PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Notebook | Flowers could miss Seattle game

Tribal Warfare
11-26-2010, 02:24 AM
Chiefs Notebook | Flowers could miss Seattle game (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/25/2472062/chiefs-notebook-flowers-could.html)
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Cornerback Brandon Flowers sat out practice Thursday for the second consecutive day, reducing the odds that one of the Chiefs’ best defenders will play Sunday at Seattle.

Flowers injured his hamstring in last weekend’s home victory against Arizona. Four days later, the third-year corner was the only player working on a stationary bike during practice. He was seen in the locker room later and didn’t appear to be walking with a limp.

He has two interceptions, a forced fumble and 13 deflections. Flowers has become the Chiefs’ most reliable member of the secondary, and quarterbacks have shown that they’re reluctant to pass in Flowers’ direction this season. If he’s unable to play, Brandon Carr likely would have an increased role in the Chiefs’ secondary on Sunday, likely seeing more time against the Seahawks’ best receiver, Mike Williams. Carr has been inconsistent this season, and opponents have gone after him more often as they avoid Flowers.

“He’s probably our top defensive player right now,” Carr said. “It’s time for the next person, whoever’s in there, to step up. Whoever it is, they’re going to be ready to play.”

The Chiefs did get some good news from their secondary Thursday, as free safety Jon McGraw returned to practice after missing the past two weeks. It was McGraw’s first day back at practice since suffering head and knee injuries earlier this month.

Moeaki looks healthy

Rookie tight end Tony Moeaki, who returned to practice Wednesday after suffering a head injury last week, was a full participant in Thursday’s practice — a good sign that he’ll be available Sunday.

Moeaki said he was uncertain of whether he’d play against the Seahawks but that he hoped to. He didn’t practice last week and was inactive against the Cardinals.

•Rookie receiver Dexter McCluster, who missed the past four contests with an ankle injury, returned to full participation in Wednesday’s practice, and he appeared to be running fine a day later.

Other injuries

Chiefs guard Ryan Lilja (foot) and left tackle Branden Albert (groin) were limited in Thursday’s practice. For Seattle, guard Chester Pitts (ankle), receiver Mike Williams (foot), tight end Anthony McCoy (knee), defensive tackle Colin Cole (ankle) and cornerback Marcus Trufant (concussion) were held out of practice.

HemiEd
11-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Will be nice to see McCluster and Moeaki back. Flowers being out is worrisome.

Fruit Ninja
11-26-2010, 03:17 AM
If its a game that Flowers is going to sit out, i guess its best that its Seattle. We are going to be playing the enemies very soon.

Der Flöprer
11-26-2010, 03:42 AM
Mike Williams hasn't practiced the last couple of days either.

Fritz88
11-26-2010, 03:51 AM
We are phucked.
Posted via Mobile Device

talastan
11-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Well with McGraw back hopefully he could fill in as nickelback and maybe free up Arenas to cover one of the CB positions? :shrug:

DMAC
11-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Rub some dirt on it. You are a football player...be THANKFUL for that and get your ass out there.

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Didn't he miss the Raiders game too? ROFL

milkman
11-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Well with McGraw back hopefully he could fill in as nickelback and maybe free up Arenas to cover one of the CB positions? :shrug:

McGraw isn't quick enough to cover the slot.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2010, 09:43 AM

Hey there! How are you enjoying your offseason?

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 09:45 AM

You don't actually still think the Chiefs are going to the playoffs do you?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2010, 09:47 AM
You don't actually still think the Chiefs are going to the playoffs do you?

I'm not sure yet. But we all know the Raiders definitely aren't. So how is the offseason?

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure yet. But we all know the Raiders definitely aren't. So how is the offseason?

The road to your playoffs will be decided in the last week of the season, and you will fail :thumb:

RedThat
11-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Well, I guess this is our chance to see Arenas at work?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2010, 09:54 AM
The road to your playoffs will be decided in the last week of the season, and you will fail :thumb:

OH NOES!1 A fan of one of the worst franchises in professional sports has spoken... We will fail! lol

King_Chief_Fan
11-26-2010, 09:54 AM

ROFL

Three7s
11-26-2010, 10:13 AM
I hope you enjoyed that thrashing the Steelers gave you. If I were you, I wouldn't be doing any trolling until you actually.....you know.....beat someone good.

LaChapelle
11-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Send him down to Miami and let the Bone Whisperer take a look

Pawnmower
11-26-2010, 01:25 PM

I remember when the Raiders were in first place. That seemed like such a long time ago. Mustve been a dreamy week for raiders fans.

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I remember when the Raiders were in first place. That seemed like such a long time ago. Mustve been a dreamy week for raiders fans.
What was it like to dodge a coat hanger for the first 9 months of your life?

milkman
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Can't imagine it's much different from dodging a chiv.

Bowser
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm suprised any Raiders fan can sit down long enough to talk shit on the computer after the way the Steelers pushed their shit in last week.

And I would rather have Flowers miss this game and be ready to go against Denver. Hell, hold Moeaki out this week, as well, if need be.

Pawnmower
11-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Can't imagine it's much different from dodging a chiv.

ROFL

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm suprised any Raiders fan can sit down long enough to talk shit on the computer after the way the Steelers pushed their shit in last week.

And I would rather have Flowers miss this game and be ready to go against Denver. Hell, hold Moeaki out this week, as well, if need be.

Dude, The Raiders beat the Chiefs, this is a Chiefs board, The Raiders are a better team than the Chiefs the Chiefs just have a cupcake schedule and 12 home games this year

milkman
11-26-2010, 03:06 PM

Personally, I think this is a pivotal game.

I think the Chiefs can win at home without Flowers, but I'd like them to be as close to full strength against Seattle on the road to give us our best chance to win.

A win at Seattle really improves the outlook of this team's fortunes moving forward.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-26-2010, 03:07 PM
JoshLooney Josh Looney
#Chiefs rule CB Brandon Flowers doubtful for Sunday in Seattle; all other players listed as questionable

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 03:08 PM

You don't remember shit, your a damn newbie parading around here like you have been here for years.... get the hell off my screen, I don't talk to N00bs

Bowser
11-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Dude, The Raiders beat the Chiefs, this is a Chiefs board, The Raiders are a better team than the Chiefs the Chiefs just have a cupcake schedule and 12 home games this year

Wow, better than us and still looking up at us in the standings. Go ahead and jump off that ledge.

Bowser
11-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Personally, I think this is a pivotal game.

I think the Chiefs can win at home without Flowers, but I'd like them to be as close to full strength against Seattle on the road to give us our best chance to win.

A win at Seattle really improves the outlook of this team's fortunes moving forward.

Agreed. It's games like this - ones we're expected to win and lose - that have haunted this team for years. I made my statement thinking that we have a good chance of losing one of these games, and if it has to be that way, I'd rather lose to a tough NFC home team than a divisonal rival at our house.

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, better than us and still looking up at us in the standings. Go ahead and jump off that ledge.

I will get banned again when I bring this thread up... The Chiefs are not that good, Hell the Raiders aren't either for that matter.....

You folks are in for major disappointment this year

Bowser
11-26-2010, 03:20 PM
I will get banned again when I bring this thread up... The Chiefs are not that good, Hell the Raiders aren't either for that matter.....

Are you fucking kidding me? The Chiefs have won 10 games in the previous 3 seasons. THAT has been a major disappointment. If we go 8-8 or 9-7 with no playoffs this year, we're not going to be disappointed because literally nobody though we would win more than 5 or 6 games this season.

The AFC West sucks, and the Chargers are most likely going to win it. Next year I will be "majorly disappointed" if we don't make the playoffs. I will this year too, I guess, but I'm just pleased to see my team on the rebound, if nothing else at this point. I never thought we were going to be the '99 Rams this year.

R8RFAN
11-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? The Chiefs have won 10 games in the previous 3 seasons. THAT has been a major disappointment. If we go 8-8 or 9-7 with no playoffs this year, we're not going to be disappointed because literally nobody though we would win more than 5 or 6 games this season.

The AFC West sucks, and the Chargers are most likely going to win it. Next year I will be "majorly disappointed" if we don't make the playoffs. I will this year too, I guess, but I'm just pleased to see my team on the rebound, if nothing else at this point. I never thought we were going to be the '99 Rams this year.

I am glad you are one of the few who see the light.....
Hell I am just happy to be competitive against most teams now....both teams are clearly getting better overall both are weak at the QB position, it's not either of our teams year but it is better than it has been in a long time.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Flowers is doubtful. DOOMED!

MTG#10
11-27-2010, 10:58 AM

My good feeling about this game isnt so great now.

R8RFAN
11-27-2010, 11:03 AM

You were doomed anyway, You can't win on the road against a decent team now

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2010, 11:06 AM

lol neither can your piss poor franchise. So suck it

Halfcan
11-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Will be nice to see McCluster and Moeaki back. Flowers being out is worrisome.

exactly :thumb: Flowers is having a nice year so far.

R8RFAN
11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
lol neither can your piss poor franchise. So suck it

Simmer down Beaker ROFL

DBOSHO
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
The way we've blown out teams at home, it wouldnt suprise me to see us blow out oakland.

petegz28
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fISu_FkNgeI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fISu_FkNgeI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Bad Guy
11-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Cleveland is a pretty decent team.

Three7s
11-27-2010, 01:46 PM

Do you feel like trolling that much to say that you think we're shit, even though you admit that the Raiders are shit too?

R8RFAN
11-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Do you feel like trolling that much to say that you think we're shit, even though you admit that the Raiders are shit too?

Pretty much N00b

Reerun_KC
11-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Actually I dont think we will miss a beat... I feel flowers was a target lately...

Houston abused him... Jacoby Ford with the game on the line owner him and his family... Brandon Llyod and the Denver WR's thanked him for career days..

he made one play last weekend during the AZ game, other than that, they were completing passess on him all day...

Flowers absence isnt going to be the difference in this game...
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

petegz28
11-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Actually I dont think we will miss a beat... I feel flowers was a target lately...

Houston abused him... Jacoby Ford with the game on the line owner him and his family... Brandon Llyod and the Denver WR's thanked him for career days..

he made one play last weekend during the AZ game, other than that, they were completing passess on him all day...

I'll cut him some slack on the Denver game since both McGraw and Lewis were out. We had nothing to speak of to help him aside from Berry and we know that isn't Berry's strong suit yet.

Brock
11-27-2010, 05:52 PM

:LOL:

Hog Farmer
11-27-2010, 07:38 PM

Kinda like your mother has been for some time.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2010, 07:51 PM
:LOL:

Glad you think its funny... I sure dont, its becoming a big concern...

So pressure up front would really be nice...

Three7s
11-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Carr was the one on Lloyd......

tsyou606
11-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Since when did we get a Eric Flowers? Does this mean Brandon will start? LOL. FWIW I checked and Brandon's middle name is Lavar

Kansas City at Seattle
Sunday Update: Indications are Mike Williams is out.
UPGRADE: Matt Hasselbeck, Deon Butler
DOWNGRADE: Mike Williams
While injuries to Dexter McCluster and Tony Moeaki more clearly affect fantasy players, it's the loss of Eric Flowers that will have the bigger fantasy impact. Flowers' absence due to his hamstring strain will open up the passing game, which will help the Seahawks significantly. Deon Butler becomes a nice WR sleeper due to this and the likely absence of Williams. Both McCluster and Moeaki are officially game-time decisions, but both practiced well and should play normally. There's some question about how much "normal" is for McCluster and how much that will affect Jamaal Charles, who appeared to benefit most from McCluster's absence. Williams is listed as questionable, but being in a walking boot on Friday and Saturday gives us some answers, so don't play him. The Seahawks should get Golden Tate back to slot in after missing a couple weeks with a nasty ankle sprain.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/will_carroll/11/27/week12.medcheck/index.html#ixzz16b0gCPCg

TheGuardian
11-28-2010, 10:48 AM

Against Houston he gave up something like 40 yards to Andre Johnson with several passes defended. The catch by Jacoby in the 4th was really just a great play by him to take the ball away. Flowers had great coverage. Carr was the one that helepd Lloyd to the career days.

Micjones
11-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Flowers won't play, but neither will Williams.

milkman
11-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Against Houston he gave up something like 40 yards to Andre Johnson with several passes defended. The catch by Jacoby in the 4th was really just a great play by him to take the ball away. Flowers had great coverage. Carr was the one that helepd Lloyd to the career days.

Never mind Reerun.

He's still trying to figure out how to make it seem logical for him to obsess over one man, and critisize others for doing the same thing with another.

His head is overloaded as a result.

Shaid
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Agree 100%.

A1DonkKiller
11-28-2010, 11:42 AM

can't imagine it was much different than dodging a spicy lollipop

kcchiefsus
11-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Whats it like not knowing your daddy and having a whore for a mom?

Priest31kc
11-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Flowers was the best CB in the game this year until the Raider game. He has a couple of okay games and he's all of a sudden a shitty CB??? We will miss him dearly today.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2010, 02:25 PM

What about the catch by Jacoby Ford in OT?

Nobody is saying Flowers sucks and we should get rid of him... How stupid are you people?

Everyone like milkman is so bent on blaming every little thing on Cassel, that they are unwilling to notice other areas of the team that are struggling. Like how the lack of a pass rush is killing the secondary.... But i am sure Milkman will tell us how that is Matts fault...

I appologize for saying Lloyd had a career day against Flowers, Your were right, I went back and looked and it was Carr that got owned... Actually everyone in the secondary got owned that day... My bad.