PDA

View Full Version : Life The Traditional"When Are These People Going Home Thread"

redsurfer11
11-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Anyone you don't want at your Home during the Holidays?:banghead:

Earthling
11-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Not since I convienently caught the flu...o:-)

Bwana
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Not since I convienently caught the flu...o:-)

Say! I like that.

HonestChieffan
11-25-2010, 09:28 AM
I want to invite my friends over and see if any of them lean on my stove pipe and melt their cheap ass jacket.

Wait....already been done.

But honestly, me, wife , don and DIL for today. So all cool.

Bwana
11-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I want to invite my friends over and see if any of them lean on my stove pipe and melt their cheap ass jacket.

Wait....already been done.

But honestly, me, wife , don and DIL for today. So all cool.

That's cool, just keep them the hell away from your beer fridge!

Baconeater
11-25-2010, 09:34 AM
The mother in law will be over later this afternoon for dinner, but I should have a good enough buzz going by then for her not to annoy me too much.

Psyko Tek
11-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Jebus,
I am going to the ex's family
who don't drink, don't watch football and don't shut up

I would love a case of ebloa right now
And I have to drive there so I can't even get drunk ahead of time
FML

Phobia
11-25-2010, 10:50 AM
My sister hosted T-giving at her house this year whereas it's usually at my parents'. I don't drive 4 hours to hang out with her, not even with 2 weeks of guilt trip Mother. Yes, I guess I did make my priorities obvious. Now I don't have anywhere to be today at all and it feels GREAT!

Earthling
11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Jebus,
I am going to the ex's family
who don't drink, don't watch football and don't shut up

I would love a case of ebloa right now
And I have to drive there so I can't even get drunk ahead of time
FML

Wow! You kill someone in a past life or something? :evil:

Gracie Dean
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
now don't you go getting used to it. We are taking it with us when we leave next month

Iowanian
11-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I think I have the winner for this year.

My family is pretty close and we don't have arguments or drama at holidays.

Well, today....

An out of state relative by marriage brings his guns and sons(young) and after dinner they go over the hill to shoot some pumpkins and stuff.

Well, that's not uncommon, but we're in control of things the entire time.

Anyway, This person....lets his kids shoot guns without maintaining control of things at all times. I was anticipating a .22 cracking a few rounds at a can. No...he turns a kid as young as 7 loose with a .40 and an AR.

One of the boys accidentally shoots my mom's dog and kills him. My brother and I get to go dig the hole and take care of the problem before any of the other youngsters get back from their hay ride.

yeah...a dinner guest, lets his young son play al capone...and shoots my mom's dog and I get to dig the hole while others are eating pie.

awesome

SLAG
11-25-2010, 11:20 PM

Well, today....

An out of state relative by marriage brings his guns and sons(young) and after dinner they go over the hill to shoot some pumpkins and stuff.

Anyway, This person....lets his kids shoot guns without maintaining control of things at all times. I was anticipating a .22 cracking a few rounds at a can. No...he turns a kid as young as 7 loose with a .40 and an AR.

One of the boys accidentally shoots my mom's dog and kills him. My brother and I get to go dig the hole and take care of the problem before any of the other youngsters get back from their hay ride.

yeah...a dinner guest, lets his young son play al capone...and shoots my mom's dog and I get to dig the hole while others are eating pie.

awesome

hey now I saw that episode of sopranos

Pablo
11-25-2010, 11:20 PM

Well, today....

awesomeWow, that's fucking awful.

Iowanian
11-25-2010, 11:22 PM
I wish it was a joke.

I'm mostly hoping someone learned a valuable damn lesson and some boys learned the difference between life and video games.

Baconeater
11-25-2010, 11:22 PM
How the fuck does someone "accidentally" shoot a dog?

stevieray
11-25-2010, 11:24 PM
I wish it was a joke.

I'm mostly hoping someone learned a valuable damn lesson and some boys learned the difference between life and video games.

what was the dog's name?

I'm gonna go crack a wheat and raise a toast to you both.

sorry for your mom's loss.

Iowanian
11-25-2010, 11:25 PM
It's pretty simple.
some dogs get curious and will try to catch whatever is smacking the dirt...and if you're not paying attention....or being responsible....you save money on dog food this winter.

absolutely an accident...absolutely upset boys....absolutely preventable...absolutely thrilled it was just a dog.

booger
11-25-2010, 11:25 PM

Well, today....

awesome

sorry man that sucks. hope your mom is ok.

hope the kid or kids and said dad take this as a lesson that the remorse and pain in their gut is nothing comparred to what would have been if it was a person. Gun safety lesson learned the hard way.

sorry again about the dog.

Iowanian
11-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Just a dog. Probably should have kept the story to myself.

Not upset...just a "holy shit, did that just happen" thing.

Baconeater
11-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Well shit, that's horrible. Sorry you had to spend the holiday dealing with that.

Iowanian
11-25-2010, 11:32 PM
In the big picture, it's a pretty small thing. Animals are animals, people are people.
Far worse things have happened to other people today.

I guess this is something for the thankful thread.

booger
11-25-2010, 11:34 PM
i kept my 12g loaded once in the case and dick cheney'd the back of a truck when i was a youngster.

i keep that case as a reminder to unload the gun first now.

KS Smitty
11-25-2010, 11:37 PM
I wish it was a joke.

That's a sad story Roy, and I hope anyone reading it also realizes that what you play aint necessarily what's real.

I'm sorry those kids had to go through that.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-26-2010, 12:05 AM
The Dad (if you can call him that) deserves one to the kisser. Preferably by your Mom.

Phobia
11-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Meh - dogs are just dogs on the farm. Iowanian's momma will get another. It sucks and it was dumb but at least it wasn't anything worse than that.

booger
11-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Meh - dogs are just dogs on the farm. Iowanian's momma will get another. It sucks and it was dumb but at least it wasn't anything worse than that.

i know. i just want them to feel better about it and tell them at least they didn't shoot a dodge d100 in the ass when they was 12!

Baconeater
11-26-2010, 12:57 AM
i know. i just want them to feel better about it and tell them at least they didn't shoot a dodge d100 in the ass when they was 12!
You shot a Dodge? :cuss:

booger
11-26-2010, 01:07 AM
You shot a Dodge? :cuss:

:D

on accident and i was only 12. i have never left my shotgun loaded and safety off before i put it in the case again so it was worth it.

booger
11-26-2010, 01:09 AM
plus you can't tell me i'm the only one to shoot a chrysler product. I bet back in the day they put them things outta their misery all the time by pumping them full of lead.

Psyko Tek
11-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Wow! You kill someone in a past life or something? :evil:

I hope I am storing up karma for a future bad event where I can do the RIGHT thing and already have paid for it

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Sorry about the dog. Glad no one else was hurt. But that story did make me laugh.

One nice thing about living 9 hours from family - no drama at the holidays. Just the wife, kids and the dog (guns safely stored).

bevischief
11-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Sorry about the dog.

MichaelH
11-26-2010, 07:45 AM
My in-laws are visiting for the Thanksgiving weekend. They are staying in a hotel though so it's not that bad. My only complaint is that my father in law only gets out of my leather recliner to go to the bathroom and bomb it. Then he comes to me and says the toilet isn't flushing correctly. He forgets to turn on the fan and shuts the door when he leaves the bathroom. It's always a treat to go in after him to see if the toilet is really clogged or not.

My boys and wife are enjoing their visit so I can't complain too much.

redsurfer11
11-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Well, today....

awesome

Wow, I wouldn't send an invite in the future. That could have gotten real ugly.

chasedude
11-26-2010, 03:52 PM
My in-laws are visiting for the Thanksgiving weekend. They are staying in a hotel though so it's not that bad. My only complaint is that my father in law only gets out of my leather recliner to go to the bathroom and bomb it. Then he comes to me and says the toilet isn't flushing correctly. He forgets to turn on the fan and shuts the door when he leaves the bathroom. It's always a treat to go in after him to see if the toilet is really clogged or not.

My boys and wife are enjoing their visit so I can't complain too much.

ROFL Lay an "upper decker" on him then next time you're over at his house