PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jared Allen

Frankie
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Suppose the Vikes' dysfunctional family does not resolve their problems to Allens liking this off-season. Given that his disagreements were with the previous Chiefs regime, suppose he is open to a trade back to the Chiefs. I'm curious to know:

1- Would you want him back to compliment Tamba as our pass-rushers, or would you prefer that we got a stud pass-rusher in the draft possibly requiring a high draft choice?

2- If so, would you accept a price similar to what they gave us for him?

3- If not, what would he be worth IYO?

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
No deal. Draft a young guy to rush the passer.

We got Albert and Charles for Allen. No way I give up something like that to get him back.

InChiefsHell
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
He hasn't been the same since he chopped the mullet. Pass.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
No.

okiedokieokoye
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Not sure he would succeed as a stand-up pass rushing LB. It took Tamba two years to get going...he might be behind. We drafted Sheffield for that specific purpose.

milkman
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
:doh!:

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
That ship sailed move on.

chiefsnorth
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Facepalm
Posted via Mobile Device

Zaiko
11-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't mind having him, but no way would I give up a 1 and 2 for drunkass Jared Allen. Would rather try the draft.

I'd probably trade a 2nd for him, because we won't have one of the really early second rounders, then maybe a 5th.. but nothing more than that, no way.

bevischief
11-30-2010, 01:48 PM
How times is this question going to get asked?

Jive Ass
11-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Like hell. There is no reason to bring him back with his attitude. His dissatisfaction with the Vikings is a translation of his former with the Chiefs. He may come back with fresh motivation, but his track record shows that it won't be worth it.

I agree, stick with pulling in some younger guys. Allen isn't worth a trade.

kysirsoze
11-30-2010, 01:49 PM
No thanks.

Zaiko

At least 40 more?

Mr. Kotter
Stay with the youth movement....unless he came at the right price. Which he wouldn't, IMHO.

Besides, he's a classic 4-3 DE....

the Talking Can
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
why the fuck would we want him for a 3-4?

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Really???

Sofa King
11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Where would he even fit?

Jive Ass
11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Where would he even fit?

Fullback

Zaiko
11-30-2010, 01:55 PM
He could take Vrabel's spot in goalline packages

Chiefs Rool
11-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I would trade them Tyson Jackson for him straight up, lol.

chasedude
11-30-2010, 01:59 PM
ROFL

Mojo Jojo
11-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Even if the Chiefs got him for a good deal the first time things didn't go his way he would want out.

Mr. Kotter

Heh. LMAO

Zaiko
make jared allen go to a bunch of eating contests and have him play some NT??

alpha_omega
11-30-2010, 02:04 PM
No.
No.
Nothing.

Munson
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
New long snapper?

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2010, 02:06 PM
New long snapper?Ha, you said...no, wait.

nychief
11-30-2010, 02:08 PM
he has been terrible this year. he isn't any younger... he is expensive...

so no.

That ship has sailed.

Frankie
11-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Not sure he would succeed as a stand-up pass rushing LB.

That's my thought as well. Just wanted to gauge CP interest in this possibility, though.

CoMoChief
11-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd rather trade our 1st rd pick to the Raiders for Richard Seymour than to do what was suggested in the OP

Chief Chief
11-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Pro: He visited Brett Favre prior to the start of the 2010 regular season at his home in Mississippi and helped convince him to sign with the Dykes.

Con: He could visit Brett Favre at his home in Mississippi in 2011 and convince him to sign with the Chiefs.

Pro: He could provide motivational speeches to teenagers and young adults about the dangers and hard times that living in prison creates if they don't get scared straight now.

Con: <-- Yep, Jared Allen could be the con on the inside scaring them s#!tless and creating dangers and hard times for them when JA gets snagged for another DUI.

Pro: He could prepare delicious and nutritious pre- and post-practice meals at training camp for the team by using the skills he learned while attending the Culinary Arts Academy, enhancing Coach Todd Haley's emphasis on players' fitness and diet regimen.

Con: NAH!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
I get it. We could say Pioli went to Jared if this trade goes down :bong:

King_Chief_Fan
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
dont think he fits us now.........good luck to him

TEX
11-30-2010, 02:50 PM

This. ROFL

TheGuardian
11-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Allen sucks. I have NEVER understood some Chiefs fans obsession with the guy. He collected meaningless sacks and was never a real game changer. Got drunk and busted, collected more garbage time sacks for the Vikings and showed up small fucking time in the NFC championship game against a rookie left tackle.

He's not very good and never was. Some people need to get that.

patteeu
11-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Nope.

seclark
11-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Nope.

X2
sec

ChiefaRoo
11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Allen sucks. I have NEVER understood some Chiefs fans obsession with the guy. He collected meaningless sacks and was never a real game changer. Got drunk and busted, collected more garbage time sacks for the Vikings and showed up small ****ing time in the NFC championship game against a rookie left tackle.

BIG...... DUMB........ COWBOY....

not a game changer. Just run right at him.

I told you dumb mfers this three years ago. You're welcome.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
11-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Allen sucks. I have NEVER understood some Chiefs fans obsession with the guy. He collected meaningless sacks and was never a real game changer. Got drunk and busted, collected more garbage time sacks for the Vikings and showed up small ****ing time in the NFC championship game against a rookie left tackle.

:thumb: I never understood the hype over Allen, i've seen him play plenty of times and can only recall maybe what 4 good games. Stick with drafting players...he's a wash.

ChiefaRoo
11-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Jared Allen = Poor man's Neil Smith

Rain Man
11-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Boy, you people hold grudges.

Jared didn't hate the Chiefs. He hated Carl Peterson. We don't hate the Chiefs. We hated Carl Peterson. Jared produced sacks by the bushel when the defense stank. We like sacks by the bushel, and our defense no longer stinks. We all know that we're one or two pass rushers short of having a scary defense. Bygones can be bygones in this scenario.

Now, having said all that, there are two problems with the Jared Allen return scenario.

First, as mentioned earlier, he doesn't fit our defense very well. He's not big enough to be a DE or DT other than a niche role like Gilberry has. And I don't see him making the transition to linebacker like Hali did. He simply doesn't fit.

Second, which is more Pioli's concern than mine, is value. He was a screaming deal for fifth-round draft pick money. For his one billion and sixty-nine dollar contract he may not be worth it. But it doesn't matter because he doesn't fit our scheme well enough to pursue anyway.

LaChapelle
11-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure some Chiefs fans have had only two girlfriends
when they are with one they pine for the other one
yet when they have sex with either they think of a supemodel

salame
11-30-2010, 05:31 PM
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Jared_Allen_Karaoke_2-400x300.jpg

HonestChieffan
11-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Screw him.

okiedokieokoye
11-30-2010, 05:40 PM
I get it. We could say Pioli went to Jared if this trade goes down :bong:

I hate to admit it..but this made me laugh. Sad I didn't think of it sooner.

Zaiko
11-30-2010, 05:41 PM
HE VENT TO JAREDS!?

TheGuardian
11-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Boy, you people hold grudges.

Jared didn't hate the Chiefs. He hated Carl Peterson. We don't hate the Chiefs. We hated Carl Peterson. Jared produced sacks by the bushel when the defense stank. We like sacks by the bushel, and our defense no longer stinks. We all know that we're one or two pass rushers short of having a scary defense. Bygones can be bygones in this scenario.

Now, having said all that, there are two problems with the Jared Allen return scenario.

First, as mentioned earlier, he doesn't fit our defense very well. He's not big enough to be a DE or DT other than a niche role like Gilberry has. And I don't see him making the transition to linebacker like Hali did. He simply doesn't fit.

Second, which is more Pioli's concern than mine, is value. He was a screaming deal for fifth-round draft pick money. For his one billion and sixty-nine dollar contract he may not be worth it. But it doesn't matter because he doesn't fit our scheme well enough to pursue anyway.

Jared collected a lot of meaningless sacks. The guy was not a clutch defensive player. He got fucking owned in the biggest game of his career against a rookie. He sucks. /thread

ClevelandBronco
11-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Suppose the Vikes' dysfunctional family does not resolve their problems to Allens liking this off-season. Given that his disagreements were with the previous Chiefs regime, suppose he is open to a trade back to the Chiefs. I'm curious to know:

1- Would you want him back to compliment Tamba as our pass-rushers, or would you prefer that we got a stud pass-rusher in the draft possibly requiring a high draft choice?

2- If so, would you accept a price similar to what they gave us for him?

3- If not, what would he be worth IYO?

Just buy a new jersey already, ya cheap SOB.

salame
11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Just buy a new jersey already, ya cheap SOB.

Priest Holmes and Tony G jerseys everywhere I look

Rain Man
11-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Okay, you guys win. Three-time all-pro Jared Allen is a hack who was never any good.

The revisionist history around here makes North Korea look like Pliny the Elder sometimes.

GloryDayz
11-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Jared who?

Psyko Tek
11-30-2010, 08:51 PM

until everybody says the right answer

patteeu
12-01-2010, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't want him primarily because he doesn't fit. I don't understand the people who say he isn't any good. He sure seemed good to me, prior to this year at least.

ReynardMuldrake
12-01-2010, 08:01 AM
It looks like we cut Allen at exactly the right time. If we tried to trade him today I don't think we'd get much for him.

Frazod
12-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Jared Allen = Poor man's Neil Smith

And they can both kiss my ass.

TheGuardian
12-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Okay, you guys win. Three-time all-pro Jared Allen is a hack who was never any good.

The revisionist history around here makes North Korea look like Pliny the Elder sometimes.

Priest Holmes was once an all pro too.

Allen was never a game changer. One of the reasons that he was gotten rid of was his lack of sacks in crunch time, i.e. when the team needed it most. The guy is a garbage sack collector. Again, in the biggest game of his career he showed up small against a rookie left tackle. Feel free to explain that away if you'd like.

Frankie
12-01-2010, 10:35 AM
It looks like we cut Allen at exactly the right time. If we tried to trade him today I don't think we'd get much for him.

we didn't cut him. We traded him.

Frankie
12-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Allen was never a game changer. One of the reasons that he was gotten rid of was his lack of sacks in crunch time, i.e. when the team needed it most. The guy is a garbage sack collector. Again, in the biggest game of his career he showed up small against a rookie left tackle. Feel free to explain that away if you'd like.

OK you've posted this three times now. But how did he change in an "important" game? Did he wake up that morning as his evil lazy twin? Anybody can have a bad game, or a bad year for that matter. But to say one's physical ability changes in a particular game is a reach, IMO. I accept the argument that he may not fit our D system. I posted this thread with that fully in mind, but to say that a talented DE just shows up as a no talent bum in a particular game and will do so in "crunch" time is pushing it.

ReynardMuldrake
12-01-2010, 10:51 AM
we didn't cut him. We traded him.

We cut him loose, which was what I meant.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Frankie, this has been discussed in the past on several occasions.

Had Jared Allen been with the Chiefs in 2009, he'd have likely been traded by Pioli because he does not fit the 3-4 defense.

Allen performs best in a three-point stance, where he's able to use his length and speed to get around opposing tackles. That's his skill.

If you put him in a two point stance, he becomes a tall, slow player. The opposing tackle would have the advantage and Allen's effectiveness would be cut in half, if not more.

beach tribe
12-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Had Jared Allen been with the Chiefs in 2009, he'd have likely been traded by Pioli because he does not fit the 3-4 defense.

Allen performs best in a three-point stance, where he's able to use his length and speed to get around opposing tackles. That's his skill.

If you put him in a two point stance, he becomes a tall, slow player. The opposing tackle would have the advantage and Allen's effectiveness would be cut in half, if not more.

With all due respect Dane, please don't do this. There's really no way to tell.
We heard over, and over about how the personnel we had did not fit into the 3-4, only to watch them improve dramatically within the scheme.
Dorsey is doing well at DE when everyone said he wouldn't, DJ has excelled, when everyone said he could not play 3-4 MLB, and Tamba has been a force at OLB when no one gave him a chance in hell (including me) at becoming what he has become.
For all we know Jared could be a better OLB, than DE. After all, he would be rushing the passer most snaps, and would also allow us to play more packages, having him with his hand in the dirt.
I would take him back at this point for a low first. He's having an off year. Who on the Vikings' squad isn't?
Make no mistake JA is a Bad MoFo. Throw him in with this group, and he would be a nightmare.

TheGuardian
12-01-2010, 11:14 AM
OK you've posted this three times now. But how did he change in an "important" game? Did he wake up that morning as his evil lazy twin? Anybody can have a bad game, or a bad year for that matter. But to say one's physical ability changes in a particular game is a reach, IMO. I accept the argument that he may not fit our D system. I posted this thread with that fully in mind, but to say that a talented DE just shows up as a no talent bum in a particular game and will do so in "crunch" time is pushing it.

Jared got owned in the biggest game of his career by a rookie left tackle. Do you think that a Michael Strahan or Bruce Smith or someone of that caliber would get owned by a rookie left tackle in a big game? Especially in their PRIME?

Allen is a guy that collected a lot of meaningless sacks, but showed up small in clutch situations. Carl Peterson, for all of his bullshit, pointed this out during/after the trade. Probably another reason why Jared hated him, but Carl had that right. Jared came up small when it mattered. But hey, he got paid and he's real popular because he had a mullet and acted like an idiot. I hope someone takes him out at the knees one day. He's a POS.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2010, 11:16 AM
With all due respect Dane, please don't do this. There's really no way to tell.
We heard over, and over about how the personnel we had did not fit into the 3-4, only to watch them improve dramatically within the scheme.
Dorsey is doing well at DE when everyone said he wouldn't, DJ has excelled, when everyone said he could not play 3-4 MLB, and Tamba has been a force at OLB when no one gave him a chance in hell (including me) at becoming what he has become.
For all we know Jared could be a better OLB, than DE. After all, he would be rushing the passer most snaps, and would also allow us to play more packages, having him with his hand in the dirt.
I would take him back at this point for a low first. He's having an off year. Who on the Vikings' squad isn't?

Jared Allen is 6'6, 270 pounds. His body is suited as a 4-3 defensive end.

Tamba Hali is 6'3. That's a HUGE difference when playing OLB.

If 7.5 sacks through ten games is considered an "off" year, I'd say the guy is pretty damn good.

Furthermore, Pioli shipped off the guys not suited for 3-4 in Tyler, McBride and others. I'm pretty certain that he'd have done the same with Jared Allen.

TheGuardian
12-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Jared Allen is 6'6, 270 pounds. His body is suited as a 4-3 defensive end.

Tamba Hali is 6'3. That's a HUGE difference when playing OLB.

If 7.5 sacks through ten games is considered an "off" year, I'd say the guy is pretty damn good.

Furthermore, Pioli shipped off the guys not suited for 3-4 in Tyler, McBride and others. I'm pretty certain that he'd have done the same with Jared Allen.

11 games. He had 1 sack through the first 7 games. He's gotten 6.5 in the last 4. He collected those against Arizona, Washington, Chicago, and Green Bay.

He's junk.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
11 games. He had 1 sack through the first 7 games. He's gotten 6.5 in the last 4. He collected those against Arizona, Washington, Chicago, and Green Bay.

He's junk.

I pointed out over the years many of the things you've mentioned in this thread (no impact in the 4th quarter, disappears for stretches) and I was solidly behind the trade. The Chiefs are better off with Charles and Albert than they'd have been with Jared Allen (who I'm certain Pioli would have traded, and for lessor value considering the talent in the 2009 draft).

But with that said, he's not worth a $70 million dollar contract and he's not the best defensive end in the league but he is far from "junk".

I am glad he's no longer with the Chiefs and no, Frankie, he's not worth bringing back.

TheGuardian
12-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I pointed out over the years many of the things you've mentioned in this thread (no impact in the 4th quarter, disappears for stretches) and I was solidly behind the trade. The Chiefs are better off with Charles and Albert than they'd have been with Jared Allen (who I'm certain Pioli would have traded, and for lessor value considering the talent in the 2009 draft).

But with that said, he's not worth a $70 million dollar contract and he's not the best defensive end in the league but he is far from "junk".

I am glad he's no longer with the Chiefs and no, Frankie, he's not worth bringing back.

My point about him being junk is really in comparison to how he's viewed by most. He's not a game changer, or an impact guy. Yet he's viewed that way. I'm trying to think of a guy I would compare him to from the past. Maybe Simon Fletcher of the Donkeys. Racked up lots of sacks but they were meaningless.

Saul Good
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
JA has just about hit his wall as a player. He may have a year or two left, but he isn't a force like he used to be. In short, he's the type of player that Pioli loves to trade AWAY, not FOR.

Frankie
12-01-2010, 01:09 PM

I know. I'm almost sorry I started this thread. But like I said I was curious how many planeteers would support a fairly cheap trade-back with all those factors.