winning those games.

Can the "there is no way Denver wins this week" stance work again?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-15-2010, 03:21 PM

There is no "best team in the NFL" let alone best team in the AFC West. It's week to week. It'll probably come down to the last week of the season.

Drwbllz
11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
There is no "best team in the NFL" let alone best team in the AFC West. It's week to week. It'll probably come down to the last week of the season.

^^^This.

I don't see the West being settled before the last week of the season.

I will say that IF (and this is a huge if) Oakland can go East and pull out a W in Pitt next week, I can see them going 5-2 over this back stretch. But I'm not delusional...I can easily see them going 2-5 and me being still being able to save myself from playing in traffic due to another 11-loss season.

Either way, I win. Hope for the best, expect the worst! :D

Ugly Duck
11-15-2010, 04:44 PM
The Raiders should be ashamed they've been drafting top 10 for near a decade and are just now seeing results

Most rival AFCW fans refuse to recognize your wisdom. They hang on to the bitter end to the idea that the 2010 Raiders are no different than they were the past 7 years. They just will not allow themselves to see that this year Oakland is:

#6 in total defense
#3 in sacks
#2 in pass defense
#2 rushing offense (28 yards less than KC on 11 fewer carries)
#6 scoring offense
& have the RB that gains more yds/g than any other back in the NFL

Thats why Oakland is on top of the AFCW

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1111/espn_i_raiderfan_sy_576.jpg