PDA

View Full Version : Life I had an awesome day today and thought I would share

Chiefspants
12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Hey everyone!

My best friend, (Who was once known around these parts as Cjanz) and I qualified for nationals in policy debate today. We dropped our first round, but picked up our next five to qualify, (we would have been eliminated had we lost another.)

Anyways, I did not really know if/where I should post this, but I'm so thrilled that I decided to make a topic about it.

(Also, nationals will be in Washington, D.C. this year.)

Cheers!

JOhn
12-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Congrats

Jive Ass
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Now for State...whew.

kepp
12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Now for State...whew.
I would've won state for us if coach would've put me in in the 4th quarter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Congrats
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Congratulations!

Rain Man
12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Congrats, and be sure to spend a lot of time in the DC lounge to prepare yourself.

Chiefspants
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Congrats, and be sure to spend a lot of time in the DC lounge to prepare yourself.

Haha, our topic this year is actually closely connected to current events, (The actual topic is, Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military and/or police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey.) This can be blessing, because first time judges usually have at least a rudimentary knowledge of topic, but it also has its drawbacks. For Example, Cjanz and I had to write an entirely new case last week because of North Korea's attack on South Korea. We used to run a case to withdraw troops from South Korea, but our advantages were completely ruined after the attack.

Did North Korea even consider the impact their attack would have on policy debaters across the country? Selfish arseholes...