PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink ****The OFFICIAL Thanksgiving leftovers thread****

Fire Me Boy!
11-26-2010, 08:40 AM
I get more excited about the day after Thanksgiving than the day of, all due to the leftovers! Thanksgiving Day meals are great, but we always go traditional. I'm not a sandwich man, so leftovers is a time of experimentation and great food! What are you doing with your leftovers?

A friend sent me this link a couple days ago, and I have to say there are some good ideas in there... might even try a few.

Thanksgiving Leftovers: What Would Chefs Do? (http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2010/11/chefs_and_leftovers_can_we_agr.html)

I looked through the first three pages and used the search page, so if this is a repost, I don't care.

KCUnited
11-26-2010, 08:43 AM
I started a tradition a few years back and use our leftovers and make Thanksgiving beirocks, but I'm not above a turkey sandwich with mayo either.

Fire Me Boy!
11-26-2010, 09:06 AM
I almost always make a pot pie, but I didn't do a turkey this year with it just being me and my wife. I did a small ham; however, my wife is a mashed potatoes and stuffing fiend, so I made enough of those to last a year for the normal family.

Bane
11-26-2010, 09:07 AM
I almost always make a pot pie, but I didn't do a turkey this year with it just being me and my wife. I did a small ham; however, my wife is a mashed potatoes and stuffing fiend, so I made enough of those to last a year for the normal family.

Working on this right now.:thumb:

DMAC
11-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to many turkey, stuffing, and mayo sammiches today.

cdcox
11-26-2010, 09:16 AM
We're doing TG II, the works.

We'll have turkey velvet soup in a week or too. I made stock last night.

Fire Me Boy!
11-26-2010, 09:37 AM
We're doing TG II, the works.

We'll have turkey velvet soup in a week or too. I made stock last night.

I made two batches of stock on Wednesday. I love my pressure cooker, but would really like a 10- or 12-quart pot instead of my 6-quart one.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Turkey noodle soup with the drumstick and wings. Turkey Tetrazini with the dark meat and just eat the white meat -sandwhiches, by itself.