PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers to LA?

The Chief
11-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Just seen this. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/report-anschutz-poised-to-by-35-percent-of-chargers/

WebGem
11-30-2010, 10:28 PM
You mean:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/report-anschutz-poised-to-by-35-percent-of-chargers/

WebGem
11-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Whatever happens, I hope I don't have to start hearing Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego.

Edit: Unless they put the stadium in OC and are the Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego in Orange County California.

The Chief
Yea thats what i meant.

The Chief
Im tired of hearing the Rams to LA.

Chief_For_Life58
11-30-2010, 10:30 PM
san diego needs to keep em

petegz28
11-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Whatever happens, I hope I don't have to start hearing Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego.

Edit: Unless they put the stadium in OC and are the Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego in Orange County California.

ROFL

petegz28
11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
I just want to know how many times LA has to lose a football team before they quit giving them teams?

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
I just want to know how many times LA has to lose a football team before they quit giving them teams?

You're fucking retarded. How did you get a job?

:D

-King-
11-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Yeah the second biggest market in the united states shouldn't get a team. ....yeah
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah the second biggest market in the united states shouldn't get a team. ....yeah
Posted via Mobile Device

They can't keep teams. They've lost 2 already. Why do we think they would do better with the Chargers??

I just don't think SoCal is football country

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2010, 10:47 PM
They can't keep teams. They've lost 2 already. Why do we think they would do better with the Chargers??

Pete, this has been discussed ad nauseam.

In short, the Rams sold out for more than 30 years until Georgia Frontiere's husband mysteriouly died. She moved the team to Anaheim, which was a failure, then to St. Louis, then died herself.

The Raiders weren't a Los Angeles team and played, at the time, in the most dangerous venue in America.

The new proposal by Philip Anschutz (AEG) that has them linked to L.A. Live (yes, it was built before KC Live), which is also linked to Staples Center and the the LA convention center. There is subway service to those locations and they're going to build a Metro Line (light rail) to the stadium.

It'll hold 74k and host a World Cup, Final Four, Super Bowl and a football team.

Trust me, it'll be a GREAT success, especially if they wipe the slate clean and call the new team something like the LA Stars.

milkman
11-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Pete, this has been discussed ad nauseam.

In short, the Rams sold out for more than 30 years until Georgia Frontiere's husband mysteriouly died. She moved the team to Anaheim, which was a failure, then to St. Louis, then died herself.

The Raiders weren't a Los Angeles team and played, at the time, in the most dangerous venue in America.

The new proposal by Philip Anschutz (AEG) that has them linked to L.A. Live (yes, it was built before KC Live), which is also linked to Staples Center and the the LA convention center. There is subway service to those locations and they're going to build a Metro Line (light rail) to the stadium.

It'll hold 74k and host a World Cup, Final Four, Super Bowl and a football team.

Trust me, it'll be a GREAT success, especially if they wipe the slate clean and call the new team something like the LA Stars.

Wait, why change the name?

The Chargers were originally in LA.

Just getting back to their roots.

WebGem
11-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah a name change would be stupid.

But if they do it, LA Sparks. Then they're officially fucking bitches.

LaChapelle
11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
As long as they put Bermen and Foutz under the cornerstone
start building the new stadium tomorrow

Psyko Tek
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
the LA DANE MCLOUDZ

logo
a middle finger on the helmut
slogan
there is only one

get them an expansion team
quit stealing other cities teams
wish every NFL team was town owned

ClevelandBronco
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM

I remember you saying the same thing when New York lost the Dodgers and the Giants. You were right then, and you're right now.

Tylerthigpen!1!
11-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Hypothetically, when would the move happen?

Buck
11-30-2010, 11:49 PM
LOL the source is some needledick out of Toronto who is known for getting stories wrong.

Its false.

Chiefs Rool
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
so would Charger fans feel burned and turn anti-Chargers or complain a bit, but continue being a fan? just curious

Buck
11-30-2010, 11:56 PM
so would Charger fans feel burned and turn anti-Chargers or complain a bit, but continue being a fan? just curious

I would probably be a fan until Rivers was gone, then I'd just turn into an NFL fan.

teedubya
11-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Why not South Cali Chargers or something equally gay. They should put them in the county right in between both cities. Fuck it.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-01-2010, 12:04 AM

what are those?

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2010, 12:07 AM
If anybody should move to L.A., it's the Jags. Their stadium looks empty every single week.

RealSNR
12-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I would probably be a fan until Rivers was gone, then I'd just turn into an NFL fan.Dude, we all like you. Be a Chiefs fan. You know you want to. Don't tell me you hang around this place as often as you do just so you can post in the Media Center.

RealSNR
12-01-2010, 12:13 AM
If anybody should move to L.A., it's the Jags. Their stadium looks empty every single week.Truth. But if any team moves, it will probably be the Vikings. As of right now, they don't have a stadium for 2012. They're going to be forced to re-up in the Metrodome, and I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Buck
12-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Dude, we all like you. Be a Chiefs fan. You know you want to. Don't tell me you hang around this place as often as you do just so you can post in the Media Center.

Naw. There's a thousand of you and only one of me.

KCrockaholic
12-01-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't hate the Chargers right now. But if they moved to LA I would hate them.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Hypothetically, when would the move happen?

He's targeting 2015.

Be prepared, Folks: It's going to happen.

Mojo Jojo
12-01-2010, 12:50 AM

Actually they have lost 3 teams. Rams, Raiders and Chargers.

-King-
12-01-2010, 01:02 AM
He's targeting 2015.

Be prepared, Folks: It's going to happen.

I was thinking the Vikings moving was more likely, but we'll see.

Whatever happened to the Chula Vista stadium plans?
Posted via Mobile Device

2bikemike
12-01-2010, 04:05 AM
I was thinking the Vikings moving was more likely, but we'll see.

Whatever happened to the Chula Vista stadium plans?Posted via Mobile Device

The Developer couldn't get past the unions. So he bailed

2bikemike
12-01-2010, 04:13 AM
I really dislike the Chargers. I could care less if they moved. I think it would be pretty funny if they did move. The fans here are pretty lame. The fans only come out of the closet when the team is hot heading into the playoffs. The attendance to games is fairly poor. This weeks game will be a sell out but there will be just as many Raider fans as Charger fans.

The city is broke and I don't see how they will get a new stadium. Qualcomm is a pit of a stadium so I can see the ownership bailing for a new stadium.

Pushead2
12-01-2010, 06:30 AM
California Chargers