PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Flowers out vs. Broncos

aturnis
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Scoop- Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers OUT this Sunday against the Broncos. Travis Daniels expected to start in his place.

Twitter / nick wright
Via Nick Wright of 610 Sports. This could hurt.

Bowser
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
This is from Nick Wright. I'll wait until gameday to believe it.

doomy3
12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Son of a bitch.

LaChapelle
12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't see how anyone would be surprised by this
pretty easy limb to climb on

ReynardMuldrake
12-03-2010, 12:05 PM
SD game is still more important. We need him to be 100% for that game.

doomy3
12-03-2010, 12:05 PM
SD game is still more important. We need him to be 100% for that game.

Every game is important. This game is every bit as important as the SD game, since they are both divisional games.

WebGem
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
If we can win by 18 in Seattle without him, this shouldn't be something to worry much about (assuming he'll be back the following week).

Frazod
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Motherfucker. :doh!:

We'd better get pressure on Neckbeard early and often.

WebGem
12-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Every game is important. This game is every bit as important as the SD game, since they are both divisional games.

It's very important, but its not even close to as important as the SD game.

LaChapelle
Ty Law is on call
If in Arrowhead Indy gets the call

ReynardMuldrake

You realize the Chargers are the ones who can knock us out of the playoffs, right? If he is not 100%, he needs to sit. The SD game might as well be a playoff game.

Garcia Bronco
12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Bummer. I love to see Hokies play on Sunday

doomy3
12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
You realize the Chargers are the ones who can knock us out of the playoffs, right? If he is not 100%, he needs to sit. The SD game might as well be a playoff game.

Yes, I do realize that. I also realize that if we lose this week, we are in a worse position to make the playoffs regardless of the rest of the games. This is a very important game, unless you think that we are going to win out after this one.

But I do agree he needs to sit if he isn't healthy.

Direckshun
12-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Oof.

That's Flowers and Lewis out.

I hope the Chiefs play this one conservative. Drop eight and dare the Donks to run.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Drop eight and dare the Donks to run.

That was part of the problem during the first meeting too...we couldnt stop the run.

Detoxing
12-03-2010, 12:12 PM
This was to be expected. Those hamstring injuries are killers for DB's and WR's.

I think he'll play against SD...and probably re-aggrivate it Darelle Revis style.

Frazod
12-03-2010, 12:13 PM
FWIW, Daniels did have a good game last week. It's not like we're starting Bartee.

LaChapelle
It doesn't really matter
If the playoffs come down to the last game
Cassel will get knocked out via Karma and Brodie stinks it up

Mile High Mania
If we can win by 18 in Seattle without him, this shouldn't be something to worry much about (assuming he'll be back the following week).

Yes, because SEA has a much more potent passing attack...

Garcia Bronco
12-03-2010, 12:16 PM
That was part of the problem during the first meeting too...we couldnt stop the run.

We owned the trenches on both sides of the ball in that game.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Oof.

That's Flowers and Lewis out.

I hope the Chiefs play this one conservative. Drop eight and dare the Donks to run.

huh who said Lewis is out?

'Hamas' Jenkins
I think the most interesting thing about the fact that we started Bates and Daniels in B2B weeks at the RCB position is what it says about what they think about Arenas.

He's clearly a better corner than Bates or Daniels, but they must view him as a slot guy and a slot guy only if they aren't giving him a shot to work outside.

LoneWolf
Yes, I do realize that. I also realize that if we lose this week, we are in a worse position to make the playoffs regardless of the rest of the games. This is a very important game, unless you think that we are going to win out after this one.

But I do agree he needs to sit if he isn't healthy.

If KC loses to Denver and SD beats Oakland, they are tied for first. If KC would then beat SD next week they would be one game in first and own the tiebreaker against SD because they would have beaten them twice. That is the same as having a two game lead. That would mean KC would have to go 1-2 over their last 3 games and SD would have to go 3-0 for SD to win the division. Does that help clear up why the SD game is more important than the Denver game?

Mr. Arrowhead
12-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I think the most interesting thing about the fact that we started Bates and Daniels in B2B weeks at the RCB position is what it says about what they think about Arenas.

He's clearly a better corner than Bates or Daniels, but they must view him as a slot guy and a slot guy only if they aren't giving him a shot to work outside.

I think Haley said some along lines of why would i want to weaken 2 spots

LaChapelle
12-03-2010, 12:20 PM
The first loss to Denver has brought the offense to life since
a second loss will bring the defense into sharp focus in the off season

Mr. Arrowhead
12-03-2010, 12:20 PM
John Henderson is gonna sign with the chiefs, o wait nevermind

-King-
12-03-2010, 12:23 PM
This is from Nick Wright. I'll wait until gameday to believe it.

Nick Wright is always right (no pun intended) about these kinds of things. He's very close to the players.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Nick Wright is always right (no pun intended) about these kinds of things. He's very close to the players.

ya just like he said John Henderson was gonna sign with the chiefs

Bowser
12-03-2010, 12:24 PM
John Henderson is gonna sign with the chiefs, o wait nevermind

Hahaha.

-King-
12-03-2010, 12:25 PM
ya just like he said John Henderson was gonna sign with the chiefs

...John Henderson wasn't a current player at the time :spock: so ofcourse Nick wasn't close to him.

Nick was the same guy that said McCluster wouldn't play last week on Wednesday or thursday even though he was a full participant in practice. Everyone else thought he would.

Cave Johnson
12-03-2010, 12:27 PM

I know Hamas would like to throw bombs, but Haley's reasoning is solid. Arenas is playing well in the nickel (has made a number of tackles short of the down marker) in addition to his ST snaps.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2010, 12:30 PM

And yet he seemed to have no problem moving Richardson over to LT last week, when he's not nearly as good of a LT as Albert, and he's a better RT than O'Failaghan.

Furthermore, Denver isn't going to run 3 wide on every snap. If you want to move Arenas to the slot on obvious passing downs, then do it.

His logic isn't consistent, but the KC media is among the dumbest in the country, so no followup questions were asked.

Tuckdaddy
12-03-2010, 12:30 PM

We need all wins. I will agree that SD is probably do or die. They have 3 straight at home and two cupcakes at the end. If we don't beat them then they will not lose and take the division. We hold no breakers at 10-6 with anybody that's winning.

Earthling
12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I am hoping the "12th man" is a difference maker in this game.

Cave Johnson
12-03-2010, 12:32 PM
And yet he seemed to have no problem moving Richardson over to LT last week, when he's not nearly as good of a LT as Albert, and he's a better RT than O'Failaghan.

Pretty sure Haley was referring to weakening nickel CB and returner (since presumably Arenas' snaps would have to be limited if he's playing every down).

Swapping B-Rich only weakened 1 spot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Pretty sure Haley was referring to weakening nickel CB and returner (since presumably Arenas' snaps would have to be limited if he's playing every down).

Swapping B-Rich only weakened 1 spot.

And McCluster isn't totally off the injury report this week?

-King-
12-03-2010, 12:34 PM
And yet he seemed to have no problem moving Richardson over to LT last week, when he's not nearly as good of a LT as Albert, and he's a better RT than O'Failaghan. Would you have rather had OCallahan at LT then?

Furthermore, Denver isn't going to run 3 wide on every snap. If you want to move Arenas to the slot on obvious passing downs, then do it. Yeah they mostly do run 3 wide. Gaffney, Thomas, and Lloyd play almost every snap. They don't run tight end plays much.

Cave Johnson
12-03-2010, 12:35 PM
And McCluster isn't totally off the injury report this week?

Arenas and McCluster will be more effective splitting that role. I'm sure our ST stats bear that out, but I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Arenas and McCluster will be more effective splitting that role. I'm sure our ST stats bear that out, but I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers.

KR isn't exactly a draining position, and McCluster doesn't take enough snaps on offense for it to drastically affect his ability to perform those duties.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Would you have rather had OCallahan at LT then?

Yeah they mostly do run 3 wide. Gaffney, Thomas, and Lloyd play almost every snap. They don't run tight end plays much.

Actually, Royal, Lloyd, and Gaffney are targeted more than Thomas, FWIW.

And no, I wouldn't want O'Fail at LT, I'm simply pointing out that Haley's reasoning isn't consistent.

Furthermore, it's not like Seattle was running 3 WR sets, and we still didn't start Arenas outside.

-King-
12-03-2010, 12:42 PM

And no, I wouldn't want O'Fail at LT, I'm simply pointing out that Haley's reasoning isn't consistent.

I'm pretty sure that isn't Haleys steadfast rule. He didn't say that it applies to all positions.

WebGem
12-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Yes, because SEA has a much more potent passing attack...

What does the passing attack have to do with Flowers?

Cave Johnson
12-03-2010, 12:44 PM
KR isn't exactly a draining position, and McCluster doesn't take enough snaps on offense for it to drastically affect his ability to perform those duties.

So you say. According to a friend you played RB in I-AA, he'd much rather plays snaps on offense than ST.

I think you answered your own question. Arenas is more of a slot guy at this point in his career.

JASONSAUTO
12-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Furthermore, Denver isn't going to run 3 wide on every snap. If you want to move Arenas to the slot on obvious passing downs, then do it.

His logic isn't consistent, but the KC media is among the dumbest in the country, so no followup questions were asked.

huh? who would you have rather played LT last week?

Mile High Mania
12-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Would be great if Denver could win... this place will have an epic meltdown.

Cave Johnson
12-03-2010, 12:45 PM

It was consistent, at least while McCluster is out.

Is he providing the same reasoning now, who knows?

Cave Johnson
12-03-2010, 12:46 PM

I'd shank the next person in orange I ran across.

-King-
12-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Word...

KCtotheSB
12-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Losing against Denver, while still shitty in its own right, pales in comparison to the impact of losing at San Diego. Next week's game at Whale's Vagina is "THE" game. Lose that one and we're toast given San Diego's cupcake schedule to end the season. The only way beating Denver really helps is if its coupled with an Oakland win at San Diego (pffft....haha...).

Sitting Flowers this week to focus and get healthier for San Diego is fine by me. So Orton throws for 400 yards instead of 350....whipdeedoo. Flowers or no Flowers, I didn't expect us to contain the Donks' passing attack anyways.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
This sucks, but even with him playing, its not gonna matter if we cant pressure Orton.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2010, 12:55 PM
This is certainly a 'must win' for KC.

If they lose to Denver and SD beats OAK (in SD) - it's a tie at the top of the AFCW.

SD's remaining games: KC, SF, CIN, DEN
KC's remaining games: SD, STL, SD, OAK

SD should win 2-3 of those remaining games. KC could lose both road games.

Margin of error is incredibly small.

KC needs to win this game. KC and SD are both 1-2 in the division, but SD has a better conference record.

Bwana
12-03-2010, 12:56 PM
FWIW, Daniels did have a good game last week. It's not like we're starting Bartee.

Yeah, no kidding!

http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/images/set3/pronto1.jpg

alanm
12-03-2010, 01:15 PM

If they lose to Denver and SD beats OAK (in SD) - it's a tie at the top of the AFCW.

KC needs to win this game. KC and SD are both 1-2 in the division, but SD has a better conference record.
We sure got shafted on this years divisional schedule having to play SD 3 times. :cuss::D

talastan
12-03-2010, 01:15 PM

KC's remaining games: SD, STL, TEN, OAK

FYP we don't play SD three times this season....

alpha_omega
12-03-2010, 01:22 PM

That is exactly what he said.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I seem to recall Orton was able to stand flat-footed in Denver. That shit just cannot happen again. They better be blitzing.

beach tribe
12-03-2010, 01:28 PM

I'm actually expecting Arenas to be the CB opposite Carr, and having him move inside in the nickel, but we'll see.

Dicky McElephant
12-03-2010, 01:28 PM
If Lewis and Flowers are both out.....we're fucked.

DA_T_84
12-03-2010, 01:36 PM
McGraw will at least be back this go around, if Lewis is out. That's not great, but its better than the slapdicks who "played" when we went to Denver.

kysirsoze
12-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Let's not forget, McDaniels will have significantly less Chiefs practice footage to study this week.

HotRoute
12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
IMO the key to this game will be sustaining long clock eating drives, that will keep their offense off the field.

if we are going to win this division we have to pretty much win out to keep SD out of the playoffs and I think we can do it ass long as we kick the crap out of the broncos this weekend. We need show SD and the rest of the NFL that we arent fucking around this year and that we are a force to be reckoned with

Reerun_KC
12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
and if we lose this game because the defense goes on vacation again... The SD will be absolutely jack shit....

WebGem
12-03-2010, 01:48 PM
and if we lose this game because the defense goes on vacation again... The SD will be absolutely jack shit....

What are you talking about?

WebGem
12-03-2010, 01:49 PM

I said the Denver game is VERY IMPORTANT. But it's not even as close as important as the SD game is. I don't know how you can disagree with that, as it is very true.

If we lose to Denver and still beat SD, we control our own destiny with 3 games left and 2 of them at home. If we lose at SD, and win every other game, we might not make the playoffs.

doomy3
12-03-2010, 01:50 PM

I agree with this, which is why I said this game was so important.

Yes, next week's game is even bigger, but frankly I expect us to lose next week at SD. If we lose to Denver this week and SD next, we're cooked. If we beat Denver this week and lose to SD next, we still have a shot because I think SD will lose another game still.

gblowfish
12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Crispy Bartee and Toasty Warfield are unemployed....
Just sayin...

dirk digler
12-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I said the Denver game is VERY IMPORTANT. But it's not even as close as important as the SD game is. I don't know how you can disagree with that, as it is very true.

If we lose to Denver and still beat SD, we control our own destiny with 3 games left and 2 of them at home. If we lose at SD, and win every other game, we might not make the playoffs.

BS. We lose all tiebreakers if we lose any game (except possibly the St. Louis game)

FAX
12-03-2010, 01:54 PM
If Flowers is plucked, we need a pass rush and Orton needs to spend the day trying to find his helmet.

FAX

Mr. Laz
12-03-2010, 01:56 PM
If we can win by 18 in Seattle without him, this shouldn't be something to worry much about (assuming he'll be back the following week).how can anyone think this after Denver kicked the fuck out of us just s few weeks ago?

our pass defense sucks ass right now ... we need all the help we can get.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2010, 02:24 PM
If Flowers is plucked, we need a pass rush and Orton needs to spend the day trying to find his helmet.

FAXThis. They really need to knock Orton around.

Rudy lost the toss
12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
BS. We lose all tiebreakers if we lose any game (except possibly the St. Louis game)
Beating SD would give us the H2H tiebreaker over them no matter what. Next week IS more important. Not that beating Denver isn't important itself. Beating SD would mean that we could lose 2 of the 4 other games.

Detoxing
12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
This is really starting to have the feeling of a trap game. It shouldn't be since it's our division rival who whooped them a few weeks ago.

Fans are looking towards next weeks game. Hopefully next weeks game will still mean something.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2010, 02:34 PM
This is really starting to have the feeling of a trap game. It shouldn't be since it's our division rival who whooped them a few weeks ago.

Fans are looking towards next weeks game. Hopefully next weeks game will still mean something.No way this is a trap game. I'm quite sure that beatdown in Denver is fresh in the Chiefs minds.

Rudy lost the toss
12-03-2010, 02:37 PM
No way this is a trap game. I'm quite sure that beatdown in Denver is fresh in the Chiefs minds.

This.

I'd love to see what Haley has been like in practice this week.

Pawnmower
12-03-2010, 02:58 PM

The game is as important...We can't afford to lose either game...Theyre really both 'must wins' at this point if we are to be our own masters into the playoffs.

zonachief
12-03-2010, 03:34 PM

Not really. Nickel corner is a different kind of position. Nickel corners have to excell against the run. And why move arenas over a weaken two positions?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ReynardMuldrake
12-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Not really. Nickel corner is a different kind of position. Nickel corners havr

lol

zonachief
12-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I edited it. Stupid phone. Ha

ReynardMuldrake
12-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I edited it. Stupid phone. Ha

So how's that phone working out for you?

Sent from my PC using my freaking keyboard

Stinger
12-03-2010, 03:40 PM

WTH??? This place melts down when we win ..........

zonachief
12-03-2010, 03:40 PM
So how's that phone working out for you?

Sent from my PC using my freaking keyboard

Obviously not as message board friendly as a pc, man.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2010, 03:43 PM

I find the line moves interesting as well.

For example, why not insert Asamoah at left guard, move Waters to tackle and leave Richardson at right tackle?

Stinger
12-03-2010, 03:43 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs will host the Denver Broncos this weekend and it looks as though they will be mostly healthy.

The Chiefs released their official injury report for this weekend’s game.

Probable:Ryan Lilja, Kendrick Lewis, Jon McGraw

Questionable: Brandon Flowers

Out: Jackie Bates

Earlier today, Nick Wright of 610 Sports tweeted that Flowers would be out vs. the Broncos. Though he is listed as questionable, don’t expect Flowers to play. Wright has had the scoop on Chiefs injury news all year long. Last week he reported that Dexter McCluster would sit despite practicing all week and being listed as questionable. Unless Flowers sees some type of major improvement between now and Sunday, Wright is probably right.

The Donkey’s also released their injury report. They will be without a number of key players. Check it out after the jump.

The Donks have no players Questionable or Probable but they do have 4 players out.

Out: S Brian Dawkins, CB Andrew Goodman, S Darcel McBath, WR Demaryius Thomas

No Dawkins or Goodman eh? Two missing safeties and a missing CB?

Paging Mr’s Cassel and Bowe…paging Mr’s Cassel and Bowe…

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/12/03/chiefs-vs-broncos-injury-report/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

the Talking Can
12-03-2010, 03:49 PM
seeing as our goal should be to score 7472t7248t238r273 points, defense is irrelevant this week

dirk digler
12-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Beating SD would give us the H2H tiebreaker over them no matter what. Next week IS more important. Not that beating Denver isn't important itself. Beating SD would mean that we could lose 2 of the 4 other games.

Good point.

Chiefs Rool
12-03-2010, 03:56 PM
damn, hopefully McGraw will be back, but I'm curious to see Travis Daniels in action, he looked good last week.

Rudy lost the toss
12-03-2010, 04:07 PM

For example, why not insert Asamoah at left guard, move Waters to tackle and leave Richardson at right tackle?

Waters looked stupid playing left tackle earlier this year.

ROYC75
12-03-2010, 04:18 PM

This !

FTR, we gave the division away with loses to Oakland and Houston.

I just don't think this team will beat SD next week. SD is on fire and has an easy schedule the rest of the way.

Winning this week and finish 11-5 ( losing to SD, winning out ) is about like 10-6,filling bad about sitting at home during the playoffs.

Next week's game is it, it's a playoff game.

FAX
12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
If Flowers is out, who is going to cover Bowe?

FAX

Mile High Mania
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
If Flowers is out, who is going to cover Bowe?

FAX

Atwater, duh!

easymobee
12-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Brandon Lloyd 7 for 145 and at least 1 td in his hometown game.

BossChief
12-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Guys, unless Hali, Jamaal and DJ have games similar to the finale last year...we are gonna get our asses kicked Sunday if Flowers and Lewis are truly out.

Oh yeah, Cassel needs to play the game of his career as well.

The Bad Guy
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Guys, unless Hali, Jamaal and DJ have games similar to the finale last year...we are gonna get our asses kicked Sunday if Flowers and Lewis are truly out.

Oh yeah, Cassel needs to play the game of his career as well.

Sorry, but I just don't see it.

The Rams, with a pretty substandard secondary were able to win in Invesco last weekend. The Broncos are a DOA team.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2010, 07:29 PM

Oh yeah, Cassel needs to play the game of his career as well.If this team and coaching staff lets the Broncos come in a repeat what they did in Denver, then they should fire the staff and find new players.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
This is wack if it's true...I just put 50 on this with my Broncos fan asshole friend. No Flowers and no Lewis....I need points now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Missing Flowers and Lewis definitely hurts, but the team should still be able to handle a bad Denver team at home.

Chiefspants
12-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Do we have any confirmation that Lewis is going to be out? Everywhere that I have looked says that he is Probable for Sunday's game.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Lewis is probable for the game, so im guessing he will be playing

BossChief
12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
If Lewis and McGraw play, we have a good chance to limit their passing game no matter is Flowers plays or not, but if Flowers and Lewis are out...we may be in trouble.

BossChief
12-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Sorry, but I just don't see it.

The Rams, with a pretty substandard secondary were able to win in Invesco last weekend. The Broncos are a DOA team.In hoping that Romeo is as good as we hope he is.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Don't be silly. The Broncos are a MUCH better passing team than the Seahawks.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Not true. If the Chiefs win the SD game, they win the head to head tiebreaker and as long as the teams are tied, they win the division.

Chiefaholic
12-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Furthermore, it's not like Seattle was running 3 WR sets, and we still didn't start Arenas outside.

Perhaps it has more to quality depth at each spot, rather than simply weakening two positions.

Chiefaholic
12-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Good point..

doomy3
12-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Nick Wright is a dumbass.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Nick is not Wright ROFL

Lzen
12-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Nick is not Wright ROFL

I noticed this a lot lately. Is this guy ever right?

Smed1065
12-05-2010, 12:23 PM
BS he got 1 right last week 4 days beforehand.

Fuck that ball sucker.

-King-
12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Well...fuck you Nick Wright making me look like a dumbass for defending you.

cabletech94
12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
i enjoy listening to wright (okay, there's nothing else to listen to here in seks).

dude was wrong, it happens. but this cat was WRONG!!!! he'd better eat some crow. as his "source" might not be as credible as a source needs to be.

LaChapelle
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Nick Wright is fringing on smilie worthy:
Fatlock
Nick Athan