PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Barry Richardson

Pages : 1 [2]

BigRock
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Hmmm, if that was shown on TV, I think all of us missed it.

We're you by chance at the game?

It was on TV. Watch Richardson coming off the field. As he walks he eventually starts yelling and pointing his finger at someone, and it's a quick shot, but the only two people there are Muir and Mo Carthon. Muir is looking right at him, while Carthon has his back to BRich and is sending a signal to the guys on the field, so it's clearly Muir he's talking to.

Then they show the field again. Then they cut back to BRich, who is finishing his rant at Muir. Asamoah tries to calm him down and gets shoved. Then the same thing happens to Hoffman.

That he immediately got into it with Muir has also shown up in some of the written accounts of the game, most notably Gretz's.

DaneMcCloud
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
I watched the same B Richardson you guys did and didn't draw any of the conclusions you did.

Did you not notice when he pulled and led Charles on one of the best runs of the day? He and Moeaki sprung Charles on more than one occassion.

How about last week when he played LT for an injured B Albert?

You guys piss and moan and none of you even know what his responsibilities are on any given play. How many of you even know what BOOM blocking is?

I saw the same type of things posted about Dorsey last year. You freaking morons ever bother to check Dorsey's stats against NFL averages for his position last year?

You think you know football and most of you never even played in High School. For the record Dorsey is having a great year and he had a pretty solid year last year.

Tyson Jackson is so far at least a disappointment but let's not throw him under the bus yet.

DMC affects the way teams defend the Chiefs, they have not integrated him into the offense the way the Patriots have Welker but let's face it Cassel is still struggling to be solid QB. He is not ready to be the guy that can carry the team so DMC's roll is somewhat limited.

They are not going to put the game in the hands of their QB and rightly so. They are winning ugly because that's what they need to do right now. Of all the draft picks in the last five years it's hard to imagine better value than Barry Richardson (7th)and Ryan Succop(7th).

If you want to just bitch about something try the blocking on the return game. It seems like the guys are spending more time looking at DMC and Arenas than they are on who they should block.

I have been one of Cassel's biggest critics but at times he has shown flashes and his TD to INT ratio is a big reason the Chiefs are winning.

If any of us really knew what we were talking about when it comes to players there are 20 or so teams in the NFL that could use our expertise.

Enjoy the season and stop thinking you are an expert in the inner workings of an Offensive line.

Most of you have no idea.

Fixed your "post".

Welcome. Are you grammatically challenged or is that an Ozark thing?

DaneMcCloud
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
It was on TV. Watch Richardson coming off the field. As he walks he eventually starts yelling and pointing his finger at someone, and it's a quick shot, but the only two people there are Muir and Mo Carthon. Muir is looking right at him, while Carthon has his back to BRich and is sending a signal to the guys on the field, so it's clearly Muir he's talking to.

Then they show the field again. Then they cut back to BRich, who is finishing his rant at Muir. Asamoah tries to calm him down and gets shoved. Then the same thing happens to Hoffman.

That he immediately got into it with Muir has also shown up in some of the written accounts of the game, most notably Gretz's.

Dude, that was Steve Hoffman the whole time. And he doesn't have a goatee.

Bill Muir is 100 years old.

DaneMcCloud
12-06-2010, 12:43 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/05/barry-richardson-shoves-coach_n_792250.html

Hoffman

BigRock
12-06-2010, 01:03 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/05/barry-richardson-shoves-coach_n_792250.html

Hoffman

Muir.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1291/brich.jpg

googlegoogle
12-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Dante84 http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7228126#post7228126)
Like I said guys.... how many parents did he have growing up?
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
wow ... racist much?

How is that racist? single parenting = racism now? :shake:

-King-
12-06-2010, 02:18 AM
wow ... racist much?

Wow, when it seems you can't get any dumber...
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
12-06-2010, 02:41 AM

Hoffman

The best thing about that link is that it allowed me to click on the Bristol Palin endorses abstinence ad with "The Situation."

That's like the Chiefs defense endorsing interceptions.

Frosty
12-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Is anybody else pissed that cassel took a sack on 4th and goal?

At least throw it up and give someone a chance...

No, but it would have been nice if he had thrown it away so that the Broncos would have been pinned inside the 10 instead of almost to the 20.

Chief Henry
12-06-2010, 07:36 AM
No, but it would have been nice if he had thrown it away so that the Broncos would have been pinned inside the 10 instead of almost to the 20.

Cassel should not have been in that position in the first place. Our head coach screwed the pooch on not taking the 3 points and a two posession
lead after that nice drive to start the 2nd half.

boogblaster
12-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Yea Haley needs to take them 3 points when they are given .. plus they should of ran the ball instead of that failed pass attempt .......

Fairplay
12-06-2010, 09:13 AM
I would let him play but only if he wore diapers.

Fairplay
12-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Enjoy the season and stop thinking you are an expert in the inner workings of an Offensive line. Most of you have no idea.

I have no idea, where do i get one.

Dylan
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDMVd7durhE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDMVd7durhE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LMAO Where'd the coach go after Richardson pushed him?

spanky 52
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Despite what Haley said in the post game presser, Richardson will pay for this.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
He should be fined and sit out the 1st quarter of the SD game.

stevieray
12-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Despite what Haley said in the post game presser, Richardson will pay for this.

...as he should.

spanky 52
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
...as he should.

Absolutely.

Pestilence
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Doesn't surprise me as to who started the thread.

Brock
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I watched the same B Richardson you guys did and didn't draw any of the conclusions you did. Did you not notice when he pulled and led Charles on one of the best runs of the day? He and Moeaki sprung Charles on more than one occassion. How about last week when he played LT for an injured B Albert? You guys piss and moan and none of you even know what his responsibilities are on any given play. How many of you even know what BOOM blocking is? I saw the same type of things posted about Dorsey last year. You freaking morons ever bother to check Dorsey's stats against NFL averages for his position last year? You think you know football and most of you never even played in High School. For the record Dorsey is having a great year and he had a pretty solid year last year. Tyson Jackson is so far at least a disappointment but let's not throw him under the bus yet. DMC affects the way teams defend the Chiefs, they have not integrated him into the offense the way the Patriots have Welker but let's face it Cassel is still struggling to be solid QB. He is not ready to be the guy that can carry the team so DMC's roll is somewhat limited. They are not going to put the game in the hands of their QB and rightly so. They are winning ugly because that's what they need to do right now. Of all the draft picks in the last five years it's hard to imagine better value than Barry Richardson (7th)and Ryan Succop(7th). If you want to just bitch about something try the blocking on the return game. It seems like the guys are spending more time looking at DMC and Arenas than they are on who they should block. I have been one of Cassel's biggest critics but at times he has shown flashes and his TD to INT ratio is a big reason the Chiefs are winning. If any of us really knew what we were talking about when it comes to players there are 20 or so teams in the NFL that could use our expertise. Enjoy the season and stop thinking you are an expert in the inner workings of an Offensive line. Most of you have no idea.

Nobody read this. Stop thinking you're an expert on the inner workings of a paragraph.

salame
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
the stupid coach shouldn't have pushed him

Frankie
12-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I watched the same B Richardson you guys did and didn't draw any of the conclusions you did. Did you not notice when he pulled and led Charles on one of the best runs of the day? He and Moeaki sprung Charles on more than one occassion. How about last week when he played LT for an injured B Albert? You guys piss and moan and none of you even know what his responsibilities are on any given play. How many of you even know what BOOM blocking is? I saw the same type of things posted about Dorsey last year. You freaking morons ever bother to check Dorsey's stats against NFL averages for his position last year? You think you know football and most of you never even played in High School. For the record Dorsey is having a great year and he had a pretty solid year last year. Tyson Jackson is so far at least a disappointment but let's not throw him under the bus yet. DMC affects the way teams defend the Chiefs, they have not integrated him into the offense the way the Patriots have Welker but let's face it Cassel is still struggling to be solid QB. He is not ready to be the guy that can carry the team so DMC's roll is somewhat limited. They are not going to put the game in the hands of their QB and rightly so. They are winning ugly because that's what they need to do right now. Of all the draft picks in the last five years it's hard to imagine better value than Barry Richardson (7th)and Ryan Succop(7th). If you want to just bitch about something try the blocking on the return game. It seems like the guys are spending more time looking at DMC and Arenas than they are on who they should block. I have been one of Cassel's biggest critics but at times he has shown flashes and his TD to INT ratio is a big reason the Chiefs are winning. If any of us really knew what we were talking about when it comes to players there are 20 or so teams in the NFL that could use our expertise. Enjoy the season and stop thinking you are an expert in the inner workings of an Offensive line. Most of you have no idea.

As rants go, this is a good one. Seriously,... good post. Just put your next one in paragraphs.

Rain Man
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
He should be fined and sit out the 1st quarter of the SD game.

Maybe not the San Diego game. Maybe some preseason game next year. I'm sure that would reinforce the point just as well.

Frankie
12-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow, when it seems you can't get any dumber...
Posted via Mobile Device

Why? I bet better than half of the posters here didn't recognize the connection. And the post Laz reacted to did not have any smilies or other clues to help the reader make the connection.

Do you just enjoy calling people names?

Brainiac
12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Sometimes taking a sack is all the quarterback can do. When the defensive lineman is all over him and the quarterback is back-pedaling, a sack is a hell of lot better outcome than a pick six.

HemiEd
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM

3rd post in five years, is a pretty darn good one. Sure was hard to read though.

-King-
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Why? I bet better than half of the posters here didn't recognize the connection. And the post Laz reacted to did not have any smilies or other clues to help the reader make the connection.

Do you just enjoy calling people names?

Did I call anyone names?

And plus, how was it racist? White people can come from single parent households too.

RedThat
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah he lost his cool. So what? It happens. I kind of like that though. That's a bit of a good thing. It shows passion.

I don't agree with the statement to say he sucks. If you actually evaluate his play throughout the course of the season, he's been solid for us.

He's been struggling lately. Yeah. So what? He's hit a few bumps in the road. Sometimes that happens during player development.

*Chiefs won't cut him just because he shoved a coach. And I HATE it when I see some of you act like he deserves to be cut because of that incident. Give me a break. Some of you act like no nonsense, zero tolerance, take no prisoners type of people. Yeah lets cut him! Then what? Play O'Callaghan? You realize Richardson is the best we got right? Great value for a 6th round pick, and I hope he doesn't tangle himself up in his own emotions but gets better because of it.

WebGem
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I could of swore a player shoved Richardson after he shoved the coach, you can't see it in that video though.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Could you do me a favor and just re-type this in all caps

Frankie
12-06-2010, 04:24 PM

:D

OK guys, give this guy a break. He had a good point to make.

milkman
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
:D

OK guys, give this guy a break. He had a good point to make.

No, actually he didn't.

If he had any reading comprehension, he'd know that it was just a few random dumbasses that didn't recognize that BRich has played solid this season, and that Dorsey played solid last season, and has progressed and become a pretty damn good 5 tech.

If he had any reading comprehension, he'd know that we've wondered what the hell happened to STs blocking.

But clearly, based on that post, he doesn't have any reading comprehension, because he sure as hell doesn't know how to structure a sentence or a pargraph.

I can only speculate that actual sentences and paragraphs confuse the hell out of him.

Rausch
12-06-2010, 08:35 PM
If Richardson displayed that type of passion and intensity on the field Charles wouldn't need more carries...

Reerun_KC
12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
So what's the verdict? Fine or suspension? Both?

MadMax
12-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Did I call anyone names?

And plus, how was it racist? White people can come from single parent households too.

OK -King- let it go, I've eaten my crow and it's time to put your big boy pants back on... I made a prediction, I was wrong but to keep acting like you are dogging me with a stupid sig line is pathetic.

DRU
12-06-2010, 09:19 PM

strtoupper($str);

I WATCHED THE SAME B RICHARDSON YOU GUYS DID AND DIDN'T DRAW ANY OF THE CONCLUSIONS YOU DID. DID YOU NOT NOTICE WHEN HE PULLED AND LED CHARLES ON ONE OF THE BEST RUNS OF THE DAY? HE AND MOEAKI SPRUNG CHARLES ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASSION. HOW ABOUT LAST WEEK WHEN HE PLAYED LT FOR AN INJURED B ALBERT? YOU GUYS PISS AND MOAN AND NONE OF YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT HIS RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ON ANY GIVEN PLAY. HOW MANY OF YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT BOOM BLOCKING IS? I SAW THE SAME TYPE OF THINGS POSTED ABOUT DORSEY LAST YEAR. YOU FREAKING MORONS EVER BOTHER TO CHECK DORSEY'S STATS AGAINST NFL AVERAGES FOR HIS POSITION LAST YEAR? YOU THINK YOU KNOW FOOTBALL AND MOST OF YOU NEVER EVEN PLAYED IN HIGH SCHOOL. FOR THE RECORD DORSEY IS HAVING A GREAT YEAR AND HE HAD A PRETTY SOLID YEAR LAST YEAR. TYSON JACKSON IS SO FAR AT LEAST A DISAPPOINTMENT BUT LET'S NOT THROW HIM UNDER THE BUS YET. DMC AFFECTS THE WAY TEAMS DEFEND THE CHIEFS, THEY HAVE NOT INTEGRATED HIM INTO THE OFFENSE THE WAY THE PATRIOTS HAVE WELKER BUT LET'S FACE IT CASSEL IS STILL STRUGGLING TO BE SOLID QB. HE IS NOT READY TO BE THE GUY THAT CAN CARRY THE TEAM SO DMC'S ROLL IS SOMEWHAT LIMITED. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO PUT THE GAME IN THE HANDS OF THEIR QB AND RIGHTLY SO. THEY ARE WINNING UGLY BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY NEED TO DO RIGHT NOW. OF ALL THE DRAFT PICKS IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE BETTER VALUE THAN BARRY RICHARDSON (7TH)AND RYAN SUCCOP(7TH). IF YOU WANT TO JUST BITCH ABOUT SOMETHING TRY THE BLOCKING ON THE RETURN GAME. IT SEEMS LIKE THE GUYS ARE SPENDING MORE TIME LOOKING AT DMC AND ARENAS THAN THEY ARE ON WHO THEY SHOULD BLOCK. I HAVE BEEN ONE OF CASSEL'S BIGGEST CRITICS BUT AT TIMES HE HAS SHOWN FLASHES AND HIS TD TO INT RATIO IS A BIG REASON THE CHIEFS ARE WINNING. IF ANY OF US REALLY KNEW WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYERS THERE ARE 20 OR SO TEAMS IN THE NFL THAT COULD USE OUR EXPERTISE. ENJOY THE SEASON AND STOP THINKING YOU ARE AN EXPERT IN THE INNER WORKINGS OF AN OFFENSIVE LINE. MOST OF YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

TEX
12-06-2010, 10:49 PM

I'd go with both. A player should never raise his hand to a coach. Period. I don't care if the coach is the biggest prick on the planet. Just my opinion.

Rausch
12-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I'd go with both. A player should never raise his hand to a coach. Period. I don't care if the coach is the biggest prick on the planet. Just my opinion.

In Carolina, LB slams coach!

http://skullqwake.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/kevin-greene.jpg

philfree
12-06-2010, 11:17 PM

Let it go in as much as our coaches can harness Richardson's anger and have him take it our on the Chargers. I think this is right up Haley's alley.

PhilFree:arrow:

veist
12-07-2010, 12:57 AM
You'd think BRich laid someone out on the sidelines the way some people are reacting to this.

Frankie
12-07-2010, 01:14 AM

The chair scene from Casino Royale.

BossChief
12-08-2010, 12:22 AM
so, did he ever get fined or anything? has he been the3 starter in practice?

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2010, 12:24 AM
so, did he ever get fined or anything? has he been the3 starter in practice?

Dude, Haley said repeatedly it would be dealt "in house" and that he liked the fire Richardson displayed.

All I can say is that it's about fucking time in regards to Richardson.

TheGuardian
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
This thread still works.

Barry Richardson sucks gorilla nuts. Get that bitch off the field.

Funny enough, he was suck a couple of games before I posted this, but REALLY went into the toilet about the time I made this thread. The guy is a complete liability.

Frankie
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
This thread still works.

Funny enough, he was suck a couple of games before I posted this, but REALLY went into the toilet about the time I made this thread. The guy is a complete liability.

IMO, he's good to keep as a backup T.

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
IMO, he's good to keep as a backup T.This. He's good depth.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
This thread still works.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thought that Barry Richardson could hold off Terrell Suggs the entire game.

The offensive game planning and execution was horrific. Richardson should have had more help, whether it be Asamoah or Moeaki or even O'Failahan. Just another body to help in the passing game.

It was a pathetic display of offensive "genious" on the part of Haley, Sirianni & Weis.

Instead of game-planning against the Ravens and their formidable defense, the Chiefs played "their" offense and the Ravens kicked the shit out out them.

Stupid.

JASONSAUTO
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I think right now we all, no matter what fucking side you fight for, better be praying PRAYING that charlie fucking weis called the whole game today.I don't think anyone in their right mind thought that Barry Richardson could hold off Terrell Suggs the entire game.

The offensive game planning and execution was horrific. Richardson should have had more help, whether it be Asamoah or Moeaki or even O'Failahan. Just another body to help in the passing game.

It was a pathetic display of offensive "genious" on the part of Haley, Sirianni & Weis.

Instead of game-planning against the Ravens and their formidable defense, the Chiefs played "their" offense and the Ravens kicked the shit out out them.

Stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
01-09-2011, 06:55 PM
The offensive game planning and execution was horrific.

I thought fat ass Weis said the Chiefs were gonna "bring their game."

doomy3
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM
We need competition at every single position on this line.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2011, 07:13 PM
We need competition at every single position on this line.

Asamoah filled in for both Lilja & Waters this past season and played extremely well. That's saying something, considering Waters made the Pro Bowl. Asamoah can step in at right or left guard without the team missing a beat and he'll be even better next year.

Center is the biggest need on the line, IMHO.

doomy3
01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Asamoah filled in for both Lilja & Waters this past season and played extremely well. That's saying something, considering Waters made the Pro Bowl. Asamoah can step in at right or left guard without the team missing a beat and he'll be even better next year.

Yeah, I think Asamoah could be good. And I was probably a little hyperbolic. But, I think our tackles pretty much suck ass. I would be good with finding another right and left tackle, and moving Albert inside. Richardson could be a swing tackle.

RedThat
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I think Asamoah could be good. And I was probably a little hyperbolic. But, I think our tackles pretty much suck ass. I would be good with finding another right and left tackle, and moving Albert inside. Richardson could be a swing tackle.

I agree our tackles suck. Richardson would be good for depth and not as a starter.

Frankie
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Does anyone think we can switch Albert to RT ala Jon Tait, instead of inside? just asking.

doomy3
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Does anyone think we can switch Albert to RT ala Tait, instead of inside. just asking.

I'd rather just move him to guard. He played guard in college, and is a much better run blocker than pass blocker. He is bad in space against the pass rush.

RedThat
01-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I'd rather just move him to guard. He played guard in college, and is a much better run blocker than pass blocker. He is bad in space against the pass rush.

I like the idea about moving Albert to guard, but then what do they do with Lilja?

Frankie
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM

How much would it cost Clark to have Willie Roaf cloned? :hmmm:

doomy3
01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I like the idea about moving Albert to guard, but then what do they do with Lilja?

I don't know. I just know that we can't keep with the turnstiles we have at the tackles. Albert would be a mauler at guard. Let Lilja and Asamoah battle it out in training camp.

Easy 6
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Does anyone think we can switch Albert to RT ala Jon Tait, instead of inside? just asking.

I dont, i've pretty much always hated moving guys on the line around like that, unless its some emergency like when Shields played LT for a few games.

If Anthony Munoz becomes available, thats one thing... but when teams start mix & matching o linemen like that, it usually doesnt end well.

RedThat
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't know. I just know that we can't keep with the turnstiles we have at the tackles. Albert would be a mauler at guard. Let Lilja and Asamoah battle it out in training camp.

We could have the interior of the line set by moving Albert to guard, and letting Asamoah and Lilja battle it out. Both are good players imo. Then draft a good center and all we need are some tackles. lol unfortunately that is the hardest position to address on the OL.

doomy3
01-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I dont, i've pretty much always hated moving guys on the line around like that, unless its some emergency like when Shields played LT for a few games.

If Anthony Munoz becomes available, thats one thing... but when teams start mix & matching o linemen like that, it usually doesnt end well.

I'd prefer to just find a decent LT, and move Albert to the position he played in college. I'm done with that experiment.

RedThat
01-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Well, moving Albert to guard may not be a bad idea. That was his natural position after all. A lot of scouts, and experts felt he would struggle at tackle and sure enough they were right.

Frankie
01-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, moving Albert to guard may not be a bad idea. That was his natural position after all. A lot of scouts, and experts felt he would struggle at tackle and sure enough they were right.

If the chiefs wanted to go that way, it would change our entire draft dynamics. I think we would be looking for one in the 1st or 2nd. Who are some good LTs coming out this year?

Our draft would almost have to be:

Rd.1- Take the best LT, WR, or NT (maybe in that order)

Rd.2- Take the best of the remaining two positions.

Rd.3- Take the last remaining position or a rush LB.

Saccopoo
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM

No.

The guy is a guard. Period.

The experiment should be considered terminated at this point.

Bad pick by Carl and Herm. Move him inside, slot Asamoah at his RG spot and get some new tackles.

Problem is, Pioli wasted two of the best offensive tackle drafts in memory in 2009 & 2010 by not recognizing our lack of talent at the position and not drafting one.

But that should have made everyone around here happy as I was told repeatedly that Albert was "ascending."

Year three of the project, and he's not good and now we wasted the strength of the last two drafts by not getting a quality player at either tackle position.

And when we end up drafting Barksdale at the 21 spot, remember that we could have had Oher, Okung, Beadles or a number of other quality players in the last two drafts and could have spent this years number one on a legitimate franchise quarterback.

TheGuardian
01-09-2011, 07:44 PM

Good God yes.

I like Weigman as a backup but good lord the guy just wilts away as the season goes. He's always had trouble with bigger nose tackles and I think as a whole, he was better than usual this season for the most part, but if you put a real nice center on this line I think it all actually kind of comes together.

But Richardson has to go as a starter, I mean. He's a quality back up, but he's not starting material.

MahiMike
01-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Wiegman was a stop gap. Does pretty good in pass protection but when you absolutely have to get 3rd and short, he's a bit long in the tooth. I think Center is top pick (if we can sign WR in free agency).

TheGuardian
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Draft Wisniewski. His uncle was that POS Steve. I'd like to take him just to stick it to Steve.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Good God yes.

I like Weigman as a backup but good lord the guy just wilts away as the season goes. He's always had trouble with bigger nose tackles and I think as a whole, he was better than usual this season for the most part, but if you put a real nice center on this line I think it all actually kind of comes together.

But Richardson has to go as a starter, I mean. He's a quality back up, but he's not starting material.

I've said this in the past and Milkman has echoed this statement:

The offensive lineman have all taken a step back under Muir.

I doubt that Muir will be fired this offseason but it's very clear that the Chiefs need to upgrade their offensive staff. The game planning and play calling have been poor at times, especially the situational playcalling.

Offensive personnel will definitely help (WR's, OL, TE & RB - I don't see Cassel going anywhere this offseason) but they definitely need better game planning and in-game adjustments in 2011.

Frankie
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
If the chiefs wanted to go that way, it would change our entire draft dynamics. I think we would be looking for one in the 1st or 2nd. Who are some good LTs coming out this year?

Our draft would almost have to be:

Rd.1- Take the best LT, WR, or NT (maybe in that order)

Rd.2- Take the best of the remaining two positions and/or C.

Rd.3- Take the best of the remaining two positions or a rush LB.

Rd.4- Take the best of the remaining two positions.

FMP. ;) Forgot center before.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I hope the Chiefs make a run at Yanda from the Ravens. I have always liked him as a right tackle since coming out of Iowa. He would be a nice upgrade to B-Rich and Richardson then would give us great depth.