PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How long will Cassel last (years vs miles) and will McCluster hinder our passing game

Wyndex
12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Cassel is in the 2nd of a 6 year contract. He is 28 meaning he will be 32-33 when his contract is up. He is in his 6th NFL season but only 2 and a half years of real quality playing time under his belt...will he be able to play past his current contract more effectively than other players? I was wondering because if he continues to progress and continues to develop into a Field General I'm all for keeping him around awhile.

Also our passing game was god awful...then McCluster got hurt and suddenly we quit throwing to McCluster on those rinky dinky designed routes...we started going down field and damnit Cassel has done well...the team has done well. Will McCluster coming back into the lineup be a step back with the rinky dinky bullstuff or will we utilize him as one of many offensive weapons? I sure hope it's the latter.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS MOTHER FUCKER? THAT'S MOTHER FUCKING STUPID YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

milkman
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I think that the idea that a player's career is extended because he doesn't have the mileage on his body is a myth, especially at the QB position.

Dunit35
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
SHUT THE **** UP YOU STUPID MOTHER ****ER!!! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS MOTHER ****ER? THAT'S MOTHER ****ING STUPID YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

Yeah!

Dave Lane
12-03-2010, 05:11 PM
SHUT THE **** UP YOU STUPID MOTHER ****ER!!! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS MOTHER ****ER? THAT'S MOTHER ****ING STUPID YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

Don't hold back dude. Let it out, let him know how you feel.

Dave Lane
12-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh and your math skills suck Wyndex

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2010, 05:15 PM
ROFL just playin

Chiefs Rool
nothing else can sum this up better than this video:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

okiedokieokoye
I mean..this is an absolutely terrible thread. Just boring.

DBOSHO
12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
It sounds silly, but im actually a little worried that mccluster will mess with our offense.

Wyndex
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
So there is no way anyone other than this guy that just posted above me feels that the rinky dinky shit we would throw to McCluster will hinder out passing attack down field with Bowe? No one?

Well balls

Chiefs Rool
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
So there is no way anyone other than this guy that just posted above me feels that the rinky dinky shit we would throw to McCluster will hinder out passing attack down field with Bowe? No one?

Well balls

absolutely not, we didn't do it every snap either, McCluster can catch the ball downfield too. He's only going to make us better now that everybody's attention will be on Bowe.

Saul Good
12-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I think that the idea that a player's career is extended because he doesn't have the mileage on his body is a myth, especially at the QB position.

I think there is something to it, but it's far from an absolute. I would look at guys like Marcus Allen, Rich Gannon, and Steve Young.

I've been pounding the "Matt Cassel = Rich Gannon" drum pretty hard. They remind me a lot of each other.

Saul Good
12-03-2010, 05:24 PM

Well balls

Not at all. McCluster spreads the defense laterally which will allow Bowe to stretch the field vertically. The biggest benefactor could be Moeaki. It's hard to cover the intermediate routes and the flat at the same time. For whatever reason, McCluster seems to attract more attention than Moeaki, as DCs don't want to let McCluster beat them.

zonachief
12-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I wanna see Charlie use dmc on a streak. or post. or slant and go. Let him stretch the field a little.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

HoneyBadger
12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Not at all. McCluster spreads the defense laterally which will allow Bowe to stretch the field vertically. The biggest benefactor could be Moeaki. It's hard to cover the intermediate routes and the flat at the same time. For whatever reason, McCluster seems to attract more attention than Moeaki, as DCs don't want to let McCluster beat them.

This. It will possibly stretch the defense even more.

RustShack
12-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I'm sure McCluster being on the field made Bowe drop balls ROFL

Also Tucker has been better at coming down with the ball than Chambers this year. Have you noticed Moeaki hasn't been getting the ball as much either? He must be part of the problem too LMAO

Bowe or bust.

...damn I can't believe how stupid the OP is.

Pioli Zombie
12-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah, Cassel horrible start was all the fault of Dexter McCluster. Sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up.

kysirsoze
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Classic case of correlation does not equal causation.

Adding McCluster will at worst have no effect on the offense.

LaChapelle
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
They have been stealing players from the defense to help the offense
It's time to return the favor
Have Dex go after Orton and attach himself to his face like an Sigourney Weaver alien

BossChief
12-03-2010, 07:44 PM
They have been stealing players from the defense to help the offense
It's time to return the favor
Have Dex go after Orton and attach himself to his face like an Sigourney Weaver alien

haha this made me lol

chiefzilla1501
12-03-2010, 07:49 PM
It sounds silly, but im actually a little worried that mccluster will mess with our offense.

Teams are going to start throwing more defenders at Bowe. I've said all season long that McCluster will be dangerous once we have a downfield threat to open up the underneath stuff. McCluster isn't a deep threat, he's a guy you get in space and then he can use his speed to break one loose.

Against Seattle and Arizona, we had a lot of plays where Cassel checked down. McCluster's much more dangerous in those spots. And he might be a solution to our 3rd and 1 problems.

Saul Good
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I wanna see Charlie use dmc on a streak. or post. or slant and go. Let him stretch the field a little.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I hate throwing deep to short receivers.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-03-2010, 07:59 PM

I think most QB's are in their prime until they hit about 35. Then, they start to decline slowly. QB's typically retire when they have had enough, not when they 'can't' do it.

Saul Good
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Also Tucker has been better at coming down with the ball than Chambers this year.

What is the deal with people thinking that Tucker has done anything? The guy has 4 catches, and he dropped an easy TD against AZ. It was actually one of the best throws I have ever seen Cassel make, and he absolutely crapped all over it.

RustShack
12-03-2010, 08:05 PM
What is the deal with people thinking that Tucker has done anything? The guy has 4 catches, and he dropped an easy TD against AZ. It was actually one of the best throws I have ever seen Cassel make, and he absolutely crapped all over it.

It could be the fact hes caught a higher percentage of his passes than our other receivers?

Saul Good
12-03-2010, 08:08 PM
It could be the fact hes caught a higher percentage of his passes than our other receivers?

Has he? He's got 4 catches and at least one drop. At best, he's caught 80% of the on-target passes thrown to him. That's not exactly stellar. He's also dropped 100% of the TD passes put right in his bread basket.

RustShack
12-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Has he? He's got 4 catches and at least one drop. At best, he's caught 80% of the on-target passes thrown to him. That's not exactly stellar. He's also dropped 100% of the TD passes put right in his bread basket.

Uhh.. his first catch was a TD. Bowe has dropped more TD Passes. and idk if its me who is math retarded or you, but last I checked Chambers was in the 40's for his % caught, and I think 80% might be a little better.

BossChief
12-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Tucker has shown the ability to display great focus, body control and playmaking ability in a couple crucial spots. Before he put those on display on the gridiron, Haley had said a couple times that he feels Tucker has a few attributes that "can not be coached" and when someone like Haley says that about a player from seeing him practice against our guys (who are pretty good in their own right) I start to pay attention and I have liked what Ive seen thus far and am anxious to see more as he gets more opertunities to display his talents.

Before this year stared Jovan Belcher, Andy Studebaker and Tucker were the guys that I thought would somewhat "come out of nowhere" and thus far, IMO, Studebaker has shown similar ability in his respective position to Tucker in as limited of a role and Belcher has been given a bigger opertunity at this point to shine and has played well above expectations and has been a big reason our run defense has improved so much.

One of these games, Tucker is gonna have a breakout performance and not look back.

Saul Good
12-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Tucker has shown the ability to display great focus, body control and playmaking ability in a couple crucial spots. Before he put those on display on the gridiron, Haley had said a couple times that he feels Tucker has a few attributes that "can not be coached" and when someone like Haley says that about a player from seeing him practice against our guys (who are pretty good in their own right) I start to pay attention and I have liked what Ive seen thus far and am anxious to see more as he gets more opertunities to display his talents.

Before this year stared Jovan Belcher, Andy Studebaker and Tucker were the guys that I thought would somewhat "come out of nowhere" and thus far, IMO, Studebaker has shown similar ability in his respective position to Tucker in as limited of a role and Belcher has been given a bigger opertunity at this point to shine and has played well above expectations and has been a big reason our run defense has improved so much.

One of these games, Tucker is gonna have a breakout performance and not look back.

I hope you're right, but this guy screams Jessie Haynes to me.

Bob Dole
12-04-2010, 08:23 AM
McCluster's 2.5 catches a game really screws up our play mix. :/

the Talking Can
12-04-2010, 08:35 AM
the problem is Cassel has to throw underhand to McSmallguy

cdcox
12-04-2010, 09:05 AM
I think there is something to it, but it's far from an absolute. I would look at guys like Marcus Allen, Rich Gannon, and Steve Young.

I've been pounding the "Matt Cassel = Rich Gannon" drum pretty hard. They remind me a lot of each other.

Last effective year of some elite QBs who played from a young age:

John Elway 38
Dan Marino 37
Joe Montana 38
Bret Favre 40

Last effective year of some good/elite QBs who sat early in their career

Steve Young 37
Rich Gannon 37
Kurt Warner 38

Let's put this tired myth to rest once and for all. It might have some validity for RB, but for QB, none at all.

beach tribe
12-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Last effective year of some elite QBs who played from a young age:

John Elway 38
Dan Marino 37
Joe Montana 38
Bret Favre 40

Last effective year of some good/elite QBs who sat early in their career

Steve Young 37
Rich Gannon 37
Kurt Warner 38

Let's put this tired rumor to rest once and for all. It might have some validity for RB, but for QB, none at all.

Yeah, RB may be the only position you can stick this to.

Just by the sheer number of hits they take over a season.

B_Ambuehl
12-04-2010, 09:24 AM
So, Cassell goes 2 games without pissing down his leg and people are now wondering how much longer we'll be blessed by his greatness?

LOL

Pioli must love this bullshit. Go ahead and keep him around as long as you like. He will always hold the team back when it really matters.

Thig Lyfe
12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I can't imagine the addition of Dex not making the offensive more explosive.

Rausch
12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
McCluster is explosive.

He's also small and not on the fucking field.

His time will be short but his impact (short term) could be huge...