PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Here's a terrifying thought ...

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Just think: If the Donkeys hadn't abruptly fired Shanahan and hired Josh McDaniel, Pioli would have almost certainly hired him instead of Todd Haley.

http://swongled.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/scared.jpg

Dave Lane
12-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I doubt that. I think the rumors didn't start that Pioli wanted McDaniels began until the broncos started looking. Actually forcing the Broncos to take him in a well planned feint.

ReynardMuldrake
12-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I think Pioli is a better judge of talent than that...

Bane
12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Nah I doubt it.I'm sure Pioli knew McCamera was just a fluffed up puppet under BB and knew Haley would be 10X the coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
I give Pioli credit for being smarter than that. Bowlen is a god damned moron and the only way he knows how to win, is to cheat.

the Talking Can
12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
nope

Bane
12-01-2010, 09:19 AM
McBowlen is slowly turning into Al Davis.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I think I'm gonna make a sign for this game...

HEY JOSH! DON'T FILM ME, BRO!

Bane
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM

As awesome as that would be,I'd rather see a bunch of KC fans make some card board cameras and pretend to film him as he stomps around the sidelines.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM

That's actually the best idea stevieray has ever had. Bravo.

salame
12-01-2010, 09:37 AM
nah we wouldn't have

DMAC
12-01-2010, 09:40 AM

HEY JOSH! DON'T FILM ME, BRO!PLEASE do this.

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm amazed to hear you guys say that, considering Pioli's connection to the Patriots, his relationship with McDaniels, and the fact that McDaniels was on every list of the hot head coaching prospects two years ago.

This is what scout.com had to say about McDaniels shortly before the Broncos hired him:

Josh McDaniels/Quarterbacks Coach-Offensive Coordinator/New England Patriots - While he turns just 33 this April, McDaniels has worked for the Patriots for eight seasons and he's worked his way up the ladder. After working in the scouting department early in his career, McDaniels has been coaching the quarterbacks since 2004 and has been the team's offensive coordinator since 2006. A former NFL player who was coached by McDaniels told Scout.com that the young coach was probably one of the sharpest offensive minds he's seen and felt McDaniels would be an excellent head coach some day. McDaniels called the plays in QB Tom Brady's record-setting season in 2007 and has done a nice job of bringing along Brady's replacement, Matt Cassel, this season. McDaniels spurned interviews last year for vacant head coaching jobs because he felt he wasn't ready to handle that role.

If you don't think McDaniels would have been at the top of Pioli's list, you weren't paying attention.

Sofa King
12-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm amazed to hear you guys say that, considering Pioli's connection to the Patriots, his relationship with McDaniels, and the fact that McDaniels was on every list of the hot head coaching prospects two years ago.

This is what scout.com had to say about McDaniels shortly before the Broncos hired him:

If you don't think McDaniels would have been at the top of Pioli's list, you weren't paying attention.

you know how i feel about safety's that high....

the Talking Can
12-01-2010, 09:54 AM

take one look at Haley and McFistpump...if you don't see who the obvious Haley hire was, you haven't been paying attention

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 10:07 AM
take one look at Haley and McFistpump...if you don't see who the obvious Haley hire was, you haven't been paying attention

That's easy to say now. Were you saying that last year when the Broncos were 6-0 and the Chiefs were 1-5?

People used to complain all the time about Pioli's preference for former Patriots and his desire to do everything the "Patriot" way. Apparently you weren't paying attention then.

And if you think Pioli always makes the right decisions, you weren't paying attention when he drafted Tyson Jackson.

Sofa King
12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
That's easy to say now. Were you saying that last year when the Broncos were 6-0 and the Chiefs were 1-5?

People used to complain all the time about Pioli's preference for former Patriots and his desire to do everything the "Patriot" way. Apparently you weren't paying attention then.

And if you think Pioli always makes the right decisions, you weren't paying attention when he drafted Tyson Jackson.

why are you trying to hate on pioli?

the Talking Can
12-01-2010, 10:19 AM

nothing you typed has anything to do with my post

Deberg_1990
12-01-2010, 10:22 AM
A few in the media have stated that Bowlens main problem with McDaniels was that he didnt hire a decent GM over him to keep him reigned in.

Nobody would dispute much what a brilliant offensive mind he is.

Dave Lane
12-01-2010, 10:24 AM

This times infinity. Its pretty obvious who he wanted if you read his story and think about it even close to logically.

Detoxing
12-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I never got the impression last season that Pioli was even remotely interested in McDaniels. If Pioli wanted him, im sure he could've had him.

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 10:29 AM
why are you trying to hate on pioli?
I don't mean for it to come across that way. I think Pioli is doing an excellent job, and I think he is absolutely the right guy for the job.

My point is that nobody's perfect, Pioli's selection of Tyson Jackson proves that he isn't perfect either, and that it's not a stretch at all to think that Josh McDaniels would have been Pioli's top choice. Lucky for us, the Donkeys thought that as well, and I believe part of the reason they rushed the decision to fire Shanahan was to grab McDaniels before the Chiefs got him.

For the record, I love Scott Pioli (in a non-homosexual way). (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I never got the impression last season that Pioli was even remotely interested in McDaniels. If Pioli wanted him, im sure he could've had him.
As I recall, McDaniels was hired after the rumors started that Pioli was coming here, but before Pioli actually accepted the job. McDaniels was never a candidate by the time Pioli started searching for a head coach because he had already been hired by Denver.

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 10:31 AM
nothing you typed has anything to do with my post
Yes it does.

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
A few in the media have stated that Bowlens main problem with McDaniels was that he didnt hire a decent GM over him to keep him reigned in.

I agree with this, and it's certainly possible that McDaniels would be successful if he didn't have total control over personnel decisions. His personnel decisions have, for the most part, backfired.

When you think about it, it was sheer lunacy for Bowlen to give McDaniels that kind of power when he had never even been a head coach before. Lots of proven and successful head coaches suddenly fail when they get that power (see Marty Schottenheimer and Mike Holmgren). Bowlen set McDaniels up to fail, big time. Todd Haley became a better head coach when he didn't have to be offensive coordinator any more. I would guess that being general manager is even more demanding than being offensive coordinator if you're trying to balance either position with being head coach.

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 10:40 AM
This times infinity. Its pretty obvious who he wanted if you read his story and think about it even close to logically.
Yes. He would have hired the guy from New England who was Matt Cassel's offensive coordinator, since he already planned to bring in Matt Cassel and he stated from the very beginning that he planned to do things the "New England way". He couldn't bring in the guy from New England since Denver had already hired him, so he went with Plan B.

Thanks for making my point for me.

Hydrae
12-01-2010, 10:58 AM
It didn't happen that way so I see no reason to worry about possible alternate realities.

salame
12-01-2010, 11:00 AM
He might ave wanted him as an offensive coordinator

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 11:03 AM
He might ave wanted him as an offensive coordinator
That would have been a lateral move that nobody in his right mind would ever make. You don't leave the Patriots to take the same job with a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 40 years.

salame
12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
That would have been a lateral move that nobody in his right mind would ever make. You don't leave the Patriots to take the same job with a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 40 years.

do you have a spoon handy?

LaChapelle
12-01-2010, 11:41 AM
My understanding is that the only Patriot to join the Broncos
of their own free will(not trades/waivers) was the camera man
If he had not one ex-Pat follow him -why would Pioli

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 12:38 PM
My understanding is that the only Patriot to join the Broncos
of their own free will(not trades/waivers) was the camera man
If he had not one ex-Pat follow him -why would Pioli
Your post makes no sense.

Brainiac
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
It didn't happen that way so I see no reason to worry about possible alternate realities.
Tell that to anybody who speculates about anything on Chiefsplanet.

The whole point is that we dodged a bullet. Nothing more. This is not an indictment of Scott Pioli. It's nice to get lucky sometimes and to consider how much worse things could be for a change, instead of just saying "Why did we draft Tyson Jackson? Why? Why? Why?" over and over again.

LaChapelle
12-01-2010, 12:57 PM
crude drawing of a chewbaca

salame
12-01-2010, 04:59 PM
http://www.profile-comments.com/images/gay/images/dude-this-thread-is-gay.jpg

salame
12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2447/3564155951_5fb7fee76f.jpg

salame
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_24BKVg-y29s/SVRAfDk2wqI/AAAAAAAABdA/-NEre0MTS9k/s400/Thyla-by-Anki.jpg

salame
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
http://www.geekstir.com/img/tarp.jpg

salame
12-01-2010, 05:02 PM
http://image46.webshots.com/47/4/8/27/303040827QodyzW_fs.jpg

salame
12-01-2010, 05:03 PM
http://marfmom.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/mike-the-situation-with-brace1.jpg

Hog Farmer
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM

He's so goddamn brilliant he immediately fired Cutler , Marshall and scheffler as well as Nolan. Brilliant offensive mind I tell ya!ROFL

BigRock
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
As I recall, McDaniels was hired after the rumors started that Pioli was coming here, but before Pioli actually accepted the job. McDaniels was never a candidate by the time Pioli started searching for a head coach because he had already been hired by Denver.

McDaniels was hired in Denver two days before Pioli was hired here. Obviously, though, an issue like head coach would have been something on Pioli's mind throughout the decision process, which drew out for nearly 2 weeks.

If Pioli was at all interested in hiring McDaniels, he had ample time to tell him "Hey, I'm going to KC and I'm gonna need a coach".

So either Pioli told him that and McDaniels not only turned him down, but took a job in the same division Pioli would be going to, ensuring that his relationship with Pioli was dead and that Pioli would do everything in his power to crush him from that point forward. Or Pioli never said a word to him about it.

The second option seems a little more likely.

Bane
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Still BWAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAing @ all the dumb asses who wanted him here!
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
12-01-2010, 05:42 PM
you know how i feel about safety's that high....

I see what you did there...

Fritz88
12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I actually think McDouche might be a good coach. Under Pioli, he might do well because he will be on a leash. He just has shitty people skillz.

Bane
12-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I actually think McDouche might be a good coach. Under Pioli, he might do well because he will be on a leash. He just has shitty people skillz.

I respectfully disagree.He may be a good OC/QB coach in the future but he clearly does not have the skills to lead a team as a HC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
12-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Your post makes no sense.

Do they ever?
Posted via Mobile Device