starting left tackle out
Right tackle moved to left tackle
backup OT hasn't played much all year, starts at RT

key positions and they stepped up

42 points
270 rushing yards
233 passing yards
0 sacks

If it wasn't for Barry Richardson's occasional stupidity it would of been a fairly mistake free game for this makeshift Oline.

All i've heard since they day O'callaghan came to the chiefs was "he sucks and will never be able to play OT" "O'Failahan" "O'Suckahan" "O'Failagain".

Well, Ryan O'callaghan play a decent right tackle for us against Seattle and helped get us an important road win.

props to Richardson and O'callaghan for finding a way to get the job done. :clap:

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Bumped for Sac ;)

Pawnmower
11-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Bumping for the trenches!!!!

We need to keep on the drive to make our trenches > their trenches

Saccopoo
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Bumping for the trenches!!!!

We need to keep on the drive to make our trenches > their trenches

That would entail spending a draft pick or five getting quality players in the trenches.

The stat line is the most convoluted pile of monkey shit ever in trying to justify the offensive line's overall abilities and performance week in and week out. If it wasn't for Weigmann, Weis and Cassel actually doing what he's been told and getting rid of the ball on 1.5 step drops and an incredibly talented and elusive running back in Charles, this would be the single biggest area of concern for the Chiefs. And it still should be. Albert, Richardson and Seamus O'Murphy have no business starting in the NFL as tackles.

They will have to draft, at minimum, a center and a guy capable of switch hitting at tackle in this next draft for the Chiefs to be competitive in the next several seasons. A solid possession receiver, OLB, LDE (or NT depending on where they are comfortable playing Smith, who, along with Weigmann, have been the saving graces of this team this season) and CB (Carr, who I had hope for, is getting beat more often than not and should be the dime back for this team versus the #2 corner) along with a competent QB should also be considered priorities.

If they didn't screw the pooch so badly with the 2009 draft, this team would be substantially further along than it is right now.

This offensive line outside of Weigmann (and perhaps Lilja) sucks dog nuts. That's a fact.

Pawnmower
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
This offensive line outside of Weigmann (and perhaps Lilja) sucks dog nuts. That's a fact.

Is Weigmann going to play next season for sure (if there is a 2011?)

Pawnmower
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
That would entail spending a draft pick or five getting quality players in the trenches.

You are preaching to the Choir!! Preach on Sac!

Saccopoo
11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Is Weigmann going to play next season for sure (if there is a 2011?)

I would assume so as he's playing at the same level (or pretty freaking close to it) as he was back in the glory days of the early '00's. However, he's in his late 30's and the potential for injury and faster wear down during the course of the season gets greater and greater each subsequent year.

And let's face it, Niswanger isn't good. In fact, he's horrible.

This is a good draft for centers (though not much else on the offensive line) with Wisnewski, O'Dowd, Baxter, Taylor among others being pretty solid players with a lot of pro potential. I would hope that they address the position and get Casey's eventual replacement into the system so he's ready to go when Weigmann retires in the next couple of seasons.

OnTheWarpath58
11-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Bumped for Sac ;)

I still disagree with his thoughts on drafting Okung at 5, but I have to admit, his boy took care of business yesterday.

Pawnmower
11-29-2010, 05:19 PM
This is a good draft for centers (though not much else on the offensive line) with Wisnewski, O'Dowd, Baxter, Taylor among others being pretty solid players with a lot of pro potential. I would hope that they address the position and get Casey's eventual replacement into the system so he's ready to go when Weigmann retires in the next couple of seasons.

Thats cool...I hope so too.

Brock
11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
This guy sounds like the dipshit who was blaming the OL for Larry Johnson not being able to run anymore.

Claynus
11-29-2010, 05:31 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/dokvoz.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/dyxcok.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/vxyh6s.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/dr8lx.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/azfpdj.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/34sl6hs.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2md0ysx.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
11-29-2010, 05:32 PM
pwned.

the Talking Can
11-29-2010, 05:34 PM
saccofbats is a die hard....i give him that

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Wiegmann is, arguably, the worst player on the line. It just so happens that he's so much better than Niswanger that we overlook it. We routinely get killed on third and short because he gets annihilated at the point of attack.

OnTheWarpath58
11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Wiegmann is, arguably, the worst player on the line. It just so happens that he's so much better than Niswanger that we overlook it. We routinely get killed on third and short because he gets annihilated at the point of attack.

Agreed.

Of course I'm assuming you're comparing the regular 5 starters.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Agreed.

Of course I'm assuming you're comparing the regular 5 starters.

Yeah.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I still disagree with his thoughts on drafting Okung at 5, but I have to admit, his boy took care of business yesterday.

He played very well yesterday. Can't argue that.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
...and Gif Horse layeth the hammer down on the pooman ROFL

googlegoogle
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Cassell bailed them out on one play when he was about to be sacked and did his Vick impression.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
You're right Saccoshit, the line sucks.

It's #1 in rushing yards and #4 in sacks allowed.

Give it the fuck up already. You are John Proctor without the war medals. You're the fucking zit on the back of the guy's neck in Bugeater's thread. Someone should pop your ass and put you out of your own fucking misery.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2010, 09:54 PM

The stat line is the most convoluted pile of monkey shit ever in trying to justify the offensive line's overall abilities and performance week in and week out. If it wasn't for Weigmann, Weis and Cassel actually doing what he's been told and getting rid of the ball on 1.5 step drops and an incredibly talented and elusive running back in Charles, this would be the single biggest area of concern for the Chiefs. And it still should be. Albert, Richardson and Seamus O'Murphy have no business starting in the NFL as tackles.

They will have to draft, at minimum, a center and a guy capable of switch hitting at tackle in this next draft for the Chiefs to be competitive in the next several seasons. A solid possession receiver, OLB, LDE (or NT depending on where they are comfortable playing Smith, who, along with Weigmann, have been the saving graces of this team this season) and CB (Carr, who I had hope for, is getting beat more often than not and should be the dime back for this team versus the #2 corner) along with a competent QB should also be considered priorities.

So basically, stats suck. Throw out rushing yards, and sacks allowed for lineman.

I'd love to fucking know how else to measure lineman then because you obviously have different criteria. You keep moving the bar for dumbass of the fucking century.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2010, 09:55 PM
This guy sounds like the dipshit who was blaming the OL for Larry Johnson not being able to run anymore.

Probably a mult or a relative.

milkman
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
So basically, stats suck. Throw out rushing yards, and sacks allowed for lineman.

I'd love to ****ing know how else to measure lineman then because you obviously have different criteria. You keep moving the bar for dumbass of the ****ing century.

Sac is totally out there with his opinion.

This line isn't playing nearly as poorly as he tries to paint it.

However, there is some truth to be found there.

The sacks are low partly because Cassel has been getting the ball out quickly for the most part, and Charles is elusive and has picked yards on his own.

The O-Line is doing a credible job, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

And my boy Albert has not progressed nearly as much as I had hoped he would.

DaneMcCloud
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM

The sacks are low partly because Cassel has been getting the ball out quickly for the most part, and Charles is elusive and has picked yards on his own.

The O-Line is doing a credible job, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

And with all of that said (and I'm in agreement), this means the Chiefs are moving forward as a football team.

They should spend high draft choices on playmakers on both sides of the ball, and the rest will shake out.

Teams don't win Super Bowls with five first round draft choices on the O-line and three or four on the D-line.

It's all about the perimeter players and it's seemed to work out just fine this year.

OnTheWarpath58
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
And with all of that said (and I'm in agreement), this means the Chiefs are moving forward as a football team.

They should spend high draft choices on playmakers on both sides of the ball, and the rest will shake out.

Teams don't win Super Bowls with five first round draft choices on the O-line and three or four on the D-line.

It's all about the perimeter players and it's seemed to work out just fine this year.

After the Tyson Jackson debacle, I'd prefer this regime to never take a DL high in the draft.

Jesus, imagine the production from any other player we could have taken there and add it to this roster.

milkman
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM

Yeah, I'm not suggesting that we have to draft linemen.

Just trying to be fair.

What I would really like to see, other than picking up a center and more depth in the draft, is to hire a line coach who can actually teach.

googlegoogle
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
The Oline dominated. They were amazing.

DaneMcCloud
11-29-2010, 10:31 PM
After the Tyson Jackson debacle, I'd prefer this regime to never take a DL high in the draft.

Jesus, imagine the production from any other player we could have taken there and add it to this roster.

I've mentioned it ad nauseam while you were on haitus. Oher, Maclin, Harvin, Freeman, Raji, Mack, Orapko, Davis, Crabtree and even Pettigrew all would have made a major impact not only in 2009 but in 2010.

And as much as I was "okay" with McCluster & Arenas (Arenas moreso because of the Ronde Barber comparison), Koa Misi opposite Hali could have been a difference maker in a few losses this year.

Saccopoo
11-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Yes we do. And I pointed this out before the season started. We were going to be less than good on short down running situations. Casey was never a short yardage power player and worked his best stuff pulling off guard behind Shields, but he's still very effective in his leverage and routing. One of the best centers of his generation, especially playing next to a power guard (look at the resurgence of Waters since his return) and very underrated.

And he is, without question, the best player on the offensive line. You think he gets annihilated at the point of attack? Go ask Aubrayo Franklin about the point of attack against Casey Weigmann.

I'd argue that it's the guards that are having more problems holding the point of attack in short yardage situations than Weigmann. It's why the Colts fired Lilja and why Waters looks like he's trapped in molasses half the time.

Saccopoo
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
pwned.

Dude...the Seahawks are starting Junior Siavii at defensive tackle. Again...starting...Junior...Siavii.

They may have the worst defensive line in football.

That's not pwnd. That's our pile of dog shit didn't stink as bad as their pile of dog shit.

Saccopoo
11-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I've mentioned it ad nauseam while you were on haitus. Oher, Maclin, Harvin, Freeman, Raji, Mack, Orapko, Davis, Crabtree and even Pettigrew all would have made a major impact not only in 2009 but in 2010.

And as much as I was "okay" with McCluster & Arenas (Arenas moreso because of the Ronde Barber comparison), Koa Misi opposite Hali could have been a difference maker in a few losses this year.

Bingo.

baitism
11-29-2010, 10:46 PM
He played very well yesterday. Can't argue that.

What O-Lineman doesn't play well against us?

bsp4444
11-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Dude...the Seahawks are starting Junior Siavii at defensive tackle. Again...starting...Junior...Siavii.

They may have the worst defensive line in football.

That's not pwnd. That's our pile of dog shit didn't stink as bad as their pile of dog shit.

And 9-2 Atlanta is starting Will Svitek. Point?

Pushead2
11-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Our line is getting it done.....is it perfect? Of course not, but it's going in the right direction.

petegz28
11-30-2010, 04:45 AM

I wouldn't say he is the worst. Just the worst when we have to power run for short yardage. In other situations he is fine.

Extra Point
11-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Our line is getting it done.....is it perfect? Of course not, but it's going in the right direction.

This. Shoulda-Coulda-Woulda: The draftabulators' fraternity. Get off your highs.

patteeu
11-30-2010, 07:58 AM

I agree with this. The line has trouble with good pass rushing defenses and their lack of power gets exposed anytime the Chiefs try to run in short yardage situations. They can be proud of how much improvement they've accomplished over last year but they still have plenty of work to do.

Chiefnj2
11-30-2010, 08:04 AM
The OL is average and key pieces are old and need replacing. If KC is picking toward the end of the first round and the best player available is a center, then take him.

SNR
11-30-2010, 08:08 AM
And 9-2 Atlanta is starting Will Svitek. Point?Wait? What? Are you serious? I thought that guy killed himself when even Vermeil abandoned hope on him

the Talking Can
11-30-2010, 08:18 AM

Albert is good enough, even if he only marginally improves from here on.

Which is the point saccofbats refuses to acknowledge. You don't, in fact, need Roaf or Okung to build a championship team. Your QB will be good enough to compensate, by default, if he is good enough to lead a championship caliber squad.

We need to remake our interior, without question. And I'm fine with upgrading our RT, though, honestly, I think he can be good enough too.

Our offense wouldn't be any better than it is if we had drafted Okung. Our defense would be worse without Berry, who in spite of getting quite publicly burnt several times has made numerous great plays, is a monster against the run, and is not currently the liability in our secondary (hello Lewis showing up late repeatedly against the Seahawks...)

Coogs
11-30-2010, 08:29 AM
I guess I am not as concerned about the interior of our future offensive line as some here are. With Lilja, Asamoah, and Harris, I can see three guys that could anchor for several years.

If they decide to draft interior linemen... fine, I just don't see it as high priority right now.

patteeu
11-30-2010, 08:33 AM
I guess I am not as concerned about the interior of our future offensive line as some here are. With Lilja, Asamoah, and Harris, I can see three guys that could anchor for several years.

If they decide to draft interior linemen... fine, I just don't see it as high priority right now.

Which one of those guys is going to play center when Weigman hangs it up? Or are you just talking about guards?

L.A. Chieffan
11-30-2010, 08:37 AM
maybe our line isnt the best but okung looked like shit, ill tell you that much

the Talking Can
11-30-2010, 08:37 AM

we need a stud center...and I like Harris but he remains a hope and a rumor at this point...Asamoah looked good to me when he played, so we are fine whereever he lines up, imo

Cave Johnson
11-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Oh Saccoshit, don't ever change.

Which one of those guys is going to play center when Weigman hangs it up? Or are you just talking about guards?

Asamoah can theoretically play C, but he looked better suited to guard in the games he started.

Saccopoo
11-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Asamoah can theoretically play C, but he looked better suited to guard in the games he started.

?

You, theoretically, can be president.

Asamoah has never played center. He's been a guard his entire career. Why try to shoehorn some guy into a slot he's never played when you can simply draft a quality player at that position and not have to worry about learning the nuances of the job on the fly?

So we can draft another cornerback who sucks? Yippee.

milkman
11-30-2010, 10:22 AM
?

You, theoretically, can be president.

Asamoah has never played center. He's been a guard his entire career. Why try to shoehorn some guy into a slot he's never played when you can simply draft a quality player at that position and not have to worry about learning the nuances of the job on the fly?

So we can draft another cornerback who sucks? Yippee.

The line does still need to improve, and center is certainly a priority as we move forward, but you're like the little boy that cries wolf.

Brock
11-30-2010, 10:23 AM
See? See how awful the offensive line is? We should be leading the league in rushing and not getting Cassel killed, just like I warned you guys about! See?