PDA

View Full Version : News Golfer Blinded by Shot Sues Pal for No "Fore!"

Pushead2
11-15-2010, 11:55 AM
wow....hahahah

Golfer Blinded by Shot Sues Pal for No "Fore!"
NY Doctor Says Golfing Partner Should Have Yelled "Fore!" as Warning Before Hitting Errant Shot; Lawsuit Dismissed

(AP) Two doctors are playing golf on New York's Long Island. One hits such a poor shot from the rough that it hits his partner, standing somewhere off to the side, in the head. Whose fault is that?

The state's top court will hear arguments Tuesday about whether Dr. Anoop Kapoor was negligent and should have yelled "Fore!" as a warning before the shot. A lower court judge dismissed Dr. Azad Anand's lawsuit, finding he took on the risk by golfing.

Anand was blinded in one eye.

A midlevel court agreed, concluding Anand was "not in the foreseeable danger zone" and his friend had no duty to yell the customary warning.

A dissenting justice said there's a factual question under existing case law about whether Kapoor violated the sport's rule and unreasonably increased his partner's risk.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/15/sportsline/main7056701.shtml

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Tough, but that's the risk you take when you step on the course.

Rain Man
11-15-2010, 11:58 AM
If the guy was a bad golfer, his half-blind buddy should've known to stay way out of the way.

If the guy was a good golfer and this was a fluke, then it was an accident and isn't lawsuit-worthy.

Jenson71
11-15-2010, 11:59 AM
If the guy was a bad golfer, his half-blind buddy should've known to stay way out of the way.

If the guy was a good golfer and this was a fluke, then it was an accident and isn't lawsuit-worthy.

What about an average golfer?

Jenson71
11-15-2010, 12:00 PM

You know, I read your private signature, and quite frankly, I don't know how I can ever look at you the same again.

Demonpenz
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Someone getting sued over something stupid? that's par for the course

Rain Man
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
What about an average golfer?

The average golfer is a bad golfer.

Rain Man
11-15-2010, 12:34 PM
You know, I read your private signature, and quite frankly, I don't know how I can ever look at you the same again.

I've occasionally wondered if anybody has ever read my private signature.