PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lethal passing combinations

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Lethal passing combinations (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/29/2483115/lethal-passing-combinations.html)

Lethal combinations

Dwayne Bowe and Matt Cassel have been a potent passing combination for the Chiefs this season, with Bowe catching 14 touchdown passes. Here are the top single-season totals for TD catches by a receiver, and the quarterbacks who primarily got them the ball.

23  Randy Moss from Tom Brady New England Patriots, 2007

22 Jerry Rice from Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers, 1987

18 Mark Clayton from Dan Marino Miami Dolphins, 1984

18 Sterling Sharpe from Brett Favre Green Bay Packers, 1994

ClevelandBronco
11-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Broccoli and beans always does it for me.

Dante84
11-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Ummmmm you forgot one

3:16 Tim Tebow to Tim Tebow Denver Broncos, 2010

bowener
11-30-2010, 08:19 AM
What do you see Bowe's season total for TDs being?

Right now 18 looks pretty doable. I hope he continues to have a streak of multi-TD games... that would be fucking sweet.

Also, his ass is going to get paid... too bad he wasn't resigned when he was still just a shit head.

Sofa King
11-30-2010, 08:20 AM
he's going to get 3 every game. 15 more TD's.... he'll end up with 29 TD's... then we'll cut him because he dropped 1 in the second to last game.

we can't have that shit on this team.

bowener
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
he's going to get 3 every game. 15 more TD's.... he'll end up with 29 TD's... then we'll cut him because he dropped 1 in the second to last game.

we can't have that shit on this team.

Honestly, if he gets anywhere near the TD record most people are just going to be confused.

How in gods name could any single human have called that before or during the 1st half of the season?

DBOSHO
11-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Lol matt cassel could be in the same breath as brady, montana and marino.

loochy
11-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah, you are right. Cassel and Bowe are approaching GOAT status. :rolleyes:

Damn, ChiefsPlanet memebrs are either retardedly optimistic with homer glasses on or they are pissy about every little thing that doesn't matter. Where are the reasonable in betweeners?

Molitoth
11-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Where are the reasonable in betweeners?

I would consider myself as such.

Sofa King
11-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Honestly, if he gets anywhere near the TD record most people are just going to be confused.

How in gods name could any single human have called that before or during the 1st half of the season?

confused is a mild term if he were to get anywhere even remotely close to 20 TD's.

Cave Johnson
11-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Where are the reasonable in betweeners?

Me.

The homers were arguing that Charles, with 8 less TDs and less yards from scrimmage, was a better back at this point than Foster. If Charles had Foster's skill set, we wouldn't be handing off to Shaun Smith.

CoMoChief
11-30-2010, 09:41 AM
A better question is "Can Matt Cassel make the Pro Bowl" if he keeps playing like this?

Possible PB players from KC
QB - Matt Cassel

Reason why he won't:
Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning - 2 of which pretty much have a lifetime appointment to the QB slots for the AFC, as they're the faces of the NFL. It would take Cassel to break the 30 TD mark, keep his INT's under single digits, and for one of the above 3 QB's to get inj, or to have a meltdown the last part of the season while Cassel takes us deep in the playoffs, most of which are highly unlikely.

RB - Jamaal Charles

Reason why he won't:
Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Arian Foster. If Charles had more meat on him and could sustain the durability and handle all if not most of the carries and not have to share with Thomas Jones, Charles would blow all of his competition out of the water. He has fewer TD's because of this. Though he has 60-70 fewer touches and he's currently 2nd in the NFL in rushing and averages 1-2 yards more per carry. If he keeps it up, I think he gets in considering the Chiefs are #1 in the NFL in rushing. And to think Thomas Jones could also pass the 1,000 yards mark this season. :eek:

WR - Dwayne Bowe

Reason why he won't:
In all honesty this is our only player who I think makes it no matter what. He's top 5 in the AFC in just about every WR stat, and many people look at TD's, which he's going to lead in that category hopefully by a large margin

OG - Ryan Lilja

Reason why he won't:
Another man's trash is another man's treasure, so they say. Lilja is no exception. He's been playing lights out this season with exception a couple occasions. OL is an area where name recognition is key in the PB selection process. IMO he deserves to go and has been KC's best OLman so far this season on a team that has lead the NFL in rushing virtually all season. Ironically, the knock on Lilja from his Indy days was that he couldn't run block. Well he's been exceptional here in KC and now Indy replaced him with some scrub and they still have troubles running the ball, probably even more so now than when Lilja was there.

OLB - Tamba Hali

Reason why he won't:
Hali's had a monster 1st half, though he's cooled off within the past 2-3 weeks. There are other pass rushers in this league that have passed him in sacks, which is what most people look at when making this position selection. Cam Wake, James Harrison, and Shaun Phillips all have surpassed Hali in sacks. He needs to turn it on again if he wants to go to Hawaii.

ILB - Derrick Johnson

Reason why he won't:
I can't tell you how many times this guy has had INT's fall right out of his hands this year. Had he caught all of them, surprisingly enough he'd be close to the top of the NFL in INT's, thus would supplant him a slot for Hawaii. But he hasn't capitalized on his opportunities at times. He's gonna have to make some key huge plays down the homestretch to make it to Hawaii.

CB - Brandon Flowers

Why he won't make it:
He's missed a game, and if it's a hammy inj, that can be lingering and he may not be 100%. He had a terrible game at OAK. Sometimes that happens. Mostly for this position people look at INT's, which to Flower's disadvantage, he like Hali, has had a hot start, but has cooled off in the recent weeks. He's got 2 INT's as we speak. There are a shit ton of players that have Flowers beat in this respect. This could be that teams decide not to throw his way therefore not getting as many chances at the ball, because to his credit, he's top 3 in passes defended. There are 5 games left, and given his injury, I don't think he can make up the lack of INT's before season's end. But he's still one of the best CB's in the NFL, there's no question about that.

Now, it's more likely that not all of these players will make the Pro Bowl once the season comes to an end, especially on defensive side. We've been beaten up a little bit, and our performance on defense has been somewhat of a letdown the pass 3-4 weeks. But right now, I think these are the players that (right now) have at least a fighting chance. I think it's going to be hard considering most of the Pro Bowl is voting from fans and name recognition, when a lot of players are pretty much grandfathered in so to speak when they can be having a down season. Given the Chiefs are small market - thus not having much media exposure thanks to the people from Eastcoast Sports Programming Network. That's just the way it is sometimes.