PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos @ Chiefs at Arrowhead on Sunday

WebGem
11-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Thoughts? Predictions? Keys to victory? Revenge will be sweet.

The opening line per Pinnacle:

Denver +7 +105
Kansas City -7 -114

milkshock
11-29-2010, 01:21 AM
34-10 chiefs

Nightfyre
11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
I don't think Haley will take his foot off the gas for this one. Too bad I can't watch because of drill.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 04:36 AM
McDaniels needs to be fired... he's a joke. KC will win this one and it will be quite enjoyable for you guys.

Mojo Jojo
11-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Chiefs should win...better team at home & revenge. However this could backfire if they are looking forward to the Chargers. This is the type of game you need to stay focused or it may bite you in the ass.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Chiefs should win...better team at home & revenge. However this could backfire if they are looking forward to the Chargers. This is the type of game you need to stay focused or it may bite you in the ass.

After what happened 2 weeks ago? Really? No way. This team isn't salivating right now. They're foaming at the fucking mouth.

scho63
11-29-2010, 05:40 AM
We need to pound these guys into the dirt in preparation for San Diego. I may fly into Kansas City for my first visit to Arrowhead in my life from the East Coast for this one.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 05:43 AM
KC will win by 3 TDs... no reverse mojo. It's @ KC and McDaniels is a horrible coach - they lost at home to STL, previously winless on the road... horrible. McDaniels has driven the franchise into the ground in record time, losing 18 of the last 23.

Mojo Jojo
11-29-2010, 05:47 AM
After what happened 2 weeks ago? Really? No way. This team isn't salivating right now. They're foaming at the ****ing mouth.

The fans are foaming at the mouth, but just look at what SD did to Indy last night...don't you think Indy wanted to get back at SD. The team can't foam at the mouth or they will make dumb mistakes...stay focused and play your game you are the better team.

MichaelH
11-29-2010, 06:10 AM
If the Chiefs cannot win by 4 TD's and humiliate them the way they did to us two weeks ago, they have no business leading the division and thinking playoffs. They should hand San Diego the keys to the title as most pundits think they should have anyway.

Bane
11-29-2010, 06:14 AM
McDaniels needs to be fired... he's a joke. KC will win this one and it will be quite enjoyable for you guys.

McVideoTape should be signed to a multi year extension NOW!!!

notorious
11-29-2010, 06:55 AM
it will be quite enjoyable for you guys.

Nomally I would say it's just another division game, but I have to agree with your take on this one.

BUT, there is a reason they play the game. Denver exploited matchups against our defense, which was 100% healthy at the time. It is not going to be easy.

TheGuardian
11-29-2010, 06:58 AM
I HOPE we destroy Denver to the tune of 65-10 with Cassel still hitting Bowe for bombs late in the 4th.

Rausch
11-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Denver wins by 10...

Rudy lost the toss
11-29-2010, 07:01 AM
My Prediction?

Orton looks towards Carr

Earthling
11-29-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm just hoping Succop doesn't throw his leg out by having to kick so many extra point conversions.

yeti
11-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Nomally I would say it's just another division game, but I have to agree with your take on this one.

BUT, there is a reason they play the game. Denver exploited matchups against our defense, which was 100% healthy at the time. It is not going to be easy.

I think we were missing Lewis at safety....but still.

Los Pollos Hermanos
11-29-2010, 07:34 AM

Except we were playing with some guy off the street at safety that game.

beach tribe
11-29-2010, 07:37 AM
KC will win by 3 TDs... no reverse mojo. It's @ KC and McDaniels is a horrible coach - they lost at home to STL, previously winless on the road... horrible. McDaniels has driven the franchise into the ground in record time, losing 18 of the last 23.

Traded away your two best players for this.
No offense man. You're the coolest broncos fan I've ever. I really feel sorry for you. It sucks. We've been through it. You have your Herm now. Actually Herm didn't have any great players to trade away, but he he was the suck none the less. Can't say I wish you a speedy, Pioli like recovery, but I do feel your pain.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2010, 07:43 AM

Um...McGraw was out, and so was Lewis...our secondary was pretty young and inexperienced...moreso than normal. I get what you are saying, but to say we were 100% healthy is incorrect.

Bane
11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Would be nice to see us smash the Donks at Arrowhead and have the fans construct some makeshift video cameras in the stands to taunt them with.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Would be nice to see us smash the Donks at Arrowhead and have the fans construct some makeshift video cameras in the stands to taunt them with.

:LOL: Now that would be funny...

I really hope they fire McDaniels, eat the salary and move on. Hire a defensive minded HC, and a smart young OC to focus on offense.

The Broncos haven't had an identity on defense in ages - there are some solid young players on the defense, but they need an identity. Bring in a smart defensive guy to run the show and you'll keep a lot of the veterans that you want to bring back and you'll impress the fan base.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2010, 07:51 AM

I really hope they fire McDaniels, eat the salary and move on. Hire a defensive minded HC, and a smart young OC to focus on offense.

The Broncos haven't had an identity on defense in ages - there are some solid young players on the defense, but they need an identity. Bring in a smart defensive guy to run the show and you'll keep a lot of the veterans that you want to bring back and you'll impress the fan base.

So, do you think Bowlen will pull that trigger? Or does he get one more year after this?

...even with Dumerville coming back next year, you are right, you guys just don't have a defense. Lot's of good players, but no defensive unit.

Bane
11-29-2010, 07:53 AM

IMO it would be best for the Broncos in the long run,but I hope he stays forever!:thumb:

DMAC
11-29-2010, 07:54 AM
I'll be there. Hopefully the rest of the 12th man shows up as well.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 07:55 AM
So, do you think Bowlen will pull that trigger? Or does he get one more year after this?

...even with Dumerville coming back next year, you are right, you guys just don't have a defense. Lot's of good players, but no defensive unit.

I don't know... but, this debacle after the 6-0 fluke start is horrific. I agree that 2 seasons typically isn't enough time to see what a HC can do and for him to fully install his philosophy, but I think you change your thinking with that when there is no sign of hope or improvement.

I'm not saying that the trades are a bad thing - offensively, they're doing the same as they have been in previous years - even working in more than just the 1 WR. It's been a problem with the defense ... there is no identity. Special teams is mediocre.

Josh may be a good HC one day, but he's failed right now and needs to go back to being an OC for another few years and then try it again at HC if someone wants to give him a chance.

Go find a Gruden, Cowher... someone like that. If $ is a problem, find a top young gun that is ready to step up.

Denver looks a bit silly now for not looking deeper at Raheem Morris or giving Rex Ryan serious consideration.

Zeke
11-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Joe Mays. That's all I have to say.

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2010, 08:05 AM
We are truly pathetic. There is no way the Broncos win this game either.

Chiefs 37
Broncos 17

Bane
11-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Just for the record,I called for Dom Capers to replace McCamera about 2 weeks after he was hired by McBowlen.We need a poll for this.

Kyle DeLexus
11-29-2010, 08:09 AM

"He's getting a lot of heat now, but someone who knows coaches well predicted to me that McDaniels is going to be one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. Strong words, I know, and we'll see. But I think he's going to be a real good one".

RickObie
11-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Chiefs 31-17!

Revenge is sweet!!

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 08:47 AM
"He's getting a lot of heat now, but someone who knows coaches well predicted to me that McDaniels is going to be one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. Strong words, I know, and we'll see. But I think he's going to be a real good one".

Where is the twitter hound?

TheGuardian
11-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Joe Mays. That's all I have to say.

I hope someone ends his career Sunday.

notorious
11-29-2010, 09:03 AM
I think we were missing Lewis at safety....but still.

Except we were playing with some guy off the street at safety that game.

Um...McGraw was out, and so was Lewis...our secondary was pretty young and inexperienced...moreso than normal. I get what you are saying, but to say we were 100% healthy is incorrect.

You are correct gentlemen. My mistake.

Repressed memories lack accuracy in many cases LMAO.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2010, 09:13 AM

Blame the alcohol. It works for me...:thumb:

InChiefsHell
11-29-2010, 09:16 AM
I don't know... but, this debacle after the 6-0 fluke start is horrific. I agree that 2 seasons typically isn't enough time to see what a HC can do and for him to fully install his philosophy, but I think you change your thinking with that when there is no sign of hope or improvement.

I'm not saying that the trades are a bad thing - offensively, they're doing the same as they have been in previous years - even working in more than just the 1 WR. It's been a problem with the defense ... there is no identity. Special teams is mediocre.

Josh may be a good HC one day, but he's failed right now and needs to go back to being an OC for another few years and then try it again at HC if someone wants to give him a chance.

Go find a Gruden, Cowher... someone like that. If $ is a problem, find a top young gun that is ready to step up.

Denver looks a bit silly now for not looking deeper at Raheem Morris or giving Rex Ryan serious consideration.

Hey, Wade Phillips is available...oh wait...:p

Baconeater
11-29-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't care if we only win by 1, just win baby.

Zeke
11-29-2010, 09:18 AM
I hope someone ends his career Sunday.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OdgGb0bfnI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OdgGb0bfnI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

petegz28
11-29-2010, 09:19 AM

Our defense was NOT 100% healthy. Both Mcgraw and Lewis were out that game.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
we are going to have to outscore them since apparently our defense has taken an early vacation.

Crennel is going to have to retool the D and start bring some zone blitzes

notorious
11-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Our defense was NOT 100% healthy. Both Mcgraw and Lewis were out that game.

I agree in my FAIL.

petegz28
11-29-2010, 09:23 AM
I agree in my FAIL.

happens...

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 09:34 AM
What was so wrong with the hit on Moeaki?

InChiefsHell
11-29-2010, 09:40 AM

Nothing. It was legal and brutal...kinda like football is supposed to be.

I just hope someone nails HIM like that...

notorious
11-29-2010, 09:43 AM

Not a damn thing. I like that kind of aggression.

It sucks that it was our player that received the shot.

KCUnited
11-29-2010, 09:46 AM

He used our pillow case to wipe off with, perfectly acceptable.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Ok... just checking. :thumb:

talastan
11-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Hopefully Crennel goes after Orton early and often. They are going to try and repeat the same game plan as last time by jumping out to an early start IMO. Put Kyle Orton on his @ss a couple of times and then just control the clock. And don't try and match up to the donkeys passing game. Run Charles and Jones over and over. Then bring the PA pass. That is my opinion.

38yrsfan
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
This has the makings of a revenge blowout, depends on special teams play and a healthy secondary.

The Chiefs will win at home.

Slainte
11-29-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't care if we only win by 1, just win baby.

This.

I don't care about the revenge factor; I'm over the humiliation aspect of the ass kicking we took at Denver. A 72-0 win would be nice, but all I really care about is getting out of there with a win, since wins are things we're gonna have to stockpile to get to the playoffs, esp. if we lose to SD.

KCDC
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
From the Denver Post today:

Kiszla: McDaniels looks like a beaten man
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
Posted: 11/29/2010 01:00:00 AM MSTUpdated: 11/29/2010 07:29:43 AM MST

Even this hoodie-donning fan maintains that Josh McDaniels is not his coach, and a vote of unconfidence is rendered. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)It's a losing battle. With every misstep he makes and every embarrassing loss he takes, Josh McDaniels moves closer to the unemployment line.

In this football-crazy town, coaching the Broncos is a public trust that McDaniels has broken. He might be the most reviled man in Denver.

At the end of a weird 48 hours during which his integrity took a $50,000 hit to the wallet and his team was kicked in the gut by a 36-33 loss to St. Louis, I asked McDaniels if getting busted for secretly videotaping an NFL opponent's practice had undercut his authority with Denver coaches and players.

"I have no idea," McDaniels replied.

On another dark Sunday for the Broncos, McDaniels looked to be a beaten man.

How does McDaniels regain the trust of Bronco-maniacs?

He appears to have no clue.

The Broncos are a leaguewide joke. If you are going to cheat, as Denver did when it broke league rules by filming a San Francisco practice in London last month, you had better win.

McDaniels has lost 16 of the past 21 games.

Cheating is a forgivable sin. In a world where sportsmanship is often dismissed as a quaint anachronism, it's called seeking an edge.

But losers are absolutely not tolerated in professional athletics.

You can bet that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis don't want to fire McDaniels, hired less than two years ago to replace legendary coach Mike Shanahan. Admitting a mistake so quickly would be a huge embarrassment for the franchise.

But I frankly wonder if McDaniels would still be employed at Dove Valley this morning if his players had not demonstrated faith in their beleaguered coach. It would have been very easy to quit on McDaniels when the Broncos trailed St. Louis 33-13 in the third quarter and disgruntled fans fled Invesco Field at Mile High, emptying entire sections of the stadium with each pass completed by St. Louis quarterback Sam Bradford.

To suggest the Broncos rallied to save McDaniels' job, however, would be imagining motivation for players who were merely trying to avoid their own embarrassment.

"You just get that out of your head. There's nothing I can do about it. There's nothing our team can do about it. What we can do is go out and win a ballgame," Broncos defensive lineman Justin Bannan said, after a furious fourth-quarter comeback fell one scoring drive short.

Has it really come to this for a Denver team stuck with a 3-8 record? Should the Broncos be happy with refusing to quit?

"No, it is not a moral victory," said quarterback Kyle Orton, who threw for 347 yards and three touchdowns.

Remove all the emotion, and the decision to retain or dismiss McDaniels will come down to a simple matter of dollars and sense.

McDaniels will be owed approximately $6 million on his contract going forward, and Bowlen must also pay Shanahan in 2011. Revenue streams for the Broncos figure to be difficult to project, with the possibility of labor strife shutting down the league for at least a portion of next season. A new coach would be tempted to blow apart the Denver roster before quarterback Tim Tebow is even given a chance to lead the team.

If McDaniels is so bad for business, however, that the thousands of no-shows for the St. Louis game multiply for the final home dates against Houston and San Diego, then the math changes for the worse. The Broncos would be

Share Your Analysis

Post sports columnist Mark Kiszla fields your feedback. Look for it in Kickin' It With Kiz on Sundays.
forced to do some serious calculation on how much the city's ill will toward McDaniels is impacting the bottom line.

When the comeback against the Rams fell short, after nearly all his players had dressed and departed, McDaniels walked through a silent Denver locker room. He wore a backpack and a ball cap. A cellphone was stuck to his ear. Before going out the door, McDaniels stopped to scavenge the pizza boxes stacked on a table.

If you didn't know better, you would never guess this man was the coach of an NFL team.

Mark Kiszla: 303-954-1053 or mkiszla@denverpost.com

Read more: Kiszla: McDaniels looks like a beaten man - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16730985#ixzz16h2J2JrH
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Priest31kc
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
We're going to get sweet fucking revenge on these bastards. Arrowhead BETTER be packed and rockin like the Monday Night game for the last 3 home games. This team deserves it. This is the stretch run, and w/ SD only a game back, every game is a must win. And it starts Sunday. I hope we demolish them, but we just need the W. I will say this though, Brandon Flowers NEEDS to be back.

notorious
11-29-2010, 11:21 AM
"McDaniels will be owed approximately $6 million on his contract going forward, and Bowlen must also pay Shanahan in 2011."

That is horrible business. :facepalm: .........ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

ChiefsrGood
11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
lets do this!

lewdog
11-12-2011, 12:04 PM
lets do this!

This was from last year....this year is 2011.

3rd&48ers
11-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Donks by 10

O.city
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Faid should have lost to the Broncos 2 this year.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Donks by 10

Actually, they beat the Faid by 14. I know you are trying to forget it, but don't sell them short.

bevischief
11-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Tebow out in the first quarter.

Crush
11-12-2011, 04:06 PM
For a second, I thought that pedo came back.

GloryDayz
11-12-2011, 04:32 PM
All I know is I F*****g hate Denver. Since we're out of the race for a real QB, we might as well drive them into the ground and make them bleed...

KCrockaholic
11-12-2011, 04:45 PM
All I know is I F*****g hate Denver. Since we're out of the race for a real QB, we might as well drive them into the ground and make them bleed...

And fuck their sisters and moms.

GloryDayz
11-12-2011, 04:47 PM
And **** their sisters and moms.

In the butt with NO lube!! Dry!!!

Pablo
11-12-2011, 04:53 PM
In the butt with NO lube!! Dry!!!With a sawzall.

YEAH. FUCK YEAH.

boogblaster
11-12-2011, 07:22 PM
i really dont like dungver ....

InChiefsHell
11-14-2011, 06:12 AM
i really dont like dungver ....

I'm starting to feel that way about Kansas City.

Just kidding. Kinda.

This team pisses me off to no end. We had our fuggin' Superbowl on Monday night apparently. Then we get our shit pushed in by two teams at home who we should be able to beat. Hell, the Donks didn't even throw the ball 10 times. It's goddam embarrassing. I suspect we'll win a couple of crazy ass games against teams we should lose to, and that'll keep people hoping for the "future".

But when the Donkeys come in to your house after a humiliating loss to the Dolphins the week before...and they run up and down the field with ease all day...and your offense sucks balls...I just hate it. HATE IT!!

Von Dumbass
11-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Hell, the Donks didn't even throw the ball 10 times. It's goddam embarrassing.

Don't feel bad

My favorite stat today: since the 1978 rules changes, teams that throw 8 or fewer passes in a game are 11-0.

https://twitter.com/#!/MaxBroncos/status/136022616187215872