PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Right Now Tamba Hali Is #3 Sack Leader In NFL

RINGLEADER
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
He could drop depending on how James Harrison and Shawn Phillips (who also have 10.0 sacks each) and DeMarcus Ware (with 9.5) do today, but as of this second he's behind only Cameron Wake with 12.0 and Clay Matthews with 11.5.

As a team the Chiefs are in the middle of the pack with 26.0. A far cry from a couple years ago when we set the new record for sacking ineptness.....

cabletech94
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
that sack/strip/recovery was a game changer. sort of.

grandllama
Considering he is getting ass raped on every single play with no calls, I consider that a huge accomplishment.

Miles
Yeah, not bad.

LiL stumppy
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
we draft von miller or ayers in the first round... you seriously might see him put up close to 20 sacks next year... and especially if we get a better NT

Valiant
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Considering he is getting ass raped on every single play with no calls, I consider that a huge accomplishment.

Yeah, I would love to bring in somebody or draft somebody to equal his intensity on the other side in getting pressure..

Didn't Clay start the season with like 8 sacks in the first 2 to 3 games??

TheGuardian
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Hali is doing this with ZERO help. I don't know if people really appreciate what a special player he has turned into. If he had even an 8 sack a year guy on the other side of him he's a pro bowler every year.

redhed
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM

In a game where both Os were doodoo, that play was pretty big.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Hali is doing this with ZERO help. I don't know if people really appreciate what a special player he has turned into. If he had even an 8 sack a year guy on the other side of him he's a pro bowler every year.

Hali was much more effective today with Studebaker on the opposite side rather Vrabel.

Something I've been saying since last season.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
This much is certain: Hali plays Clady like a Stradivarius.

Pushead2
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM

he does get held a lot.

LaChapelle
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
All I want for Christmas is a bloody Hali jersey

Bane
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
All I want for Christmas is a bloody Hali jersey

And a stay down bitch button.

KCFTW
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
He never quits.

DTLB58
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Yeah, If the offense would have done their job!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Hali was much more effective today with Studebaker on the opposite side rather Vrabel.

This. Time for linebackers coaching job, me thinks.

scho63
12-05-2010, 05:14 PM

I've been blasted on this board for my touting Hali. He is getting ZERO help; no Neil Smith, no Dan Saleamua, and nothing but a shitty Tyson Jackson and Shaun Smith. Imagine if he had any help? :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I've been blasted on this board for my touting Hali. He is getting ZERO help; no Neil Smith, no Dan Saleamua, and nothing but a shitty Tyson Jackson and Shaun Smith. Imagine if he had any help? :thumb:

Was there EVER a crappier, overvalued, 3rd overall in the history of this franchise?

Oh yes, it would sure suck balls to have that Crabtree fellow running opposite of Bowe right now!

Horrible I say!

scho63
12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Was there EVER a crappier, overvalued, 3rd overall in the history of this franchise?

Oh yes, it would sure suck balls to have that Crabtree fellow running opposite of Bowe right now!

Horrible I say!

Ryan Sims sucked balls and he was a "No Miss" pick. Fat lazy bastard

-King-
12-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Horrible I say!

:spock: Of all the players you could have picked from that draft...you pick Crabtree? Really?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
:spock: Of all the players you could have picked from that draft...you pick Crabtree? Really?

Uh, no. But we weren't going down the road for the two BEST choices there, champ.

Aka Detriot/NYJ

Thx/Bye!:thumb:

Priest31kc
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Much rather have Maclin than Crabtree. :). Seriously though, J-Mac would be a much better fit, we need that speed guy opposite Bowe.

doomy3
12-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Uh, no. But we weren't going down the road for the two BEST choices there, champ.

Aka Detriot/NYJ

Thx/Bye!:thumb:

Freeman, Maclin, Matthews or Cushing would all be better options than Crabtree or Sanchez.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Much rather have Maclin than Crabtree. :). Seriously though, J-Mac would be a much better fit, we need that speed guy opposite Bowe.

A 3rd for J Mac looks pretty justified these days.

DBOSHO
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Besides mike vrabel being a "coach on the field" why doesnt studebaker get more pt?

I read alot of comments when he played earlier and people werent impressed with his play on here. Did he have a pretty good game today?

Von Dumbass
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
He would be number 4 if Dumervil played this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Freeman, Maclin, Matthews or Cushing would all be better options than Crabtree or Sanchez.

LMAO Predictable.

Pushead2
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM

I agree 100%

Marcellus
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Sacks and pressures come in bunches. He was due. Hopefully he goes on a streak.

DJ has me concerned, where has he been the last 5 weeks or so?

milkman
12-05-2010, 08:20 PM

Tell us again about how Robert Ayers was so good in camp that he was taking some time off to let others get in.

rockymtnchief
12-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Pure speculation.

Now go finish your juice box and stfu.

-King-
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
LMAO Predictable.

What? They wouldn't?

Maclin is by far better than Crabtree
Harvin is by far better than Crabtree
Clay Matthews is one of the best OLBs in the league
Freeman is by far better than Sanchez with less than half the weapons Sanchez has

Fruit Ninja
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM

He's been doing ok. He's also dropped SO many interceptions its in sane. Dude has just stone hands. haha He's always out in coverage. They only threw for 117 yards. though they did run up the middle on us, but in the end 2 field goals we gave up.

-King-
12-05-2010, 08:24 PM

Oh well, at least Josh McDaniels is still one of the greatest coaches ever as it says in your sig.

RINGLEADER
12-05-2010, 08:24 PM

Counting his money?

zonachief
12-05-2010, 08:27 PM
OMG if we had Clay and Tamba........

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 08:27 PM
What? They wouldn't?

Freeman is by far better than Sanchez with less than half the weapons Sanchez has

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Saul Good
12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh well, at least Josh McDaniels is still one of the greatest coaches ever as it says in your sig.

The full quote was "one of the greatest coaches ever fired after 2 seasons".

GloryDayz
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Hali is a beast. And the Sack-Strip-Recovery was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcellus
12-05-2010, 08:31 PM
He's been doing ok. He's also dropped SO many interceptions its in sane. Dude has just stone hands. haha He's always out in coverage. They only threw for 117 yards. though they did run up the middle on us, but in the end 2 field goals we gave up.

They ran well for 2 reasons.

We were willing to give up the run to play the pass and it worked. Double coverages and safeties playing deep.

Poor ass tackling.

Bane
12-05-2010, 08:32 PM

STFU

http://i56.tinypic.com/2c0a52.jpg

Bane
12-05-2010, 08:32 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/16itq4p.jpg

doomy3
12-06-2010, 09:27 PM

LMAO Predictable.

What? They wouldn't?

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

I missed these posts last night. Would you care to explain why you think Sanchez or Crabtree would be better picks than anyone I mentioned? Of course you could always just deflect or post another row of smilies.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I missed these posts last night. Would you care to explain why you think Sanchez or Crabtree would be better picks than anyone I mentioned? Of course you could always just deflect or post another row of smilies.

There's never much of a point in doing so, so...not really. Just believe what you like.

stevieray
12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
...looks like their decision to change his position has paid off nicely.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 10:00 AM
...looks like their decision to change his position has paid off nicely.

No way. I was told by smart MF'ers that Hali would be an epic failure as an outside backer.

It looks like it has actually been a more natural position for him. Barring missing some games he's probably going to end up with 12-14 sacks.

Dave Lane
12-07-2010, 10:01 AM

He got his contract extended.

keg in kc
12-07-2010, 10:39 AM
It's amazing how much the guy gets held. Hopefully as he continues to make a name for himself, he'll start to get a few calls.

ChiefsNow
12-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Go Hali.

Chief Henry
12-07-2010, 10:53 AM

Saw on ESPN this morning that Steelers Troy Polamalus sack and strip of Joe Flacco was one of ESPNs top 10 plays of the week - but Hali's sack, strip and recovery was not :cuss:

philfree
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
The Tamba Hali Chop!

PhilFree:arrow:

Count Alex's Losses
12-07-2010, 11:19 AM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ip4AKdKiZA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ip4AKdKiZA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Bane
12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ip4AKdKiZA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ip4AKdKiZA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Loved the one at the 1:30 mark.It looked like a bloody Tamba Hali chasing Aborton. FUCK YEAH!!!!!

-King-
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

You're a fucking clown. Dispute ANYTHING I said. You're just waiting for a drafturbator to post so you can piggy back them.

Seriously, dispute anything I've said. Freeman looks to be 10x the qb Sanchez is with a less talented team around him. The starters on that team include 7 rookies FFS. Sanchez has Holmes, Edwards, Keller, LT, Shonn Green, and a great power line infront of him. Yet he isn't nearly as good as Freeman.

Dispute anything I've said.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
12-07-2010, 11:32 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Am3aEOBtQk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Am3aEOBtQk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Count Alex's Losses
12-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Damn, Cassel's accuracy has improved.

Cave Johnson
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Damn, Cassel's accuracy has improved.

You just now figured that out?

As has Sanchez's. It's up to a whopping 54.9%

Count Alex's Losses
12-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I was referring to the video of him shooting down Donkeys with his big gun.

bowener
12-07-2010, 01:07 PM

Horrible I say!

Fuck Crabtree, imagine have Clay Mathews.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:09 PM
You're a ****ing clown. Dispute ANYTHING I said. You're just waiting for a drafturbator to post so you can piggy back them.

Seriously, dispute anything I've said. Freeman looks to be 10x the qb Sanchez is with a less talented team around him. The starters on that team include 7 rookies FFS. Sanchez has Holmes, Edwards, Keller, LT, Shonn Green, and a great power line infront of him. Yet he isn't nearly as good as Freeman.

Posted via Mobile Device

Dude don't even try. ROR has had his lips attached to Sanchez' ballsack for quite some time. He's not even aware of how bad that kid sucks.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Back on track, Peter King is giving us some love and namely Tamba......

Outside linebacker Tamba Hali, whose sack output has risen from 8.5 in a full season last year to 10 so far this year, attributes the sack gain to Joe Kim, a Taekwondo instructor retained by the Chiefs to work on martial-arts moves the defenders can do to keep offensive hands off them as they try to rush. That, plus speed. On Sunday, Hali beat one of the best left tackles in football, Ryan Clady, around the corner to strip-sack Kyle Orton and recover the ball.
"Joe's taught us a lot of techniques to beat any guy,'' Hali said. "Martial arts can be a valuable tool to get off blocks. I also think [coach] Todd Haley has done a great job changing the culture around here. There's a great togetherness here. We work out together all year. We push each other. There's a desire to be great here, and it's really helped us.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/07/mmqb-mailbag/index.html#ixzz17SGvEqzQ

stevieray
12-07-2010, 01:22 PM
'changing the culture around here'
'a great togetherness'
'a desire to be great'

there it is gentelemen, doesn't get any clearer than this. it's the backstory to every great team...it's why we're 8-4...it's why constant comparisons to other team's players we could've had and what could have been are a complete waste of time.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:23 PM
"changing the culture around here" " a great togetherness" "a desire to be great"

there it is gentelemen, doesn't get any clearer than this. it's the backstory to every great team...it's why we're 8-4...it's why constant comparisons to other team's players we could've had and what could have been are a complete waste of time.

Stop wait.

I was told by OnThePussPath58 and Mecca that Haley sucked, that players would never respond to him and that you couldn't treat players the way he does and EVER win them over.

So sayeth the Drafturbators.

Chief Henry
12-07-2010, 01:23 PM

Love the quotes by Hali in Kings take.

Bane
12-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Stop wait.

I was told by OnThePussPath58 and Mecca that Haley sucked, that players would never respond to him and that you couldn't treat players the way he does and EVER win them over.

LMAO:fire:

stevieray
12-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Stop wait.

Hali is gonna become a team leader, if not already. this is his third coach, he's got a good grasp of whehter things have changed.....

philfree
12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
'changing the culture around here'
'a great togethernes'
'a desire to be great'

Seems a lot of teams by pass this stage of building a team and just try to throw draft picks and FAs at their situation to fix it. Haley has stuck to building it from the bottom up and it seems to be working.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Seems a lot of teams by pass this stage of building a team and just try to throw draft picks and FAs at their situation to fix it. Haley has stuck to building it from the bottom up and it seems to be working.

No no no.

It's a process

and the right 53

all punchlines. Neither Haley nor Pioli know shit. I've been told this over and over again by smart MF'ers.

Dicky McElephant
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I'll remember your Barry Richardson sucks thread for the future then.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I'll remember your Barry Richardson sucks thread for the future then.

He did suck Sunday. Duh.

Dicky McElephant
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
He did suck Sunday. Duh.

So lets base everything off of one game.....right?

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM
So lets base everything off of one game.....right?

My thread was ABOUT that game. I don't know what you're getting at here. Richardson was beyond atrocious in that game, getting beat like a dirty rug and killing the offense. It doesn't mean he won't get better. His body of work so far has shown he has some skills, but I can't say for certain if he's the future at RT or not.

what's your point?

Dicky McElephant
12-07-2010, 02:04 PM
"Dude sucks" is a broad fucking statement.

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2010, 02:09 PM
"Dude sucks" is a broad fucking statement.True. But we've all said several times Matt Cassel sucks. Clearly we're wrong on the sucking part.

stevieray
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
True. But we've all said several times Matt Cassel sucks. Clearly we're wrong on the sucking part.
what do you mean we, kimosabi?

:p

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I dont know about OTWP, but I know Mecca said Hali sucked and would never be any good.

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
what do you mean we, kimosabi?

:p:) Broad term. 'We' meaning 'Cassel doubters'

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
"Dude sucks" is a broad ****ing statement.

Yeah it was about that game. Stfu about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2010, 05:26 PM
You're a fucking clown. Dispute ANYTHING I said. You're just waiting for a drafturbator to post so you can piggy back them.

Posted via Mobile Device

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! SANCHEZ HAS A GREAT TEAM.

Shut your fucking excuse-hole, bitch.

-King-
12-07-2010, 05:29 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! SANCHEZ HAS A GREAT TEAM.

Shut your fucking excuse-hole, bitch.

ROFL So Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, LT, Shonn Green, Terminator, T Rich and the best power line in the NFL isn't a great team?

You're a joke.

-King-
12-07-2010, 05:30 PM
True. But we've all said several times Matt Cassel sucks. Clearly we're wrong on the sucking part.

But we were right on the "dude" part right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
ROFL So Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, LT, Shonn Green, Terminator, T Rich and the best power line in the NFL isn't a great team?

You're a joke.

But if Cassel had that team, they'd be Super Bowl-bound, right?

Please, just stop. Stop, and STFU.

-King-
12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
But if Cassel had that team, they'd be Super Bowl-bound, right?

Please, just stop. Stop, and STFU.

Who knows. But Sanchez has no excuse to be playing this pathetically. He's a bottom 10 QB right now.

But you know all about him right? You know he's good right? What has he shown that makes you think he's a franchise QB? I'm interested to know your expert opinion.

Consistent1
12-07-2010, 05:48 PM

The martial arts part of that makes me think of Tippett. I remember there being a lot of talk of him being a martial arts expert, and he was obviously a pretty good pass rusher. I like to see guys who train hard, and look to improve their game, as much out of pride as for money.