PDA

View Full Version : Poop STOP APOLOGIZING TO THE REPOST POLICE

pr_capone
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
If I want to start a thread, I'm not going to do several pages of research to find out if the topic has been posted about. I'll just start it. If I want more attention on a topic that I don't want buried in the middle of a thread, or if there are two other threads with similar topics but it doesn't suit me...I'll start another. If there is exactly the same information as two other topics and I just want to piss off the critics...I'll start another. If you want to start a thread, start one.

/Dr. Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital--what is it?

Dr. Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

WebGem
11-28-2010, 09:10 PM
repost (someone said this inside another thread)

apologize now

DA_T_84
R

Pablo
If I want to start a thread, I'm not going to do several pages of research to find out if the topic has been posted about. I'll just start it. If I want more attention on a topic that I don't want buried in the middle of a thread, or if there are two other threads with similar topics but it doesn't suit me...I'll start another. If there is exactly the same information as two other topics and I just want to piss off the critics...I'll start another. If you want to start a thread, start one.

/Dr. Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital--what is it?

Dr. Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

O/U on the number of times noswad and pete re-post that joke in a brand new thread?

HotRoute
11-28-2010, 09:11 PM
E

Reaper16
11-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, then don't feel bad when people clutter up your new, extraneous thread with cries of "repost."

wazu
11-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Repping this. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK the repost Nazis!!!! Nothing more stifling to the natural flow of information.

DaFace
11-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Dude...the search function is fixed. It takes far less time to search for a topic than it is to start the topic itself.

Ugly Duck
11-28-2010, 09:18 PM
How about if we use this thread to pre-apologize for future repost infractions? I, for one, would like to apologize right now for my next repost that I'm certain to commit.

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Dude...the search function is fixed. It takes far less time to search for a topic than it is to start the topic itself.

I don't care. If I repost something and you don't like it....move on.

DaFace
11-28-2010, 09:22 PM

It wastes my time and the time of everyone else. So while you can feel free to post it, if you're too lazy to check and see if it's been posted before, I reserve the right to criticize you roundly for it. You don't like it? Don't post new threads.

Valiant
11-28-2010, 09:22 PM

True, but if the Original person used a ridiculous title that really did not have anything to do with the topic the search feature becomes useless..

thurman merman
11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
R

Wow. So funny.

DaFace
11-28-2010, 09:24 PM
True, but if the Original person used a ridiculous title that really did not have anything to do with the topic the search feature becomes useless..

That's a fair exception. But it seems like every week we have someone who reposts something that is literally on the front page and toward the top of the list. That's just pure lazy.

pr_capone
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
That's a fair exception. But it seems like every week we have someone who reposts something that is literally on the front page and toward the top of the list. That's just pure lazy.

Sure... it's fine and dandy to make sure that people know that the generally accepted courtesy is to do a search before you post something, especially breaking news type stuff. That said, is there really need to crucify a double poster unless said poster is a repeat offender.

DA_T_84
11-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow. So funny.

R

Gonzo
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Treading on thin ice there, buddy.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
11-28-2010, 09:30 PM
I think more threads need to be locked. This is one of them. Then, we should round the reposters and dumbposters up and put them in FEMA camps and put their families up for adoption.

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 09:31 PM

That's understandable, but I can't tell you how many threads that I read about a topic for the first time that maybe has been posted before, but I've not been on for a few days and again, I'm not going to move past the 1st or 2nd page at the most to find out information whether you think that is lazy or not. Also, it seems like a lot of the most interesting threads have to start with "sorry if this is a repost"....who cares?

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Treading on thin ice there, buddy.
Posted via Mobile Device

How do you figure?

Frankie
11-28-2010, 09:34 PM
If I want to start a thread, I'm not going to do several pages of research to find out if the topic has been posted about. I'll just start it. If I want more attention on a topic that I don't want buried in the middle of a thread, or if there are two other threads with similar topics but it doesn't suit me...I'll start another.

:thumb: :clap:

thurman merman
11-28-2010, 09:36 PM
You have to be on here 24 hours a day and/or a flaming homosexual to get pissed about reposts. Seriously. It's just childish. Move on.

DA_T_84
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
You have to be on here 24 hours a day and/or a flaming homosexual to get pissed about reposts. Seriously. It's just childish. Move on.

E

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 09:52 PM
:thumb:You have to be on here 24 hours a day and/or a flaming homosexual to get pissed about reposts. Seriously. It's just childish. Move on.ROFL

Baconeater
11-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Yep, it's like they don't even look. You do that and you're going to hear from me whether you like it or not.

wazu
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM

I always search, and then check page 1 and 2, but inevitably some fuckwad has a horrible thread title and manages to escape my search. Just hate to see the overly-apologetic, tentative culture develop around posting relatively new information.

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Yep, it's like they don't even look. You do that and you're going to hear from me whether you like it or not.

Well, I think I've started maybe 10 threads over 5 years. I'm not talking about situations where the topic is already posted on the front page. But I'm not trying to talk you into not letting us hear from you. I'm trying to encourage accidental reposters into ignoring you when we do. ;)

Gonzo
11-28-2010, 10:11 PM
How do you figure?

You're getting lippy with the guy that holds the ban button.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Or at the very least, can take one's thread starting privileges away.

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know who holds the ban button and who doesn't. I'm not trying to get lippy with anybody. It's irrelevant to me. If I get banned for these comments as opposed to some of the insulting stuff that I read on here, so be it. You can read my history (as boring as that may be), Just burned out on reading "sorry if this is a repost", as the first line to every interesting or breaking news topic.

crazycoffey
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't know who holds the ban button and who doesn't. I'm not trying to get lippy with anybody. It's irrelevant to me. If I get banned for these comments as opposed to some of the insulting stuff that I read on here, so be it. You can read my history (as boring as that may be), Just burned out on reading "sorry if this is a repost", as the first line to every interesting or breaking news topic.

lore like the Gaz option, touchy

Ugly Duck
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't know who holds the ban button and who doesn't. I'm not trying to get lippy with anybody.

I've had my eye on you, but so far you're doing OK. No worries just yet...

Baconeater
11-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree with most of what you are saying, and lord knows it's not hard to miss things here with as fast as things move at the time, but some judgment needs to be used when starting threads as well.

And I also have to say that spelling out R-E-P-O-S-T in consecutive posts is tired and obnoxious. Y'all need to knock that stupid shit off.

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 10:30 PM
I've had my eye on you, but so far you're doing OK. No worries just yet...

I appreciate that.

Ugly Duck
11-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I appreciate that.

No problemo....

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 10:31 PM
If you've had your eye on me, it's about as interesting as watching paint dry. I finally reached 1000 posts over a 5 year stretch and thought I was posting a lot.

Ugly Duck
11-28-2010, 10:33 PM
If you've had your eye on me, it's about as interesting as watching paint dry. I finally reached 1000 posts over a 5 year stretch and thought I was posting a lot.

Don't get lippy now... my trigger finger is getting mighty itchy...

Gonzo
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM

Dude, you're doing ok. I'm just screwing with ya. Yeah, I understand you're point about the occasional repost, (especially with obscure topics). However, on occasion it does get a little annoying when three or four people are in such a hurry to be the 1st to break a story on here that we get multiple threads on the same topic. A lot of the time the subject they're posting about is anywhere from 3-6 hours old and the individual is either too lazy or too stupid to check beforehand.
Another annoying repost habit here is when a hot subject that takes a while to develop has several threads started about it over a week or two, (See either Ty Law or the Jared Allen trade). I mean shit, we've been discussing the subject constantly for a week. Use the damn thread dedicated to said subject!
I'm sure you agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Don't get lippy now... my trigger finger is getting mighty itchy...

time to flick the bean?

KCBOSS1
11-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Dude, you're doing ok. I'm just screwing with ya. Yeah, I understand you're point about the occasional repost, (especially with obscure topics). However, on occasion it does get a little annoying when three or four people are in such a hurry to be the 1st to break a story on here that we get multiple threads on the same topic. A lot of the time the subject they're posting about is anywhere from 3-6 hours old and the individual is either too lazy or too stupid to check beforehand.
Another annoying repost habit here is when a hot subject that takes a while to develop has several threads started about it over a week or two, (See either Ty Law or the Jared Allen trade). I mean shit, we've been discussing the subject constantly for a week. Use the damn thread dedicated to said subject!
I'm sure you agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

Absolutely. I'm not in a "breaking news" catagory of poster. I'm more in the "old dude always interested in new Chiefs' news" catagory. It is annoying when people won't even read the first page. But that's usually not the case with the REPOST insult comments that I notice.

thurman merman
11-28-2010, 11:46 PM
And I also have to say that spelling out R-E-P-O-S-T in consecutive posts is tired and obnoxious. Y'all need to knock that stupid shit off.

Word up!

How can anyone possibly think that is cool, clever, or funny? Or what exactly are they going for there?

DaFace
11-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope no one actually thinks that I would ever ban someone for reposting something...

Frankie
11-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I appreciate that.

Don't worry. I'm keeping my eye on HIM!

Hog Farmer
11-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I'd like to just state that I rarely look past the first page. I figure I'm on here enough that if it isn't on the first page I've already read it. That being said , if someone reposts a topic what the hell does it hurt? does it really waste your time. I don't think so. Reposts are a part of the Planet and always will be so just enjoy them. pr has a point.

Bane
11-29-2010, 04:20 PM
It only bugs me when they apologize in advance for the possible repost.I love it when they say fuck off if repost.Automatic RED bomb from me for the apology.If you have time to tap out before hand,then you can take the heat.STAY DOWN BITCH!

Sully
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry.
(sorry if a repost)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bane
11-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry.
(sorry if a repost)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAM!!!!!!ROFL

J/K