PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ATHAN - Donít Knock the QB Anymore

Count Zarth
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
How dare any of you question Matt Cassel!

http://kan.scout.com/2/1022012.html

<table><tbody><tr><td valign="top">Though heís taken a lot of heat this season, nobody can or should blame Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel for the teamís 49-29 loss at Denver. The fault lies elsewhere.
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
I hate to offend Chiefs fans, but Kansas City has a quarterback. Forget the rumblings that say Cassel canít lead the offense with his right arm. Despite the loss, Cassel finished the game 33 of 53 for 469 yards and three touchdowns.

Those numbers alone were more than enough to carry his team to a victory. However, the Achilles heel for Cassel was a horrific performance by his defensive mates. They were the reason the Chiefs fell behind 35-0 late in the first half, and that meant Cassel had to throw the ball far more times that he or the coaching staff planned.

True, the Chiefs were held to a season low 51 rushing yards, but it was enough to push the team over 500 yards on the afternoon. Ironically, it was the Broncosí offense that had a nice blend of pass and run, one that the Chiefs had hoped to achieve entering this game.

Now the Chiefs find themselves in a mess. They move to 5-4 on the season and fall into second place in the AFC West. Thanks to their loss a week ago at Oakland, the hated Raiders, who travel to Pittsburgh next weekend, own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Chiefs. Thus, for the first time this season the Chiefs are looking up instead of down in regards to the division pecking order.

Making matters worse, the Raiders are 3-0 in the AFC West and the Chiefs fall under the .500 mark with a 1-2 division record. That could prove costly for Kansas City down the road.

However, the regular season isnít over Ė not yet anyway. The Chiefs can still win the division because of a very light schedule ahead. But to do that, this team has to get back to the basics.

What they donít have to worry about, though, is their starting quarterback. Cassel continues to make good decisions with the ball and came within a yard of throwing five touchdowns on the day.

Heís finding a groove with Dwayne Bowe (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5024954), who caught 13 balls for 186 yards and two touchdowns. That gives the equally picked-on receiver nine on the season. And to think the Chiefs wanted to trade him in the offseason.

Right now Cassel is living up to the expectations that warranted his $63 million contract a year ago. On the season, heís thrown just four interceptions and has thrown 15 touchdowns in nine contests. In fact, thatís as many touchdowns as he had a year ago in fifteen games as the teamís starter.

On Sunday he put up great numbers despite the fact he was hobbling all game long with a sore ankle. Donít tell me heís not tough enough. <table align="right" cellspacing="7" width="220"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/87/875970.jpg
Matt Cassel can only glance at the scoreboard and wonder what might have been on Sunday at Denver.
Getty Images </td></tr></tbody></table>

The problem for this football team right now is that Cassel isnít the guy thatís supposed to be carrying this team. But for the moment, heís the best playmaker the Chiefs have on offense.

He took a beating on Sunday but never quit. And had it not been for the lousy performance of the defense, all weíd be talking about today is what a great quarterback Cassel has become.

The Chiefs are a team in the cusp of peril. Theyíre tumbling much like the Broncos did a year ago. They can turn things around, however, but unfortunately the path wonít be easy.

Opposing teams are starting to figure out that if you give Cassel enough time to throw the ball, he can pick a defense apart. And when his receivers actually hold onto the ball, the yards and touchdowns start adding up. Thatís why the Broncos blitzed on virtually every passing down.

This isnít going to make too many people happy, but Cassel is the least of this teamís problem. However, the better heís played and the more passes heís thrown the last two weeks have resulted in a pair of division losses. And therein lies the problem for the offense.

Cassel isnít known to be a guy that can make the kind of plays he made Sunday. Heís not supposed to convert a fourth and goal from the 11-yard line and send a picture perfect pass to his hot receiver, Chris Chambers (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5025420).

And one has to wonder, had the defense been able to stop the Broncos from scoring a pair of second half touchdowns, we might even be talking about a miraculous comeback. But that didnít happen and now the Chiefs have to regroup quickly.

In reality, the Chiefs stand 5-4 on the season and have all but erased their 3-0 start. Now weíre about to find out what theyíre made of in the final seven games of the season.

And the man who might change their fortunes is none other than the starting quarterback.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
LMAO This outta be a riot!

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
If only he could have thrown for some yards that mattered. Like before the Chiefs were down 35-0.

Paniero
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
If nothing else, this is a fun season.

KCUnited
11-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Cassel finishing that game is the equivalent of a dad catching his tween son smoking and making him finish the whole pack right in front of him.

Bane
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Greatest garbage time QB in NFL history.

suds79
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
The only thing we learned is that Matt Cassel is capable of moving the ball against prevent defense.

Fritz88
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't say this much but Athan is a fucking retard.

siberian khatru
11-15-2010, 12:40 PM
:facepalm:

Edit: Hell, I dunno why I posted that. This was so utterly predictable.

Craven
11-15-2010, 12:40 PM
matt got his points in garbage time but his td to int ratio is up there with league leaders and he had some nice passes...i believe the major blame goes to our defense or lack ther of. Dont get me wrong MC is far from a great QB but our D didnt force a punt in the first half period.

Art Vader
11-15-2010, 12:50 PM
he was hanging dudes out to dry, costing us field position by not throwing it away, and being incredibly indecisive. Blame it on somebody else if you want.. he did his fair share of sucking IMO

58kcfan89
11-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Christ, does anything really need to be said? **** it, I'll say it anyway.

First off, Cassel threw for 4 TDs, not 3. And the defense gave up 28 points in the first half, Cassel was directly responsible for the other 7 (which was at least a 10 point swing and up to 14...). He was leaving WRs/RBs out to dry on short passes over the middle & taking sacks when he should have thrown it away.

This team isn't built to come from behind and Cassels WRs aren't great, but Philip Rivers doesn't need great WRs to be a great QB. Peyton Manning has made stars out of street FAs before and while I blame a lot of this game on the defense, if Cassel can lead the offense into the end zone instead of going 3 & out for the entire first quarter, maybe the Chiefs get some momentum & this game ends differently.

I haven't been much of a Cassel hater until early this season, but holy crap, it's pretty clear that he's a big part of the problem. Maybe not the whole problem like some people want to think, but definitely a big part.

Bearcat
11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Stop watching football.

Just. Stop.

RustShack
11-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah matt taking sacks and killing drives in the first quarter along with that fumble didnt hurt us. He put up great stats when the game was already decided so he's good!

Pestilence
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Nick Athan.....go fucking kill yourself.

Sofa King
11-15-2010, 12:58 PM
So now cassel is the best playmaker we have on offense???

WTF???!?!?!?!

InChiefsHell
11-15-2010, 12:58 PM
The first two offensive series by the Chiefs are what screwed us. That's on Cassel as much as Weis or Haley. You MUST answer a score with a score, even if it's a friggin' field goal. The penalty on Charles was a killer too, but you have to be able to overcome that shit.

Now, everyone keeps saying that the yardage and touchdowns came against a prevent defense in garbage time, but does anyone really think that the Donkeys LET them score those TD's? No. I give Matt credit for the good stuff he did do yesterday, but he didn't do it early when we needed it. So, he bears a great deal of blame for this loss.

But, the defense was a fucking total embarrassment. That certainly had more to do than Cassel's play. I mean damn...28 points in the first friggin half...

Lonewolf Ed
11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
The only thing we learned is that Matt Cassel is capable of moving the ball against prevent defense.

I guess on the plus side, many doubted his ability to do even that much. :shrug:

CoMoChief
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Well, I was reading the article til he mentioned Cassel's stat line for the game, then I quit.

Obviously, the defense didn't show up to play, and Carr and our depleted secondary got anally raped by a god damn Clydesdale. So, obviously MC's stats are going to be skewed because we couldn't run the football worth a damn early on, and we were down by 5000 pts in the first qtr, leaving the offense no choice but to go to the passing game.

I mean shit, he threw the ball 53 times, which I would think that's the most he's ever thrown the ball in any game he's played in. If you have to throw the ball 53 times it means (A) You're down by a ton early in the game...(B) You're in a shootout with the other team where neither team's defenses decided to show up or (C) The game went deep into overtime. Our situation obviously was the first I mentioned.

NOT TO MENTION

Denver's secondary was playing very soft, not allowing the big play, and most of Cassel's passes were thrown to WR's running underneath coverage, with exception a a few of his passes.

Nick Athan can kiss my fucking ass. Sadly these media goons write stupid bullshit that sugar coats the living hell out of them so they can keep whatever press credentials they may have w/ the franchise.

FAX
11-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Anybody else hearing that twilight zone music?

FAX

Chiefnj2
11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Any time I want a QB and WR who can reduce the opposition's 4th quarter lead from 27 to 20 points, my money is on Cassel and Bowe.

the Talking Can
11-15-2010, 02:02 PM
why should i praise a QB for his role in scoring 0 points while the other team scored 35?

anyone?

Christofire
11-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Cassel was partially responsible for us falling behind by three TDs by missing key throws on our first two drives. Yeah, the defense got smoked. But franchise QBs keep their team in the game during the shootout, not after the shootout part is already over.

ChiTown
11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
How can ANYONE take this ass clown serious. What a 400 pound kiddie sodomizer.

nstygma
11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
taking a quick look(might have missed some), here are his quarterly stats
1--3 completions for 46 yard
2--9 for 123
3--7 for 123
4--14 for 180

athan's analysis: cassel is clearly the comeback king, playing his best when it counts in the 4th quarter

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=301114007

ChiTown
11-15-2010, 02:09 PM
athan's analysis: cassel is clearly the comeback king, playing his best when it counts in the 4th quarter

ROFL

Hog Farmer
11-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't say this much but Athan is a ****ing retard.

Repost !

the Talking Can
11-15-2010, 02:13 PM
"Back to Back Losses Prove Cassel Knows How To Win"

- Nick Athan

FAX
11-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Cassel put the team on his shoulders and took them to Mars.

Thank you, Cassel.

FAX

bevischief
11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
One good game in a losing effort...

chasedude
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Thank you, Cassel.

FAX

ROFL NASA's secret weapon!

Ralphy Boy
11-15-2010, 02:42 PM
If Cassel could have sustained some drives early, this game would have been a lot different. All QB's, including the great ones, go thru games where they are incapable of sustaining drives but with Cassel it happens regularly. He seems to be a better QB when the game is out of reach than he is early on.

Bewbies
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Matt Cassel's contract is worse than the one Washington just gave McNabb. And they just benched McNabb last week.

Nick Athan: "Signing Haynesworth to over $100,000,000 and McNabb to $78,000,000 the week after they benched him shows that Dan Snyder knows where to look for bargains on up and coming players!"

-Championship-
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know why Chief fans are so mad at Matt Cassel sucking. Seriously, what the fuck did you guys expect? A franchise Quarterback? ROFL

Everybody knew that Cassel was just a product of the Patriots system, like so many other players before him. He had a decent with the same group of receivers that set the NFL record for points scored the prior season.

Cassel is what he is. A below average Quarterback who is capable of putting up decent "paper stats" when he is babied like a bitch.

Blame your idiotic General Manager, Scott Pioli aka Peppermint Larry. He is the one still convinced that Cassel is the future.

-Championship-
11-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't know why Chief fans are so mad at Matt Cassel sucking. Seriously, what the **** did you guys expect? A franchise Quarterback? ROFL

Everybody knew that Cassel was just a product of the Patriots system, like so many other players before him. He had a decent season with the same group of receivers that set the NFL record for points scored the prior season.

Cassel is what he is. A below average Quarterback who is capable of putting up decent "paper stats" when he is babied like a bitch.

Blame your idiotic General Manager, Scott Pioli aka Peppermint Larry. He is the one still convinced that Cassel is the future.

Bearcat
11-15-2010, 03:05 PM
why should i praise a QB for his role in scoring -7 points while the other team scored 28?

anyone?

fyp

blaise
11-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Every defensive coordinator in the league that has the Chiefs as their next opponent thinks, "Oh, good, Matt Cassel."

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 03:07 PM
How quick will this hit 200 posts?

salame
11-15-2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.ideasden.com/upload/2010/09/cool-story-bro-jesus.jpg

Sully
11-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Anyone remember Mark Quinn of the Royals... King of the 1-run HR in the 9th (when down by 5).
Yeah.
Me too.

HemiEd
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
So Athan just reads the box score the next morning, and writes an article? No way even he could be this fucking stupid and pathetic.
Cassel alone, is the reason this offense didn't keep it close, when they had a chance. That fumble was pathetic, just the worst. I have gotten used to him missing wide open receivers, when the pressure is on.

The fact that he could hit some of them, when Denver went into the prevent, is just further evidence that he can not handle the pressure the an NFL QB must handle.

He stares down his receivers so much, this team is lucky that Bowe is still in one piece, when the game was already decided.

salame
11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
look guys Athan is a pro scout....................................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha hahahahahahah

Guru
11-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Holy shit Nick. It kills me that he actually believes this tripe.

Can he get any more dumb than he already is?

ChiTown
11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Holy shit Nick. It kills me that he actually believes this tripe.

Can he get any more dumb than he already is?

Sure, he could be "more dumb", but then he'd be a mongoloid.

DeezNutz
11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Forget the rumblings that say Cassel canít lead the offense with his right arm.

Whew. I was always more concerned with the "rumblings" (?) about this left arm, anyway.

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know why Chief fans are so mad at Matt Cassel sucking. Seriously, what the **** did you guys expect? A franchise Quarterback? ROFL

Everybody knew that Cassel was just a product of the Patriots system, like so many other players before him. He had a decent season with the same group of receivers that set the NFL record for points scored the prior season.

Blame your idiotic General Manager, Scott Pioli aka Peppermint Larry. He is the one still convinced that Cassel is the future.:spock: Gee, thanks for pointing this out. We would have never figured this.

Hey, while I'm at it, what's that bright yellow disc in the sky during the day?
It really hurts my eyes when I stare at it. Should I stop doing that?

gblowfish
11-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Geez, people actuallly PAY to read this stuff?
How did the Chiefs get down 28-0? Could it have something to do with our offense not producing on first quarter drives?
How come our record is now 5-4 after a 3-0 start?

Yardage stats mean nothing when you lose.
No interceptions, but a fumble that led to a 14-point swing and put the team down 35-0 in the second quarter -one of the worst first half deficits in Chiefs history.

Cassel constantly gets sacked because he holds the ball too long when going through progressions. Same problem he had at New England. He doesn't think fast on his feet, he fears the rush too much, totally incapable of improvising.

I wouldn't care if he threw seven picks in a single game if we manage to still win.

He is still king of the four yard pass on third and five.

CrazyHorse
11-15-2010, 04:36 PM
How did the Chiefs get down 28-0? Could it have something to do with our offense not producing on first quarter drives?

No interceptions, but a fumble that led to a 14-point swing and put the team down 35-0 in the second quarter -one of the worst first half deficits in Chiefs history.

Cassel constantly gets sacked because he holds the ball too long when going through progressions. Same problem he had at New England. He doesn't think fast on his feet, he fears the rush too much, totally incapable of improvising.

I wouldn't care if he threw seven picks in a single game if we manage to still win.

Everything in this post is incorrect.

TEX
11-15-2010, 04:39 PM

The defense has been slipping for weeks. Blame them for this one, NOT Cassel.

DaWolf
11-15-2010, 04:40 PM
If Cassel could have sustained some drives early, this game would have been a lot different. All QB's, including the great ones, go thru games where they are incapable of sustaining drives but with Cassel it happens regularly. He seems to be a better QB when the game is out of reach than he is early on.

I don't think that would have made much of a difference the way our D was playing. They could run and pass on us at will. Remember, one of our early drives had a nice third down conversion that was wiped out due to an illegal motion penalty that put us back into third and long. Stuff like that can't be on the QB. We can also argue that the game could have been much different if we were able to run early against one of the statistically worst run D's in the game and keep drives going. That to me would be the greater concern rather than expecting Cassel to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning...

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't think that would have made much of a difference the way our D was playing. They could run and pass on us at will. Remember, one of our early drives had a nice third down conversion that was wiped out due to an illegal motion penalty that put us back into third and long. Stuff like that can't be on the QB. We can also argue that the game could have been much different if we were able to run early against one of the statistically worst run D's in the game and keep drives going. That to me would be the greater concern rather than expecting Cassel to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning...Orton has 3000 yards without the benefit of a running game.
No excuse.

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
The defense has been slipping for weeks. Blame them for this one, NOT Cassel.No one is blaming Cassel. I'll ask you though. What was Cassel doing on every possession after every Denver score during the 1st half?

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Everything in this post is incorrect. I completely agree Blowfish.

DaWolf
11-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Orton has 3000 yards without the benefit of a running game.
No excuse.

Not sure what your point is here. Orton is also 3-6. I wasn't trying to argue that Cassel should be able to pass without a ground game. I was saying he's not what this team is built around, it is the ground game and defense. When those two things don't work, you can't really expect Cassel to become Peyton Manning and single handedly keep you in a ballgame just because that would be awesome...

tonyetony
11-15-2010, 05:47 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around after that abortion of a game and Cassel deserves some of it but certainly not all of it. We didn't force them to punt until 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter for gawds sake.

LaChapelle
11-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Cassel is better than most give him credit for
In fact if Herm had him
He'd be dry humping him on the sidelines

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-15-2010, 06:19 PM

:spock: How did they get down 28-0??? I'm going to keep posting this. Teams can still win after not scoring on thier first 4 drives, give me examples of teams coming back after their D gives up 28 points on the first 4 possessions of the game. It wasn't like the offense turned it over and gave them short fields on those drives. Denver went down the field like KC had 8 men out there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I made it about halfway through the first paragraph, then I realized who I was reading and immediately stopped to save brain cells.

notorious
11-15-2010, 08:36 PM

Thank you, Cassel.

FAX

Is it a bad thing that he was aiming for Venus?

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Not sure what your point is here. Orton is also 3-6. I wasn't trying to argue that Cassel should be able to pass without a ground game. I was saying he's not what this team is built around, it is the ground game and defense. When those two things don't work, you can't really expect Cassel to become Peyton Manning and single handedly keep you in a ballgame just because that would be awesome...My point was, since the running game wasnt there, Cassel needs to step up and push the ball down field.

Denver is 3-6 because they have issues as a whole. Apparently, so do we. Also, Denver's O is one dimensional(though you couldnt tell Sunday). But, Orton is good enough to make plays in the passing game. Even with a good running game, Cassel is inconsistent, at best.

easymobee
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow! Cassel is really turning into quite a weapon.

Phobia
11-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't even know what to say to this. When the Chiefs went down 35-0 and Cassel had been sacked more than he had completions I turned to my buddy and told him Cassel would throw for over 400 yards in the game. I'm not a football analyst or guru and I knew this. But people are impressed with Cassel after yesterday? Maybe if you're a fantasy football geek.

TEX
11-15-2010, 10:10 PM
No one is blaming Cassel. I'll ask you though. What was Cassel doing on every possession after every Denver score during the 1st half?

Plenty are blaming him. He wasn't doing that well on those drives, but the defense was doing far worse.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Is it a bad thing that he was aiming for Venus?

ROFL:clap:

Rausch
11-16-2010, 05:02 AM
I hate to offend Chiefs fans, but Kansas City has a quarterback.

Just when I don't think stupid can reinvent itself...

Rausch
11-16-2010, 05:04 AM

Of playoff destruction...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2010, 05:06 AM

Agreed!

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.55885132.jpg

*String indicates length of passes.

milkman
11-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Plenty are blaming him. He wasn't doing that well on those drives, but the defense was doing far worse.

No one is blaming Cassel for the defenses in ability to make any stops.

He is responsible, though, for the fact that two of the worst run defenses in the league have been able to contain our ground game in the last two weeks.

These two games are the blueprint to stopping the Chiefs offense.

Completely sell out to stop the run and make Cassel beat you.

And, on a sidenote, someone should tell that dumbass that wrote this crap article what a blitz is.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but to pile on:

And one has to wonder, had the defense been able to stop the Broncos from scoring a pair of second half touchdowns, we might even be talking about a miraculous comeback.

You don't have to wonder, Nick. The Chiefs were down 35-0 in the first half. KC didn't even score 35 points. So no, even if the defense had been able to stop the Broncos from scoring a pair of second half TDs, we wouldn't have been talking about a miraculous comeback. We would have been talking about a 6-point loss instead of a 20-point blowout. You still mark one in the L column.

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 07:47 AM
I don't think that would have made much of a difference the way our D was playing. They could run and pass on us at will. Remember, one of our early drives had a nice third down conversion that was wiped out due to an illegal motion penalty that put us back into third and long. Stuff like that can't be on the QB. We can also argue that the game could have been much different if we were able to run early against one of the statistically worst run D's in the game and keep drives going. That to me would be the greater concern rather than expecting Cassel to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning...

Stuff like that IS on the QB tho.

milkman
11-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Stuff like that IS on the QB tho.

No, it isn't.

It is on Charles to get set before the snap.

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 08:03 AM
No, it isn't.

It is on Charles to get set before the snap.

No, it's on Cassel to make sure he's set before snapping the ball. Cassel controls when the ball is snapped. Cassel can see that charles is not set (if he's paying attention). Even if Charles was slow getting there why would you snap the ball if you can see he's not set?

milkman
11-16-2010, 08:12 AM
No, it's on Cassel to make sure he's set before snapping the ball. Cassel controls when the ball is snapped. Cassel can see that charles is not set (if he's paying attention). Even if Charles was slow getting there why would you snap the ball if you can see he's not set?

Every team gets called for this type of penalty.

It is on the motion man to be aware of the snap count and to get set before the snap.

Rausch
11-16-2010, 08:33 AM

It is on the motion man to be aware of the snap count and to get set before the snap.

Clearly this is fucking why we lost the game...

Count Zarth
11-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Clearly this is fucking why we lost the game...

The other 10 players should attempt to be perfect on third down.

If one of them fucks up, Cassel goes an ENTIRE HALF without converting a third down.

Rausch
11-16-2010, 08:36 AM
The other 10 players should attempt to be perfect on third down.

If one of them ****s up, Cassel goes an ENTIRE HALF without converting a third down.

What the fuck do you want?

I told you he was dog$3it before we traded for him, after we traded for him, and he's walked the walk the rest of the way...

gblowfish
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM
"Right now Cassel is living up to the expectations that warranted his $63 million contract a year ago." - Baghdad Nick

Rausch
11-16-2010, 08:42 AM
"Right now Cassel is living up to the expectations that warranted his $63 million contract a year ago." - Baghdad Nick

ROFL

milkman
11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Clearly this is ****ing why we lost the game...

Who's arguing that it was the reason we lost?

Over react much?

Rausch
11-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Who's arguing that it was the reason we lost?

Over react much?

I'm trying to cut down...

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM

So, your position is that even if it's clear to Cassel that Charles will commit a penalty if he calls for the snap when he does he should go ahead and snap the ball anyway?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Fenris_the_Wolf/Ike/illogical.jpg

milkman
11-16-2010, 09:38 AM
So, your position is that even if it's clear to Cassel that Charles will commit a penalty if he calls for the snap when he does he should go ahead and snap the ball anyway?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Fenris_the_Wolf/Ike/illogical.jpg

My position is that you can't place the blame on the QB when the motion man should be aware of the snap count and should know when he has to be set.

He shouldn't have to be responsible for making sure that his guy is set, and it's why you see every team, even Peyton Manning's, get called for this penalty at times.

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 09:55 AM
My position is that you can't place the blame on the QB when the motion man should be aware of the snap count and should know when he has to be set.

He shouldn't have to be responsible for making sure that his guy is set, and it's why you see every team, even Peyton Manning's, get called for this penalty at times.

I couldn't disagree more. That to me is all about timing. It's entirely possible that Charles was late and screwed up the timing of the snap. But it's absolutely Cassel's responsibility to make sure the offense is set before he calls for the ball if the design of the play calls for the receiver to be set. I just can't see it any other way.

milkman
11-16-2010, 09:59 AM
I couldn't disagree more. That to me is all about timing. It's entirely possible that Charles was late and screwed up the timing of the snap. But it's absolutely Cassel's responsibility to make sure the offense is set before he calls for the ball if the design of the play calls for the receiver to be set. I just can't see it any other way.

So, the two times I've seen the same penalty called against the Colts this season, it's all on Peyton Manning, right?

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
So, the two times I've seen the same penalty called against the Colts this season, it's all on Peyton Manning, right?

Yes. IMO. If the circumstances were the same.

Hard to believe, but even Peyton Manning makes mistakes.

TinyEvel
11-16-2010, 10:33 AM
OMG this os completely laughable.

I really thought he was going to go with the "Haley's genius plan to "wear down the denver Offense" really paid off in the second half. WE WON THE SECOND HALF!!!

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Oh, and Athan is anf idiot

orange
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM

Instant Classic!!

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I couldn't disagree more. That to me is all about timing. It's entirely possible that Charles was late and screwed up the timing of the snap. But it's absolutely Cassel's responsibility to make sure the offense is set before he calls for the ball if the design of the play calls for the receiver to be set. I just can't see it any other way.So then the recievers or linemen move when they are supposed to and get called because we had to wait on the motion man to get set.

Charles fucked up on that play. It happens. Get over it.

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 12:04 PM
So then the recievers or linemen move when they are supposed to and get called because we had to wait on the motion man to get set.

Charles ****ed up on that play. It happens. Get over it.

Or not.

Nobody should move until the ball is snapped. The ball should not be snapped until everyone is set. It's really that simple.

BigRock
11-16-2010, 02:58 PM
I like the article summary that's now on the main WPI page.

We all best come to grips with the fact Cassel isn't the problem any longer.

WE ALL BEST COME TO GRIPS

Count Zarth
11-16-2010, 02:59 PM
WE ALL BEST COME TO GRIPS

http://www.crazy4me.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Aunt-Jemima-Pancakes-.jpg

JohnnyV13
11-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Or not.

Nobody should move until the ball is snapped. The ball should not be snapped until everyone is set. It's really that simple.

Hello, maybe the qb is looking at something else: like, gosh, maybe the defense? No reason a qb might want to look at the defense pre snap. He should be looking at his wr's to make sure they're set and don't have any drool on their chin.

Thig Lyfe
11-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Why is anybody pretending that Cassel's performance doesn't affect the defense? If Cassel can sustain a fucking drive in the first half, the defense doesn't have so many chances to fuck up. Yeah, the D was awful, but if Cassel doesn't shit himself on that fumble and lead at least one other scoring drive, it's 21-21 or 21-17 at the worst worst going into the second half, when Cassel clearly becomes Peyton Brady.

RustShack
11-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I like how we get these two articles, both after Cassel plays "well" against bad teams. Why not after the rest of the games this year? Or last year? Oh thats right, because he fucking sucks 9 out of ten times. A fucking blind squirrel will find a nut sometimes too.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Why is anybody pretending that Cassel's performance doesn't affect the defense? If Cassel can sustain a fucking drive in the first half, the defense doesn't have so many chances to fuck up. Yeah, the D was awful, but if Cassel doesn't shit himself on that fumble and lead at least one other scoring drive, it's 21-21 or 21-17 at the worst worst going into the second half, when Cassel clearly becomes Peyton Brady.:clap: Well stated.

Sometimes the best Defense is a good Offense.

Chiefless
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Hello, maybe the qb is looking at something else: like, gosh, maybe the defense? No reason a qb might want to look at the defense pre snap. He should be looking at his wr's to make sure they're set and don't have any drool on their chin.

So, he can't check both? Is he too stupid? He gets paid 63 million dollars because, presumably, he can handle that level of attention to detail...you know, be a solid game manager.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
http://www.crazy4me.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Aunt-Jemima-Pancakes-.jpg

ROFL fuck...

Marcellus
11-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Why is anybody pretending that Cassel's performance doesn't affect the defense? If Cassel can sustain a ****ing drive in the first half, the defense doesn't have so many chances to **** up. Yeah, the D was awful, but if Cassel doesn't shit himself on that fumble and lead at least one other scoring drive, it's 21-21 or 21-17 at the worst worst going into the second half, when Cassel clearly becomes Peyton Brady.

Yes Cassel is the reason we couldn't force a FG let alone a punt in 4 straight possessions.

It was also McNabb's fault last night.

Thig Lyfe
11-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes Cassel is the reason we couldn't force a FG let alone a punt in 4 straight possessions.

It was also McNabb's fault last night.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14449371/turtle.gif

You're missing the fucking point. Yes, the defense was as porous as Matt Cassel's brain in the first half. But if Cassel could move the ball, use some clock and, most importantly SCORE SOME FUCKING POINTS, the Broncos have fewer possessions, the defense has more time to regroup, and the game is at least close, even if the Broncos are scoring at will.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/d8net.jpg

This kind of bullshit places way too much goddamn pressure on a defense. I'm not saying that the D doesn't take the blame for their own performance. But to say Cassel and the offense he's dragging down don't have a significant impact on the tone and tempo of the game -- and, as a result, how the defense plays -- is ridiculous.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Why is anybody pretending that Cassel's performance doesn't affect the defense? If Cassel can sustain a fucking drive in the first half, the defense doesn't have so many chances to fuck up. Yeah, the D was awful, but if Cassel doesn't shit himself on that fumble and lead at least one other scoring drive, it's 21-21 or 21-17 at the worst worst going into the second half, when Cassel clearly becomes Peyton Brady.

Please, it wasn't like the Chiefs were forcing punts in between. I could get behind this if they did. Denver scored every damn time they touched the ball.

Count Zarth
11-16-2010, 08:52 PM
*sigh*

http://i55.tinypic.com/s3znfa.jpg

Chiefnj2
11-16-2010, 09:05 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14449371/turtle.gif

You're missing the ****ing point. Yes, the defense was as porous as Matt Cassel's brain in the first half. But if Cassel could move the ball, use some clock and, most importantly SCORE SOME ****ING POINTS, the Broncos have fewer possessions, the defense has more time to regroup, and the game is at least close, even if the Broncos are scoring at will.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/d8net.jpg

This kind of bullshit places way too much goddamn pressure on a defense. I'm not saying that the D doesn't take the blame for their own performance. But to say Cassel and the offense he's dragging down don't have a significant impact on the tone and tempo of the game -- and, as a result, how the defense plays -- is ridiculous.

The running game let Cassel down in the first quarter.

First three drives:
1. Charles for 2 yards (2nd and 8). Followed by a Cassel 1st down conversion.
2. Charles for 1 yard (2nd and 9).
3. Jones for 2 yards (3rd and 7). Followed by a Cassel 1st down pass, called back because of Charles.
4. Charles for 3 yards (2nd and 7).
5. Charles for 3 yards (3rd and 4).

5 rushes for 11 yards.

Cassel first three drives

1. Complete for 12 yards.
2. Complete for 18 yards - called back illegal motion on Charles (no play).
3. Incomplete pass on 3rd and 12.
4. Incomplete pass on 3rd and 4.
5. Sack
6. No play - Pass Interference.
7. Complete for 18 yards.
8. Complete for 16 yards.
9. Complete for 7 yards.
10 Complete for no gain.
11. sack.

Cassel: 2 sacks (he should have thrown the ball away), 5 of 7 for 53 yards.

The sacks sucked, but Cassel going 5 of 7 for 53 yards is better than the rushing game that was averaging 2.2 yards per carry.

Count Zarth
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
The running game let Cassel down in the first quarter.

ROFL

HE'S THE REASON THE RUNNING GAME BLOWS!

No team in the NFL fears Cassel so they load that box up like a two dollar whore.

Chiefnj2
11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
ROFL

No team in the NFL fears Cassel so they load that box up like a two dollar whore.

Matt Cassell is Matt Cassel. He's not a good QB. The Chiefs rely on their running game. The running game couldn't get going. They put Cassel in bad situations by not gaining any yardage.

Chiefless
11-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Matt Cassell is Matt Cassel. He's not a good QB. The Chiefs rely on their running game. The running game couldn't get going. They put Cassel in bad situations by not gaining any yardage.

but...

ROFL

...this.

The Chiefs running game will continue to sputter until Matt Dilfer starts to hurt Defenses down the field. And I believe it will take a few games worth of success before Defenses concede to him. They need to take to the air soon AND be good with it.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2010, 07:57 AM
but...

...this.

The Chiefs running game will continue to sputter until Matt Dilfer starts to hurt Defenses down the field. And I believe it will take a few games worth of success before Defenses concede to him. They need to take to the air soon AND be good with it.

KC doesn't have the QB or receivers to hurt teams down the field. They have nobody to stretch the field.

Chiefless
11-17-2010, 08:12 AM
KC doesn't have the QB or receivers to hurt teams down the field. They have nobody to stretch the field.

Yes, I know. Which is why the days of running for 6.5 YPC is likely over. They need to get the safeties out of the box. That means consistently beating one-on-one coverage at least ten yards down the field. Cassel has shown little ability to read a defense prior to the snap, find the favorable matchup and then hit that receiver while he's open.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Matt Cassell is Matt Cassel. He's not a good QB. The Chiefs rely on their running game. The running game couldn't get going. They put Cassel in bad situations by not gaining any yardage.:facepalm::banghead:

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2010, 08:20 AM
If Cassel wants to prove to remain the starting QB for the future, they need to start going with 4 WR sets. Make him push the ball downfield.

Now, I have 0 confidence he can do this, but they have to try. Matt needs to be exposed.

WebGem
11-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Is Athan joking? ROFL

Chiefless
11-17-2010, 09:24 AM
If Cassel wants to prove to remain the starting QB for the future, they need to start going with 4 WR sets. Make him push the ball downfield.

Now, I have 0 confidence he can do this, but they have to try. Matt needs to be exposed.

this.