PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Wow, how brainy must SF be as a city?!!!

Frankie
12-04-2010, 02:30 PM
According to this article "San Francisco-Oakland, California" is the 10th brainiest city in the U.S..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/01/the-10-brainiest-cities-p_n_790503.html#s196316

Does this mean San Fran would have been 1st hands down if they didn't have to carry Oakland? :hmmm:

Just a thought. Carry on.

bowener
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
lulz

notorious
12-04-2010, 03:13 PM
ROFL

Buuuuuut, there is a huge difference between being smart and educated.

I know plenty of dumbasses that have graduated from college along with plenty of extremely smart people that don't even have a HS education (Mennonites).

Superturtle
12-04-2010, 03:19 PM
They don't count prison convicts, so I'm guessing Raider fans are excluded.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Actually, Huffington Post kind of changed the meaning of the survey. The survey was based on salary, level of education, etc.

http://www.portfolio.com/slideshows/2010/12/25-Most-Educated-Cities/

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2010, 03:24 PM
There was another similar type of survey published earlier this year that found San Francisco has the highest amount of college educated people per square mile in the US.

Considering the enormous cost of living in San Fran coupled with tech, I'm not surprised at all by the result.

notorious
12-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Actually, Huffington Post kind of changed the meaning of the survey. The survey was based on salary, level of education, etc.

http://www.portfolio.com/slideshows/2010/12/25-Most-Educated-Cities/

That makes a lot more sense.

Frazod
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Aren't these the same people who continually send Nancy Pelosi to Congress?

Rain Man
12-04-2010, 03:35 PM
I did a little study recently to look at industry of employment by education level in a particular state, and was surprised to see that the two largest employers are elementary and secondary schools, and colleges. The truth hit me like a ton of bricks: education is nothing but a big Ponzi scheme.

Frankie
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Aren't these the same people who continually send Nancy Pelosi to Congress?

:LOL:

Thanks for the point, fraz. now I can totally trust that article. :thumb:

SNR
12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I did a little study recently to look at industry of employment by education level in a particular state, and was surprised to see that the two largest employers are elementary and secondary schools, and colleges. The truth hit me like a ton of bricks: education is nothing but a big Ponzi scheme.Mr. Kotter is currently preparing a post in response to this one. It's full of damning insults and critiques, but at the end at least there are 1000 different smilies to make you feel better

GloryDayz
12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
According to this article "San Francisco-Oakland, California" is the 10th brainiest city in the U.S..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/01/the-10-brainiest-cities-p_n_790503.html#s196316

Does this mean San Fran would have been 1st hands down if they didn't have to carry Oakland? :hmmm:

Just a thought. Carry on.

Well, they're all dumb enough to live in Cali... Let's hope it slides into the Pacific before they all move east!!

KCrockaholic
12-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Boulder as #1 is a joke. It's a great city. But It's far from #1 as far as education level goes.

lazepoo
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I did a little study recently to look at industry of employment by education level in a particular state, and was surprised to see that the two largest employers are elementary and secondary schools, and colleges. The truth hit me like a ton of bricks: education is nothing but a big Ponzi scheme.

What's wrong with a good old fashioned Ponzi scheme? Innovators all, I retort.

RJ
12-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Boulder as #1 is a joke. It's a great city. But It's far from #1 as far as education level goes.

Out of curiosity, what do you base that on?

BIG_DADDY
12-04-2010, 08:39 PM
The only reason SF has any brains at all is from the techy imports from the peninsula. The vast majority are complete idiots. Don't even get me started on Oakland.

Rain Man
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM

It may be off on common sense, but I think it's pretty high on education.

A funny story about Boulder is that they put a ban (or at least a severe restriction) on building new residences in the city a while back "to preserve the feel of the city". The result has been strong growth in nearby cities that has created much more commuting and need for road infrastructure, while housing prices rose to the point that the normal workers have to live in the nearby cities and commute in. So yeah, that worked.

GloryDayz
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
It may be off on common sense, but I think it's pretty high on education.

A funny story about Boulder is that they put a ban (or at least a severe restriction) on building new residences in the city a while back "to preserve the feel of the city". The result has been strong growth in nearby cities that has created much more commuting and need for road infrastructure, while housing prices rose to the point that the normal workers have to live in the nearby cities and commute in. So yeah, that worked.

Close enough to Denver to burn in that super-awesome fire!! Those folks in Boulder should watch out!! It's burnt by association...

Claynus
12-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Taking it in the butt is not that smart.

Stanley Nickels
12-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of being able to measure who's more "brainy" than anyone else. The entire idea of an Intelligence Quotient is absolutely ridiculous.

GloryDayz
12-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of being able to measure who's more "brainy" than anyone else. The entire idea of an Intelligence Quotient is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, like keeping score in a football game ---- just dumb!!! ROFL

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, they're all dumb enough to live in Cali... Let's hope it slides into the Pacific before they all move east!!

Lovely

Jenson71
12-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Taking it in the butt is not that smart.

It has shown to reduce prostate cancer by increasing the flow of healthy blood cells to that particular part of the body. And it's supposedly the male G-spot.

BIG_DADDY
12-04-2010, 10:19 PM
It has shown to reduce prostate cancer by increasing the flow of healthy blood cells to that particular part of the body. And it's supposedly the male G-spot.

I can see you have spent a lot of time researching this so I gotta ask, don't you worry about aids from some dude ejeculating in your ass?

Jenson71
12-04-2010, 10:47 PM
I can see you have spent a lot of time researching this so I gotta ask, don't you worry about aids from some dude ejeculating in your ass?

Do I personally? No. Do gay guys? I don't know. But I'm just giving out free medical information, today.

By the way, you're attracted to males.