PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Okung and Curry

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm suprised no body said anything about the two greatest players ever that the Seahawks drafted. They were pretty much invisible Sunday. Thank God we didn't draft either one of them.

Chiefnj2
11-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Jackson is so much better?

teedubya
11-29-2010, 09:11 PM
...So glad Tyson Jackson is so awesome.

Chiefs Rool
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm we'd all be happier with just about anyone else than Tyson Jackson

Basileus777
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
It seems like Okung leaves the game with an injury every week now.

Ralphy Boy
11-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Curry had a pretty good game, dude is fast. I don't think Okung gave up a sack or much pressure, but I couldn't watch the game with undivided attention due to family being over.

What I'm surprised about is that nobody has mentioned Siavii, who looked like a fairly respectable player.

Chiefs Rool
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Curry had a pretty good game, dude is fast. I don't think Okung gave up a sack or much pressure, but I couldn't watch the game with undivided attention due to family being over.

What I'm surprised about is that nobody has mentioned Siavii, who looked like a fairly respectable player.

their LT had Hali in check for most of the game, was that Okung?

and I don't remember hearing Siavii's name once

Brock
11-29-2010, 09:30 PM
their LT had Hali in check for most of the game, was that Okung?

and I don't remember hearing Siavii's name once

The fact that he's still in the league is one of life's great mysteries.

LaChapelle
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Does this thread require chopsticks

Pestilence
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
I'd rather have Curry than Jackson right now.

Pawnmower
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm suprised no body said anything about the two greatest players ever that the Seahawks drafted. They were pretty much invisible Sunday. Thank God we didn't draft either one of them.

Cool Post Brah - Cept you Didnt mention how bad Earl Thomas sucks.....

http://exiledonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/retard-1.jpg

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Curry taking Vrabel's snaps right now sure would be nice.

Meanwhile Tyson Jackson is still one of the worst down-lineman in football.

Let's not beat our chests just yet, m'kay? Okung's a good football player that we just didn't need and Curry is a far better player than the guy we took ahead of him.

tk13
11-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Siavii actually had a career high 7 tackles yesterday.

Pawnmower
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Let's not beat our chests just yet, m'kay? Okung's a good football player that we just didn't need and Curry is a far better player than the guy we took ahead of him.

Earl Thomas + Okung Seems like a pretty damn sucessful draft to me...

I for one am glad the Seahawks aren't in the AFC west any longer, I think theyll be a fine team for years under Carrol.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd take Siavii over Tyson Jackson...

I really hope this quote bites me later but i wont hold my breath

mcaj22
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, we beat the shit out of them but you can't take away the fact that as athletes, Curry and Okung are good players at their position. Seahawks may have shit coaching and bad scheming, but Curry is far and away better than what we picked instead of him.

Curry could be very good in a 3-4 as a OLB. They have him in a 4-3, and rarely ever rush him, Seahawks are content rushing 4 down lineman and hoping Savii/Chris Clemons and whoever else can get to the QB instead. So Curry sits in coverage most of the game, I think his speed and talents would be best displayed rushing in a 3-4. Like someone said if Curry had Vrabels spot on our defense it could be a very nice team to watch.

I do like Berry though, no matter how many mistakes he's made. Okung may have been the safer pick and the idea of Okung and Albert as our bookends does give me a chubby for years to come, but whatever. Okung is a very good LT, it's a shame he can't stay healthy this season, but when he's in there you can't knock his talent.

A Berry + Curry defense would have made something fun imo.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
People didn't want Curry because he was a high salary player at a position of low impact.

If offered the choice between Curry or Jackson, everyone would have taken Curry, but that's basically picking herpes over AIDS.

A bunch of teams screwed the pooch at the top of that draft.

2,3,6,7, and 11 are all looking like busts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, not this shit again. Aaron Curry is not a fucking rush backer, he would not have played outside.

DaneMcCloud
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Curry could be very good in a 3-4 as a OLB. They have him in a 4-3, and rarely ever rush him, Seahawks are content rushing 4 down lineman and hoping Savii/Chris Clemons and whoever else can get to the QB instead. So Curry sits in coverage most of the game, I think his speed and talents would be best displayed rushing in a 3-4. Like someone said if Curry had Vrabels spot on our defense it could be a very nice team to watch.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So I'll just go with this: STFU

Claynus
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
I for one am glad the Seahawks aren't in the AFC west any longer, I think theyll be a fine team for years under Carrol.

ROFL

Is this some kind of thinly veiled attempt to prop up the Chiefs' win?

The Seahawks have beaten:

San Francisco
San Diego
Chicago
Arizona
Arizona

They have been BLOWN OUT by Denver, Oakland, Kansas City, New York, New Orleans and St. Louis.

They also have no quarterback of the future.

That's a shitty team that needs a LOT of work.

Saccopoo
11-29-2010, 11:07 PM
People didn't want Curry because he was a high salary player at a position of low impact.

http://www.nfl-jerseys.com/pic/2010-06-06/NFL%20Reebok%20Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%2029%20Eric%20Berry%20Replica%20Team%20Color%20Football%20Jers ey.jpg

Everybody seemed to jump on that bandwagon though...

If offered the choice between Curry or Jackson, everyone would have taken Curry, but that's basically picking herpes over AIDS.

Bullshit. Curry's physical abilities and combine numbers were off the chart. Butkus award winner. The fucking Chiefs took a safety at basically the same spot. Curry was a physical freak that backed up his draft status with the awards and the combine numbers. Tyson Jackson was a 4-3 defensive tackle that was projected to be a decent five tech in a draft with no five tech just as half the NFL was switching to the 3-4.

It was like picking a fresh, virginal Megan Fox over chlamydia.

I would have been very happy with Oher, Mack, Curry, Monroe or Sanchez that year. Hell, even Branden Albert stated that he'd have been happy to move over to guard if they drafted Monroe.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Troy Polamalu was worth over a touchdown a game to the Steelers. You can't say that's not an important position, especially in a pass-happy league. Besides, Berry was a much better safety prospect than Curry was a LB prospect.

Aaron Curry was a creation of media hype. Sean Weatherspoon had a more productive college career in a tougher conference and had a combine that was equally as good, and, arguably, better.

Curry had a better 40 time. Their broad jumps were essentially identical. Weatherspoon had much better vertical and put up 9 more reps despite weighing less.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Spooooooooon

Fairplay
11-29-2010, 11:56 PM

He needs 2 more years to prove hes a #1 down-lineman.

Just give me two years.

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2010, 12:02 AM

Agreed. I would have gone with Raji and still would. I thought Jackson was going to flash something this year and I hope to god it's just slow recovery from his MCL injury, but man, what a waste of a draft pick right there.

Saccopoo
11-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Troy Polamalu was worth over a touchdown a game to the Steelers. You can't say that's not an important position, especially in a pass-happy league. Besides, Berry was a much better safety prospect than Curry was a LB prospect.

Berry equated to Curry as a prospect. In fact, looking at the stats, there were a number of players at the safety position who had identical stats as Berry in the 2010 draft. Thomas and Burnett put up identical collegiate numbers as Berry along with similar combine stats.

Aaron Curry was a creation of media hype. Sean Weatherspoon had a more productive college career in a tougher conference and had a combine that was equally as good, and, arguably, better.

C'mon Hamas, you are better than that. Curry played in obscurity at Wake, but still managed to pull out the Butkus along with posting superb combine stats for a man his size. You don't give the Butkus to a guy from Wake because he was a product of media hype. Guys from Wake don't get media hype. Especially guys playing the SAM backer position. The guy was skilled and athletically gifted. He'd be a natural in the 3-4 at the LOLB position, especially with good coaching like Crennel.

If you don't think we'd be better off with Curry playing the SAM versus Jackson on the bench, you are nuts.

Weatherspoon was a hype machine all on his own.

Curry had a better 40 time. Their broad jumps were essentially identical. Weatherspoon had much better vertical and put up 9 more reps despite weighing less.[/QUOTE]

Cave Johnson
08-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Midseason form.

Seahawks tackle Russell Okung, who missed half the season with ankle injuries in 2010, sprained his ankle in the win over San Diego

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/15/camps/index.html#ixzz1V7NAufH3

Claynus
08-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Okung > Albert

SNR
08-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Okung > AlbertAnd Berry >>>>>>> Okung.

That's all that matters

Bump
08-15-2011, 11:25 AM
don't you want your LT to be invisible? Or not have his name mentioned much?

notorious
08-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Jesus ****ing Christ, not this shit again. Aaron Curry is not a ****ing rush backer, he would not have played outside.

I love it.

Get those babies healthy so we can get you back full-time Hamas.

Bewbies
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM
http://www.nfl-jerseys.com/pic/2010-06-06/NFL%20Reebok%20Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%2029%20Eric%20Berry%20Replica%20Team%20Color%20Football%20Jers ey.jpg

Everybody seemed to jump on that bandwagon though...

Bullshit. Curry's physical abilities and combine numbers were off the chart. Butkus award winner. The ****ing Chiefs took a safety at basically the same spot. Curry was a physical freak that backed up his draft status with the awards and the combine numbers. Tyson Jackson was a 4-3 defensive tackle that was projected to be a decent five tech in a draft with no five tech just as half the NFL was switching to the 3-4.

It was like picking a fresh, virginal Megan Fox over chlamydia.

I would have been very happy with Oher, Mack, Curry, Monroe or Sanchez that year. Hell, even Branden Albert stated that he'd have been happy to move over to guard if they drafted Monroe.

This year, maybe next year, Eric Berry is going to be the best defensive player in the entire NFL. Okung will be on the bench nursing another injury.

Genious.

Bump
08-15-2011, 12:03 PM

Curry had a better 40 time. Their broad jumps were essentially identical. Weatherspoon had much better vertical and put up 9 more reps despite weighing less.

if 40 times and combine drills equated into NFL success than the raiders would win the superbowl every year. Eric Berry is a fine physical specimen but he is also a very smart football player and has instincts. He will be the best safety in the entire NFL soon.

the Talking Can
08-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Berry equated to Curry as a prospect. [/QUOTE]

:deevee:

hilarious bullshit....but you're the guy going down in history...not only you did you not want Berry, you threw a fit that we drafted him...the guy (Berry) who is months away being the best safety in the NFL...

Berry has been a superstar every day of his life...and it's been screamingly obvious to anyone who watched him. Curry is a jag olb....dime a dozen.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
:deevee:

hilarious bullshit....but you're the guy going down in history...not only you did you not want Berry, you threw a fit that we drafted him...the guy (Berry) who is months away being the best safety in the NFL...

Berry has been a superstar every day of his life...and it's been screamingly obvious to anyone who watched him. Curry is a jag olb....dime a dozen.

The question isn't Berry or Curry, it's Berry or Okung (and Berry wins that one hands down, Sacoshit has always been out to lunch there).

But I still don't see any validity to Hamas's position that Curry wouldn't have been a good fit for this defense as a TED linebacker. That player isn't asked to be an edge rusher; he's asked to be a very athletic, versatile linebacker that presents the threat of a rush but is also excellent in sealing the edge or in space. Curry can do both of those things quite well and has the athleticism to be a decent situational speed rusher as well (just not a primary guy).

Raji would've been the perfect pick there, but I still don't see any doubt that Curry would've been a much better pick than Jackson was. He'd be a very strong player in this system, IMO.

the Talking Can
08-15-2011, 01:09 PM
The question isn't Berry or Curry, it's Berry or Okung (and Berry wins that one hands down, Sacoshit has always been out to lunch there).

But I still don't see any validity to Hamas's position that Curry wouldn't have been a good fit for this defense as a TED linebacker. That player isn't asked to be an edge rusher; he's asked to be a very athletic, versatile linebacker that presents the threat of a rush but is also excellent in sealing the edge or in space. Curry can do both of those things quite well and has the athleticism to be a decent situational speed rusher as well (just not a primary guy).

Raji would've been the perfect pick there, but I still don't see any doubt that Curry would've been a much better pick than Jackson was. He'd be a very strong player in this system, IMO.

roadkill would have been a better pick than jackson....a fat teenager would have been a better pick

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
eric_d_williamsEric Williams

by SI_JimTrotter
#Seahawks LB Aaron Curry confirms role has changed. He's been demoted to 2nd unit. KJ Wright working with first unit: http://tinyurl.com/3d3p9nf

Sofa King
09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
hahahaha

Pestilence
09-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-22-2011, 03:21 PM
eric_d_williamsEric Williams

by SI_JimTrotter
#Seahawks LB Aaron Curry confirms role has changed. He's been demoted to 2nd unit. KJ Wright working with first unit: http://tinyurl.com/3d3p9nf

They could tell he was demoted by the look in his eyes.

Detoxing
09-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Sorry Chiefs fans, Seahawks are doing their absolute best to be the worst. They're going to start benching all of their best players, starting with Curry. Zach Miller, you're next.

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2011, 03:27 PM
They could tell he was demoted by the look in his eyes.

via You Tube LMAO

the Talking Can
09-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Berry equated to Curry as a prospect. In fact, looking at the stats, there were a number of players at the safety position who had identical stats as Berry in the 2010 draft. Thomas and Burnett put up identical collegiate numbers as Berry along with similar combine stats.

C'mon Hamas, you are better than that. Curry played in obscurity at Wake, but still managed to pull out the Butkus along with posting superb combine stats for a man his size. You don't give the Butkus to a guy from Wake because he was a product of media hype. Guys from Wake don't get media hype. Especially guys playing the SAM backer position. The guy was skilled and athletically gifted. He'd be a natural in the 3-4 at the LOLB position, especially with good coaching like Crennel.

If you don't think we'd be better off with Curry playing the SAM versus Jackson on the bench, you are nuts.

Weatherspoon was a hype machine all on his own.

how's that "Curry is teh awesome!" thing working out?

about as well as "Albert sucks!"?

Brock
09-22-2011, 05:03 PM
how's that "Curry is teh awesome!" thing working out?

about as well as "Albert sucks!"?

LMAO

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2011, 05:24 PM
hahahaha

The power of our suck is greater than their's

Joe Seahawk
09-22-2011, 07:49 PM
I think Okung will be a fine tackle for many years, Unger will be solid as well. The rest of the o-line i'm not too sure about. Gallery is solid when healthy.

Curry has been a big dissapointment, he was supposed to be the safest pick in the draft.. He'll probably become a stud in a 3-4 defense after he leaves this year.:#

BryanBusby
09-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Curry has no place in the 3-4. Dude cant be a reliable pass rusher, or shed blocks.

Joe Seahawk
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Curry has no place in the 3-4. Dude cant be a reliable pass rusher, or shed blocks.

Maybe so.. All I know for sure is as soon as he leaves the Seahawks, he will become a stud linebacker in some scheme, some city, somehow.

That is how it works..

I'm usually a delusional optimist.. I think I'm finally becoming cynical after all these years.