PDA

View Full Version : Football Super Bowl Halftime Act announced:

cardken
11-26-2010, 11:15 AM
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/black-eyed-peas-land-super-bowl-gig/
Black Eyed Peas, I think I'll take a piss during Halftime.
Repost be Damned!

Fritz88
11-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Last year's halftime was pure shit.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Thats fail....

Shit Kid Rock and Keith Urban ht shows last night will be much better than that garbage...

Reerun_KC
11-26-2010, 11:17 AM

I think this one will surpass it in totally shittyness

Rain Man
11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
I gotta feeling that the game’s gonna be a good game
That game’s gonna be a good game
That game’s gonna be a good good game

milkman
11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
I hve't watched a halftime show in.......ever, since they started thinking that we had to halftime entertainment that wasn't football highlights.

I don't even listen to music on the radio.

Rain Man
11-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I hve't watched a halftime show in.......ever, since they started thinking that we had to halftime entertainment that wasn't football highlights.

I predict that in 2013 milkman will start a thread saying, "Have you heard of this group called the Beatles? Their music is pretty darn good."

Bwana
11-26-2010, 11:22 AM

It's looks like this years, will give it a run for its money.

Bane
11-26-2010, 11:22 AM
:shake::bang:

Rain Man
11-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Who did last year's show?

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.freeclipartnow.com/d/35283-1/Yawn.jpg

Jenson71
11-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Who did last year's show?

Your boy the Boss, right?

teedubya
I saw last night that the Black Eyed Peas are releasing another album... which means too much of them is gonna be blasted at us soon. meh.

Gracie Dean
I thought last years show as pretty good but

the "black eyed Peas" ugg

Gracie Dean
11-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Your boy the Boss, right?

No The Who did last year and were pretty good

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 11:31 AM
No The Who did last year and were pretty good
To each his or her own. Pete "Pedophile" Townsend hasn't been my cup of tea since to early 80s.

Gracie Dean
11-26-2010, 11:31 AM
I would love for Chicago to do half time!

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 11:41 AM
How about a group that doesn't have a member that probably requires hip replacement surgery instead?

Fritz88
11-26-2010, 11:47 AM
I predict that in 2013 milkman will start a thread saying, "Have you heard of this group called the Beatles? Their music is pretty darn good."

Milkman after discovering the Beatles

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_APIe3B75s88/SRn5kFkaMiI/AAAAAAAABBQ/7QTROdPP9jo/IMG_2245.jpg

Gracie Dean
11-26-2010, 11:47 AM
How about a group that doesn't have a member that probably requires hip replacement surgery instead?

Chicago still rocks out the show and has GREAT music

they would put on a great show

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 11:50 AM

Even from wheelchairs?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/whi/lowres/whin131l.jpg

:D

Gracie Dean
11-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Even from wheelchairs?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/whi/lowres/whin131l.jpg

:D

they are more active than many younger than them.

DTLB58
11-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Yea, dont care I watch the SB for football!

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 11:54 AM
they are more active than many younger than them.
Name 5. :p

milkman
11-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Milkman after discovering the Beatles

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_APIe3B75s88/SRn5kFkaMiI/AAAAAAAABBQ/7QTROdPP9jo/IMG_2245.jpg

:thumb:

luv
11-26-2010, 11:56 AM

They were great 30 years ago. How about someone who has been popular in at least the last 10 years?

milkman
11-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Name 5. :p

The Bee Gees.

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 12:00 PM
The Bee Gees.
That's 3. Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb and Maurice is taking a dirt nap so technically, that's only 2. :p

Buck
11-26-2010, 12:01 PM
This is definitely a repost.

milkman
11-26-2010, 12:04 PM
That's 3. Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb and Maurice is taking a dirt nap so technically, that's only 2. :p

I was just helping her to start the list.

And technacally, even though Maurice is taking a dirt nap, he's still younger, and I guarantee that Chicago is doing more rockin'.

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 12:06 PM
I was just helping her to start the list.

And technacally, even though Maurice is taking a dirt nap, he's still younger, and I guarantee that Chicago is doing more rockin'.
Of course Chicago is doing more rocking than Maurice Gibb. :facepalm:

What's next? "The Jackson Five." :p

HemiEd
11-26-2010, 12:06 PM

you should get out more you grumpy old fart.

luv
11-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Kidd Rock performed at the Detroit game yesterday. I think he'd be perfect for the Super Bowl.

HemiEd
11-26-2010, 12:11 PM
They were great 30 years ago. How about someone who has been popular in at least the last 10 years?

I couldn't stand Chicago back then, no thanks. Way too many horns.

milkman
11-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Of course Chicago is doing more rocking than Maurice Gibb. :facepalm:

What's next? "The Jackson Five." :p

Well, now that you mention it....

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Kidd Rock performed at the Detroit game yesterday. I think he'd be perfect for the Super Bowl.
He's too busy getting in fights at Waffle House.

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I couldn't stand Chicago back then, no thanks. Way too many horns.
This. :thumb:

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Well, now that you mention it....
oh, shaddup. :p

BigVE
11-26-2010, 12:17 PM
It seems like instead of just featuring one "generational" group at halftime (which NOBODY will be happy with) they should/could try to do a mix of generations doing a couple of songs apiece. The young'ns will probably like B.E.P's while older ones won't, just like most younger people couldn't stand the The WHO or the Boss in the past couple of years. You won't please everyone no matter what.

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 12:18 PM
It seems like instead of just featuring one "generational" group at halftime (which NOBODY will be happy with) they should/could try to do a mix of generations doing a couple of songs apiece.
Talkin' bout my g-g-g-g-gennnnnnnneration ...

Pioli Zombie
11-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Um,yeah,sorry. I have to,um, wash my raccoon during halftime.

Pioli Zombie
11-26-2010, 12:41 PM
This year I think they should just have Victoria Justice,Selena Gomez,Keke Palmer, Demi Lovato,and Miley Cyrus get naked and kiss each other.
Who's with me?

Bowser
11-26-2010, 12:44 PM
What, was Air Supply or ABBA booked that day?

At least they're going with a group that's younger than 55, I guess. Doesn't matter, I'll still be hitting a bathroom break and getting a drink or three during halftime, as always.

Bowser
11-26-2010, 12:44 PM
This year I think they should just have Victoria Justice,Selena Gomez,Keke Palmer, Demi Lovato,and Miley Cyrus get naked and kiss each other.
Who's with me?

The NFL hates naked women. [/Janet's boob]

Baconeater
11-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I have no idea who the Black Eyed Peas are.

HemiEd
11-26-2010, 12:51 PM
The NFL hates naked women. [/Janet's boob]

Yeah that one little wardrobe malfunction, has set half time shows back four score.

luv
11-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I have no idea who the Black Eyed Peas are.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSD4vsh1zDA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSD4vsh1zDA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Baconeater
11-26-2010, 12:53 PM
<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSD4vsh1zDA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>
And it only took me 45 seconds to figure out why.

Slainte
11-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Black Eyed Peas, I think I'll take a piss during Halftime.

Fergie will - so why shouldn't you?

http://thehypefactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/fergie_wet_herself.jpg

Rain Man
11-26-2010, 02:32 PM
To each his or her own. Pete "Pedophile" Townsend hasn't been my cup of tea since to early 80s.

I'm glad you didn't say "since I was a child".

Gonzo
11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Maybe Fergie will give the crowd a beaver shot. Meh, nevermind. I'd bet that chick's cooch smells like spoiled meatloaf.

Speaking of which, Meatloaf should do the halftime show. Whatever happened to that guy?
Posted via Mobile Device

4th and Long
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm glad you didn't say "since I was a child".
WAKA WAKA!
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/05/2/4/8/07622851502107111.jpg

BigRedChief
11-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Last year's halftime was pure shit.Janet Jackson's boob's fault.

chasedude
11-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Meh, Halftime is usually Beer run time so I'm not missing much again.

milkman
11-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Maybe Fergie will give the crowd a beaver shot. Meh, nevermind. I'd bet that chick's cooch smells like spoiled meatloaf.

Speaking of which, Meatloaf should do the halftime show. Whatever happened to that guy?
Posted via Mobile Device

I've seen hiim do a lot of guest spots on TV series.

The last I remember was an episode of House.

Baconeater
11-26-2010, 03:12 PM
I've seen hiim do a lot of guest spots on TV series.

The last I remember was an episode of House.
Hell I figured he'd be dead by now, dude wasn't exactly a picture of good health.

Guru
11-26-2010, 03:47 PM

I love that band.

chasedude
11-26-2010, 04:07 PM
I love that band.

Now I'd send someone else out for the beer run if they performed! :thumb:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UTFD1C4tVIg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UTFD1C4tVIg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chasedude
11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjGXxt_GI38?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjGXxt_GI38?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bowener
11-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I would rather they did something funny at halftime. Maybe a top comic or something... Louis CK (never going to happen of course).

Or maybe something less lame than past-their-prime acts like 2 minutes of camera time in each locker room, and maybe some kind of competition involving Pro Bowl players.

Maybe they could flood the field and reenact histories greatest naval battles as well.

Pioli Zombie
11-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Maybe Michael Richards should do a stand-up act.

RJ
11-26-2010, 04:26 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Meatloaf is big into fantasy football these days, plays in like 40 leagues. Weird, huh?

Rain Man
11-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I would rather they did something funny at halftime. Maybe a top comic or something... Louis CK (never going to happen of course).

Or maybe something less lame than past-their-prime acts like 2 minutes of camera time in each locker room, and maybe some kind of competition involving Pro Bowl players.

Maybe they could flood the field and reenact histories greatest naval battles as well.

These are all very good ideas. Some other suggestions might include:

1. Put some fans on the field and have them try to escape the mascot of the team that's winning. For example, a bunch of fans would be running from an Indian Chief on horseback or an eagle or a jaguar.

2. Have the cheerleaders from the two teams engage in a mass chickfight.

3. Re-enact the first half highlights live, but with dogs or chimpanzees or something.

4. Hold two events to appeal to different markets. For example, the punt, pass, and kick finals on one end and a javelin throwing exhibition on the other end.

5. Play an inning of professional baseball since that's the highest rating any baseball game would ever get.

6. Differential equations competition.

DomerNKC
11-26-2010, 07:52 PM
How are the black eyed peas goona sing through a synth while on the field? Without a studio fixing their stuff it is gonna be horrible.
I would love to see the Eagles during halftime.

patteeu
11-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm not a big Black Eyed Peas fan, but I think that choice is a good one. Far, far better than a geriatric act like the Rolling Stones or some of the hipster favorites or oldies that most people would personally like to see (the problem is that any one person's personal favorite isn't likely to have broad appeal).

The Black Eyed Peas are crossover artists that can appeal to fans of both hip hop and rock/pop. They're currently popular. They're upbeat. I think ideally, the show would include another act to appeal to the country crowd, but if they are going to go with a single act, I think the BEPs are a reasonable choice.

threebag02
11-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Hate the black eye peas

jd1020
11-26-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm not a big Black Eyed Peas fan, but I think that choice is a good one. Far, far better than a geriatric act like the Rolling Stones or some of the hipster favorites or oldies that most people would personally like to see (the problem is that any one person's personal favorite isn't likely to have broad appeal).

The Black Eyed Peas are crossover artists that can appeal to fans of both hip hop and rock/pop. They're currently popular. They're upbeat. I think ideally, the show would include another act to appeal to the country crowd, but if they are going to go with a single act, I think the BEPs are a reasonable choice.

Have you ever seen the Black Eyed Peas live? They are asked to play for alot of events live and they are always god awful... Talk about a group that thrives in the studio where you can make shit sound like #1 hits. I wish they would quit while they were ahead and stop recording... yesterday.

Here's a sample of the Black Eyed Peas fan base...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqfHkjyC8aM

... Paid for and brought to you by the Black Eyed Peas.

Gravedigger
11-26-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm actually relieved its not a band from the classic rock era, I'm not saying Black Eyed Peas are great, but the last few halftimes since the Janet Jackson halftime fiasco have been lackluster. All these people say oh this halftime show will be amazing! No... it never is.

RustShack
11-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Too bad its not TRAIN.

stevieray
11-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm actually relieved its not a band from the classic rock era, I'm not saying Black Eyed Peas are great, but the last few halftimes since the Janet Jackson halftime fiasco have been lackluster. All these people say oh this halftime show will be amazing! No... it never is.

...never understood the fascination with it.

RedDread
11-27-2010, 12:59 AM
After there was speculation that the Black Eyed Peas were going to be this year's choice halftime shows became a topic of discussion at the place I work.
We were wondering with all the old rock acts they have trotted out if there were any newer ones that would make the grade. It became a pretty good game to see if we could find a band that fit these requirements:

1. Rock Genre
2. Popular & Established (lots of radio play, album sales, etc)
3. Not old as ****
4. Has no cursing in their hit songs
5. is not Nickelback

Foo Fighters is who we came up with. However, I fully expect Nickelback to be the act sometime in the next 2 years.

ChiefsCountry
11-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Cowboys got it right Thursday with Keith Urban. Its a shame they didn't have time for him to do some guitar solo stuff. He would have rocked Big D with that.

patteeu
11-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Have you ever seen the Black Eyed Peas live? They are asked to play for alot of events live and they are always god awful... Talk about a group that thrives in the studio where you can make shit sound like #1 hits. I wish they would quit while they were ahead and stop recording... yesterday.

Here's a sample of the Black Eyed Peas fan base...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqfHkjyC8aM

... Paid for and brought to you by the Black Eyed Peas.

No, I haven't. My assumption is that a band will be able to play it's music live. If that's not the case then they obviously aren't a good choice.

Cntrygal
11-27-2010, 07:57 AM

Ditto.

Baconeater
11-27-2010, 08:09 AM
No, I haven't. My assumption is that a band will be able to play it's music live. If that's not the case then they obviously aren't a good choice.
The halftime shows aren't truly 'live' music anyway, there's too many technical issues to deal with in too little time. The only thing that was live about The Who last year were Daltrey's vocals and Townshend's guitar, everything else was piped in.

ChiefsNow
11-27-2010, 08:17 AM
I would like to see some more Janet Jackson booby myself.

ozarkchief
11-27-2010, 11:02 AM
These are all very good ideas. Some other suggestions might include:

1. Put some fans on the field and have them try to escape the mascot of the team that's winning. For example, a bunch of fans would be running from an Indian Chief on horseback or an eagle or a jaguar.

2. Have the cheerleaders from the two teams engage in a mass chickfight.

3. Re-enact the first half highlights live, but with dogs or chimpanzees or something.

4. Hold two events to appeal to different markets. For example, the punt, pass, and kick finals on one end and a javelin throwing exhibition on the other end.

5. Play an inning of professional baseball since that's the highest rating any baseball game would ever get.

6. Differential equations competition.

I like the chimpanzee re-enactment idea. People love chimps, and there's always the possibility that one of them will decide to do something inappropriate with the football.

Baby Lee
11-27-2010, 11:09 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Hangin' with the nancies of McKinley High

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/meatloaf-bostwick-glee.jpg

ChiefButthurt
11-27-2010, 11:15 AM
The halftime show hasn't been the same since this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_KgOkKEoc4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_KgOkKEoc4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Guru
11-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Too bad its not TRAIN.You know, I hate them almost as much as I hate that kicker.

Graystoke
11-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Who picks this shit?

jwazzie
11-30-2010, 07:39 AM
FREE BIRD!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Yet another shit pile.