PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs McCluster not on injury report

Coogs
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1565

McCluster not on injury report

The Chiefs don't have Dexter McCluster listed on the injury report they issued today. That means either McCluster will play Sunday against the Broncos at Arrowhead Stadium or that he will be a healthy scratch.

More likely, he will play. That would add another playmaker to an offense that scored 102 points over the past three games.

DeezNutz
12-01-2010, 06:35 PM
He was a full participant in several practices last week. Speculation on the radio today that he found his way into the doghouse, Bowe style '09. No clue if this has any legitimacy, as KK is not a trustworthy source.

Count Zarth
12-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Cool, maybe he can catch 3 passes for 15 yards.

Coogs
12-01-2010, 06:37 PM

If that converts a couple of first downs and possibly even a TD... then I am cool with that after 5 weeks off.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-01-2010, 06:38 PM
He was a full participant in several practices last week. Speculation on the radio today that he found his way into the doghouse, Bowe style '09. No clue if this has any legitimacy, as KK is not a trustworthy source.

I don't know how you find yourself in the doghouse while being injured though...

DeezNutz
12-01-2010, 06:38 PM
McCluster has probably received more unwarranted love than Cassel has received unwarranted criticism.

Shiny!

DeezNutz
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't know how you find yourself in the doghouse while being injured though...

Obvious implication is that he's been available to play...like I said, could very well be bullshit.

BigMeatballDave
He was a full participant in several practices last week. Speculation on the radio today that he found his way into the doghouse, Bowe style '09. No clue if this has any legitimacy, as KK is not a trustworthy source.I find this very difficult to believe.

tk13
I think they were waiting to make sure he was 100% for our division games coming up. I bet if last week was a playoff game, he would've played.

DeezNutz
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I think they were waiting to make sure he was 100% for our division games coming up. I bet if last week was a playoff game, he would've played.

Far more likely.

Shogun
Im excited for his return to be honest. Hes got that spark plug energy on the field that makes me glad hes a Chief.

GloryDayz
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1565

McCluster not on injury report

The Chiefs don't have Dexter McCluster listed on the injury report they issued today. That means either McCluster will play Sunday against the Broncos at Arrowhead Stadium or that he will be a healthy scratch.

More likely, he will play. That would add another playmaker to an offense that scored 102 points over the past three games.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Count Zarth
12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
If that converts a couple of first downs and possibly even a TD... then I am cool with that after 5 weeks off.

Will this be the offseason mantra for the McCluster Masturbators?

"He was really dynamic and explosive before the injury. The last five games he was solid but not spectacular, but that's OK because he missed basically half the year. With a full offseason he'll be more of a playmaker in his second year. He should be more like Wes Welker."

philfree
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM

His over 7 yards per touch can't hurt us to bad.

PhilFree:arrow:

Priest31kc
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
With Bowe stretching the field more now, I think McCluster will be more of a factor in the passing game like we all thought. The underneath will be a little more open, so hopefully we can get him involved this week.

Shogun
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Think of it this way, thats just one more person the Donks have to prepare for. The more people being productive the better for us. Or Jamaal needing more carries

DeezNutz
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
His over 7 yards per touch can't hurt us to bad.

Which would be impressive if he had more than 26 touches.

Extra Point
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Scratch. We need him to counter Sproles.

tk13
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Far more likely.

Hopefully... I don't think it's a coincidence he's magically healthy with Denver and San Diego coming up. We need all of our weapons for San Diego. I'm sure Haley realizes if we win these next two weeks, we are winning the division.

zonachief
12-01-2010, 06:47 PM

"He was really dynamic and explosive before the injury. The last five games he was solid but not spectacular, but that's OK because he missed basically half the year. With a full offseason he'll be more of a playmaker in his second year. He should be more like Wes Welker."

Dude! do you hate kittens and mother teresa too!? what the hell has mccluster done that you do not like him,,, The return for a TD? the touchdown against SF? Did him and Cassel team up and kill your dog?

Fucking a!

DeezNutz
12-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm sure Haley realizes if we win these next two weeks, we are winning the division.

That's pretty kick ass when you say it like this. Win Sunday and playoff game in a week.

Shogun
12-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Dude! do you hate kittens and mother teresa too!? what the hell has mccluster done that you do not like him,,, The return for a TD? the touchdown against SF? Did him and Cassel team up and kill your dog?

****ing a!

You probably don't want to get in to this.

zonachief
12-01-2010, 06:50 PM
You probably don't want to get in to this.

Im just sayin....

greg63
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM

...This!

Count Zarth
12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
My problem with Dexter McCluster is he has more t-shirts sold than yards gained.

Shogun
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
My problem with Dexter McCluster is he has more t-shirts sold than yards gained.

I bought one. Can't say I regret it. But I want to see him do more.

zonachief
12-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Fair enough. But WR is a tough position to learn in the NFL as a rookie. Not to mention he has returning duties, plus a little HB work. I think he will be a great offensive weapon

philfree
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Which would be impressive if he had more than 26 touches.

Well yeah the injury set him back just a little.

It's like every positive that is discussed about the Chiefs or a player has to be turned into an expo facto draft debate. I mean at this point in time a player coming back off injury who can help us is a good thing regardless if anyone liked the draft pick or not. It's December and we're leading the division and we have some huge games to play and people want to still bitch about the draft. Get the fuck over it you bunch of lame ass nancy boys.

Hog Farmer
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM

Just remember he hasn't played since Cassel quit sucking.

Count Zarth
12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I think he will be a great offensive weapon

He is quickly becoming the new Tyler Thigpen.

http://i52.tinypic.com/i78n6u.jpg

zonachief
12-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Just remember he hasn't played since Cassel quit sucking.

thats it...He was holding the real Cassel back the whole time.......

Coogs
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM

My 12 year old son has one of those. Looks damn good on him too!

zonachief
12-01-2010, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Gif Horse;7216741]He is quickly becoming the new Tyler Thigpen.

err.....kordell stewart.

Coogs
12-01-2010, 07:05 PM

It's like every positive that is discussed about the Chiefs or a player has to be turned into an expo facto draft debate. I mean at this point in time a player coming back off injury who can help us is a good thing regardless if anyone liked the draft pick or not. It's December and we're leading the division and we have some huge games to play and people want to still bitch about the draft. Get the fuck over it you bunch of lame ass nancy boys.

:clap:

DeezNutz
12-01-2010, 07:13 PM

It's like every positive that is discussed about the Chiefs or a player has to be turned into an expo facto draft debate. I mean at this point in time a player coming back off injury who can help us is a good thing regardless if anyone liked the draft pick or not. It's December and we're leading the division and we have some huge games to play and people want to still bitch about the draft. Get the **** over it you bunch of lame ass nancy boys.

I never engage in expo facto draft debates, and I have no idea why you're bitching about the '10 draft.

philfree
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I never engage in expo facto draft debates, and I have no idea why you're bitching about the '10 draft.

That was for others more than it was for you.

Close that door you're creating a draft.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
LMAO Clay's Dex hate is hilarious.

While I agree that our infatuation with him is largely unfounded, he's also given no reason for anyone to dislike him.

KCUnited
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
His absence has really freed up a lot of room for Bowe.

Count Zarth
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
he's also given no reason for anyone to dislike him.

Really? It would seem to me that...

our infatuation with him is largely unfounded

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Really? It would seem to me that...:spock:
That would mean to me that your issues are with people here.

I like Dex for his potential. He's fucking fast and speed kills. Its not only what he may be capable of doing on the field, but what he could possibly enable others to do. He's someone the opposing D has to look out for.

Chiefnj2
12-01-2010, 07:42 PM

You are correct, he really has done much even when healthy. It is also somewhat unrealistic to expect him to do much when he has been placed in a position to learn returning, running and receiving.

The last two weeks before his injury he seemed to be improving. If he can pick up from where he left off and help the team pick up an additional 60-70 yards on offense (exluding returns) then it will be great.

philfree
12-01-2010, 07:44 PM

LOL Your infatuation with hating him is greater then all his fans infatuation combined.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I like him. Hes got potential and seems like a good kid. Hes definately a guy who makes a defense have to account for him just because of his speed.

Ive always thought he could be our version of Kevin Faulk. If he has even half as good a career as that, he will have been worth it.

MahiMike
12-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Uncalled for! Behold the magic of Dex! We win on him suiting up alone!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Wait, McCluster has to learn how to run and return kicks?

Aren't those the two positions that are universally regarded to be the easiest to learn?

But no, we don't offer up excuses for him or anything.

ARROW2
12-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Some of you guys are idiots....Dex is a bad mofo.....

phillip
12-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Fucking a!

Long story short: he fell in love with Devard Darling, who ended up doing nothing. Now he'll never fall in love again prematurely.

-King-
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Long story short: he fell in love with Devard Darling, who ended up doing nothing. Now he'll never fall in love again prematurely.

And then dick rode Larry Johnson 2.7 YPC until he was cut.

Marcellus
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
And then dick rode Larry Johnson 2.7 YPC until he was cut.

Yea as much fun as Clay can bring to CP his player evaluation pretty much sucks ass.

ChiefaRoo
12-01-2010, 08:23 PM
LMAO Clay's Dex hate is hilarious.

While I agree that our infatuation with him is largely unfounded, he's also given no reason for anyone to dislike him.

Do you guys remember his run backs in the opener against the Eggos? That team needed a spark and he provided it. If KC loses against SD at home we would have had an entirely different team mentality going into week two.

The Dane McCloud scenario could have been in full effect if Dexter wasn't playing in that game.

Why would anyone diss the guy? He's made a few plays as a rookie and is a great teammate by all accounts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2010, 08:29 PM
and is a great teammate by all accounts.

What accounts?

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2010, 08:34 PM
What accounts?

He was a team captain. That's as strong of an account as you'll find.

KCwolf
12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Draftubators > Team Captains

-King-
12-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I wish we would have drafted Terrence Cody instead of McCluster though! Look at the impact he's making in Baltimore! And look at Sergio Kindle shining!!

The drafturbators were right. Dammit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
He was a team captain. That's as strong of an account as you'll find.

Signed,

DJ Williams.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I wish we would have drafted Terrence Cody instead of McCluster though! Look at the impact he's making in Baltimore! And look at Sergio Kindle shining!!

The drafturbators were right. Dammit.

Here's the true genius of Pioli's move:

When you draft KRs and gadget players, the dividends pay off almost immediately, which makes the picks look better initially than what they really are.

When you say "impact" you really mean "instant impact" which is disingenuous. We needed impact players at a number of positions (and still do) that will take time to develop--namely, NT, pass rusher, WR, and QB.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Here's the true genius of Pioli's move:

When you draft KRs and gadget players, the dividends pay off almost immediately, which makes the picks look better initially than what they really are.

When you say "impact" you really mean "instant impact" which is disingenuous. We needed impact players at a number of positions (and still do) that will take time to develop--namely, NT, pass rusher, WR, and QB.

If a WR takes long to develop, then why are we calling Dex an instant dividend when his primary role is going to be served as a slot receiver. Maybe he never reaches his potential, but there's no doubt his upside is a lot higher than what we've seen to date.

Given that Dex has had limited kickoff duties and that the majority of his snaps have been in the slot, then there's no reason not to give him the same development time as another WR would get.

kysirsoze
12-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I have no idea if DMC will live up to his draft status, but you have to be excited to see what the guy can do in this offense as it's been performing. The passing game is hitting it's stride. This will be the best chance we've had so far to evaluate his playmaking ability.

:popcorn:

KCChiefsFan88
12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
He's been more productive the past month than Chris Chambers

Dante84
12-01-2010, 09:09 PM
So McCluster's gonna play???

AWWWWWW SHEEEEIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQnForWPm78?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQnForWPm78?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chiefnj2
12-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Learning three positions for a rookie is huge. Massive learning curve.

ReynardMuldrake
12-01-2010, 09:13 PM
What is with all the Dexter hate? He is a massively talented rookie with a ton of potential. Give the kid a chance.

kysirsoze
12-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Learning three positions for a rookie is huge. Massive learning curve.

Exactly. I understand cautious optimism. Even mild skepticism. But the hate that Go Chiefs and his ilk (which are few) is just as outrageous as those who are ready to vote DMC into the pro bowl.

And as far as his T-Shirt sales, GOOD FOR HIM! This is America, Jack! If there wasn't a market for it then they wouldn't be selling. I'd do the same thing in his position.

zonachief
12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Exactly. I understand cautious optimism. Even mild skepticism. But the hate that Go Chiefs and his ilk (which are few) is just as outrageous as those who are ready to vote DMC into the pro bowl.

And as far as his T-Shirt sales, GOOD FOR HIM! This is America, Jack! If there wasn't a market for it then they wouldn't be selling. I'd do the same thing in his position.

someone loves the free market!!!!! yeahh boy!

kysirsoze
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
someone loves the free market!!!!! yeahh boy!

to DC in 3......2......

Chiefnj2
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
If his ankle is healed, missing the last month may be a blessing in disguise. Lots of rookies are going to start hitting that rookie wall really hard. McCluster may be rested a bit and provide additional support down the stretch.

Shaid
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM

You hung off LJ's nuts for years after he became a bum and bitched about Cassel relentlessly. Let's give the rookie a year before we declare him a bust.

Earthling
12-01-2010, 09:30 PM
As soon as he was injured we started a losing streak. Really glad to see him back !

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-01-2010, 09:34 PM

And as far as his T-Shirt sales, GOOD FOR HIM! This is America, Jack! If there wasn't a market for it then they wouldn't be selling. I'd do the same thing in his position.Yeah, but goatcheese has to bitch becasue his tshirts aren't selling. Hating on a player because fans are excited about his potential and because he can sell himself just shows once again what a loser goatcheese is.

Count Zarth
12-01-2010, 09:39 PM
The only reason I hate on McCluster is because he hasn't done shit and people prop him up as some kind of playmaker.

And because a lot of people hated the pick and so far, those people are right.

The draft thread exploded with Pioli hate when we took McCluster and now everyone is trying to rationalize it after seeing what a cutesy gadget player he is who SO GODADAMN LIKEABLE AND EXCITING AND T-SHIRTS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!111one

Produce or GTFO.

Do you see me bitching about Moeaki?

kysirsoze
12-01-2010, 09:55 PM
The only reason I hate on McCluster is because he hasn't done shit and people prop him up as some kind of playmaker.

The draft thread exploded with Pioli hate when we took McCluster and now everyone is trying to rationalize it after seeing what a cutesy gadget player he is who SO GODADAMN LIKEABLE AND EXCITING AND T-SHIRTS MOTHER****ER!!!!!111one

Produce or GTFO.

I get that. But as was said earlier in the thread, I think, you're ire should be focused on the overhyped fans and not Dex himself.

CHENZ A!
12-01-2010, 10:01 PM
DMC ready to rip stuffs up!
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefaRoo
12-01-2010, 10:20 PM

The draft thread exploded with Pioli hate when we took McCluster and now everyone is trying to rationalize it after seeing what a cutesy gadget player he is who SO GODADAMN LIKEABLE AND EXCITING AND T-SHIRTS MOTHER****ER!!!!!111one

Produce or GTFO.

What's with you dude? He's a rookie and he's made a few plays. Then he got hurt. Quit being such a drama queen.

chasedude
12-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Produce or GTFO.

It seems like unless you're not hating on some player around here you dont feeling like you are a legit writer. Is that the prerequisite, to have a Whitlock type attitude so one day you can say, "I was right bitches.. hows my ass taste?" Havn't you eaten enough crow to keep that mouth of yours shut long enough to let the man finish out a complete season before he's crucified? Condemning fans because they buy his T-shirts has nothing to do how he plays.

Honestly, I don't have much faith in anything you spit out on this forum.

DBOSHO
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Mccluster has made some really impressive plays this year. He will just give te defense 1 more problem to worry about, and if cassel continues his good play, this offense will be balls out fucking nuts.

FAX
12-01-2010, 10:33 PM
McCluster has probably received more unwarranted love than Cassel has received unwarranted criticism.

Shiny!

He's had some nice plays ...

Haley says he runs great routes and he should know, I guess. But I don't yet see the extreme, uber-dangerous, offensive threat that some guys seem to be seeing in McCluster. I'm probably wrong about that, though ... as I have been about so many things this year. It appears I may have been wrong about Cassel and I was way wrong about Milton "Mothman" Matherssen. I honestly thought that guy was going to be a superstar in the NFL. In retrospect (and due to my unbridled enthusiasm for the guy), however, I overlooked the fact that the facemask would cancel out his greatest skill and inhibit his ability to chew off the arms of his opponent.

Then again, maybe McCluster could help us on punt returns ... that would be nice. Arenas is nicked up and is playing his ass off as a DB.

FAX

Chiefspants
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
He's had some nice plays ...

Haley says he runs great routes and he should know, I guess. But I don't yet see the extreme, uber-dangerous, offensive threat that some guys seem to be seeing in McCluster. I'm probably wrong about that, though ... as I have been about so many things this year. It appears I may have been wrong about Cassel and I was way wrong about Milton "Mothman" Matherssen. I honestly thought that guy was going to be a superstar in the NFL. In retrospect (and due to my unbridled enthusiasm for the guy), however, I overlooked the fact that the facemask would cancel out his greatest skill and inhibit his ability to chew off the arms of his opponent.

Then again, maybe McCluster could help us on punt returns ... that would be nice. Arenas is nicked up and is playing his ass off as a DB.

FAX

Arenas is doing an incredible job right now, so many people say he was a "complementary" pick, but if he could become a steal if he develops into a solid cornerback.

beach tribe
12-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Wait, McCluster has to learn how to run and return kicks?

Aren't those the two positions that are universally regarded to be the easiest to learn?

But no, we don't offer up excuses for him or anything.

You forgot his main position of receiver, which is one of the hardest to learn, but I'm sure that was an honest mistake.
How many players must you guys be wrong about before you stop all the bashing?

Chiefnj2
12-02-2010, 07:09 AM
You forgot his main position of receiver, which is one of the hardest to learn, but I'm sure that was an honest mistake.
How many players must you guys be wrong about before you stop all the bashing?

And he's forgetting things like picking up blitzes. I'm sure it's all an honest mistake.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-02-2010, 07:15 AM
What is with all the Dexter hate? He is a massively talented rookie with a ton of potential. Give the kid a chance.

because he doesnt have a 1,000 receiver yards and 10 tds, so that means hes a bust

ReynardMuldrake
12-02-2010, 07:22 AM

Produce or GTFO.

A fan should be excited to see if he can reach his potential. Seems you'd rather watch him fail just to tell us 'I told you so.'

SenselessChiefsFan
12-02-2010, 07:36 AM
It is no coincidence that the Chiefs had to find their offensive identity again, after McCluster was hurt. There are two different ways to stretch a defense. Horizontally and vertically. McCluster did a good job of stretching the defense horizontally, even when he wasn't getting the ball. It was easier to run the ball with him in the game.

The loss of McCluster and the blowout at Denver have allowed the Chiefs to explore the downfield passing game.

McCluster also opened up things for Moeaki early in the season, by pulling the coverage up. Teams were more worried about McCluster getting loose than Moeaki.

I think that the addition of McCluster could be big for the offense. I am also worried that Cassel will become check down Charlie with him back in there.

I don't think he will, I think Matt has progressed to the point that he is reading the defenses better. McCluster will be instrumental on screens and reverses.

I don't see how anyone could bash the pick..... but then again, the planet knows best.... they prove it all the time by nailing opinions of guys like Tamba Hali.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-02-2010, 07:37 AM
A fan should be excited to see if he can reach his potential. Seems you'd rather watch him fail just to tell us 'I told you so.'

This is Chiefs planet.... that's kind of the 'in' thing here. I thought you knew.

RockChalk
12-02-2010, 08:51 AM

This is all anyone needs to know about your ability (or lack thereof) to evaluate players.

The return TD and SF TD show his talent and that he has indeed "done shit" this season. While he hasn't dominated this year, I will take his 7.96 yards per touch game in game out. He has definitely been "over-hyped" but that doesn't mean he's not been good for us when he's on the field.

RedThat
12-02-2010, 09:29 AM

****ing a!

Want to comment on these particular words in your sentence.

Yeah that is something in which I think is very overlooked in the Chiefs successful season. He's a big reason why the Chiefs are ahead of the Chargers right now.

The return for the TD made the difference in that game. And that was something thats long past, and probably many of us wouldn't even think about right now. Thank you for the reminder btw.

bkkcoh
12-02-2010, 09:30 AM
One thing about it, with McCluster not playing the last few games, he should be well rested and provide a lot of energy the rest of the season.

He shouldn't hit the rookie wall this year.

Saul Good
12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
McCluster made the biggest play of the season. Without that return, we are a game back of the Chargers.

Dante84
12-02-2010, 10:25 AM
It is no coincidence that the Chiefs had to find their offensive identity again, after McCluster was hurt. There are two different ways to stretch a defense. Horizontally and vertically. McCluster did a good job of stretching the defense horizontally, even when he wasn't getting the ball. It was easier to run the ball with him in the game.

The loss of McCluster and the blowout at Denver have allowed the Chiefs to explore the downfield passing game.

McCluster also opened up things for Moeaki early in the season, by pulling the coverage up. Teams were more worried about McCluster getting loose than Moeaki.

I think that the addition of McCluster could be big for the offense. I am also worried that Cassel will become check down Charlie with him back in there.

I don't think he will, I think Matt has progressed to the point that he is reading the defenses better. McCluster will be instrumental on screens and reverses.

I don't see how anyone could bash the pick..... but then again, the planet knows best.... they prove it all the time by nailing opinions of guys like Tamba Hali.

Great post.

LaChapelle
12-02-2010, 10:30 AM
This is great news
anything Gochiefs triumphs
go 180 FTW

beach tribe
12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
What's the word on Flowers??

InChiefsHell
12-02-2010, 12:20 PM
What's the word on Flowers??

They are good to buy your wife after an argument? :shrug:

Short Leash Hootie
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Shiny!

Totally disagree...

He had made 2 or 3 WOW catches...albeit not for big gains...but ones on the sideline where I had no idea he could make a play like that...

He knows where the chains are...

and he's electrifying...teams have to account for him in the slot, split out, out of the backfield or on reverses...

and he's a better returner than Arenas (although our special teams haven't looked so special as of late)...

either way...it's funny that these number guys want to tell us Cassel's numbers don't mean anything but McCluster sucks because he doesn't have numbers...

Make up your damn minds...if we're doing the "eye test" thing...McCluster is a damn fine football player...we all see it.

-King-
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/343358413/josh_biopic_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) told media he's playing RT @OnlyKCFanNVA (http://twitter.com/OnlyKCFanNVA): @JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) how confident is DMC concerning a return this week? 5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney/status/10430208242876416) via TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/343358413/josh_biopic_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) McCluster said he was a true gametime decision last week. Felt good after warmups but staff decided he needed 1 more week.

Chief3188
12-02-2010, 02:05 PM

Shiny!

What is unwarranted about loving a player that makes big plays in many different ways? He is a utility player ala Reggie Bush. He is never going to be at the top of any one statistic in any one category but his impact can be just as big as any player who plays one position.

Chocolate Hog
12-02-2010, 02:06 PM

Damn already?

Short Leash Hootie
12-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Damn already?

yeah just like we were losing Charles

and just like Haley and Weis were at each other's throats

Chiefs won't give the local media anything so they create their own "stories"...

DeezNutz
12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Totally disagree...

He had made 2 or 3 WOW catches...albeit not for big gains...but ones on the sideline where I had no idea he could make a play like that...

He knows where the chains are...

and he's electrifying...teams have to account for him in the slot, split out, out of the backfield or on reverses...

and he's a better returner than Arenas (although our special teams haven't looked so special as of late)...

either way...it's funny that these number guys want to tell us Cassel's numbers don't mean anything but McCluster sucks because he doesn't have numbers...

Make up your damn minds...if we're doing the "eye test" thing...McCluster is a damn fine football player...we all see it.

I'm not saying he's not a talented player or that he hasn't had some very nice moments this year. What I am saying, however, is that he hasn't been on the field long enough for him to have earned the rave reviews.

He might, but he hasn't yet.