PDA

View Full Version : Football Is Bowe clutch enough for you now?

Shogun
11-28-2010, 05:55 PM
He caught everything you could have ever thrown at him lately. He has put the team on his shoulders now when we needed him. We are witnessing a change imo. I've bought in. I've bought in to this whole team and the direction we're heading. I'm feeling good things.

Discuss.

Pawnmower
11-28-2010, 05:56 PM
He did have at least 1 or 2 drops today but god damn you cant argue with his numbers lately

Short Leash Hootie
he could set the single season TD mark this season...

Short Leash Hootie
he had 1 "drop" on a ball that was pretty well defensed

Rudy lost the toss
His drop led to a seahawks TD.

Grrrrrrr

jojomontana
11-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Si. Bowe is clutch enough. He's looking like a true stud receiver recently.
Helps that the QB isn't totally incompetent recently too, I'm sure.

kysirsoze
11-28-2010, 05:57 PM
He did have at least 1 or 2 drops today but god damn you cant argue with his numbers lately

One that was close I wouldn't call a drop. It may have been recorded as such, but it was cleanly knocked out as it got there by a defender. Good D, not a drop.

DA_T_84
11-28-2010, 05:58 PM
he could set the single season TD mark this season...

What is the record?

B2chiefsfan
11-28-2010, 05:59 PM
32 catches, 465 yards, and 7 TD's in the last 3 games....:thumb:

Reaper16
11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
I've never been down on Bowe.

Valiant
You did this wrong..

You are suppose to start out saying you were a silent when everyone was hating on him but have always been a fan of him since he was drafted.. Then you need to tell everyone to Fuck Off...

Shogun

Thats what she said?

-King-
What is the record?

23 by Moss in 2007

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
What is the record?

23 by Moss in 2007 I believe

Reaper16
Thats what she said?
No. She never says that.

Short Leash Hootie
2 a week for the rest of the year will do it

Silock
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM
To be fair, this is NOT the same Bowe we've seen since he's been here, or even for the first few games of the season.

He is so improved, it's ridiculous. After the Indy game, he turned the corner, and after the Raider game, he went full-throttle down the straightaway.

He's amazing right now.

-King-
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM
2 a week for the rest of the year will do it

ROFLROFLROFL @ The fact that that's possible.

milkman
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
One that was close I wouldn't call a drop. It may have been recorded as such, but it was cleanly knocked out as it got there by a defender. Good D, not a drop.

I'd have ot see the replay, but I thought it was a ball he should have caught.

There was another third down play in which he ran a lazy route, was slow to sut and to get his head around on a ball that was right wher eit needed to be.

He, like Cassel, has made strides, but he still has those moments that piss you off.

Not nearly as much as before, and every receiver has them, so it isn't anyhting I'll get up in arms about.

Pablo
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
LMAO

If Bowe catches 20 TD's this season every single poster's lips on CP will be straight up busted from sucking his dick so hard.

TheGuardian
11-28-2010, 06:05 PM
LMAO

If Bowe catches 20 TD's this season every single poster's lips on CP will be straight up busted from sucking his dick so hard.

Nope. Dj's Left Nut will still say he's not a TRUE #1.

LaChapelle
11-28-2010, 06:05 PM
3 TDs if the graphic they jus showed is correct

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Todd Haley is a master with receivers I guess...

Fitzgerald...now Bowe.

Damn.

He literally turned two super talented players into full fledged SUPERSTARS...

Chiefshrink
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey when we play SD and were behind 20-17 with :40 to go and its 4th and 8 on SD's 45 and we need a desperate 1st down to keep the drive alive in hopes to at least get close enough to kick a FG and Bowe comes up with a big first down catch so that Succop can at least get a chance to tie then I will say Bowe "might" be starting to get over the hump of being "clutch".

TheGuardian
11-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey when we play SD and were behind 20-17 with :40 to go and its 4th and 8 on SD's 45 and we need a desperate 1st down to keep the drive alive in hopes to at least get close enough to kick a FG and Bowe comes up with a big first down catch so that Succop can at least get a chance to tie then I will say Bowe "might" be starting to get over the hump of being "clutch".

tool

LaChapelle
11-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Please let this stop the trade for Fitz talk
we need a MOTHERFUCKING PASS RUSH

kysirsoze
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM

Fitzgerald...now Bowe.

Damn.

I want to have Todd Haley's baby.

Graystoke
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Bowe was dead on today...yes the man has clutch.
Here is hoping it is not temporary.

dirk digler
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM
The last 2 weeks he has been good just like the QB has. Hopefully both will continue to play at a high level.

Pawnmower
11-28-2010, 06:14 PM

There was another third down play in which he ran a lazy route, was slow to sut and to get his head around on a ball that was right wher eit needed to be.

He, like Cassel, has made strides, but he still has those moments that piss you off.

Not nearly as much as before, and every receiver has them, so it isn't anyhting I'll get up in arms about.

Thats pretty much exactly how I saw it .....Wish I had more rep

Mr. Laz
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
if he keeps playing like this then it's all good with me.

Chiefshrink
11-28-2010, 06:24 PM
tool

:hmmm::hmmm: Then you must agree if that is all you have:shrug:

Dwayne has a pattern of playing very well when ahead but when "clutch catches" are needed to chew up the clock to close games then it becomes very "sketchy" at best. Don't get me wrong his play today was stellar but I want to see this same play against much better teams when we have to come from behind and WIN and we come from behind and WIN "BECAUSE OF HIS PLAY".

He supposed to be playing like this against teams like Seattle.

WebGem
11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I heard the whole team is getting on a football shaped plane and Cassel is gonna throw it in the air, then jump off a trampoline and shoot through a window into the plane, then Bowe's gonna jump off w/ his parachute at 1,000 feet and catch the plane at MCI.

CASSEL TO BOWE!

Chiefshrink
11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
we need a MOTHER****ING PASS RUSH

THIS!

Silock
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
we need a MOTHERFUCKING PASS RUSH

Do you have any idea how incredible our offense would be with Bowe and Fitz and Charles and Jones and McCluster and Moeaki?

Holy shit incredible. Too many weapons for anyone to handle.

I'd be happy with a trade for Fitz and getting pass rushing help in the draft.

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I'd, without a doubt, give up two 1st round picks for Larry Fitzgerald.

IN A NEW YORK MINUTE

teedubya
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Fitzgerald...now Bowe.

Damn.

Yep. Now if we can get BOTH of them on this team. :drool:

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is the ultimate team player...and he plays RECEIVER...a me first position.

Him mentoring Bowe would be amazing...amazing amazing amazing.

I'd give THREE DAMN 1STS FOR THE GUY...

Fitzy wouldn't care if he got 500 yards and 30 catches if the team was winning...

He is a top 5 player in the entire NFL...

Can't put a value on him.

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
you say...

"hey, you guys are looking to unload Fitzy? What will it take...let me know and I accept."

Pablo
11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
If we got Fitz, my nuts would explode because I wouldn't be able to stop jizzing.

It would just pump out of me for hours on end in one long, super hard orgasm until my nuts and heart exploded.

LoneWolf
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
If we got Fitz, my nuts would explode because I wouldn't be able to stop jizzing.

It would just pump out of me for hours on end in one long, super hard orgasm until my nuts and heart exploded.

Nice visual. Would that be "cuming while you are going"?

Gonzo
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM

LMAO

That would get fairly messy.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
:hmmm::hmmm: Then you must agree if that is all you have:shrug:

Dwayne has a pattern of playing very well when ahead but when "clutch catches" are needed to chew up the clock to close games then it becomes very "sketchy" at best. Don't get me wrong his play today was stellar but I want to see this same play against much better teams when we have to come from behind and WIN and we come from behind and WIN "BECAUSE OF HIS PLAY".

This is bullshit.

Without Bowe we aren't up early and on top of Seattle. It was Bowe killing them that made the backers pull back off of 8 man fronts that opened up the run game.

It's stupid that every poster has some different criteria for what a player has to do to earn their confidence. Bowe has already put together a marvelous season. He's a true #1. He doesn't have to do all sorts of shit to prove that anymore. Done.

|Zach|
11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Bowe deserves all the criticism he has received in the past and all the praise he is getting now.

Hope he keeps it up.

notorious
11-28-2010, 07:28 PM

I will admit that I wanted Bowe to chug antifreeze after that drop against the Raiders.

He has been playing outstanding since then.

Saul Good
11-28-2010, 07:44 PM

Exactly!

You are supposed to catch 3 TDs and 170 yards against first place teams on the road.

An average #1 WR should have 2720 yards receiving and 48 TDs each season.

Pablo
11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Exactly!

You are supposed to catch 3 TDs and 170 yards against first place teams on the road.

An average #1 WR should have 2720 yards receiving and 48 TDs each season.And they should probably fill in at DB every now and then and grab 14 INT's.

Now THAT'S a #1 WR.

Saul Good
11-28-2010, 07:47 PM
And they should probably fill in at DB every now and then and grab 14 INT's.

Now THAT'S a #1 WR.

That's true. In his spare time, he should get his pilots' license and fly the team jet.

|Zach|
11-28-2010, 07:49 PM
LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
That's true. In his spare time, he should get his pilots' license and fly the team jet.

and to be an elite #1, what does he have to do?

SNR
11-28-2010, 07:55 PM
He's a superstar, no doubt.

Few receivers in this league are clutch, however. And you don't just become clutch with a string of 3 games without a huge fuckup when your team needs you. You EARN the title of "clutch" with big plays in the playoffs and by putting together seasons of high quality receiver play.

Guys like Hines Ward, Anquan Boldin, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz = clutch

Guys like Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Desean Jackson = superstars. But they're not clutch.

Guys like Roddy White, DBowe, and Desean Jackson are definitely trending towards becoming clutch guys. Very quickly we might see these guys turn the corner.

PlasticMan
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
He's a superstar, no doubt.

Few receivers in this league are clutch, however. And you don't just become clutch with a string of 3 games without a huge ****up when your team needs you. You EARN the title of "clutch" with big plays in the playoffs and by putting together seasons of high quality receiver play.

Guys like Hines Ward, Anquan Boldin, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz = clutch

Guys like Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Desean Jackson = superstars. But they're not clutch.

Guys like Roddy White, DBowe, and Desean Jackson are definitely trending towards becoming clutch guys. Very quickly we might see these guys turn the corner.

to me no one has been more clutch than santonio holmes this year, but bowe is definitely getting my multiple votes for the pro bowl

Saul Good
11-28-2010, 08:00 PM
and to be an elite #1, what does he have to do?

play for a team not from Kansas City

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
It's too bad Hamas/Mecca and DJ haven't graced us with their presence...

philfree
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
The two biggest questions concerning the Chiefs early in this season were Cassel and Bowe. Since then I think they've stepped up. :thumb:

Big time!

It don't mean shit if we can't beat the donks next week.....

PhilFree:arrow:

MadMax
11-28-2010, 08:02 PM
This is bullshit.

Without Bowe we aren't up early and on top of Seattle. It was Bowe killing them that made the backers pull back off of 8 man fronts that opened up the run game.

It's stupid that every poster has some different criteria for what a player has to do to earn their confidence. Bowe has already put together a marvelous season. He's a true #1. He doesn't have to do all sorts of shit to prove that anymore. Done.

i AM PROUD OF THIS TEAM PERIOD!!! nICE JOB TODAY GUYS!!!!!

Pants
11-28-2010, 08:06 PM

Hmm, I thought that was on Cassel, but I obviously can't be sure. I think a big clue that he's becoming clutch was the pass that Jennings actually had his hand on in between Bowe's arms and D-Bowe still pulled it in. I'm just afraid I'm going to wake up from this dream into the cold reality of Cassel throwing the ball into the ground in front of a WR sitting in the flat, hitting the crossbar on 30 yard Hail Marys and Bowe dropping game-winning gimmies.

Saul Good
11-28-2010, 08:06 PM
It's too bad Hamas/Mecca and DJ haven't graced us with their presence...

They are probably just busy admitting that they were wrong to post here.

Saul Good
11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Hmm, I thought that was on Cassel, but I obviously can't be sure. I think a big clue that he's becoming clutch was the pass that Jennings actually had his hand on in between Bowe's arms and D-Bowe still pulled it in. I'm just afraid I'm going to wake up from this dream into the cold reality of Cassel throwing the ball into the ground in front of a WR sitting in the flat, hitting the crossbars and Bowe dropping game-winning gimmies.

I thought that one was on Bowe. He ran a lazy route. That was a Peyton Manning type play. Bowe needed to understand the situation.

Pants
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
I thought that one was on Bowe. He ran a lazy route. That was a Peyton Manning type play. Bowe needed to understand the situation.

Of course you think it was on Bowe. You're unable to hold an objective opinion on Cassel. Bowe doesn't have eyes in the back of his head and was just running his route. Cassel had to hurry the throw in the face of pressure, IIRC. I could be wrong - only saw the play once.

Saul Good
11-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Of course you think it was on Bowe. You're unable to hold an objective opinion on Cassel. Bowe doesn't have eyes in the back of his head and was just running his route. Cassel had to hurry the throw in the face of pressure, IIRC. I could be wrong - only saw the play once.

I was only out in front of the "Bowe is a #1 WR thread".

Watch the play again and tell me what you think. We needed about 3 yards, Bowe had the outside, and Cassel put the ball in a spot where it could have been caught if Bowe had broken off the pattern.

Hoover
11-28-2010, 08:15 PM
The crazy thing about Bowe is that he has nobody on the other side taking coverage away from him.

Pablo
11-28-2010, 08:15 PM
and to be an elite #1, what does he have to do?Get a doctorate in BioMechanical Engineering and get 23 sacks.

Short Leash Hootie
11-28-2010, 08:16 PM
The crazy thing about Bowe is that he has nobody on the other side taking coverage away from him.

well...in fairness...he does benefit from an unstoppable ground game

milkman
11-28-2010, 08:19 PM

I can only speculate, so either of us could be right, but I think that route calls for a sharp cut, and Bowe simply rounded it out, which leads to his head turning late.

Saul Good
11-28-2010, 08:23 PM
I can only speculate, so either of us could be right, but I think that route calls for a sharp cut, and Bowe simply rounded it out, which leads to his head turning late.

Yep. It was a lazy route. If you watch teams like the Patriots, Colts, Chargers, and Saints, you will see that their Receivers snap off those routes. It's a more advanced part of the passing game, and the Chiefs just aren't there yet. We are studying multiplication, and those teams are mastering calculus. Hopefully, we'll get there. If that's the biggest complaint about Cassel/Bowe today, we're in good shape.