PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why cant we stop Knowshon?

Deberg_1990
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Is our Run defense slipping...or was it just part of the gameplan? Focus more on the pass, and forget about the run?

He ran all over us both games......

BigMeatballDave
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Crisco

KCrockaholic
Same god damn play over and over....Denver found a flaw in our run defense.

petegz28
I think because with Denver being so pass oriented and sucking at the run we were pretty much not playing against the run and they caught us on it.

kepp
I think it has something to do with vaseline.
Posted via Mobile Device

cabletech94
we don't respect him.....duh!

LiL stumppy
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I think some of it was they dominated our secondary last game, so we were playing more of a deep coverage with less in the box, and less blitzing, more LB's dropping back..Could be wrong, just what it seemed like.

Count Alex's Losses
It's pretty clear the Chiefs refused to stack the box and give Denver a chance to make a big play down the field.

Romeo picked his poison in this game and we only gave up 6 points. I'm cool with it. It's the same strategy we used against Peyton Manning.

Bane
Activator?

LaChapelle
Making Orton look like Madmax's post game mouth today

BigMeatballDave
I didnt like it, but if thats what it took to shut their passing O down, I'm ok with it.

DRU
It's pretty clear the Chiefs refused to stack the box and give Denver a chance to make a big play down the field.

Romeo picked his poison in this game and we only gave up 6 points. I'm cool with it. It's the same strategy we used against Peyton Manning.

That's what I thought, too, until Haley said in the post-game conference that stopping the run was one of our keys today and we failed.

CupidStunt
12-05-2010, 03:40 PM
They didn't tackle well, but the gameplan was 100% to play off and stop the pass.

Result:

9/28 completions (less than 33% for the NFL's leader in passing yards)

<300 yards allowed

6 points allowed

Miles
12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Stopped their passing attack instead which has been their offense this season.

Reaper16
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Because we were in nickle much of the time, and mostly because the Denver O-Line completely dominated. Dorsey's two worst games of the season were both against Denver.

mnchiefsguy
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM

I think this is spot on. Romeo was not going to let Orton and the passing game beat us. We gave up more rushing yards, but kept them out of the endzone, so all is good.

KCtotheSB
12-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Guess we'll have to figure it out when we meet the Broncos in the playof....oh wait, they won't be there.

DRU
12-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I think this is spot on. Romeo was not going to let Orton and the passing game beat us. We gave up more rushing yards, but kept them out of the endzone, so all is good.

I agree with the latter part of this statement...we kept them out of the endzone so it's all good. Again, though, Haley specifically stated that stopping the run was one of the things they wanted to focus on today and they failed. That worries me a little bit.

BWillie
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Who cares, we won't have to play them again. McDaniels will probably be fired at the end of the year anyway.

LaChapelle
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM
If last game was garbage time stats for Matt(yes I said Matt not Cassel)
This game was garbage time stats for Moreno -poke smilie

PRIEST
12-05-2010, 03:48 PM

THIS

mnchiefsguy
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I agree with the latter part of this statement...we kept them out of the endzone so it's all good. Again, though, Haley specifically stated that stopping the run was one of the things they wanted to focus on today and they failed. That worries me a little bit.

I also think that we did not tackle as good in the running game as we have at points this season...Moreno broke several tackles. If they wrapped him up at first contact he would not have had much of anything today.

CupidStunt
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM

Shouldn't believe everything Haley says in a presser (which he clearly has no interest in being in). In fact, quite the opposite. As I said, they were not even remotely worried about Moreno running the ball. Oftentimes DJ was lined up 7 yards off the LOS and took a step back before adjusting forward on a run play.