PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel, You Have Some Explaining To Do

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Cassel, You Have Some Explaining To Do (http://kan.scout.com/2/1028031.html)

Dear Matt Cassel,

In two games, you’ve completed 66 percent of your passes for 426 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions. You’ve converted 11 of 22 third-down opportunities and guided the Chiefs to two blowout victories.

The Chiefs are back in first place in the AFC West and you’re a big reason why.

My only problem is this – did you stop to consider my feelings? At all?

It was easy for me to ignore your game against the Arizona Cardinals, who might be the worst team in the NFL. But after last week’s victory in Seattle, against the division-leading Seahawks, I’m upset. You appear to be a player who will stop at nothing to embarrass me.

When you hit four of five passes to open the game with an impressive touchdown drive, what were you thinking? Don’t you know the first quarter is supposed to be your worst quarter, that you had only thrown one touchdown pass and completed barely 50 percent of your passes in the opening period all season long? That strike to Dwayne Bowe (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5024954) in the back of the end zone? It hurt me.

You could have stopped there, but you had to force the issue. Despite your reputation as one of the NFL’s worst third-down quarterbacks, you decided to irresponsibly move the chains over and over again without even thinking of how I might react. Did you even realize what you were doing?

With pressure right in your face, forcing you to throw off your back foot, you lobbed a perfect pass to Bowe for a 19-yard gain on your first third down. We both know the rules, Matt. That pass was supposed to sail far over Bowe’s head and the Chiefs were supposed to punt. How dare you.

Do you have an excuse for the perfectly thrown quick out you hit Bowe with on third-and-two to start the second quarter? Is there a reason it wasn’t thrown behind the receiver or perhaps at his feet? I’ll give you a reason – you’re a big jerk! And you proved it a few snaps later when you again hit Bowe on third down, this time with a gorgeous 22-yard back-shoulder laser. I’m appalled, because all of your receivers were tightly covered on that play. If you really cared, you would have panicked, held the ball and taken a sack.

But you don’t care, Matt. All you apparently care about now is hitting Bowe in stride on third down, and you callously did so again a few snaps later despite the blitzing safety screaming right in your face. When he smashed you to the turf, it probably hurt. Now you know how I feel. <table align="right" cellspacing="7" width="220"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/88/882783.jpg
Cassel only cares about winning, apparently.
Getty Images </td></tr></tbody></table> What were you doing reading Seattle’s defense before the snap, checking into another play and exploiting a blitz for a first down just before halftime? Let’s not even talk about the 36-yard touchdown strike you threw a few seconds afterwards, because at this point I’m unable to handle the idea that you would play a football game with such utter disregard for another human being’s reputation. When you ran down the field and wildly celebrated yet another successful attack on my season-long crusade to paint you as an inept quarterback, it was obvious what was going on – you have no conscience.

You’re a cold-blooded scoundrel.

It’s honestly the only explanation for the spectacular play you made in the second half. With the Seahawks trailing by only four points and the Chiefs needing to convert a third-and-six with all of Seattle screaming their lungs out, a considerate man would have succumbed to the pressure, as you did in Indianapolis, Houston, Oakland and Denver earlier this year. But this time you had to show off.

Not only did you escape from a sure sack, whirling around in the pocket like John Elway, but then you set your feet and fired a perfect pass (off your back foot, no less) with a defender jumping in your face. If you had an ounce of common decency, you would have done what you’re supposed to do – panic, take a sack, or throw a terrible pass. Instead, you made a difference. Ben Roethlisberger (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4835663) couldn’t have done it better. You didn’t even flinch.

It was cold blooded.

I intended to hold my tongue, to wallow in my own misery over all of this, for at least another week. But when the league decided to get in on this and make you the AFC Offensive Player of the Month, I couldn’t take it anymore! It’s gone too far, so you really need to explain yourself. Just what the hell do you think you’re doing?

You know what? Forget it! There’s really no explanation for any of this, Matt. You have no excuse for your behavior. It’s obvious you intend to publicly humiliate me and bring shame to everything I’ve written about you since last season, when this all began.

It’s cool, I can handle it. Devard Darling (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307431), Larry Johnson and Herm Edwards made fools out of me, and I’m still standing. A few third-down conversions against two of the NFL’s worst defenses? I can take this. In fact, despite what you’ve done, I’m willing to overlook it all. We just need an apology on your part.

I’m not asking for much, Matt. Just blow this weekend’s game against the Denver Broncos, start misfiring on third down again, and we’re square. We both know you’re still waiting to bust out that four-interception game. If you want to put a cherry on top, go into San Diego in a couple weeks and show the world you’re helpless against a real franchise quarterback like Philip Rivers (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4845172). You play your role, I’ll play mine, and everything will be right with the world.

But this cold-blooded scoundrel act? You keep it up and I’m going to look incredibly dumb, especially if I wind up buying your jersey. Bonus content:

Chiefs Accidentally Win Again (http://www.theonion.com/articles/chiefs-accidentally-win-again,18580/)

SEATTLE—In yet another victorious slip-up that baffled players, coaches, and fans alike, the Chiefs accidentally defeated the Seahawks 42-24 Sunday, inadvertently outplaying their opponent by scoring more touchdowns.

"We have no idea what even happened, because on most of the plays we didn't even mean to score," quarterback Matt Cassel said of his team's unintentional dominance of the game. "I tried to throw the ball away at least three times, but it kind of floated and ended up in Dwayne Bowe's hands. It must have startled him, too, because he started screaming and running with the ball towards the end zone as fast as he could."

During the postgame press conference, players on the Chiefs' defensive line apologized to the Seahawks for frequently tripping and falling on top of their running backs.

Pioli Zombie
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Ok its well documented that Cassel turned it around the moment I gave up on him.
I will backtrack to say this. The people on CP who all said "He's not capable of doing it" even he DID do it in 2008 are now looking pretty dumb. It WAS dumb to say he wasn't capable of it. I gave up waiting for it to happen.
So how many people think there are "40 better qbs in the NFL"
Now?
That being said. And to make sure Cassel plays well....
Cassel sucks.

stevieray
12-04-2010, 04:34 PM
..his TD pass to Moeaki after being flushed out of the pocket was killer.

Halfcan
12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Matt has been a MVP contender-if he keeps it up and the Chiefs win the west-he HAS to be at least in the discussion.

Bowe-is having a helluva year as well.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Hes been Mattnificent of late

-King-
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Good job owning up to your dumbassery.

And the 2nd quote is hilarious. The Onion worthy ROFL

Edit: I just clicked on the link. It WAS from the Onion :)

Pawnmower
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
But this cold-blooded scoundrel act? You keep it up and I’m going to look incredibly dumb,

Already happened, TBH.

Molitoth
12-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I gave Cassel the benefit of the doubt last year because it was year 1 on the team, (on a shitty team at that).... but when he came out the first half of this year showing no signs of improvement, I despised him.

I WANT him to succeed, that would leave us with an open draft pick for a much needed different position. So I'm happy with Cassel at the moment. But like someone else said, I'm hopeful, but not convinced.

SNR
12-04-2010, 06:17 PM
I gave Cassel the benefit of the doubt last year because it was year 1 on the team, (on a shitty team at that).... but when he came out the first half of this year showing no signs of improvement, I despised him.

I WANT him to succeed, that would leave us with an open draft pick for a much needed different position. So I'm happy with Cassel at the moment. But like someone else said, I'm hopeful, but not convinced.Maybe in the first round. But we're only going to yet again be fucked with a Damon Huard/Tyler Thigpen mess 6 or 7 years from now if we don't start preparing for the future.

And that's IF Cassel remains the guy these next few seasons. He's got to do a whole hell of a lot better than fucking up defenses like Arizona and Seattle.

Green Bay and Philadelphia have had such great success at QB because they treated the position like it was the most important fucking thing in the universe. We've got to keep drafting QBs. Yes, plural. Late round, mid-round, and if Cassel isn't the guy we sure as fuck be drafting them in the 1st round.

CrazyHorse
12-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I quit reading halfway. Got bored with it. Who wrote that crap?

gman1989
12-04-2010, 06:49 PM
did chu really nt have anythin better chu do:thumb:

crispystl420
12-04-2010, 06:53 PM
did chu really nt have anythin better chu do:thumb:

Post more

Brainiac
12-04-2010, 06:55 PM
You've got to give props to people who are willing to admit it when they turn out to be wrong.

You also can't help but think that Mecca and Hamas are praying like hell that Cassel has a horrible game against Denver.

Chiefshrink
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
The San Diego game will be my benchmark for Cassel if he has truly turned it around. He should destroy tomorrow and nothing less IMO.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
12-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I was on the Cassel Bandwagon from the beginning until the Buffalo game. After that game I got sooooooo frustrated that here is a guy who can't muster more than 13 pts in his own backyard and granted I know Buffalo is a better team than their record shows but still; only 13pts in your own house?? That's when doubt began to take over for me about Matt and I hope he continues to prove me wrong because I see alot of Elway in this guy and it's not just because he wears No.7. Strong arm and can scramble.

And I truly believe that he really is starting to trust what is around him thus throwing more accurately. That 1st Denver game was a "silver lining blessing" in garbage pts between he and Bowe, showing "themselves what they could "really do" without having to play from behind giving both big amounts of confidence in one another as we saw in the AZ and SEA games.

Oh Snap
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Matt has been a MVP contender-if he keeps it up and the Chiefs win the west-he HAS to be at least in the discussion.

Cassel has to be up for the most improved player of the year, or turn around player of the year. which ever award it is! (similiar to drew brees a few years back) The similarities between him and Brees are really starting to show.

HOWEVER!!! Matt still has a lot to prove. 3-4 games of great play does not it make an entire season! We need matt to be consistent! If he can, I will feel confident in his abilities to lead this team. Still a ways to go for that.

Tylerthigpen!1!
12-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Way to eat some crow.

bowener
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Funny read.
Question: Is it panick or panic? Sorry.

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Funny read.
Question: Is it panick or panic? Sorry.

It's panic.

http://i54.tinypic.com/r1zixe.jpg

HIChief
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Pioli Zombie;722322
That being said. And to make sure Cassel plays well....
Cassel sucks.[/QUOTE]

:LOL:

Marcellus
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Your neck must be killing you from the whiplash. And just think there is 5 weeks left, ample time to flop back the other way.

SDChiefs
12-04-2010, 09:42 PM
I was on the Cassel Bandwagon from the beginning until the Buffalo game. After that game I got sooooooo frustrated that here is a guy who can't muster more than 13 pts in his own backyard and granted I know Buffalo is a better team than their record shows but still; only 13pts in your own house?? That's when doubt began to take over for me about Matt and I hope he continues to prove me wrong because I see alot of Elway in this guy and it's not just because he wears No.7. Strong arm and can scramble.

And I truly believe that he really is starting to trust what is around him thus throwing more accurately. That 1st Denver game was a "silver lining blessing" in garbage pts between he and Bowe, showing "themselves what they could "really do" without having to play from behind giving both big amounts of confidence in one another as we saw in the AZ and SEA games.

Cassel can be blamed for a lot of things. But a strong arm is not one of them.

Hoover
12-04-2010, 09:53 PM
It would have been awesome if Devard Darling wrote it.

EyePod
12-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Really? Rivers is a much better QB than Cassel and deserves the MVP much more. And I hate fucking rivers.

EyePod
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Cassel can be blamed for a lot of things. But a strong arm is not one of them.

Maybe he's just comparing Cassel to Huard and his "wobble-launcher" (I can't remember who coined that phrase, but I still use it at least once a month.)

Smed1065
12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
It would have been awesome if Devard Darling wrote it.

DVD? Oh that breakout player...........

EyePod
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
You've got to give props to people who are willing to admit it when they turn out to be wrong.

You also can't help but think that Mecca and Hamas are praying like hell that Cassel has a horrible game against Denver.

That's pretty depressing if that's how they feel. I'd rather be wrong about a player who I thought was just dragging our team down (even though at the time, Cassel was a big reason for our losses) and have our Chiefs winning than the opposite.

stevieray
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
:crybaby:

Fruit Ninja
12-04-2010, 11:50 PM
lol, at the comments..

"Matt Cassel's play will never be as bad as your football knowledge"
haha

Reerun_KC
12-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Pathetic