PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So we dodged a bullet today...

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM
It almost feels like a loss.

Does it mean anything for next week? Is this a good wake up call that we need to be more mentally sharp? Or is it a sign that we're not ready for next week?

Maybe it's a good thing our defense played so well, especially against the pass? Means we might have a shot at beating Rivers next week?

Not sure what to think.

petegz28
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Games like this happen. When the offense and Refs couldn't get us anywhere the defense stepped it up.

Fritz88
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Fuck I wanted to use this on the game thread but we didn't have much cause to celebrate...

Fuck you gif horse, I will use it here

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrdwhXNt4qw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrdwhXNt4qw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990
Feels like a loss?? A win is a win. Cant some people just be happy?? Did you see Haley at the end of the game?

Means nothing for next week.

petegz28
And I would say this is a big positive in our favor. We weren't hitting on all cylinders and found a way to win. Despite some bad o play and some terrible, terrible officiating.

This was a character win.

kstater
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
It's a W. The Chargers essentially have to win out to take the division.

Jive Ass
I think a lot of good happened today on the offense in some instances, but the penalties killed them all. Better sharpen ourselves up to play mistake free next week.

Reaper16
KC dominated in every area of the game except the scoreboard. If KC can eliminate all those boneheaded, drive aborting penalties then they can hang with San Diego.

I think the Chargers win by two scores, though.

Marcellus
Defense kicked ass and penalties real and imaginary hurt us. Still won and it has jack and shit to do with next week.

DeezNutz
Nope. Win is all that matters.

Up to the coaches to make sure the team is prepared for SD.

petegz28
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
KC dominated in every area of the game except the scoreboard. If KC can eliminate all those boneheaded, drive aborting penalties then they can hang with San Diego.

I think the Chargers win by two scores, though.

2 of those drive killing penalties were the direct result of not paying off the Refs.

FAX
12-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Haley said we would have to win ugly.

He didn't say leprous troll with oozing facial sores ugly, though.

FAX

tk13
We won the game. There are plenty of times we let someone march down the field and beat us on the last drive.

Our pass defense was tremendous against one of the best pass defenses in the league. There were some good things. It was the offensive penalties that hurt us. We probably score 25-30 if we don't commit the penalties we did. Cassel had a solid game... it won't look as pretty after the fact but he played alright. We probably score two more times at least if Moeaki and Copper don't get those penalties.

chiefzilla1501
It doesn't matter if we're playing the Broncos, the Panthers, or the Chargers. We are making games way closer than they should be because of stupid, stupid, stupid mistakes. We got away with it today, we didn't in Oakland. What frustrates me more is not so much the dumb mistakes, but how the offense seemed to be visibly frustrated. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I thought Cassel played so-so today, but his body language looked to me like he was very frustrated. not something you want your QB to do.

Take away big mistakes on offense and I thought our offense was very electric until we were stupidly beating ourselves. And the pass defense was nails, although Orton was also missing his receivers consistently. I like this team, but the way San Diego is playing, we have to be perfect and mistake-free and even that's probably not going to guarantee a win for us.

DeezNutz
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh, and the "Carr sucks" bullshit should completely stop.

As I've said and will continue to say, he's the most underrated player on the team.

JD10367
Anyone who says a win feels like a loss needs to get buttraped with a splintery rake handle. The other guys get paid to play, too. Do you know what good teams do? They play crappy and still win. Turning the ball over twice near the end zone and still winning = take it and go have a beer. It's not how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose.

LaChapelle
Is this a Mecca mating call
/JK

Zaiko
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM
We beat em. How you do one week doesn't mean you'll do the same the next.. although in this case I'd take it.. win is a win.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm happy with the win, just not ecstatic.

I was hoping for Team Arrowhead II: NFL Police. Instead we got Kansas City Keystone Cops.

eazyb81
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
This is the type of game we would have lost in recent seasons.

It shows how far this team has come that we can play poorly and still grind out a win.

8-4, leading the division in December. Just relax and enjoy it.

KC Jones
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Even though we have manhandled some teams from the NFC Worst, we've squeaked out some ugly wins and lost against not very good teams. This team is heading in the right direction, but a long ways from making noise in the post season. I expect the Chargers to kick our ass next week.

petegz28
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm happy with the win, just not ecstatic.

I was hoping for Team Arrowhead II: NFL Police. Instead we got Kansas City Keystone Cops.

Bullshit. We got a team with heart and character that found a way to win even when things were not going the way we wanted. We held the Broncos out of the end zone for the 1st time this year. We shut down the #1 pass game in the NFL.

This win took heart and character and we displayed it.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
The only thing from this game that may carry over to next week is Bflow. He definately wasn't 100% and was being tended to on the sidelines at one point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Bullshit. We got a team with heart and character that found a way to win even when things were not going the way we wanted. We held the Broncos out of the end zone for the 1st time this year. We shut down the #1 pass game in the NFL.

This win took heart and character and we displayed it.

Yeah, and we got an offensive effort that was as tasty as milk of magnesia.

I don't know WHAT IN THE FUCK that fat, donut-gobblibg, bubble screen-calling retard is thinking, but it totally fucking sucks.

Extra Point
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Defense kicked ass and penalties real and imaginary hurt us. Still won and it has jack and shit to do with next week.

Haley grew another dick for your sig to make any sense!

Valiant
12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
As long as they learn from the simple mistakes this week it will be fine.. They played a good game on both sides, just key mistakes killed drives..

You need to make a gif, of when Orton got sacked last I believe.. They zoomed in on his face on the ground.. No life in it whats so ever.. It was pure agony in his eyes..

Here is to McDaniels have a career losing record guaranteed thanks to loss number 9..

petegz28
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM

I don't know WHAT IN THE **** that fat, donut-gobblibg, bubble screen-calling retard is thinking, but it totally ****ing sucks.

There really was nothing wrong with out playcalling today. The Refs had a lot to do with some great plays coming back on imaginary penalties.

TheGuardian
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
This is a game we lose a year a go. WE win these games now. That's what good teams do.

grandllama
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I expect the Chargers to kick our ass next week.

Well, if the Raiders keep looking as competent as they do right now next week isn't going to matter.

That said, if the Raiders play like the Raiders and let the Chargers actually get the momentum and come back, look for two things:

1) The game gets flexed to prime time
2) We do get our asses kicked.

Revenge works both ways, and I assume the Chargers will be hella pumped next week.

RINGLEADER
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
It feels like a loss because we had it close to the redzone (or in it) 3-4 times and scored once. It feels like a loss because we went stagnant for much of the second half. It feels like a loss because everytime we had an opportunity to put points up we had crappy penalties that weren't related to the play (Moeaki not being on the line negating a TD, not going for the FG after Richardson false-started on the next play, the 58-yard Dex run being called back on a Copper hold that was MAYBE happening after the runner had passed).

The Chiefs put up 381 yards of offense -- and the defense completely shut down the leading pass attack in the NFL. Only reason it feels like this is because the score was so close and part of the reason it was so close is because we had to overcome so mistakes that in other games don't get called. VERY easily could have been 24-3 headed into the fourth quarter. But it wasn't.

I'd say it was more of a frustrating game.

Though I have to reiterate my weekly complaint about not using Jamaal Charles more.

RINGLEADER
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM

1. They already announced that they're not flexing the game.
2. Probable given how the Chargers play in December (18-0 in their last 18 December games???)

petegz28
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, if the Raiders keep looking as competent as they do right now next week isn't going to matter.

That said, if the Raiders play like the Raiders and let the Chargers actually get the momentum and come back, look for two things:

Revenge works both ways, and I assume the Chargers will be hella pumped next week.

They cannot flex the SD-Chiefs game. The rule is it has to be done a minimum of 12 days before the game. And it has already been announced they are staying with Dallas-Philly.

dirk digler
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Nope. Win is all that matters.

Up to the coaches to make sure the team is prepared for SD.

Yep

the Talking Can
12-05-2010, 03:51 PM
every week in the nfl is different....this is proven time and again

we may get our shit packed in san diego, but it won't have anything to do with this game

it was an ugly win, but i feel great about it....we won, denver lost...**** them

we're 8-4

they scored 49 on us last time, and 6 this time....things change

Saul Good
12-05-2010, 03:52 PM

I don't know WHAT IN THE **** that fat, donut-gobblibg, bubble screen-calling retard is thinking, but it totally ****ing sucks.

The play-calling was fine. We just committed penalties that hurt us.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Only problem i had today was we should have kicked the FG on that 4th down on the 1. Hindsites 20/20 i guess....

Saul Good
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Only problem i had today was we should have kicked the FG on that 4th down on the 1. Hindsites 20/20 i guess....

I don't have a problem with going for it there. Would have liked to see us run, though.

Chocolate Hog
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Oh, and the "Carr sucks" bullshit should completely stop.

As I've said and will continue to say, he's the most underrated player on the team.

I kinda ignored you sayin all that. You being black and all I just assumed he was your cousin.

Otter
12-05-2010, 03:57 PM
May actually be a blessing is disguise after two nearly flawless weeks. A little dose of reality never hurt anyone.

Chocolate Hog
12-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I mean we held a pretty good offense to 6 points without Lewis who we haven't won a game without. Theres no such thing as style points in this weather.

tmax63
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
A split with the donkeys, a split with SD minimum, and another shot at the faiders. Leading the division in December. They could still rip us fan's hearts out but my what a difference a year or two makes.

dirk digler
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Yeah I was fucking screaming at the TV when Haley pulled that bullshit again.

FAX
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah I was ****ing screaming at the TV when Haley pulled that bullshit again.

He mentioned that they were in "fourth down mode" on that drive once they passed the 50. I don't agree with all his calls, but who can fathom the mind of a cat burger?

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
The play-calling was fine. We just committed penalties that hurt us.

Fuck "Bubbles".

HemiEd
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Feels like a loss?? A win is a win. Cant some people just be happy?? Did you see Haley at the end of the game?

Means nothing for next week.

Actually, I think it bodes well for next week. They had their heads in the clouds after the last two weeks.
They escaped with a win, and Haley and his staff will have plenty of ammunition to get the players focused. I was thinking in the 3rd quarter, they may be practicing in pads all week again.

dirk digler
12-05-2010, 04:17 PM
He mentioned that they were in "fourth down mode" on that drive once they passed the 50. I don't agree with all his calls, but who can fathom the mind of a cat burger?

FAX

I don't mind most of his decisions but this one and one IIRC in the Bills game not taking the gimme FG is freakin stupid.

DTLB58
12-05-2010, 04:20 PM
It almost feels like a loss.

Does it mean anything for next week? Is this a good wake up call that we need to be more mentally sharp? Or is it a sign that we're not ready for next week?

Maybe it's a good thing our defense played so well, especially against the pass? Means we might have a shot at beating Rivers next week?

Not sure what to think.

Not as bad as Buffalo, but almost.

But, I'll take it, cause we scored a TD on O and they didn't and it was a division game.

I remember a playoff win back in the early 90's against the Raiders the Final was 10-6. I was happy cause it was against the Raiders. Same today.