PDA

View Full Version : Life Nice people are nice.

Rain Man
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't want to brag, but someone today gave me the nicest compliment I've ever received in my life. It was kind of out of blue and really took me aback, but wow, it's good for morale. It came from a person who's a casual acquaintance that I see maybe once or twice a year, which made it all the more surprising. Totally blew me away.

(And no, it wasn't about my sexual prowess, which made it even more surprising since that's usually where I get my best feedback.)

Anyone else ever have a moment like that where you got very strong positive feedback that was completely unexpected?

Tylerthigpen!1!
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't want to brag, but someone today gave me the nicest compliment I've ever received in my life. It was kind of out of blue and really took me aback, but wow, it's good for morale. It came from a person who's a casual acquaintance that I see maybe once or twice a year, which made it all the more surprising. Totally blew me away.

(And no, it wasn't about my sexual prowess, which made it even more surprising since that's usually where I get my best feedback.)

Anyone else ever have a moment like that where you got very strong positive feedback that was completely unexpected?

You can't have a build up like that and not say the compliment.
It is the rules.

blaise
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
They're going to ask you for money tomorrow.

luv
12-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I almost type something that puts myself down.

To answer your question, yes, I have. Feels pretty good. Especially the ones that just make your entire week.

Pawnmower
12-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Huge dong?

Gadzooks
12-02-2010, 11:46 PM
A woman once told me I had a big dinky.
I still don't know how to feel aboot that one.

big nasty kcnut
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
rain man you are the awesome. Also luv your pretty and a awesome lady.

bishop_74
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM

:thumb: Good man.

HoneyBadger
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Do we get to know what was said about you??

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM

That's the second-best compliment I've received today, and on any other day it would likely be first. Thanks! And you're the best political blogger I know.

Shogun
12-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Rain Mans a great poster.

Baconeater
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
This. You can't leave us hanging like that.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM

Y'know, I pondered adding it, but I'm not sure if it would dilute it by doing so. And I really don't want to crow about the compliment itself. It's more about the warm and fuzzy that it gave me.

It made me think that I really need to be more open about complimenting other people besides Jamaal Charles and Brandon Flowers.

Baconeater
12-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Y'know, I pondered adding it, but I'm not sure if it would dilute it by doing so. And I really don't want to crow about the compliment itself. It's more about the warm and fuzzy that it gave me.

It made me think that I really need to be more open about complimenting other people besides Jamaal Charles and Brandon Flowers.
Would you mind complimenting me about something? I could use an ego boost.

Tylerthigpen!1!
12-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Coming from a noob, you seem like a quality guy.

Iowanian
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I talked to a really nice guy tonight at a local event.

He was visiting for a little while and turns out he's a detective on a boarder town in Texas.
I was really interested in what he had to say and I asked about the type of projects he works on. He began telling me of his latest case from this week and how quickly they had solved a murder.

He said the key piece of evidence was the weapon and he was able to identify it from a visual examination of the wound. The story began when they rolled up to the scene and his partner asked him what he thought. He said "I'm pretty sure the murder weapon is a golf gun". "A golf gun? how do you know that?" replied the partner.

"easy he said, I know it's a rare golf gun, because it made a hole in Juan".

i congratulated him on his big success and he told me I was an excellent listener.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Rain Mans a great poster.

Wow, thanks. That's among the top three compliments that I've received today. And I think you're one of the nicest people I know that I've never met in person.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:16 AM

You are one of the most intriguing people on chiefsplanet to me, in part because you share a lot but are still very effective at being private.

luv
12-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Wow, thanks. That's among the top three compliments that I've received today. And I think you're one of the nicest people I know that I've never met in person.

That sounds familiar. I know I've said that recently.

luv
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM

I don't think you need to add it.

luv
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
One compliment you should never give a single woman...

"If I wasn't already married, I'd ask you out/hit on you."

Even if you mean it, it's one of those compliments that comes across as you just trying to say something nice. I mean, what good does a compliment like that do for me? If you think I'm that great, then talk one of your single friends into asking me out.

/rant

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
That sounds familiar. I know I've said that recently.

I knew I'd heard it somewhere.

Lumpy
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
On Classmates, somebody remembered me as being "creative".

It was posted by my boss. :shrug:

Was "wasted talent" not on that list?

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:24 AM
One compliment you should never give a single woman...

"If I wasn't already married, I'd ask you out/hit on you."

Even if you mean it, it's one of those compliments that comes across as you just trying to say something nice. I mean, what good does a compliment like that do for me? If you think I'm that great, then talk one of your single friends into asking me out.

/rant

That's interesting to hear, because I would've thought that was a great compliment.

luv
12-03-2010, 12:24 AM
I knew I'd heard it somewhere.

I couldn't remember who I said it to. I wasn't thinking it was you. Although, you are high on that list. :)

luv
12-03-2010, 12:27 AM
That's interesting to hear, because I would've thought that was a great compliment.

I think it's because I've heard it so much. Why is it every guy who would actually ask me out is already married, while no single guys ever do? Tells me it's a way for a guy to be nice knowing he'll never have to follow up on it.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I couldn't remember who I said it to. I wasn't thinking it was you. Although, you are high on that list. :)

Actually, I just meant that I had heard it, not that it was directed at me. But your last sentence is one of the four nicest things that anyone has said to me today. And I admire you for tackling your career change with such grace. And if I was single, I'd ... no, wait. I'm not going there.

luv
12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Actually, I just meant that I had heard it, not that it was directed at me. But your last sentence is one of the four nicest things that anyone has said to me today. And I admire you for tackling your career change with such grace. And if I was single, I'd ... no, wait. I'm not going there.

I was going to say that the day was only 30 minutes old, but you've still go 30 minutes to go until you're on the same today I'm on.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:31 AM
I think it's because I've heard it so much. Why is it every guy who would actually ask me out is already married, while no single guys ever do? Tells me it's a way for a guy to be nice knowing he'll never have to follow up on it.

Yeah, that's a good point, I guess. I could see where it would have a hollow ring to it. I'll say too, though, that I think it's easier for a married guy to make an open statement like that than it is for a single guy, because we can say it without any fear of rejection. The wedding ring is a free pass for making a statement like that.

rtmike
12-03-2010, 12:35 AM

You know how you see some people's avatar's & automatically jump past a bunch of other members' so you can read their take.

That's you. :thumb:

There's always some kind of sick, twisted humor in most of your posts'. Quality poster.

Lumpy
12-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Luv, if I wasn't already married...

;)

Shogun
12-03-2010, 12:46 AM

You're a gentleman and a scholar, if I ever see you tailgating I will bring you a bottle of Crown to pleasantly share.

Baconeater
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
You are one of the most intriguing people on chiefsplanet to me, in part because you share a lot but are still very effective at being private.
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me! Thanks!

SNR
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
There's a lot of shit being talked about everybody in this thread right now

HoneyBadger
12-03-2010, 12:57 AM
This is becoming a free ego-boosting thread

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 12:59 AM
You know how you see some people's avatar's & automatically jump past a bunch of other members' so you can read their take.

That's you. :thumb:

There's always some kind of sick, twisted humor in most of your posts'. Quality poster.

And you know what? I really enjoy your posts, too. I don't know how old you are, but it seems like we grew up in very similar towns doing very similar types of things, so I always kind of identify with any of your nostalgia.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 01:00 AM
This is becoming a free ego-boosting thread

It's more fun than it seems. It's kind of the new black.

luv
12-03-2010, 01:06 AM
It's more fun than it seems. It's kind of the new black.

That's racist.

luv
12-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Oh, and welcome to today, Rain Man.

Let me be the first to tell you that you have the greatest poll power on the Planet. ;)

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 01:09 AM

Let me be the first to tell you that you have the greatest poll power on the Planet. ;)

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me today.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 01:10 AM
That's racist.

Actually, right now that's the second-nicest thing anyone has said to me today, but I think it'll drop as the day goes on.

CoMoChief
12-03-2010, 01:13 AM
clogged the toilet today.....i guess im pretty good at that.

Hog Farmer
12-03-2010, 04:32 AM

Yeah, I wonder !:rolleyes:

JOhn
12-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Actually, right now that's the second-nicest thing anyone has said to me today, but I think it'll drop as the day goes on.

:thumb:

Btw, not only are your polls great...but sometimes they are really eye catching

greg63
12-03-2010, 06:15 AM

No.

Iowanian
12-03-2010, 07:17 AM

This is pretty nice because it's an informed opinion because unless there is a darkhorse, Luv has taken the most chiefsplanet poles.

bevischief
12-03-2010, 07:47 AM
clogged the toilet today.....i guess im pretty good at that.

ROFL

Dartgod
12-03-2010, 08:19 AM

I'll bet it was, "Say, that soup stain on your back really compliments your eyes".

I'm right, aren't I?

Earthling
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
An old woman told me that if she was 20 years younger I would "be in her sights." I'm pretty sure it wasn't her gun sights so yeah...

Sofa King
12-03-2010, 08:48 AM
An old woman told me that if she was 20 years younger I would "be in her sights." I'm pretty sure it wasn't her gun sights so yeah...

did you PIIHB?

AndChiefs
12-03-2010, 08:48 AM
A lot of positivity in here. I'm pretty sure I've been transplanted to a different dimension or something.

However, I agree that Rain Man is an excellent poster and I always enjoy reading your threads.

stevieray
12-03-2010, 08:53 AM
It's nice that you would pass on someone being nice.

are we paying it forward? if so, that's nice too...

seclark
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM
my wife tells people that when i die, she's through with men.
so i've got that going for me...i guess.
sec

Baconeater
12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
sec
I'm not sure that's a compliment...

seclark
12-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure that's a compliment...

i'm a glass is half full kinda guy.
sec

stevieray
12-03-2010, 09:07 AM
i'm a glass is half full kinda guy.
sec

that's nice.

Pennywise
12-03-2010, 09:27 AM
sec

So you keel over and she starts a scissoring?

gblowfish
12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
"It's nice to be nice to the nice." - Frank Burns

seclark
12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
So you keel over and she starts a scissoring?

i did inquire about that. she told me to sober up.
sec

Amnorix
12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Weird. Looks like ChiefsPlanet... Posters have the same name as what I see on ChiefsPlanet....

More seriously, we all like compliments, which is why we shoudl all (including me, no question) should probably toss them around a bit more frequently and further than manhole covers.

luv
12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
This is pretty nice because it's an informed opinion because unless there is a darkhorse, Luv has taken the most chiefsplanet poles.
I think that's the first time you've called me informed.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
A lot of positivity in here. I'm pretty sure I've been transplanted to a different dimension or something.

However, I agree that Rain Man is an excellent poster and I always enjoy reading your threads.

And I like your posts, too. I like how you carried the flag recently against the bad cartoons in the epic fail thread. It displayed leadership and good taste.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I think that's the first time you've called me informed.

That was really nice of him, wasn't it?

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Do you mind telling us what the compliment was, or did I miss something?

Rain Man
No.

No? NO!?!?!

You're an easy one. You seem like a good and caring father from what I've read. And that, sir, is a compliment not distributed lightly.

Donger

No.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Do you mind telling us what the compliment was, or did I miss something?

I thought it would be immodest to say it, so I just bragged about it in abstract.

luv
12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
No.

You always expect it, huh?

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I thought it would be immodest to say it, so I just bragged about it in abstract.

I see. Thanks anyway jerk off.

luv
12-03-2010, 02:30 PM
I see. Thanks anyway jerk off.

Awww. It must really suck when someone refuses to spell something out so you can understand it, huh?

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Awww. It must really suck when someone refuses to spell something out so you can understand it, huh?

Why don't you like me?

Donger
12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
You always expect it, huh?

No.

Fritz88
12-03-2010, 02:34 PM
If Rainman were not a man, I'd probably consider asking him out on an online blinddate.

luv
12-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Why don't you like me?

You've given me more reasons not to.

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:35 PM
You've given me more reasons not to.

So I can just classify you as a hater than.

HAAAAATEEEERRRRR.

luv
12-03-2010, 02:36 PM
So I can just classify you as a hater than.

HAAAAATEEEERRRRR.

Just because I don't like you doesn't mean I hate you. It means I don't like you.

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Just because I don't like you doesn't mean I hate you. It means I don't like you.

But it means you are a hater. Not that you hate me.

Donger
12-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Aric, may I ask your age?

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Aric, may I ask your age?

Sure no problem.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:39 PM
No.

No? NO!?!?! You know more about planes than any non-aerospace engineer I know. And you're very good at logical constructs.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:40 PM
If Rainman were not a man, I'd probably consider asking him out on an online blinddate.

And if you were not a man, I'd probably consider accepting.

Donger
12-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Sure no problem.

What is your age?

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:43 PM
What is your age?

I'm 18.

Donger
12-03-2010, 02:43 PM
No? NO!?!?! You know more about planes than any non-aerospace engineer I know. And you're very good at logical constructs.

I believe that you have me confused with someone else.

Donger
12-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm 18.

Thanks.

Awesome Aric
Thanks.

No problem bro.

allen_kcCard
I've always sucked at taking compliments, well at least the times I've sucked at it still stand out to me.

I remember in college, me and my roommate I went over to a friends dorm to watch TV, which was an all girls dorm. On the way in, the friends' CA was working the front desk, and my roomate (who was over there a lot more than me) recognized her and stopped to talk for a second, and then she and I started talking for a bit as well. He went on to the room and I talked for another couple minutes later before leaving as well.

A few days later, one of the friends said that she talked to CA and she said that I was "cute". I handled it like an ass and was dissappointed and the girl asked me why I didn't take that as a compliment. I told her that them saying I was "cute" gave me the impression of them thinking I was just a kid.

Such an idiot I was....she was smokin, although by the time I was older and knew better the freshman 15 she had avoided at the time I speak of above caught up to her and then some, else I might have tried to follow up on the chance I squandered earlier in life.

Oh yeah....and ya'll are all swell.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm 18.

You are the nicest 18 year-old I know.

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:47 PM

Wow thanks.

Donger
12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
No problem bro.

In recognition of your selflessness, I hereby grant you the opportunity to watch this. May it find you well:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sROhhid5CB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sROhhid5CB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chasedude
12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I can't remember the last compliment I received that gave me that "wow" feeling.

I get the usual "thanks" here and there but it usually has to do with computer work, my job. I don't see those as great "wow" factors, I'm there to do my job... period.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:55 PM
I believe that you have me confused with someone else.

You really handled that gracefully.

Superturtle
12-03-2010, 02:56 PM
...............But I'm 18 too.....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa3g7cYN7qfT7Ady9IE7JwdZCuqvzTaojeEmBQlr3MGiH0dvCzPw

Donger
12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
You really handled that gracefully.

Speaking of which, did you hear that that (I hate when that that happens) really cool, autonomous space vehicle recently ended its test flight?

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I can't remember the last compliment I received that gave me that "wow" feeling.

I get the usual "thanks" here and there but it usually has to do with computer work, my job. I don't see those as great "wow" factors, I'm there to do my job... period.

It's rare, but I guess that's why it's nice when it happens.

As the computer guy, you probably deal with people when they're frustrated, which means that you probably don't get the appreciation you deserve.

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Speaking of which, did you hear that that (I hate when that that happens) really cool, autonomous space vehicle recently ended its test flight recently?

What's the deal with that billion dollar thingy that can turn into a black hole?

Donger
12-03-2010, 03:00 PM
What's the deal with that billion dollar thingy that can turn into a black hole?

Oingo Boingo?

chasedude
12-03-2010, 03:01 PM
It's rare, but I guess that's why it's nice when it happens.

As the computer guy, you probably deal with people when they're frustrated, which means that you probably don't get the appreciation you deserve.

LMAO That's true! I'm often used as a scapegoat also. "All else fails, blame the computer guy"

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 03:03 PM
...............But I'm 18 too.....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa3g7cYN7qfT7Ady9IE7JwdZCuqvzTaojeEmBQlr3MGiH0dvCzPw

Seriously? You're so mature and polished that I assumed you were at least 21.

Awesome Aric
12-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Oingo Boingo?

The Hadron Collider, silly!

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
LMAO That's true! I'm often used as a scapegoat also. "All else fails, blame the computer guy"

I know that I do that. It saves me from embarrassment all the time.

Rain Man
12-03-2010, 03:07 PM
The Hadron Collider, silly!

I thought that was a weapon the Romans used against the Celts.

AndChiefs
12-03-2010, 03:23 PM
And I like your posts, too. I like how you carried the flag recently against the bad cartoons in the epic fail thread. It displayed leadership and good taste.

What can I say? Leadership just comes naturally. ;)