PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Assuming Oakland beats San Diego, what does that do to our playoff odds?

chris
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Oakland ahead 21-3.

Almost half time.

Prior to this week, threads were saying we had to win the game against SD to even make the playoffs.

What are the divisional and playoff implications of a Oakland win??

Thanks

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
You'll have a much stronger chance of being the team that embarrasses the AFC West.

Bane
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
You'll have a much stronger chance of being the team that embarrasses the AFC West.

I think the Dungver Piles Of Shit have that covered....WELL...

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Don't fucking jinx it.

BCD
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
You'll have a much stronger chance of being the team that embarrasses the AFC West.Sour grapes!:thumb:

Kraus
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Bitter Bronco?

Rudy lost the toss
12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Neg rep

Bane

Stay classy,and STAY DOWN BITCH.

ClevelandBronco
:thumb:

SNR
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
It makes next week's San Diego game not so crucial. I hope we win it anyway.

But let's say we lose next week. What happens is essentially the Raiders and Chargers switch places and we can't afford to have any more gaffs, including that Raider game at Arrowhead in January.

And that game kinda scares me, actually. The Raiders are looking tough, and if this is how they come out and play all their road division games.... fuck. We're in a rough spot.

Pawnmower
I believe they go up to over 90% if I am not mistaken

edit (I am mistaken)...Its not 90%

Spott
If Oakland wins, we would also have the tiebreaker on SD in the division should they beat us next week and we win the home finale against the Raiders.

SNR
12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
If Oakland wins, we would also have the tiebreaker on them in the division should SD beat us next week and win the home finale against the Raiders.If that happens we won't need the tiebreaker.

Only one win would be needed from Tennessee/@STL to clinch the division.

|Zach|
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM

But let's say we lose next week. What happens is essentially the Raiders and Chargers switch places and we can't afford to have any more gaffs, including that Raider game at Arrowhead in January.

And that game kinda scares me, actually. The Raiders are looking tough, and if this is how they come out and play all their road division games.... ****. We're in a rough spot.

So...

You throwing in the towel for us against the Chargers doesn't seem to be working out so now you are moving on to the Raiders?

BCD
12-05-2010, 03:24 PM
It means if we can win in SD next week, the Dolts would be done.

Also, losing in SD next week would not be so terrible.

KCrockaholic
IDK. Wheres the playoff odds guy at?

Pawnmower
So...

You throwing in the towel for us against the Chargers doesn't seem to be working out so now you are moving on to the Raiders?

Yes, he has a huge, beefy vagina.

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM

And that game kinda scares me, actually. The Raiders are looking tough, and if this is how they come out and play all their road division games.... ****. We're in a rough spot.

Were in a rough spot? We were in a rough spot when we were 4-12. Being 8-4 and having a potent 2 game division lead heading into Week 14 is a dream spot.

The Raiders go on the road to Jacksonville, who suddenly are playing lights out and still have the Colts left.

The Raiders can be a tough team, but are as inconsistent as there is and I have no faith that they can sustain anything.

The Raiders beating the Chargers today would be a huge early Xmas gift.

SNR
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
So...

You throwing in the towel for us against the Chargers doesn't seem to be working out so now you are moving on to the Raiders?I've never once had a problem with you on this board, and I don't want to start now. But geez, you really do get defensive, don't you.

I didn't say that, did I? I'm going through the possibilities. Next week's game IS going to be tough. If we aren't prepared, that Oakland game explodes in terms of importance for us, when it never should have been that way in the first place.

I'm glad we won. Go Chiefs.

mlyonsd
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Great time to start a thread.

SNR
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Were in a rough spot? We were in a rough spot when we were 4-12. Being 8-4 and having a potent 2 game division lead heading into Week 14 is a dream spot.

The Raiders go on the road to Jacksonville, who suddenly are playing lights out and still have the Colts left.

The Raiders can be a tough team, but are as inconsistent as there is and I have no faith that they can sustain anything.

The Raiders beating the Chargers today would be a huge early Xmas gift.I meant we'd be in a rough spot if the division comes down to that game at Arrowhead. Totally winnable and if we're playoff material we should be able to take care of business. But I'd rather it not come down to that.

grandllama
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
It means if we can win in SD next week, the Dolts would be done.

Also, losing in SD next week would not be so terrible.

This. We can go in loose and play football. Win or lose, we can just play the game.

Sandy Vagina will be playing for their lives.

And I expect we'll see crybaby Rivers in full force.

|Zach|
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I've never once had a problem with you on this board, and I don't want to start now. But geez, you really do get defensive, don't you.

I didn't say that, did I? I'm going through the possibilities. Next week's game IS going to be tough. If we aren't prepared, that Oakland game explodes in terms of importance for us, when it never should have been that way in the first place.

I'm glad we won. Go Chiefs.

I don't have a problem with you. Been a huge fan of your posts as long as I can remember. It isn't personal.

It is just funny. You were one of the guys leading the SD charge. Even though we are in the drivers seat SD was being put on a pedestal.

That's not going to happen. We're the only realistic shot at San Diego dropping a game. They're not going to lose to Denver, Cincinnati, or any of the other teams on the rest of their schedule.

San Diego is an elite team with their backs to the wall. They gotta win all their games to get into the playoffs, but they will. Because they always do it.

I laughed then at you basically conceding the division to SD. But now we are in a tough spot because of the Raiders.

CupidStunt
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
If Oakland wins, we would also have the tiebreaker on SD in the division should they beat us next week and we win the home finale against the Raiders.

Not true. Using your assumptions:

1st tiebreaker is head-to-head (1-1)
2nd tiebreaker is division record (3-3 each if we also assume SD beats Denver again)
3rd tiebreaker is common opponents - there's a LOT of games still to be played to determine that

cdcox
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
We would control our own destiny even with another loss in any of the 4 remaining games.

We'd have about a 60% chance of winning the division.

chris
12-05-2010, 03:44 PM
We would control our own destiny even with another loss in any of the 4 remaining games.

We'd have about a 60% chance of winning the division.

Cool!

Thanks

Bane
12-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Basically if we win 1 more game than SD does,then we win the AFCW.LMAO

phillip
12-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I meant we'd be in a rough spot if the division comes down to that game at Arrowhead. Totally winnable and if we're playoff material we should be able to take care of business. But I'd rather it not come down to that.

I'd FAR rather it come down to that than come down to the away game at SD next week. You're talking crazy.

AndChiefs
12-05-2010, 03:52 PM
It improves them.

SDChiefs
12-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I want the fade to win because of how much it helps out the chiefs but... I can't bring myself to root for for them. Everytime they make a good play, I die a little more inside.

DeezNutz
12-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Chargers aren't going 4-0 after this week.

SNR
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't have a problem with you. Been a huge fan of your posts as long as I can remember. It isn't personal.

It is just funny. You were one of the guys leading the SD charge. Even though we are in the drivers seat SD was being put on a pedestal.

I laughed then at you basically conceding the division to SD. But now we are in a tough spot because of the Raiders.I didn't expect the Raiders to (apparently) pull a win off. They're doing a damn good job right now and I hope they do make it happen. I just hope the sloppy play we saw on the field today against a bad Donks team isn't indicative of what we'll see in that Oakland game coming up.

Douche Baggins
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
There is no fucking way we lose to a QB-less Raiders team at Arrowhead with the playoffs on the line.

No fucking way.

Only Rich Gannon is allowed to tear our hearts out in that situation.

All other pussies get annihilated.

Sully
12-05-2010, 04:13 PM
There is no fucking way we lose to a QB-less Raiders team at Arrowhead with the playoffs on the line.

No fucking way.

Only Jason Baker and Joe Nedney is allowed to tear our hearts out in that situation.

All other pussies get annihilated.

FYP

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Chargers aren't going 4-0 after this week.

They will lose in Cinci. That's going to be cold and against a team that has some talent.

If Oakland holds on, the Chargers chances are basically fucked regardless of what some computer says.