PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charlie Weis

Mr. Arrowhead
11-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I thought he easily called his best game of the year. He was mixing the run and the pass nicely, Seattle didnt know what we were doing. thoughts?

Fish
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
I really didn't see Weis calling the game any differently than previous games. We just executed much better this game. The running game was working well, and that relieved pressure on the entire rest of the offense. Cassel took it from there. The line wasn't even blocking that great. But all of our offensive playmakers were getting it done.

Playcalling is insignificant when we can execute like we did yesterday.

Sofa King
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Better than a kick in the dick. It was nice when he limited Jones after seeing how ineffective he was... and how very effective Bowe and Charles were

PhillyChiefFan
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
When is McCluster back?

Chief Henry
11-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Weis, Cassel and the chiefs looked good. Seattle was gawd awful in their tackling.

aturnis
11-29-2010, 11:00 AM
With all the talk of Haley vs. Weis, I wonder if Haley isn't getting his way more often these last few games.

Christofire
11-29-2010, 11:04 AM
I love our playbook right now. In a lot of cases (like the long Bowe TD) the play designs force the safeties to make a decision on which route they're going to cover and no matter what choice they make, they're wrong. On a related note, Cassel has to get a lot of credit for seeing the guy who is open as a result.

thebrad84
11-29-2010, 11:16 AM
When is McCluster back?

Everything I've read said he practiced last week, including a full practice on Friday...so, barring something bad happening in practice this week he should be a go against the donks.

LaChapelle
11-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Look what he did with Cassel
Assistant coach of the year

Rausch
11-29-2010, 11:38 AM
With all the talk of Haley vs. Weis, I wonder if Haley isn't getting his way more often these last few games.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

When Haley had the full run on offense we were a complete mess...

notorious
11-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Playcalling is insignificant when we can execute like we did yesterday.

This x 11tybillion.

Extra Point
11-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Seattle's ranking in defense was underlined yesterday. Payback at Arrowhead, the rest of the season, against everybody we play.

Charles off-tackle is easy to call, and I hope we call it, like a radio commercial for Don Chilitos.

penchief
11-29-2010, 11:49 AM
You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

When Haley had the full run on offense we were a complete mess...

You've got to be kidding, too. Judging Haley as an offensive coordinator by using last season's transition is hardly fair. I think the success the offense is starting to experience is due to the natural progression that has taken place over a long period of time. Weis is making a difference but that doesn't mean that we wouldn't be making strides without him.

The Rick
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Weis and Pete Carroll have (or at least had) a feud going on, so I expected Weiss would be really looking to put it to Seattle...

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/dec/07/sports/la-sp-charlie-weis-carroll7-2009dec07

Molitoth
11-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I still think when they put Thomas Jones in the game on first down... its a very predictable run up the middle. I wish this would stop.

Christofire
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I still think when they put Thomas Jones in the game on first down... its a very predictable run up the middle. I wish this would stop.

... unless they use it to set up play-action bombs. Then it's a brilliant move.

kysirsoze
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
He still hates running on third and short. Difference in this game was execution.

JD10367
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
When you have the top running game in the league, and your QB stops shitting his pants, and your best WR diminishes his butterfingers, it makes the offense look a whole lot better. I still don't think Weis is any sort of an offensive genius. But these arguments are always chicken-and-egg.

Rausch
11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
You've got to be kidding, too. Judging Haley as an offensive coordinator by using last season's transition is hardly fair. I think the success the offense is starting to experience is due to the natural progression that has taken place over a long period of time. Weis is making a difference but that doesn't mean that we wouldn't be making strides without him.

Gailey took poop from the neighbor's yard and passed it off as Halloween candy.

Haley yelled at the poop. The poop then sat there. The poop didn't do much. Then he started throwing the poop and then POOP WAS TEH EVERYWHERE! He made threats that he might start burning poop and tossing poop and.....

.....eh......

...No one gave a $#it.

Angry-Golf-boy threw all kinds of tantrums and once Pioli gave him a ligitimate OC and DC he started to seem like Norman fucking Einstein...

Pants
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Gailey took poop from the neighbor's yard and passed it off as Halloween candy.

Haley yelled at the poop. The poop then sat there. The poop didn't do much. Then he started throwing the poop and then POOP WAS TEH EVERYWHERE! He made threats that he might start burning poop and tossing poop and.....

.....eh......

...No one gave a $#it.

Angry-Golf-boy threw all kinds of tantrums and once Pioli gave him a ligitimate OC and DC he started to seem like Norman ****ing Einstein...

Ehhh, comon, you can't expect the team to perform smoothly with a brand new offensive scheme after they've been working on a different one the whole offseason.

Haley was at fault for firing Chan when he did, you can't blame him for anything else. In hindsight, Haley did the right thing. Genius, really.

Rausch
11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Ehhh, comon, you can't expect the team to perform smoothly with a brand new offensive scheme after they've been working on a different one the whole offseason.

They dropped Haley's in one offseason and look spec-****ing-tacular afterwards...

Haley was at fault for firing Chan when he did, you can't blame him for anything else. In hindsight, Haley did the right thing. Genius, really.

STUPID, really.

He wanted who he has now and sacrificed a year of possible competitive football after he/Pioli didn't get him.

A ****ing Herm-style WASTED year.

Stupidity. I'd say ego and stupidity.

Frosty
11-29-2010, 02:09 PM
This isn't really on Weis, but you have to wonder why this team can't execute a screen to save their lives? Is it because teams stack the line?

OTOH, it was nice to see the slants and play action passes back.