PDA

View Full Version : Football My Broncos' Christmas Wish

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 12:24 PM
I know - it's rivalry week, but I'm at the point where I just want to hear that McDaniels is fired.

Aside from the typical names you hear... I think I'd like to fully support the candidacy of Ron Rivera as the next Head Coach for the Denver Broncos.

Hire Rivera - let him reshape and mold this team, primarily the defense, in his image. Denver has lacked a defensive identity and consistent philosophy for a very long time. Bring this guy in and let him give it a try... let him retain Martindale if he chooses, or just start over.

Let him bring in an offensive guy that can work with the weapons they have on offense. Offensively, sure they could use a legit TE and another RB, but offense is not really the concern for me.

It's all about Defense and Special Teams ... leadership comes from the Head Coach - I think the fans would support a hire like Ron Rivera - his defenses give him everything that he asks for and he's earned his shot.

Ron Rivera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Rivera

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R0VvceupTJA/TH0JfjQqxuI/AAAAAAAAABM/zMMkD-GJRZU/s1600/ron+rivera.jpg

"My name is Mile High Mania and I approve this message..."

WebGem
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Paying 3 coaches during a lockout season would be pretty funny.

KCtotheSB
We should purposely lose to the Broncos again so that McDaniels stays.

notorious
If feel your pain........but no, McDaniels is owed some money and Shanny is still receiving a paycheck, too.

We suffered through Herm an extra year, and it sucks, but there will be a light at the end of the tunnel in 2012.

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Ron Rivera to the Donks!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
Good luck with that but I'd bet he'd rather run his dick back and forth across a coarse cheese grater.

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
We should purposely lose to the Broncos again so that McDaniels stays.

Pioli should have dinner with McBowlen and vouch for Camera guy.:thumb:

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Ron Rivera to the Donks!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
Good luck with that but I'd bet he'd rather run his dick back and forth across a coarse cheese grater.

Enh, don't think that is the case. I think Pat would lose money by not firing Josh. Bite the bullet and move on.

LaChapelle
11-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Jeff Fisher is perfect
Mediocre winning record
Dirty players

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Enh, don't think that is the case. I think Pat would lose money by not firing Josh. Bite the bullet and move on.

I mean as far as landing Rivera.Obviously running McCamera out of town is the best thing for the Broncos.:rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I mean as far as landing Rivera.Obviously running McCamera out of town is the best thing for the Broncos.:rolleyes:

I know... I was referring to the cheese grater option.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 12:40 PM
:LOL:

I had not seen this before... http://www.firejoshmcdanielsnow.com/

Bane

It's gonna cost McBowlen.Clean up for a train wreck like that will not come @ $3 mil a year like McCamera did.

notorious

LMAO

FD
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Would they still have to pay McDaniels? I thought that was only if he gets fired "without cause", and Spygate II would qualify as "cause."

Ultimately he would still sue for his money and they would likely settle.

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
:LOL:

I had not seen this before... http://www.firejoshmcdanielsnow.com/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

www.keepjoshmcdaniels.com

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:42 PM

I still say Rivera would rather fuck the cheese grater.

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Let my boy JMcD do his job a little longer. Damn bro.

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM

Yes THIS!!!!!At least 20 more years.

LaChapelle
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Joshie would be a kick ass OC
but after ratting out Belichick
he could be blackballed

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Joshie would be a kick ass OC
but after ratting out Belichick
he could be blackballed

Only under BB.Anywhere else he will be just as lost as he is now.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM

I question the sanity of any true Broncos' fan that wants him to maintain his job.

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
I question the sanity of any true Broncos' fan that wants him to maintain his job.

But he is so right.Give the guys a chance why don't ya!ROFL

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 12:48 PM

You just need to wait it out, sure he has done a bad job of late. But we gotta see what this team can do when we're not pretenders bro. The team we've had has been terrible for so long. 2 drafts isn't going to fix that. If we can get a D that doesn't allow a thousand points in the first half then we might be contenders for our division again.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
You just need to wait it out, sure he has done a bad job of late. But we gotta see what this team can do when we're not pretenders bro. The team we've had has been terrible for so long. 2 drafts isn't going to fix that. If we can get a D that doesn't allow a thousand points in the first half then we might be contenders for our division again.

So basically...

You are a shitty football team.

And you don't want to judge a coach until you seem him with a football team that is not shitty. Until then...you should give him time.

I like you. I like the sound of that cycle.

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM

WIN!!!

rep
Best Bronco fan EVAR!!!!!!

notorious
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM

KnowMo lite?

KCtotheSB
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM

Oh you guys will certainly contend....

...for 3rd place with Oakland.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Wade Phillips took over for Reeves in 1993 after Reeves finished at 8-8, following a 12-4 campaign in 1991.

Phillips went 16-16 (9-7 / 7-9) in his 2 years as Denver's coach and he was replaced because Bowlen wanted Shanahan, and rightfully so.

McDaniels is the worst coach the Broncos have had since the NFL/AFL merger and at this current pace, McDaniels would need another 2 seasons to reach and maintain a .500 record. Yes, he's only 5 under .500 right now, but he can't spell the word victory at this point in time.

If .500 wasn't good enough for Wade... .407 is certainly not good enough for McDaniels. It's time for this ship to sail.

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
So basically...

You are a shitty football team.

And you don't want to judge a coach until you seem him with a football team that is not shitty. Until then...you should give him time.

I like you. I like the sound of that cycle.

What's your angle?

IDK if you guys truly are agreeing with more or it's more of a "HERR LOL KEEP MCDANIELLAZ CUZ HE SUK STOOPD!" kind of thing...

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Wade Phillips took over for Reeves in 1993 after Reeves finished at 8-8, following a 12-4 campaign in 1991.

Phillips went 16-16 (9-7 / 7-9) in his 2 years as Denver's coach and he was replaced because Bowlen wanted Shanahan, and rightfully so.

McDaniels is the worst coach the Broncos have had since the NFL/AFL merger and at this current pace, McDaniels would need another 2 seasons to reach and maintain a .500 record. Yes, he's only 5 under .500 right now, but he can't spell the word victory at this point in time.

If .500 wasn't good enough for Wade... .407 is certainly not good enough for McDaniels. It's time for this ship to sail.

Yes,but he needs at least 10-15 more years to know for sure.:thumb:

Frankie
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I know - it's rivalry week, but I'm at the point where I just want to hear that McDaniels is fired.

Aside from the typical names you hear... I think I'd like to fully support the candidacy of Ron Rivera as the next Head Coach for the Denver Broncos.

Your owner is enamored by Offensive coaches, it seems.

Frankie
11-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Your owner is enamored by Offensive coaches, it seems.

And BTW, your current coach is pretty offensive.

Frankie
11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
And BTW, your current coach is pretty offensive.

Dammit, I shouldn't say that about our next QB coach. :p

KCtotheSB
11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
What's your angle?

IDK if you guys truly are agreeing with more or it's more of a "HERR LOL KEEP MCDANIELLAZ CUZ HE SUK STOOPD!" kind of thing...

HERR LOL KEEP MCDANIELLAZ CUZ HE SUK STOOPD!

Bane
11-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Dammit, I shouldn't say that about our next QB coach.

Just like Boldin,and T.O,I say McCamera will never be a Chief.

Brock
11-29-2010, 12:57 PM
What's your angle?

You're obviously less intelligent than you think.

Brock
11-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Dammit, I shouldn't say that about our next QB coach. :p

you think Haley would let a slimy backstabber like McDaniel in the door? No.

WebGem
11-29-2010, 12:58 PM
LOL This Awesome Aric guy has to be like 15 years old. Max.

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 12:59 PM

Cause my name sounds immature?

WebGem
11-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Cause my name sounds immature?

No, because I read through this thread. I didn't even know your name sounded immature, but your parents spelled it wrong.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 01:01 PM

What world do you live in? Better question - how long have you been a Denver fan?

Two drafts certainly won't fix their problems defensively... especially when a lot of the picks are spent on OFFENSE, replacing starters you've traded away.

You don't package picks to move up and take a QB when it isn't a need and he isn't ready. You don't package up picks to trade up and snag a CB and then give up and run a year later.

In 2009, Denver had 10 draft picks - 4 of those were Defense and Alphonso is gone.

In 2010, Denver had 9 draft picks - 3 of those were Defense and they didn't select their first defensive guy until R5.

McDaniels and Xanders just suck...

Frosty
11-29-2010, 01:01 PM
My Christmas wishlist for the Broncos is a contract extension for McDaniels and Tebow starting at QB. :p

Frankie
11-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Just like Boldin,and T.O,I say McCamera will never be a Chief.

That's probably true. I was just pointing outt his best level of quality.

Awesome Aric
What world do you live in? Better question - how long have you been a Denver fan?

Two drafts certainly won't fix their problems defensively... especially when a lot of the picks are spent on OFFENSE, replacing starters you've traded away.

You don't package picks to move up and take a QB when it isn't a need and he isn't ready. You don't package up picks to trade up and snag a CB and then give up and run a year later.

In 2009, Denver had 10 draft picks - 4 of those were Defense and Alphonso is gone.

In 2010, Denver had 9 draft picks - 3 of those were Defense and they didn't select their first defensive guy until R5.

McDaniels and Xanders just suck...

Good job Capt. Hindsight.

Bane
My Christmas wishlist for the Broncos is a contract extension for McDaniels and Tebow starting at QB. :p

Yes to the extension but no to Lord Tebow.He may actually give the fan base something to cheer for.

Rausch
11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Negative BB mojo is no roadblock for destiny...

Bowser
11-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Josh McKiffin

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Denver is contending for a Top 8 draft pick in 2011... that just sickens me.

McDaniels needs to be thrown out... Denver is 6-8 at Home during his tenure, that's just horrible.

Bane
11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Josh McKiffin
That's a low blow to Mr Kiffin.ROFL

McDaniels needs to be thrown out... Denver is 6-8 at Home during his tenure, that's just horrible.

He can ruin one more draft PLEASE LORD TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Good job Capt. Hindsight.

I've always been a realist and I can say with 100% certainty that I cursed those two picks (Tebow and Smith) when they were made.

The defense has sucked in Denver for a long time... and much of that is because of the numerous misses in the draft.

Pat Bowlen has a decision to make - continue on with the death spiral that is currently happening, taking this once proud franchise to the levels of the Bills, Lions and Bengals. Or, admit the mistake, cut your losses and move on with a DIFFERENT philosophy.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Jeff Fisher is perfect
Mediocre winning record
Dirty players

Jeff Fisher is another version of Reeves, Marty and Norv with a better personality and mustache. Good coach, great guy and you'll win a lot of games, but no real titles to point to when it's all over. Fisher has a lot of regular season wins, under .500 in the playoffs (5-6) and that's about it. Sixteen seasons (not counting the interim) and six playoff appearances... bravo.

Hoover
11-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm told that Greg Robinson never sold his house and Denver and it is being reported that he's been seen moving his stuff back in. At least this is what Charlie Weis told me when I saw him waining in line for a scooter at HyVee this morning.

Frosty
11-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Yes to the extension but no to Lord Tebow.He may actually give the fan base something to cheer for.

But how fun would it be to see those hopes cruelly dashed when Tebow proves to be nothing more than a gimmick QB?

Frankie
11-29-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm told that Greg Robinson never sold his house and Denver and it is being reported that he's been seen moving his stuff back in. At least this is what Charlie Weis told me when I saw him waining in line for a scooter at HyVee this morning.

:LOL:. I will believe in Football gods if this came to pass.

Awesome Aric
I've always been a realist and I can say with 100% certainty that I cursed those two picks (Tebow and Smith) when they were made.

The defense has sucked in Denver for a long time... and much of that is because of the numerous misses in the draft.

Pat Bowlen has a decision to make - continue on with the death spiral that is currently happening, taking this once proud franchise to the levels of the Bills, Lions and Bengals. Or, admit the mistake, cut your losses and move on with a DIFFERENT philosophy.

Well if that's how you feel, and I don't really blame you. Then go ahead. All I'm saying is putting the team down doesn't really help at all. I can't blame you or other fans who are mad at the direction the team has took and I'm aware of the bad decisions. But when it comes to the Denver Broncos I'm gonna be a fan forever. I was mad when JC was traded. Brandon Marshall too. But what can ya do?

I'm a little buzzed so I don't think I even said anything relevant just now so excuse me, please. I'm gonna post this anyway though.:drool:

Mile High Mania
But how fun would it be to see those hopes cruelly dashed when Tebow proves to be nothing more than a gimmick QB?

Tebow's best hope is for Denver to fire McD and bring in Gruden.

Frankie
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Tebow's best hope is for Denver to fire McD and bring in Gruden.

Gruden is spoken for. U of Miami.

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 01:21 PM

That was proven false I believe.

Bane
11-29-2010, 01:22 PM

Not so fast quick draw.Gruden says otherwise,even if only for now.

Bane
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM

Would be better if he won his first start and then Donk nation got back behind McCamera and we got to witness the continued destruction.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Well if that's how you feel, and I don't really blame you. Then go ahead. All I'm saying is putting the team down doesn't really help at all. I can't blame you or other fans who are mad at the direction the team has took and I'm aware of the bad decisions. But when it comes to the Denver Broncos I'm gonna be a fan forever. I was mad when JC was traded. Brandon Marshall too. But what can ya do?

I'm a little buzzed so I don't think I even said anything relevant just now so excuse me, please. I'm gonna post this anyway though.:drool:

You're buzzed at 1pm on a Monday?

Anyway - I've been a diehard Broncos' fan for over 2 decades. I'm in it for the long haul which is why I'm furious and done with McDaniels. Denver has been a pretty stable organization for a long time. And, that is changing quickly - I don't like it.

I am not putting down the team... I can't imagine what it's like to be on the team right now. They haven't quit yet and that's incredibly admirable. It's been a never ending circus of craziness since the hiring of McDaniels - it just doesn't seem to end. It's as if every few weeks, there is a new controversy.

Denver has a lot of talent, but they have just as many issues that need to be corrected. Shanahan's time ran out - it happens and he needed the time away from the game. They just chose poorly when selecting McDaniels and saddling him up with a GM that was equally as inexperienced.

Bottom line - it's a failed experiment that needs to stop. We're wasting the careers of a number of players right now. That defense is very old and there are not a lot of great options waiting to step up... it's the same thing that they've gone through the last few seasons. And why? They don't have a consistent philosophy on defense...

Offense hasn't been the problem for the most part - they were always able to move the ball and score when it mattered. But, defensively... it's a mess.

McDaniels (in almost record time) has incredibly overhauled this roster that has the same issues and worse record than the team he took over. So, he has recreated this team in his own image and it sucks. They are not progressing...

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 01:30 PM
You're buzzed at 1pm on a Monday?

Anyway - I've been a diehard Broncos' fan for over 2 decades. I'm in it for the long haul which is why I'm furious and done with McDaniels. Denver has been a pretty stable organization for a long time. And, that is changing quickly - I don't like it.

I am not putting down the team... I can't imagine what it's like to be on the team right now. They haven't quit yet and that's incredibly admirable. It's been a never ending circus of craziness since the hiring of McDaniels - it just doesn't seem to end. It's as if every few weeks, there is a new controversy.

Denver has a lot of talent, but they have just as many issues that need to be corrected. Shanahan's time ran out - it happens and he needed the time away from the game. They just chose poorly when selecting McDaniels and saddling him up with a GM that was equally as inexperienced.

Bottom line - it's a failed experiment that needs to stop. We're wasting the careers of a number of players right now. That defense is very old and there are not a lot of great options waiting to step up... it's the same thing that they've gone through the last few seasons. And why? They don't have a consistent philosophy on defense...

Offense hasn't been the problem for the most part - they were always able to move the ball and score when it mattered. But, defensively... it's a mess.

McDaniels (in almost record time) has incredibly overhauled this roster that has the same issues and worse record than the team he took over. So, he has recreated this team in his own image and it sucks. They are not progressing...

I agree 100%. I just take a different perspective.

and I don't drink I'm a heavy smoker.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I agree 100%. I just take a different perspective.

and I don't drink I'm a heavy smoker.

Ahh... well, I'm still not sure what perspective you take if you agree 100%.

Are you willing to ride it out another season and hope things change for the better? If things were gradually improving, taking baby steps towards greatness I could agree. But, they're not...

Kudos for making Orton/Lloyd a lethal and productive combination... but there are a number of great OC's that could likely do the very same thing. McDaniels hasn't proven that he is a good game planner - game manager - or judge of talent.

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Ahh... well, I'm still not sure what perspective you take if you agree 100%.

Are you willing to ride it out another season and hope things change for the better? If things were gradually improving, taking baby steps towards greatness I could agree. But, they're not...

Kudos for making Orton/Lloyd a lethal and productive combination... but there are a number of great OC's that could likely do the very same thing. McDaniels hasn't proven that he is a good game planner - game manager - or judge of talent.

Agree with bold.

Hydrae
11-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey mods, can we get this thread locked? All it is is a couple of dirty donkey fans talking to each other about their abortion of a team. I think it should be locked and forced to die (much like the team from Denver has done most of this season!).

notorious
11-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Jeff Fisher is another version of Reeves, Marty and Norv with a better personality and mustache. Good coach, great guy and you'll win a lot of games, but no real titles to point to when it's all over. Fisher has a lot of regular season wins, under .500 in the playoffs (5-6) and that's about it. Sixteen seasons (not counting the interim) and six playoff appearances... bravo.

Homerun take.

Good work.

the Talking Can
11-29-2010, 03:34 PM

worse is you have a first round 'qb' sitting on the bench...what coach wants to be saddled with a QB they most certainly don't want (and who honestly wants to risk their first head coaching job ever on a fullback named Tebow?)?

you should be losing with the hope of drafting Luck and just starting over.....

Awesome Aric
11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
worse is you have a first round 'qb' sitting on the bench...what coach wants to be saddled with a QB they most certainly don't want (and who honestly wants to risk their first head coaching job ever on a fullback named Tebow?)?

you should be losing with the hope of drafting Luck and just starting over.....

Tebow is going to be a QB. No matter what.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 03:38 PM

I think if he were ready to do more than what he has so far... McD would have certainly put him in for trash time already. There is a reason that Tebow hasn't seen more than the few 'cherry picked' moments to do something... he isn't ready. McD certainly cares nothing for Orton's ego, if Tebow were ready to actually pass now, he'd have been asked to do so... and more than the dump off to Larsen.

Tebow is a great guy, but was a bad pick considering what they have and what they needed.

Brock
11-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Yeah, even if he sucks out loud.

TEX
11-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Herm's available...

the Talking Can
11-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Tebow is not an NFL QB.

You can beat yourself over the head with a hammer til forever, and the glorified fullback will never be a QB.

It was a laughably bad pick. And Tebow is not a selling point for a new coach...he is a liability that will have to be dealt with.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Tebow is not an NFL QB.

You can beat yourself over the head with a hammer til forever, and the glorified fullback will never be a QB.

It was a laughably bad pick. And Tebow is not a selling point for a new coach...he is a liability that will have to be dealt with.

Unless it is Gruden - he loves Tebow.

Brock
11-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Like he would say different publicly.

the Talking Can
11-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Gruden loves himself, too.

I think it is a real ?....any new coach will have to commit to, or move on from Tebow. And no new coach wants to be burdened with someone else's player unless that player is a proven NFL QB.

I sure as hell wouldn't toil for 20 years in the nfl and then stake my career on Tebow, a guy without even the basic mechanics necessary to play the position.

But hey, maybe there is a long line of coaches waiting to coach him......maybe.....not

*edit

point being...you either commit to him, or demote him and draft over him and have a disgruntled 1st round pick to deal with

KCUnited
11-29-2010, 03:49 PM

This is a guy I like to call The Savior because when he strolls into town and lines up in the shotgun, he can save the day. I'm telling you Jaws, this guy might just be the greatest athlete I've ever seen in my life. /Gruden

Brock
11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
He'll be slobbering all over Troy Smith tonight too.

frankotank
11-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Hey mods, can we get this thread locked? All it is is a couple of dirty donkey fans talking to each other about their abortion of a team. I think it should be locked and forced to die (much like the team from Denver has done most of this season!).

"abortion of a team"....good one. can I use that? does anyone know why McDoosh was passing in the fourth quarter even though we let him off the hook when we were stomping them last year? what a classless loser. we're gonna stomp their mother frigging ASSES! thanks for fueling the Chiefs fire dumb ass.

SDChiefs
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM

Knowmo mult?

Hog Farmer
11-29-2010, 04:03 PM

Josh McDumbass could have a thousand drafts that can't fix dumb! Moving up in the 1st to pic Tebow! that was wonderful. ROFL

Lzen
11-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey MHM, just in case you missed it. :D

Herm's available...

Mile High Mania
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks Santa!

Rain Man
12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Merry Christmas, MHM.

Valiant
12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
My Wish for the Donks is Herm Edwards for head coach..

The Bad Guy
12-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I just don't see Rivera being a HC. There's a reason he was passed over as much as Al Saunders.