PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Playoff Machine (from ESPN)

Old Dog
12-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Input who you think will win each game and see where each team would stand.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Short Leash Hootie
12-02-2010, 02:00 PM
that thing is retarded

DMAC
12-02-2010, 02:02 PM
that thing is mentally challenged

FYP

:thumb:

ReynardMuldrake
12-02-2010, 02:21 PM
The scary thing is two of those predictions have the Chiefs 11-5 and out of the playoffs. I can't imagine the Rams in at 7-9 and the Chiefs out at 11-5. I don't even want to think about that.

DonTellMeShowMe
12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
The scary thing is two of those predictions have the Chiefs 11-5 and out of the playoffs. I can't imagine the Rams in at 7-9 and the Chiefs out at 11-5. I don't even want to think about that.

or the 49ers :p

Sofa King
12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
San diego has to lose at least 1 game. preferably to us.

Sofa King
12-02-2010, 02:28 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WebGem
12-02-2010, 02:46 PM
We need:

1. to win out
2. for Pitt and Bal to each lose twice
3. for NE to choke in the divisional round at home

The AFC title game is coming to Arrowhead, baby.

KCtotheSB
12-02-2010, 02:59 PM
We need:

1. To win out.

There, that makes it easy.

WebGem
12-02-2010, 03:00 PM
We need:

1. To win out.

There, that makes it easy.

No we need to do what I said, so we win it all like Dwayne said.

I'm already a Knicks fan, I don't need anymore failed guarantees.

KCrockaholic
12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
This has been a great season, but with the way it could turn out, we are in for a huge let down.

ReynardMuldrake
12-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Oh dear god...

TheGuardian
12-02-2010, 03:07 PM
We just need to win out. That's it.

KCrockaholic
12-02-2010, 03:08 PM
We just need to win out. That's it.

Could this team seriously go 12-4? Not even the most homerific of fans picked us to be that good.

TheGuardian
12-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Could this team seriously go 12-4? Not even the most homerific of fans picked us to be that good.

We're going to find out. Really, we don't HAVE to win out if we beat San Diego. We can afford to drop one and win the others and they can't catch us I believe.

ReynardMuldrake
12-02-2010, 03:12 PM
We're going to find out. Really, we don't HAVE to win out if we beat San Diego. We can afford to drop one and win the others and they can't catch us I believe.

We can even lose to SD if they can manage to lose to someone else.

KCrockaholic
12-02-2010, 03:14 PM
We can even lose to SD if they can manage to lose to someone else.

Yep. But who? Their schedule from here on out is a cake walk. Maybe Cincy? Maybe Dungver pulls an upset?

Are we Faider fans this weekend?

ReynardMuldrake
12-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Yep. But who? Their schedule from here on out is a cake walk. Maybe Cincy? Maybe Dungver pulls an upset?

I get the feeling that SD is a little overconfident. The Oakland game will be a grudge match. Oakland has nothing to lose, nothing they would love better than to knock SD out of the playoffs with a sweep.

Old Dog
12-02-2010, 03:25 PM

Absofuckinglutely, or if you prefer, "Yes".

JD10367
12-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Wow. Mine also came up with the Chiefs at 11-5 and missing the playoffs.

AFC

1st: Pats (13-3)
2nd: Ravens (12-4)
WC weekend:
Jets (6th, 11-5) @ Chargers (3rd, 11-5)
Steelers (5th, 12-4) @ Colts (4th, 11-5)

NFC

1st: Atlanta (14-2)
2nd: Chicago (12-4)
WC weekend:
Packers (6th, 11-5) @ Giants (3rd, 11-5)
Saints (5th, 12-4) @ Seahawks (4th, 8-8)

In my scenario, at least, as far as the AFC goes, the Chiefs would lose out to teams with equal records. But the Steelers would still have to go on the road to play a team with a worse record, which isn't fair. In the NFC it's even worse, as the shitty .500 Seahawks get in AND host the 12-4 Saints.

They gotta fix this, IMO. This four-division crap ain't working the way it should.

JD10367
12-02-2010, 03:29 PM

::: cough, cough ::: :rolleyes: :D (And I'm not even a Chiefs fan...)

CoMoChief
12-02-2010, 03:30 PM

I think in 2005 (DV's last season) we went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.....I think we were the first 10-6 team to miss the playoffs.

If that's the case....we could also now be the first team to miss the playoffs when going 11-5. Unbelievable that could happen twice.

The Houston and Oakland games just KILLED us. We'd be sitting fine and dandy had we won both of those games. Now we pretty much have to win out because SD isn't losing IMO between now and the end of the season.

KCrockaholic
12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I think in 2005 (DV's last season) we went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.....I think we were the first 10-6 team to miss the playoffs.

If that's the case....we could also now be the first team to miss the playoffs when going 11-5. Unbelievable that could happen twice.

The Houston and Oakland games just KILLED us. We'd be sitting fine and dandy had we won both of those games. Now we pretty much have to win out because SD isn't losing IMO between now and the end of the season.

Wrong. New England. 2008. Common denominator, Matt Cassel...Oh and Mike Vrabel. Maybe he's the real curse? :)

Redcoats58
12-02-2010, 03:43 PM

Also, it would be the second time Matt Cassel Didn't make the playoffs at 11-5

SNR
12-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Good news:

If we beat San Diego, there's a fairly good chance we'll have the #2 seed in the playoffs

Bad news:

A lot of the scenarios I planned out had us missing the playoffs entirely

JD10367
12-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Good news:

If we beat San Diego, there's a fairly good chance we'll have the #2 seed in the playoffs

Bad news:

Despite the fact that both pairs of division leaders play each other this week, I still think the top two seeds are probably going AFCE and AFCN. I think the S and W winners will end up 3 and 4, and the second team in the E and N get the wildcard. But it's going to be very close. We're talking a one-game swing. It's possible that, say, the Chiefs and Chargers both go to the playoffs, with one of them having a bye week, but IMO it's unlikely.

KCrockaholic
12-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Good news:

Bad news:

Proof that this season is "All or Nothing".

SNR
12-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Despite the fact that both pairs of division leaders play each other this week, I still think the top two seeds are probably going AFCE and AFCN. I think the S and W winners will end up 3 and 4, and the second team in the E and N get the wildcard. But it's going to be very close. We're talking a one-game swing. It's possible that, say, the Chiefs and Chargers both go to the playoffs, with one of them having a bye week, but IMO it's unlikely.Not really. New England has tough games against the Jets and Packers. If they lose both of them (which I predict they will), they're at 12-4 and the computer says we would hold the tiebreaker over them.

Same thing with Steelers/Ravens. One of them is going to lose a game for sure when they play each other this week. There are numerous other opportunities for one of them to pick up two more Ls at that point.

cdcox
12-02-2010, 04:21 PM
To make the playoffs we need:

A. To beat SD and two other teams. The other two games don't matter. We would also need Oakland to lose one game.

B. Lose to SD and go 11-5 and
1)We would need the Steelers or Ravens to lose 3 games and the Dolphins lose 1 game OR
2) SD to lose one game

C. A miracle

KCrockaholic
12-02-2010, 04:23 PM

A. To beat SD and two other teams. The other two games don't matter. We would also need Oakland to lose one game.

1)We would need the Steelers or Ravens to lose 3 games and the Dolphins lose 1 game OR
2) SD to lose one game

C. A miracle

Wow....Can we put this one under miracle?

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2010, 04:26 PM

2nd.

cdcox
12-02-2010, 04:27 PM

The Ravens have the Steelers, Texans, Saints, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Not really a miracle.

The Steelers have the Ravens, Bengals, Jets, Carolina and Browns. Not likely, but not impossible.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-02-2010, 04:33 PM

2) SD to lose one game

C. A miracle

Basically if we beat the Donkeys this week, all we need to do is beat SD and we're pretty much in if we don't have a collapse after we beat SD.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Step 1:

Beat the team that took KC to the woodshed a few weeks ago.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Step 1:

No joke. Definitely.

DMAC
12-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Step 1:

Bringin us back to perspective....

WebGem
12-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Good news:

Um, no. Well, please define a 'good chance'. If we beat SD, we will have to win every single other game AND Baltimore and Pittsburgh both need to lose 2 of their final 5 games. The combo of those two is not a 'good chance'. However, it is most definitely possible and wouldn't take an absolute miracle.

SNR
12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Um, no. Well, please define a 'good chance'. If we beat SD, we will have to win every single other game AND Baltimore and Pittsburgh both need to lose 2 of their final 5 games. The combo of those two is not a 'good chance'. However, it is most definitely possible and wouldn't take an absolute miracle.Look at the matchups. If we beat SD we can easily win home games against weaker division opponents and beat a weak titans team in Arrowhead. The Rams game is a hangup, but do you think Haley's gonna let the team piss their chances away after coming out on top?

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are both facing at least two teams that could beat them.

By "good chance" I meant "puncher's chance". According to how I called the games provided I gave the Chiefs @SD, we got the #2 seed

JD10367
12-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Just re-ran the simulator with this weekend's results (so far), and now I come out with:

1 Pats
2 Ravens
3 Chiefs
4 Colts
5 Steelers
6 Jets

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Fine with me. Bring the Jets to Arrowhead.

JD10367
12-05-2010, 09:20 PM

That would rock. I'd love to watch Ryan and Sanchez get their asses kicked by KC. I think the Colts would probably beat Pittsburgh (I just don't trust Manning to continue fucking up). That would set up a week two of Colts @ Pats and Chiefs @ Ravens. That, in turn, would set up a very good AFCCG no matter how you slice it (although, obviously, I'd prefer it end up Chiefs @ Pats).

Fumblerooski
12-05-2010, 09:22 PM

This... Not scared of the Sanchez'es....

Der Flöprer
12-05-2010, 09:36 PM
My prediction is Indy doesn't make the playoffs this year.

JD10367
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
My prediction is Indy doesn't make the playoffs this year.

Jags have Oakland (tough), @ Indy (tough), Washington (a W), @ Houston (tough).

Colts, while a game behind, have @ Tenn (easy), Jax (tough but it's at Indy), @ Oakland (tough), Tenn (easy).

I think the Titans have packed it in. The AFCS is going to hinge on that Jax @ Indy game, which I think Indy will win... much like the AFCN hinges on tonight's, the AFCW hinges on next week, and the AFCE hinges on tomorrow night. One thing the NFL did which has not been mentioned much: in order to cut down on meaningless late-season games, they made a concerted effort to plan a lot of inter-divisional matchups late in the season. It's certainly making things interesting...

kysirsoze
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
According to my predictions, the Jets are the 1st and 5th seeds.

Wha?

JD10367
12-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Bump.

JD10367
12-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Bumpity bump.

Chiefnj2
12-13-2010, 10:54 AM
If the Jets completely tank then KC and San Diego could make the post-season and face each other in the wild card game.

JD10367
12-13-2010, 11:11 AM
If the Jets completely tank then KC and San Diego could make the post-season and face each other in the wild card game.

I ran through the final three weeks again and now come out with the Pats and Steelers having a bye, and KC hosting Baltimore while Jacksonville hosts San Diego.

Bill Parcells
12-13-2010, 11:24 AM

The Jets are in total implosion mode now. you have defensive players mad at Rex for him saying it was a total team loss. thats why you dont get too high when you're winning or too low when you're losing. he looked like he was in a state of shock after the game yesterday.

They can beat the Steelers if they come out and play aggressive on offense. if they try and run the ball with predictability again they might get embarrassed again..lol