PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bold prediction/jinx thread

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 08:06 AM
I am going to predict that THIS is the week that Cassel turns his haters into fans...

He is going to will the Chiefs to victory and do some things no one thought he was capable of doing.

This is going to be Cassel's week.

I look forward to the post game bumping :)

(Just remember, he had Patriots nation wishing he was dead when he took over for Brady...and slowly they started to doubt him less...and in the end they all turned into HUGE fans)

Shogun
11-25-2010, 08:13 AM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo127/DParker75089/mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 08:19 AM
you know what's funny...if you go crunch the numbers...

Cassel and Brady are having nearly identical seasons...

Amazing what that Patriots way can do for a QB...

ONCE AGAIN

TOM
BRADY

always has been overrated

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2010, 09:50 AM

ONCE AGAIN

TOM
BRADY

Expect for one big difference, Hootie. Brady actually beats playoff teams in the regular season. Cassel was 2-4 is year starting with the Patriots. Him not beating any of the playoff teams was the reason why New England didn't even make the playoffs. Brady's all time winning percentage against playoff is something around 65%. I fully expect the Chiefs to beat Seattle this week. We are the better team but I wouldn't go say its Cassel's breakout week. I think its Dec 12 at San Diego. Go win on the road for the divison title at stake. That is the game that will truly tell if he is the man or not.

SNR
11-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Expect for one big difference, Hootie. Brady actually beats playoff teams in the regular season. Cassel was 2-4 is year starting with the Patriots. Him not beating any of the playoff teams was the reason why New England didn't even make the playoffs. Brady's all time winning percentage against playoff is something around 65%. I fully expect the Chiefs to beat Seattle this week. We are the better team but I wouldn't go say its Cassel's breakout week. I think its Dec 12 at San Diego. Go win on the road for the divison title at stake. That is the game that will truly tell if he is the man or not.And that win in San Diego is simply not going to happen. I put the percentage of us winning that game at less than 10%.

Rausch
11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I am going to predict that THIS is the week that Cassel turns his haters into fans...

Someone should lock you in a cellar...

Baconeater
11-25-2010, 10:03 AM

Actually, it's amazing how little stats really mean.

Rausch
11-25-2010, 10:03 AM
And that win in San Diego is simply not going to happen. I put the percentage of us winning that game at less than 10%.

I could totally see us winning that and then busting the following week vs. the fucking overachieving Lambs...

The Bad Guy
11-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Shy of Matt Cassel getting a Lombardi trophy, there is nothing, absolutely nothing that is going to change the people that hate him.

Rausch
11-25-2010, 10:06 AM

ONCE AGAIN

TOM
BRADY

I nominate this for the dumbest ****ing post in 10 years.

10 YEARS!

SOMEONE STOP HIM!

Bwana
11-25-2010, 10:10 AM

ONCE AGAIN

TOM
BRADY

:spock:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QTES_s_y2hJHLM:http://www.bucksright.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/baghdad-bob.jpg&t=1

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 10:14 AM

ONCE AGAIN

TOM
BRADY

Tom brady and the pats just kicked the shit out of your hero, who was so clutch at the end, he threw a duck up with a minute left in field goal range with timeouts left.

Overrated.

JASONSAUTO
11-25-2010, 10:21 AM
, there is nothing, absolutely nothing that is going to change the people that hate him.

FYP.

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Shy of Matt Cassel getting a Lombardi trophy, there is nothing, absolutely nothing that is going to change the people that hate him.

If he wins us a Super Bowl I'll love him forever.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Peyton Manning is having another MVP season despite the fact he's throwing to Blair White and has no healthy running backs...

but yeah...Peyton was only better because Tom had no weapons!!!

CaliforniaChief
11-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Cassel is definitely improving in many areas. I'm hopeful. I believe Sunday is a make or break game for the Chiefs.

Rausch
11-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Peyton Manning is having another MVP season despite the fact he's throwing to Blair White and has no healthy running backs...

Despite the fact I need a barf bucket to finish this post I see no QB who should take MVP over Rivers.

Even though he's a crybaby sandy-vag...

Rausch
11-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I believe Sunday is a make or break game for the Chiefs.

This much is true.

We not only must win all the "MUST WIN" games but we need 2 of the 3 remaining division games...

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Despite the fact I need a barf bucket to finish this post I see no QB who should take MVP over Rivers.

Even though he's a crybaby sandy-vag...

Rivers has been great...but you must not watch any Colts games...which is cool, I don't blame you for being just a casual Chiefs fan...

It's a shame you casual NFL fans are missing out on a once in a generation player in Peyton Manning.

He could take Dane and Hamas and make them pro bowl caliber receivers...

Back to why Eddie Kennison would have been Marvin Harrison had he been drafted by the Colts instead of the Rams...oh wait I forgot that was such a dumb comparison Peyton was only good because of all those great weapons!!!!!!!! He's lucky! He went from Harrison to Blair White! How does Polian keep finding these gems to make Manning look so good?!?!?!?

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:40 AM
this week isn't make or break for the Chiefs...we need to win either @Seattle or @St. Louis and take care of business at home and we will win the West.

CaliforniaChief
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
this week isn't make or break for the Chiefs...we need to win either @Seattle or @St. Louis and take care of business at home and we will win the West.

I think Sunday provides a golden opportunity to separate from the division. We missed a similar opportunity at Oakland. I think there's a reasonable chance that both SD and Oakland lose. And SD's getting it going now. So we can win and possibly get 2 games between us and the others.

To me, you must take advantage of opportunities like this to win the division.

Baconeater
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Rivers has been great...but you must not watch any Colts games...which is cool, I don't blame you for being just a casual Chiefs fan...

It's a shame you casual NFL fans are missing out on a once in a generation player in Peyton Manning.

Back to why Eddie Kennison would have been Marvin Harrison had he been drafted by the Colts instead of the Rams...oh wait I forgot that was such a dumb comparison Peyton was only good because of all those great weapons!!!!!!!! He's lucky! He went from Harrison to Blair White! How does Polian keep finding these gems to make Manning look so good?!?!?!?
As far as that goes I'm on board with you, I'd take Manning over Brady any freaking day. IMO it's not even debatable.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I think Sunday provides a golden opportunity to separate from the division. We missed a similar opportunity at Oakland. I think there's a reasonable chance that both SD and Oakland lose. And SD's getting it going now. So we can win and possibly get 2 games between us and the others.

To me, you must take advantage of opportunities like this to win the division.

I don't disagree...winning would be HUGE...but it isn't make or break...worst case scenario we lose, SD or OAK or both win, we're back in a 1st place tie and we play both teams again...

So...

not make or break by any stretch of the imagination

milkman
11-25-2010, 10:47 AM

The rules have become so passing friendly that even mediocre QBs can pass for 3500 yards.

And even the late game comebacks are something of an illusion, because of the widespread use of prevent defenses.

Paul Brown created the prevent as a means of forcing teams to use clock in games in which his team had taken substantial lead going into the fourth qrtr.

Now teams use it with minimal leads in crucial situations, and it's clear that it's bad strategy, given how often teams are able ot drive down the field and score.

The rule that allow spiking the ball to stop the clock plays into that as well.

QBs in this day and age are overrated as a result.

That includes both Brady and Manning.

Psyko Tek
11-25-2010, 10:48 AM
As far as that goes I'm on board with you, I'd take Manning over Brady any freaking day. IMO it's not even debatable.

really?
Manning has stats
Brady has rings

and knocked up 2 smokin' hot chicks

Brady wins

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:50 AM
really?
Manning has stats
Brady has rings

and knocked up 2 smokin' hot chicks

Brady wins

Brady has rings because he was a product of the VERY SYSTEM we're witnessing here in KC now...

The system works...Brady was a part of that system.

Peyton Manning...HE IS THE DAMN SYSTEM.

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Who does brady have outside of welker and deion?

milkman
11-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Over the years, I htink that Brady has bought into his own hype, and the result is that he has gone from taking what the defense has given him to trying to take more, and hasn't been as clutch in crucial late situations in the playoffs as he was earlier in his career.

Manning throughout his early career was a marginal clutch performer in the playoffs, but has had more success recently, last year's SB notwithstanding.

At the end of the day, I'd rather have Phillip Rivers or Aaron Rogers aat this point in time because they have yet to really define their careers and still have the chance to build a legacy.

But if a had a chance to have any QB in their prime, it would still be Joe Montana, followed closely by Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw, both of whom are far underrated for their accomplishments when things were on the line.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-25-2010, 10:58 AM

Nah, it would go something like this :thumb:...Worst Super Bowl winner of all time, I'm embarrased to be a Chiefs fan. They'll never repeat with him, so why should I enjoy this now.

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Peyton slanting.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Peyton slanting.

shouldn't you and mecca be searching craigslist for girlfriends and jobs? I know what you're thankful for!!! You're thankful mom and dad let their 20 year old degenerate son live at home (for free) with no job and no aspirations! You're thankful they feed you and you're thankful for that brand new pair of Call of Duty PJ's they bought you for your bday!

It's nice to give thanks!

CaliforniaChief
11-25-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't disagree...winning would be HUGE...but it isn't make or break...worst case scenario we lose, SD or OAK or both win, we're back in a 1st place tie and we play both teams again...

So...

not make or break by any stretch of the imagination

You are right that it is not technically make or break. But it feels about as close to one as I can remember. I really don't want to come out of this week tied with 2 teams or one for that matter. I don't want to see us in a position where we have to win in San Diego to win the division.

Think about this. If we get a best-case scenario this week (we win, Oak and SD lose), we head home with the chance to protect a 2 game lead with 5 games left. I don't think it will be easy but do think we should beat Denver at home. Then, no matter what happens with Oak or SD, we would go to SD with a 2 game lead and 4 games left. At that point, if we do beat SD, we would be up 3 with 3 games left...and SD would be eliminated due to H2H tiebreaker.

Even if we were then to lose that game, we'd still be 1 game ahead with 3 games left...2 of which are at Arrowhead.

But if we lose Sunday...it's a dead heat and SD has a favorable schedule and us coming to their place.

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 11:02 AM
shouldn't you and mecca be searching craigslist for girlfriends and jobs? I know what you're thankful for!!! You're thankful mom and dad let their 20 year old degenerate son live at home (for free) with no job and no aspirations! You're thankful they feed you and you're thankful for that brand new pair of Call of Duty PJ's they bought you for your bday!

It's nice to give thanks!

Welp, thats awfully hypocritical, but at least you got finally came up with some new material. Pretty clever, meat dragon.

Chris Meck
11-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Anyone who says Tom Brady is overrated is insane.

Peyton Manning is also-NOT overrated. These are two of the best to ever play the game, and if you can't see that you don't know football.

Cassel is nowhere near their stature, and to be fair, hardly anyone is. Even if we were to win a 'bowl, I doubt that Cassel would measure up because he's just not one of THOSE guys. But THOSE guys come along once or twice in a generation. It's just the way it is.

I've not been a Cassel fan. I think he has serious accuracy issues, I think in general he has problems reading the defense, holds the ball too long too often, and while he generally takes care of the ball, misses open receivers.

Last week was the first time I saw him repeatedly find the open man and hit him in stride. If he can continue that, he could be a GOOD quarterback. I don't think he's got what it takes to be GREAT. But good is good enough, you know?

Dave Lane
11-25-2010, 11:04 AM

That might not even do the trick if he had a low thrown ball in the mix or under threw a 60 yard pass.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 11:05 AM
what's hypocritical about it? I have two jobs and pay all of my bills on time, don't live at home, and am debt free...and I did that same stuff at YOUR age, too. Mecca is like 30 and has never had a job and has never not lived at home...

Yet he talks about having sex with married chicks and shit all the time...

I'd bet he's never had sex...with anyone...maybe a pet.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Brady is overrated...Brady is also a great player. He's overrated because people think he's the greatest...

You know...I think Favre had an amazing 3 year stretch once upon a time...but everyone KNOWS he's a bit overrated...but I thought it was a damn joke Brady was slotted above him in the top 100...

Dave Lane
11-25-2010, 11:06 AM
If he plays like he played last week repeatedly with consistency that would make him a great QB. Still not Brady or Manning material but an A QB just not a A+ one.

Anyone who says Tom Brady is overrated is insane.

Peyton Manning is also-NOT overrated. These are two of the best to ever play the game, and if you can't see that you don't know football.

Cassel is nowhere near their stature, and to be fair, hardly anyone is. Even if we were to win a 'bowl, I doubt that Cassel would measure up because he's just not one of THOSE guys. But THOSE guys come along once or twice in a generation. It's just the way it is.

I've not been a Cassel fan. I think he has serious accuracy issues, I think in general he has problems reading the defense, holds the ball too long too often, and while he generally takes care of the ball, misses open receivers.

Last week was the first time I saw him repeatedly find the open man and hit him in stride. If he can continue that, he could be a GOOD quarterback. I don't think he's got what it takes to be GREAT. But good is good enough, you know?

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 11:07 AM
what's hypocritical about it? I have two jobs and pay all of my bills on time, don't live at home, and am debt free...and I did that same stuff at YOUR age, too. Mecca is like 30 and has never had a job and has never not lived at home...

Yet he talks about having sex with married chicks and shit all the time...

I'd bet he's never had sex...with anyone...maybe a pet.

This is me, giving you a hand.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 11:08 AM
This is me, giving you a hand.

This is me, linking you to the Craigslist job ads:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/jobs.cgi?&category=jjj/

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 11:10 AM
This is me, linking you to the Craigslist job ads:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/jobs.cgi?&category=jjj/

You work at applebees. Consider me dazzled.

The Bad Guy
11-25-2010, 11:16 AM
If he wins us a Super Bowl I'll love him forever.

And you just proved my point. IF he doesn't, then he sucks and is an epic failure.

The groundwork has already been set.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 11:17 AM
You work at applebees. Consider me dazzled.

well...if that's the case consider me befuddled for you not wanting to have such an easy job to acquire...instead of mooching off mom and dad for movie money.

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 11:20 AM
well...if that's the case consider me befuddled for you not wanting to have such an easy job to acquire...instead of mooching off mom and dad for movie money.

Lmaoi have a shit job too, but you calling ANYBODY out for having no job/aspirations/goals is FUCKING FUNNY.

By the way, ill have another coke.

milkman
11-25-2010, 11:21 AM
And you just proved my point. IF he doesn't, then he sucks and is an epic failure.

I'm pretty sure there's a bit of sarcasm in his post.

If Cassel can consistently play as well as he did last week, but come out and play that well to start games, and also throw in a couple of late game drives, then he will win some respect.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Lmaoi have a shit job too, but you calling ANYBODY out for having no job/aspirations/goals is ****ING FUNNY.

By the way, ill have another coke.

sorry my man but your ID doesn't match up with your mom's credit card

DBOSHO
11-25-2010, 11:26 AM
sorry my man but your ID doesn't match up with your mom's credit card

How much money did you recieve for Big Fan?

the Talking Can
11-25-2010, 11:30 AM

ONCE AGAIN

TOM
BRADY

when it comes to QBs, chiefs fans, and stupidity, this board never disappoints....

doomy3
11-25-2010, 11:37 AM
when it comes to QBs, chiefs fans, and stupidity, this board never disappoints....

I agree.

Jimmy Clausen in the first round.

Don't want Matt Ryan.

Don't want Sam Bradford.

Don't want Josh Freeman.

Pretty much, no one on here has any business talking about QBs.

the Talking Can
11-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I agree.

Jimmy Clausen in the first round. - Hootie

Don't want Matt Ryan.

Don't want Sam Bradford.

Don't want Josh Freeman.

and you left out stafford who this board argued wasn't good enough to play in the nfl...and all the non-franchise QBs like Aikmen, Rothlessraper, and Rivers..

oh, and Thigpen, who is going to be a bad ass and stats similiar to Rothlesswhetever for a few game once...

but nothing beats Hootie...

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon View Post

ONCE AGAIN

TOM
BRADY

this is retarded....and if you don't think so, then you are retarded

doomy3
11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
and you left out stafford who this board argued wasn't good enough to play in the nfl...and all the non-franchise QBs like Aikmen, Rothlessraper, and Rivers..

oh, and Thigpen, who is going to be a bad ass and stats similiar to Rothlesswhetever for a few game once...

but nothing beats Hootie...

this is retarded....and if you don't think so, then you are retarded

I don't remember seeing that at all. He was generally regarded by most here as the only true francise QB out of that class. And he very well may be a franchise QB if he could stay healthy for 2 games in a row.

Rausch
11-25-2010, 12:05 PM
I agree.

Jimmy Clausen in the first round.

Don't want Matt Ryan.

Don't want Sam Bradford.

Don't want Josh Freeman.

Still do not want Freeman.

Did not want Clausen (high) in the 1st but screamed for him in the 2nd.

I also wanted Ron Dayne back in the day.

Crucify me...

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Win us some playoff games would earn respect from me.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
11-25-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't remember seeing that at all. He was generally regarded by most here as the only true francise QB out of that class. And he very well may be a franchise QB if he could stay healthy for 2 games in a row.

no, he wasn't

i had knock down drag out arguments with posters for awhile about stafford...

he was not generally regarded as a worth drafting

4th and Long
11-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Crucify me...
This is Thanksiving. Get back to me when Easter rolls around. I want to do it on the proper holiday. :p

Rausch
11-25-2010, 12:15 PM

Fucking blow me n00b.

4th and Long
11-25-2010, 12:16 PM
****ing blow me n00b.
Thread ooooooooverrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! LMAO

milkman
11-25-2010, 12:19 PM

no, he wasn't

i had knock down drag out arguments with posters for awhile about stafford...

he was not generally regarded as a worth drafting

The thing was, through most of the season, when most thought that Bradford was going to declare, the argument was that Sattfford wasn't the kind of QB that many wanted.

But when Sanchez declared and Bradford announced he was staying in school (and it became obvious that the Chiefs wouldn't have any shot of drafting Stafford), Stafford suddenly became a franchise QB to almost everyone.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a bit of sarcasm in his post.

If Cassel can consistently play as well as he did last week, but come out and play that well to start games, and also throw in a couple of late game drives, then he will win some respect.

You know as well as I know, here on CP that would never be true... No matter what he does. He will never get respect in CP land no matter how many games, playoffs or superbowls he wins...

the Talking Can
11-25-2010, 12:27 PM
The thing was, through most of the season, when most thought that Bradford was going to declare, the argument was that Sattfford wasn't the kind of QB that many wanted.

But when Sanchez declared and Bradford announced he was staying in school (and it became obvious that the Chiefs wouldn't have any shot of drafting Stafford), Stafford suddenly became a franchise QB to almost everyone.

correct...generally people dogged qbs until we had no shot at them...then people who really didn't want to draft a qb (too risky for true fans) would pretend they wanted the guy we had no chance to get...

Rausch
11-25-2010, 12:30 PM
You know as well as I know, here on CP that would never be true... No matter what he does. He will never get respect in CP land no matter how many games, playoffs or superbowls he wins...

Respect is earned.

He's done nothing so far to earn it.

Green did. Hell, he put up 2 $3it-tastic seasons and still won over the fanbase at a grey-beard age...

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Brady is overrated...Brady is also a great player. He's overrated because people think he's the greatest...

You know...I think Favre had an amazing 3 year stretch once upon a time...but everyone KNOWS he's a bit overrated...but I thought it was a damn joke Brady was slotted above him in the top 100...

Favre is overrated? Are you high? He's top five in almost every statistical catagory. Plus he has more rings than your mancrush Peyton has. So... please tell me how he's overrated.

milkman
11-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Favre is overrated? Are you high? He's top five in almost every statistical catagory. Plus he has more rings than your mancrush Peyton has. So... please tell me how he's overrated.

Uh.....no he doesn't have more rings than Manning.

Both only have one, and Favre has thrown a shit ton of picks to lead directly to playoff losses.

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Uh.....no he doesn't have more rings than Manning.

Both only have one, and Favre has thrown a shit ton of picks to lead directly to playoff losses.

You're right. I thought he beat the broncos. I was mistaken. Point still stands that he's far from overrated.

As far as the picks they're gonna happen when you're a gunslinger and play as long as he has. Peyton has cost the colts many of playoff games including the super bowl with picks as well.

mlyonsd
11-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Cassel plays way more conservatively than any of the elite QB's IMO. I don't know if it's coaching or a confidence thing but it seems to me if a tight throw has to happen he chokes a bit a lot of the times. The elites don't even think about it, they just fire it because they know where the ball is going.

They play with no fear and as a Chief I haven't really seen Cassel play that way.

milkman
11-25-2010, 07:43 PM
You're right. I thought he beat the broncos. I was mistaken. Point still stands that he's far from overrated.

As far as the picks they're gonna happen when you're a gunslinger and play as long as he has. Peyton has cost the colts many of playoff games including the super bowl with picks as well.

Because of the fact that he has thrown so many picks in his career, many of the comebacks he's engineered are almost assuredly the result of those picks.

And there have to be as many of those picks that lead to teams taking leads that he wasn't able to engineer a game winning drive.

He was surrounded by more talented teams that many of the great ones have had to work with, and still has managed only one SB.

Farve is by far the most overrated QB that I've ever seen, IMO.

The Bad Guy
11-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Win us some playoff games would earn respect from me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fair enough.

You may be in the minority though. There are some that no matter what he does, sans SB, he's going to be the whipping boy constantly.

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Because of the fact that he has thrown so many picks in his career, many of the comebacks he's engineered are almost assuredly the result of those picks.

And there have to be as many of those picks that lead to teams taking leads that he wasn't able to engineer a game winning drive.

He was surrounded by more talented teams that many of the great ones have had to work with, and still has managed only one SB.

Farve is by far the most overrated QB that I've ever seen, IMO.

Lol. Ok...

mlyonsd
11-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Fair enough.

You may be in the minority though. There are some that no matter what he does, sans SB, he's going to be the whipping boy constantly.

Word. Once you're labeled Grbac your mountain just became higher.

mlyonsd
11-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Lol. Ok...

I think he's right. Rewind to last year's NFC championship game and it's hard to argue.

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 08:00 PM
I think he's right. Rewind to last year's NFC championship game and it's hard to argue.

Rewind to last years superbowl. If favre is overrated then peyton is. And I don't think either are.

milkman
11-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Rewind to last years superbowl. If favre is overrated then peyton is. And I don't think either are.

I'm already on record saying that Manning is overrated.

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm already on record saying that Manning is overrated.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think both are great quarterbacks. Neither is goat though.

mlyonsd
11-25-2010, 08:07 PM

I should probably put in a disclaimer here....ever since Favre let Elway beat him in the SB he's been dead to me.

I know both Favre and Manning are HOF material.

But if I had the luxury of knowing what each can do and had a choice between drafting either I'd pick Manning.

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 08:14 PM
I should probably put in a disclaimer here....ever since Favre let Elway beat him in the SB he's been dead to me.

I know both Favre and Manning are HOF material.

But if I had the luxury of knowing what each can do and had a choice between drafting either I'd pick Manning.

Fair enough. But just because you like one better doesn't mean the other is overrated. If I had my choice I would draft Montana. But I wouldn't complain with Elway or Marino either.

mlyonsd
11-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Fair enough. But just because you like one better doesn't mean the other is overrated. If I had my choice I would draft Montana. But I wouldn't complain with Elway or Marino either.

F Elway. Every game he played at Arrowhead that I was at he lost. I got into his head from the third level.

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 08:28 PM
F Elway. Every game he played at Arrowhead that I was at he lost. I got into his head from the third level.

Lmao. That's awesome!

Guru
11-25-2010, 08:30 PM
It's the I love Huard Show starring Matt Cassel

BossChief
11-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Back to why Eddie Kennison would have been Marvin Harrison had he been drafted by the Colts instead of the Rams...oh wait I forgot that was such a dumb comparison Peyton was only good because of all those great weapons!!!!!!!! He's lucky! He went from Harrison to Blair White! How does Polian keep finding these gems to make Manning look so good?!?!?!?You can make this same argument about Rivers.

Without looking it up, who are his starting receivers?

Favre is overrated? Are you high? He's top five in almost every statistical catagory. Plus he has more rings than your mancrush Peyton has. So... please tell me how he's overrated.You're right, he is the NFL all time leader in interceptions thrown...by a wide margin as well.

SDChiefs
11-25-2010, 08:48 PM
You can make this same argument about Rivers.

You're right, he is the NFL all time leader in interceptions thrown...by a wide margin as well.

Who cares that he's leads in touchdowns as well. Its a meaningless stat anyways.

Saul Good
11-25-2010, 08:50 PM

Malcolm Floyd and Antonio Gates with Vincent Jackson about to come back...

Buck
11-25-2010, 08:50 PM

Wait so are you saying that Manning is the NFL MVP this year over Rivers?

Buck
11-25-2010, 08:52 PM

To answer your question....

The last 2 or 3 weeks its been

-Patrick Crayton
-Seyi Ajirotutu
-Randy McMichael

BossChief
11-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Who cares that he's leads in touchdowns as well. Its a meaningless stat anyways.haha

Malcolm Floyd and Antonio Gates with Vincent Jackson about to come back...Someone doesnt watch MNF evidently.

To answer your question....

The last 2 or 3 weeks its been

-Patrick Crayton
-Seyi Ajirotutu
-Randy McMichael

Exactly, and he is on pace to break the record for passing yards in a season with those kind of guys.

Put that receiver core on 28 NFL teams and you have a bottom feeding pass offense.

I would probably give our next 3 first round picks for Rivers.

Short Leash Hootie
11-25-2010, 09:09 PM

You're right, he is the NFL all time leader in interceptions thrown...by a wide margin as well.

dude...I know Rivers' receivers...I am an avid fantasy player and own Rivers in a big $$$$ league...we try and combo up whenever possible...I started Seyi on his big week..

Rivers is great...

I'm not taking it away from him...

Ugly Duck
11-26-2010, 12:43 AM
I believe Sunday is a make or break game for the Chiefs.

KC just cannot afford to lose to Seattle. If that happens, the AFCW will most likely catch up to KC & your remaining schedule may not be as "easy" as it once appeared. Denver was supposed to put a "W" in your column, but then rolled out 35-0 & coasted. Lose to the Seahawks & I see it going something like this:

Week 12
6-5 Chiefs (L) @ Seattle
6-5 Oak (W) vs Miami
5-6 Bolts (L) @ Indy

Week 13
6-6 Chiefs (L) vs Denver.... Broncos creamed KC last time
6-6 Oak (L) @ Bolts.... SD is a better team & Oak was lucky last time
6-6 Bolts (W) vs Oak

Week 14
7-6 Bolts (W) vs Chiefs... SD is a better team & KC was lucky last time
6-7 Chiefs (L) @ Bolts
6-7 Oak (L) @ Jags... see the Pittsburgh road game

Week 15
8-6 Bolts (W) vs 9ers... no contest
7-7 Chiefs (W) vs Rams... no contest
7-7 Oak (W) vs Denver.... Raiders creamed them last time

Week 16
8-7 Bolts (L) @ Cincy... just seems like the kinda game that SD loses
8-7 Chiefs (W) vs Titans... Tenn can't pass the ball + the Arrowhead factor
7-8 Oak (L) vs Indy.... no contest

Week 17
9-7 Bolts (W) @ Denver... SD is a better team & the Broncos will be demoralized by then

Chiefs vs Oak... you'd HAVE to beat Oakland @ Arrowhead to stay even in the W/L with Sandy Eggo. Even then Bolts would be 4-2 in the division, Chiefs would be 2-4. The way I see it, KC hurts its chances pretty bad with a loss to Seattle.

milkman
11-26-2010, 02:28 AM
KC just cannot afford to lose to Seattle. If that happens, the AFCW will most likely catch up to KC & your remaining schedule may not be as "easy" as it once appeared. Denver was supposed to put a "W" in your column, but then rolled out 35-0 & coasted. Lose to the Seahawks & I see it going something like this:

Week 12
6-5 Chiefs (L) @ Seattle
6-5 Oak (W) vs Miami
5-6 Bolts (L) @ Indy

Week 13
6-6 Chiefs (L) vs Denver.... Broncos creamed KC last time
6-6 Oak (L) @ Bolts.... SD is a better team & Oak was lucky last time
6-6 Bolts (W) vs Oak

Week 14
7-6 Bolts (W) vs Chiefs... SD is a better team & KC was lucky last time
6-7 Chiefs (L) @ Bolts
6-7 Oak (L) @ Jags... see the Pittsburgh road game

Week 15
8-6 Bolts (W) vs 9ers... no contest
7-7 Chiefs (W) vs Rams... no contest
7-7 Oak (W) vs Denver.... Raiders creamed them last time

Week 16
8-7 Bolts (L) @ Cincy... just seems like the kinda game that SD loses
8-7 Chiefs (W) vs Titans... Tenn can't pass the ball + the Arrowhead factor
7-8 Oak (L) vs Indy.... no contest

Week 17
9-7 Bolts (W) @ Denver... SD is a better team & the Broncos will be demoralized by then

Chiefs vs Oak... you'd HAVE to beat Oakland @ Arrowhead to stay even in the W/L with Sandy Eggo. Even then Bolts would be 4-2 in the division, Chiefs would be 2-4. The way I see it, KC hurts its chances pretty bad with a loss to Seattle.

The Chiefs won't lose to Denver at home, and the Chargers won't lose to the Bengals....anywhere.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Favre is overrated? Are you high? He's top five in almost every statistical catagory. Plus he has more rings than your mancrush Peyton has. So... please tell me how he's overrated.True, he has the most interceptions in league history and the most fumbles by a QB (managed to make the top of that list this year). What a winner!

Ugly Duck
11-26-2010, 10:30 AM
The Chiefs won't lose to Denver at home, and the Chargers won't lose to the Bengals....anywhere.

I can imagine that. But even with those changes, SD still would hold the tiebreakers over KC. Your insurance is not losing to Seattle.

milkman
11-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I can imagine that. But even with those changes, SD still would hold the tiebreakers over KC. Your insurance is not losing to Seattle.

Yeah.

I wasn't commenting on the division standings.

Those game though, just sayin'.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2010, 10:33 AM

If we win one of our remaining road games and win all of our remaining home games, we'll be division champs. No matter what the Chargers do.

Earthling
11-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Actually, it's amazing how little stats really mean.

This is right more often than not. Probably 60% of the time....

-King-
11-26-2010, 01:00 PM
If we win one of our remaining road games and win all of our remaining home games, we'll be division champs. No matter what the Chargers do.

If they Chargers win out, they win the division.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2010, 01:23 PM

Well poop. They don't know that do they? Please lord Peyton, help us out Sunday night.

milkman
11-26-2010, 01:27 PM

Well poop. They don't know that do they? Please lord Peyton, help us out Sunday night.

I don't think the Chargers win in Indy, but if both the Chiefs and Chargers finish 10-6, then the Chargers win the division.

However, if the Chiefs do finish 10-6 and the Colts win the South with Jax finishing 10-6, the Chiefs would win a tie breaker in a Wild Card scenario based on head to head.

Edit:This would also mean that the Ravens would have to lose some games to teams like the Steelers, the Saints and Bucs, as well as another game against a lesser opponent.

A losss to the much improved Browns at Cleveland is not out of the question

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't think the Chargers win in Indy, but if both the Chiefs and Chargers finish 10-6, then the Chargers win the division.

However, if the Chiefs do finish 10-6 and the Colts win the South with Jax finishing 10-6, the Chiefs would win a tie breaker in a Wild Card scenario based on head to head.

And we'd probably play the Colts at their place again. It's like hell being a Chiefs fan. lol F my life

talastan
11-26-2010, 01:34 PM
And we'd probably play the Colts at their place again. It's like hell being a Chiefs fan. lol F my life

DEJA VU!!! :eek:

Saul Good
11-26-2010, 01:34 PM

That doesn't scare me. If we can't beat them, it's because we aren't that good of a team yet. It's not about getting a bad draw. Given our schedule, I don't think that that the Colts would be a bad draw for a 10-6 finish.

milkman
11-26-2010, 01:36 PM

More than likely, were we to get in as a Wild Card, it would be against the Chargers, who would be the 3rd seed behind whoever wins the east (Pats or Jets) and the Colts.

milkman
11-26-2010, 01:37 PM
And the reality is, the Ravens would have to really fall down to put us in that scenario.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-26-2010, 01:40 PM
how about the chiefs just beating the chargers in 3 weeks i dont see why you all think chiefs will loss

milkman
11-26-2010, 01:42 PM
how about the chiefs just beating the chargers in 3 weeks i dont see why you all think chiefs will loss

Because Phillip Rivers is playing the QB position right now as well as anyone ever has, and the Chiefs can't stop the pass, and because it's in San Diego, and the Chiefs haven't shown they can win games on the road against good teams.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Because Phillip Rivers is playing the QB position right now as well as anyone ever has, and the Chiefs can't stop the pass, and because it's in San Diego, and the Chiefs haven't shown they can win games on the road against good teams.

lol pretty much

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-26-2010, 01:50 PM

you wanna crown his azz crown him then but i think it can be done go chiefs

milkman
11-26-2010, 01:56 PM
you wanna crown his azz crown him then but i think it can be done go chiefs

If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
bump

Tom Cassel!

Fritz88
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
bump

Tom Cassel!

Except if we have a second half melt down...

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 04:44 PM
MATT BRADY CASSEL

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
TOM CASTLE BRADY MATT!

HAHAHAHAHA

I'M THE BEST

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
so...

can I get a pat on the back or something?

Anyone? Anyone?

Buehler?

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I see how it is, assholes! I'm neg repping everyone who doubted me in this thread.

KCUnited
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Props for waiting so long to bump.

Marcellus
11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Hootie fucking nailed it.

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Hootie ****ing nailed it.
NO BIG DEAL

the Talking Can
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
ROFL

good call

FAX
11-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Cassel had a very nice game today ... no doubt about it.

I, for one, am very surprised at his progress and, to a large extent, his heart ... downfield blocking for Charles was reminiscent of watching the Greatest Blocking Quarterback In The History Of The NFL.

This was an impressive win from start to finish. On the road. That's a big deal.

FAX

mnchiefsguy
11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Bold prediction indeed, Cassel had a great day today.

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
too bad I turned this into a Tom Brady overrated fest before the thread got any good :(

kysirsoze
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Yep. He nailed it.

I am for the time being a Cassel fan. I won't be completely convinced until he does something close to this to a legit team, (SD will do) but I am becoming much more optimistic.

Just wait till we get Dex back. I can't fucking wait.

Thig Lyfe
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Still not a fan. Yeah, he's put a couple good games together. But I'm not confident in his ability to keep it going, particularly against legit playoff teams in high-pressure situations.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't think he has what it takes.

Reaper16
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
:clap: Good fucking call, Hootie. Cassel did indeed show us things that I, personally, didn't think he'd ever be capable of.

crazycoffey
11-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Lucky guess....
LOL

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 07:05 PM
:clap: Good ****ing call, Hootie. Cassel did indeed show us things that I, personally, didn't think he'd ever be capable of.

smarter than I look

Rain Man
11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Meatradamus.

Simply Red
11-28-2010, 07:08 PM
nice work.

Dicky McElephant
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
To bad you're still a whiny bitch.

KChiefs1
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Patriots nation wishing he was dead when he took over for Brady...and slowly they started to doubt him less...and in the end they all turned into HUGE fans.

Starting to sound familiar.

LaChapelle
11-28-2010, 07:11 PM
I thought Dexter would be needed
not so

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 07:11 PM
To bad you're still a whiny bitch.

too bad you're mexican?

Short Leash Hootie
11-29-2010, 12:07 AM
BUMP

thurman merman
11-29-2010, 12:40 AM

That is not true. I hated his guts a couple weeks ago. I'm kind of starting to like him now.

Buck
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM
too bad you're mexican?

WTF, he's not Mexican....

Gadzooks
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM
jinx, jinx, jinx

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Good call on the Cassel fulcrum week.

Dicky McElephant
11-30-2010, 11:03 AM