PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade coverage

Deberg_1990
11-25-2010, 08:59 AM
OK......Both CBS and NBC coverage is garbage....

Typical CBS coverage: Interview some no name CBS Tv show star.....show one float walk by.....cut to a commercial break for 10 minutes...

Typical NBC coverage: Admittedly a slightly better than CBS.....showcase some no name Broadway Show for 10 minutes......Interview some no name NBC star for 10 minutes.......show one float walk by.....cut to a commerical for another 10 minutes....

Whatever happened to watching the Parade????

Fritz88
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I dont understand the hype with this parade.
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
LOL we're working in the kitchen and just commented about the very same thing.

Show me the balloons dammit.

HonestChieffan
11-25-2010, 09:46 AM
NOt like the good old days

bobbymitch
11-25-2010, 09:50 AM
We quit watching the "parade" several years ago for the very reason, that they don't show it. All those free pimping ads for Broadway shows or some upcoming TV special/program/series, just got too old.

I believe that more of the parade is shown on the news when a balloon gets loose and hurts a bunch of onlookers.

DJay23
11-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Remember when they actually used to show floats and balloons with the occasional marching band? Now it's all about musical performances and dance numbers.

CoMoChief
11-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Parades suck..boring IMO.

Rain Man
11-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Remember when they actually used to show floats and balloons with the occasional marching band? Now it's all about musical performances and dance numbers.

And the musical performances aren't real. Some chick was on a float holding a microphone and singing, and then she decided to dance while she was singing. She was holding the microphone down near her waist, but the volume of her singing never went down. I hate it when live performances are big fat lies.

JD10367
11-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah, they lost me today when they started talking about the "breakout hit" that is "The Event". Breakout hit? Last I heard it's in danger of cancellation. All these networks do is suck their own dicks for two hours.

KCtotheSB
11-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, they lost me today when they started talking about the "breakout hit" that is "The Event". Breakout hit? Last I heard it's in danger of cancellation. All these networks do is suck their own dicks for two hours.

Everything's a "breakout" hit.

milkman
11-25-2010, 03:17 PM
The closest I have ever come to watching this parade is scenes from the movie "Miracle on 34th Street".

I can't even beging to imagine what the helll a parade offers that is worth wastiing a single minute of your day watching.

Pablo
11-25-2010, 03:29 PM
They need to shoot off fireworks for Thanksgiving. That would be 100 times more enjoyable than watching a big, stupid Snoopy float bob up and down the street.

JD10367
11-25-2010, 04:54 PM
The closest I have ever come to watching this parade is scenes from the movie "Miracle on 34th Street".

I can't even beging to imagine what the helll a parade offers that is worth wastiing a single minute of your day watching.

Since I like Disney World, I always turn on the "Very Merry Christmas Parade" on Christmas Day as background noise.