PDA

View Full Version : MU Where Do You Park for Sprint Center?

gblowfish
11-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm going to the MU-Georgetown game tonight. My first time to Sprint Center. Do you guys have a favorite parking spot downtown? What do you recommend?

Pants
11-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Right next to the Constantino's Market.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I like the parking garage right across the street from the Midland, on Main. It is usually pretty cheap and it's very easy to get out of. It fills up pretty quickly though.

Bowser
11-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Parking garage right across the street, on the west side.

-King-
11-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Dead serious....strip club parking lot. The Bazookas showgirls strip club is about 10 minutes walk away and it's free, so park there and walk to the sprint center.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Right next to the Constantino's Market.

Cosentino's - yes, that's the one i'm talking about. It's very convenient for us, since we are driving from Topeka. Good place to stop for a very quick bite before the game.

Dayze
11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
11th & Oak; have parked there numerous times. only a quick 5 minute walk (if that).
cheaper parking too.

Bearcat
11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
I usually park on the street... Main or Walnut somewhere between ~8th Street and the P&L. It's free (you can park at any meter after 5 and not pay), and I'd rather spend 5-10 minutes walking to my car and not deal with traffic when I get there, rather than spending 5 minutes getting into the garage and to my car, 20 minutes getting out of the garage, and still have to deal with traffic.

I tell people this and they end up parking in the garages anyway, which I guess is good for me... :shrug:

gblowfish
11-30-2010, 11:29 AM
11th & Oak; have parked there numerous times. only a quick 5 minute walk (if that).
cheaper parking too.

I parked in that garage for jury duty a couple years ago.

Dayze
11-30-2010, 11:33 AM
If I recall, it was like $10 cheaper than the ones that were closer; I think we've parked there for several concerts....could swear it was like $5.

at first I was worried about the walk thinking it would be too far (just looking at the map the first time), but it's nothing. 5 minutes if that..

Reaper16
11-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I always get to the $2 P&L lots early and just waste away hours at Flying Saucer.

But you can also park for free in myriad places that are a 7-8 minute walk away from the arena.

Mizzou_8541
11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Dead serious....strip club parking lot. The Bazookas showgirls strip club is about 10 minutes walk away and it's free, so park there and walk to the sprint center.

Serious question, is that by Willie's?

BWillie
11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
W 14th and Wyandotte St. There is a little parking area where you if you park in a certain slot - ie A3, A10 etc you go and put money in a box for each designated spot. I can tell you, I've parked there hundreds of times. Never paid, ever. Never got towed. Never ticketed. It's not attended and I think it's only checked during the business day

Saulbadguy
11-30-2010, 11:54 AM
I tell people this and they end up parking in the garages anyway, which I guess is good for me... :shrug:

Me, when it's 30-40 degrees and windy outside: "Honey, let's park a few minutes away rather than next to the stadium. It's free, easy to get in and out of, and really not THAT far away."

Wife: :shake:

gblowfish
11-30-2010, 11:56 AM
W 14th and Wyandotte St. There is a little parking area where you if you park in a certain slot - ie A3, A10 etc you go and put money in a box for each designated spot. I can tell you, I've parked there hundreds of times. Never paid, ever. Never got towed. Never ticketed. It's not attended and I think it's only checked during the business day

Hmmm.....take this advice with a KU Basketball player in his avi?

Saulbadguy
11-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Hmmm.....take this advice with a KU Basketball player in his avi?

I've parked there before, it's an "honor system" lot. Not sure if the honor system applies at night.

CoMoChief
11-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Serious question, is that by Willie's?

Yeah but IIRC, they have people out back that watch to see who parks there. Supposed to be strip club customers only....you'll get towed......but there's a big parking lot just about 100yds south of that strip club, and it's free to park in. It would take no more than a few min to walk to the Sprint Center. That's where I parked when I've gone to Willies. I imagine it would fill up rather quickly...esp if the game is sold out (which I dont know if it is or not).

Mizzou_8541
11-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah but IIRC, they have people out back that watch to see who parks there. Supposed to be strip club customers only....you'll get towed......but there's a parking lot just about 100yds south of that strip club, and it's free to park in. It would take no more than a few min to walk to the Sprint Center.

Good info. Thanks man.

Bearcat
11-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Me, when it's 30-40 degrees and windy outside: "Honey, let's park a few minutes away rather than next to the stadium. It's free, easy to get in and out of, and really not THAT far away."

Wife: :shake:

Heh, the last time I parked at 8th & Walnut, I heard about it all the way there... last time I take them downtown. :harumph:

otoh, it's not where I keep my penis at night, so enjoy the garage...

KChiefs1
11-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Any dangerous spots to avoid downtown?

CoMoChief
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Any dangerous spots to avoid downtown?

Around the Sprint Center area - no

That's generally (if not always) a safe area

Troost, Prospect, Paseo, and to an extent Van Brunt/Emanuelle Cleaver Blvd - Those are streets to stay away from. But that's Southeastern side of KC.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-30-2010, 03:54 PM
I used to pay, now I park on the street, either on Grand or Main. Never more than a 7-8 minute walk.