PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Post-loss fallout from the Chargers board!

Count Alex's Wins
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Hahahahaha.

I've never seen a team get called for having 12 men on the field TWO PLAYS IN A ROW....ever.

Norv gave the fans of SD a big pile of uninspired, unmotivated **** today.

Its weird Norv usually waits till the playoffs to give the fans a game like that.

It wasn't drastically different at the onset. Norv is not cutting it, no matter all the reasons. He doesn't even know what's going on some of the time. That was painfully apparent today.

Two of the four seasons Turner has been coach, the Chargers have been a .500 team. Last year's regular season record was an aberration because Rivers was playing over his head and the division was weak.

The Chargers will never win a superbowl with Norv Turner as coach and Rivera as DC. Never.

And the way things are going, the Chargers might never win the division again either.

The definition of insanity is doing the same idiotic things over and over and expecting different results. Norv Turner is insane and needs to be taken away by the men in white coats.

Enough already.

Way to to Bolts......only this team can be #1 on O and #1 on D an turn in a total collapse like today.

Our biggest needs?

1. Owner
2. Head Coach
3. Defensive Coordinator
4. Offensive Coordinator

Maybe a few new players too.

on the bright side, we improved our draft position with this Raiders loss. I'm ready now to talk about next year and the draft since we are out of the playoffs barring a miracle.

If those blackholes can out punched us in the mouth for over 38 minutes, ran for over 250 yards, we may have another melt down against the top rated running and well disciplined team next week. :beat:

And now...DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR SET IN!

The Chiefs will lose their next 2 games.

The Raiders will lose next week to the Jags.

The Chargers will win out.

That makes Oakland at KC week 17 a game of monumental proportion.

The Chiefs will lose at least 2 more games and the Raiders will lose at least one more.

I can't wait for the playoff threads after next week's game. I just can just see it now:

"All we need to do is win out, have the Raiders lose their last two games and have the entire Chiefs organization get swallowed in a freak earthquake."

Buck
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I dont recognize any of these names. Must be a different board.

I went on a rant on the Chargers board I post on, but not about the game...about the parking situation.

Bane
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Basically,STAY DOWN BITCHES.

ROYC75
12-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck F. View Post

The Raiders will lose next week to the Jags.

The Chargers will win out.

That makes Oakland at KC week 17 a game of monumental proportion.

This guy could be close, it's still possible we lose to SD & StL....... just saying.

bigpimpingchief
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I love this quote:

"If those blackholes can out punched us in the mouth for over 38 minutes, ran for over 250 yards, we may have another melt down against the top rated running and well disciplined team next week"

I can't wait until we see them and JC and TC just ran rampant on that D if the Faiders did 250. Get Mccluster a few end arounds without freaking holding penalties and they will be in the fetal position by half time

Kraus
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
This guy could be close, it's still possible we lose to SD & StL....... just saying.

I just can't see us losing to StL. I get to see them almost every week in Springfield, MO and they are not that good. Plus I expect at least 40% of the crowd to be Chiefs fans at that game.

Bob Dole
12-05-2010, 08:51 PM

I went on a rant on the Chargers board I post on, but not about the game...about the parking situation.

Priorities.

ROYC75
12-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I just can't see us losing to StL. I get to see them almost every week in Springfield, MO and they are not that good. Plus I expect at least 40% of the crowd to be Chiefs fans at that game.

I don't either, but we do play down or up to our competition, so it's possible, plus Oakland looks as if they want to sweep the AFCWest.:doh!:

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 08:54 PM

The Rams are different at home. Take away Bradford's pick at the 2 on a shovel pass and make it a TD it's a 3 point game vs the Falcons.

Old Dog
12-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Take away Bradford's pick at the 2 on a shovel pass and make it a TD it's a 3 point game vs the Falcons.

Take away that Booth guy and Mrs Lincoln would have really enjoyed the play.

luv
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Someone actually uses a KimPossible handle? How old are these kids?

DBOSHO
12-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Take away that Booth guy and Mrs Lincoln would have really enjoyed the play.

LMFAO

DBOSHO
12-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I cant see us losing to stl either. Bradford is playing amazing for a rookie, but unless steven jackson goes off, i think we win comfortably.

T-post Tom
12-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I hear James Cameron has a new film coming out for the holidays: it's called Avadouche.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8reqgtqMu1qdbhiqo1_400.jpg

threebag02
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Buck good job on the toast today.

DJJasonp
12-05-2010, 09:58 PM
This is all a moot point with the charger fans anyway.....the L.A. AEG group is putting together the money to bring them (and possibly a second team) to Los Angeles.

On a different note....for those that got to watch the Bolts/Raiders game....on those camera shots of the fans at the stadium....

I'm pretty confident there has never been a greater collection of dirtbags in one stadium....at one time....ever!

bigpimpingchief
12-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I hear James Cameron has a new film coming out for the holidays: it's called Avadouche.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8reqgtqMu1qdbhiqo1_400.jpg

ROFL:LOL:

CoMoChief
12-05-2010, 10:08 PM

STL can't stop the run

KCFTW
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM

LOL!

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM
STL can't stop the run

The Rams have a top 10 run defense.

CoMoChief
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM

They will not stop our running game. Their LB's are dogshit.

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 10:18 PM

You can continue saying it as much as you want, but you're wrong. Ringleader proved that in another thread.

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 10:19 PM
You can continue saying it as much as you want, but you're wrong. Ringleader proved that in another thread.

It was 9 last week. I'll check the updated rankings, but going into today I thought it was 9th.

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 10:20 PM
The Rams are an ascending team with a great young QB. However, their RB is always hurt, they have a bunch of fringe receivers who are making plays out of their ass, and their defense doesn't scare me.

Getting Jamaal Charles and McCluster on turf likely will be a nightmare for St. Louis.

Frazod
12-05-2010, 10:21 PM

If we played in the NFC West, we'd have the No. 1 everything. LMAO

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 10:23 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

It says the Rams are 11th in terms of rushing yards against. And they should be back in the top 10 assuming those stats don't count the Ravens game and they counted the Rams game.

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 10:24 PM
The Rams are an ascending team with a great young QB. However, their RB is always hurt, they have a bunch of fringe receivers who are making plays out of their ass, and their defense doesn't scare me.

Getting Jamaal Charles and McCluster on turf likely will be a nightmare for St. Louis.

SJ maybe be hurt, but he hasn't missed a game this season. I'm worried about McCluster/Charles/Jones and having the Rams secondary vs Bowe.

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 10:25 PM

It says the Rams are 11th in terms of rushing yards against. And they should be back in the top 10 assuming those stats don't count the Ravens game and they counted the Rams game.

Wrong.

NFL.com has them as 14th. They are 29th in rushing attempts defensively, and you give up 4.5 a clip, which is tied for 7th worst in the NFL.

The Rams can be run on. Playing against the Seahawks non-existent run defense and the Cardinals will certainly boost your rankings.

Psyko Tek

well, we know what is important to chargers fans

Rams Fan
According to ESPN's stats, the Rams and Chiefs both have the 17th best defense in the league. Same amount of yards allowed.

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Wrong.

NFL.com has them as 14th. They are 29th in rushing attempts defensively, and you give up 4.5 a clip, which is tied for 7th worst in the NFL.

The Rams can be run on. Playing against the Seahawks non-existent run defense and the Cardinals will certainly boost your rankings.

I'd rather have you guys run it up our guts than passing it. The Rams have a bad secondary. And TEs always give the Rams troubles.

Buck
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
well, we know what is important to chargers fans

I know that it might sound absurd, but the parking situation I went through today was enough for me to decide to not renew my season tickets.

I am done with a team that caters to criminal Raider fans over its 10+ year Season Ticket Holders.

BIG_DADDY
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I know that it might sound absurd, but the parking situation I went through today was enough for me to decide to not renew my season tickets.

I am done with a team that caters to criminal Raider fans over its 10+ year Season Ticket Holders.

Awesome, can we get you some BBQ and a Hali jersey?

RINGLEADER
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM

You're 14th in rushing defense based on rushing yards and you're 25th in rushing defense based on yards per carry allowed.

Go check out www.nfl.com. They have all the updated stats after today.

And again, FTR, even though I think KC matches up well with the Rams they are a good team with a young QB playing at a very high level. You're going in the right direction. No smack from me on what you guys are putting together.

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
You're 14th in rushing defense based on rushing yards and you're 25th in rushing defense based on yards per carry allowed.

Go check out www.nfl.com. They have all the updated stats after today.

And again, FTR, even though I think KC matches up well with the Rams they are a good team with a young QB playing at a very high level. You're going in the right direction. No smack from me on what you guys are putting together.

Thank you. 6 wins this season total the wins from the past 3 combined. If they can go 8-8 somehow and make the playoffs, I'll be excited.

2bikemike
12-05-2010, 11:09 PM

Why don't you just take the Trolley? Oh thats right your a Charger fan just another reason to not attend the game. :shake:

As far as the Raider fans go are the Chargers still insisting if your buying single game tickets to the Raider game you have to buy an equal number of tickets to another game?

CrazyPhuD
12-05-2010, 11:22 PM
The Rams are different at home. Take away Bradford's pick at the 2 on a shovel pass and make it a TD it's a 3 point game vs the Falcons.

See that's the problem, I see this as a 9th home game for the chiefs...I just don't believe there actually are rams fans anywhere. I fully expect the stadium to be packed with chiefs fans and the chiefs fans are louder than the rams fans. That's just the way it always is. Besides when push comes to shove we all know you're really chiefs fans at heart. I mean that IS why you're here rather than the rams boards!:thumb:

TinyEvel
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Seriously, there must have been a 50/50 fan split in the stands, based on the sound of the cheering

Buck
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Why don't you just take the Trolley? Oh thats right your a Charger fan just another reason to not attend the game. :shake:

As far as the Raider fans go are the Chargers still insisting if your buying single game tickets to the Raider game you have to buy an equal number of tickets to another game?

Seriously?

Everyone says this.

I want to fucking go and tailgate with my friends. End of discussion.

I will just quit buying season tickets and split Sunday Ticket for a fraction of the cost.

Rams Fan
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Buck, how bad is the condition of Qualcomn? Do you like it? What's bad about it?

2bikemike
12-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Seriously?

Everyone says this.

I want to ****ing go and tailgate with my friends. End of discussion.

I will just quit buying season tickets and split Sunday Ticket for a fraction of the cost.

Then quit bitching about traffic. You won't have to worry about it for long they will probably end up in LA soon anyway.

morphius
12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Seriously?

Everyone says this.

I want to fucking go and tailgate with my friends. End of discussion.

The reason you will buy season tickets again is the simple fact that you know that next season you will be facing blackouts, especially if you don't make it to the playoff's, and it will be the only way you will be able to watch them.

Fruit Ninja
12-06-2010, 12:17 AM

You take the football games way to fucking serious. Lighten the fuck up! lol

Buck
12-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Then quit bitching about traffic. You won't have to worry about it for long they will probably end up in LA soon anyway.

You don't even know what you are talking about.

The reason you will buy season tickets again is the simple fact that you know that next season you will be facing blackouts, especially if you don't make it to the playoff's, and it will be the only way you will be able to watch them.

I will not buy season tickets and I will order DirecTV through a Florida address and have the boxes shipped here so I can watch Chargers games regardless of Blackout

You take the football games way to fucking serious. Lighten the fuck up! lol

Dude seriously, I cant even explain to you how bad today was, before the game even started.

Aries Walker
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm a die-hard Chiefs fan and I have to say that I hope the Chargers stay in San Diego. LA can get their own damn team. More than any other AFC West opponent, I see the Chargers as more of a dignified opponent than the Broncos, who are still tainted by the ghost of Johnny Horse-Teeth, and the accursed, bestial Raiders, whose deathless zombie overlord is still propped up in the corner, barking raspy commands to his simpering minions and seeking to line his own pockets at the expense of the game we all love, as he always has. Sure, San Diego has a goofy hillbilly quarterback, released possibly the greatest running back of this decade, and were foolish enough to hire Norv "I'll Bring You to the Precipice of Greatness then Choke Like a Dog" Turner, but that doesn't make them an Evil Empire.

Of course, I still hope they all get food poisoning next Sunday, maybe with some violent stomach cramps and explosive diarrhea, but that just goes without saying.

thurman merman
12-06-2010, 12:41 AM

I agree. The Chiefs will destroy the Rams.

Crush
12-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Who will replace Norv after this season?

Guru
12-06-2010, 01:46 AM
I agree. The Chiefs will destroy the Rams.I wish people would stop saying stuff like this. Lets just beat San Diego right now.

And by the way, St. Louis is not going to be a pushover.

Short Leash Hootie
12-06-2010, 03:20 AM
hey Rams Fan...

I'll tell you two things...

1) We don't give a shit about the Rams

and

2) We aren't going to lose to that shit team, either.

|Zach|
12-06-2010, 05:10 AM
hey Rams Fan...

and

LMAO

Old Dog
12-06-2010, 07:53 AM
hey Rams Fan...

and

don't hold back Hootie, tell him what you really feel

Messier
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't either, but we do play down or up to our competition, so it's possible, plus Oakland looks as if they want to sweep the AFCWest.:doh!:

I don't think the Chiefs play down to their competition. They seem to beat the teams they should pretty handily.

L.A. Chieffan
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
charger fans can be just as low class and undignified as raiderfans. sheet, half of their fan base is ex-raiderfans that converted when they left LA and the other half think LT is still on the team. and theres buck too

Sofa King
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a die-hard Chiefs fan and I have to say that I hope the Chargers stay in San Diego. LA can get their own damn team. More than any other AFC West opponent, I see the Chargers as more of a dignified opponent than the Broncos, who are still tainted by the ghost of Johnny Horse-Teeth, and the accursed, bestial Raiders, whose deathless zombie overlord is still propped up in the corner, barking raspy commands to his simpering minions and seeking to line his own pockets at the expense of the game we all love, as he always has. Sure, San Diego has a goofy hillbilly quarterback, released possibly the greatest running back of this decade, and were foolish enough to hire Norv "I'll Bring You to the Precipice of Greatness then Choke Like a Dog" Turner, but that doesn't make them an Evil Empire.

Of course, I still hope they all get food poisoning next Sunday, maybe with some violent stomach cramps and explosive diarrhea, but that just goes without saying.

It's the raiders going to LA.............

allen_kcCard
12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Watchout....this is trap-game smack talk. We need to focus our smack on the chargers fans (wait....not plural...chargers fan) and turn focus on the rams after that.

Pestilence
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Dude seriously, I cant even explain to you how bad today was, before the game even started.

Try. I want to hear what got you so pissed off about it.

Buck
12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Try. I want to hear what got you so pissed off about it.

Alright.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2001. I was 14 years old back then. I didn't have a job and the only way I could make money was by digging ditches for my Dad. Digging ditches fucking sucks, if you didn't know, especially for a 14 year old.

Anyhow I did that for the first couple of years to get my season tickets until I got a minimum wage job at Savon and I spent about 12 weeks worth of paychecks on the season tickets.

I've been going to the games at the exact same time for the past 10 years....well sort of. In 2007 (???? not sure), I believe, the NFL came up with a rule about gates not opening until 4 hours before game time. In San Diego the gates used to open around 8 am and I'd get there around 8:30. Now the gates open at 9 and I get there around 9:15. Every single time, it never changes.

Well yesterday was the same. Got to the game around 9:15 am.

Now this next part may confuse you, since you don't know the streets around the stadium..... (continued in next post).

Dartgod
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't think the Chiefs play down to their competition. They seem to beat the teams they should pretty handily.
You must not have watched the game yesterday.

Buck
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I got in line for the Mission Rd entrance at around 9:15 am. I waited OVER 45 minutes, just to get to the gate. When I finally got to the gate, they said that they were having a problem with their cash machine or something and I needed to wait 5 minutes. Then, 2 minutes later, they told me that I had to go to the Main Gate to enter....so I continued down Mission Rd and waited another 20-30 minutes for that.

By the time I got to that gate, they wouldn't let me turn left into the Main Gate and directed me up that big ass hill (dont know what its called). Got to the top of the hill and finally found a spot to make a u-turn. Waited in that traffic line for a good 20 minutes or so. When I got to the light they said this is Permit Parking only and I enter there with Cash. So then they sent me west onto Friars, where I had to put hundreds of people into danger by merging to the left as fast as I could to get into the left lanes to enter there. Of course Drivers wouldn't let me in so I waited there for about 5 minutes and finally got in. Then there was about a 10 minute wait to pay for the parking and I was finally in, on the opposite side of the stadium, some 2 hours later.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I agree. The Chiefs will destroy the Rams.

2nd road game in a row is always difficult, even if it's a short trip.

ReynardMuldrake
12-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Scanning some of the headlines from San Diego:

Chargers run over by Raiders
Chargers' offense runs out of miracles
NOTEBOOK: Mathews watches again
Good teams don't get manhandled by the Raiders
Chargers get ball 'run down our throat'
Chargers beaten by Raiders run, but also on a few pass plays
Scene and Heard: Finding the good in Raider Nation
Chargers report card: vs. Oakland Raiders

ROFL

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/sports/chargers/

TrebMaxx
12-06-2010, 11:13 AM
I got in line for the Mission Rd entrance at around 9:15 am. I waited OVER 45 minutes, just to get to the gate. When I finally got to the gate, they said that they were having a problem with their cash machine or something and I needed to wait 5 minutes. Then, 2 minutes later, they told me that I had to go to the Main Gate to enter....so I continued down Mission Rd and waited another 20-30 minutes for that.

By the time I got to that gate, they wouldn't let me turn left into the Main Gate and directed me up that big ass hill (dont know what its called). Got to the top of the hill and finally found a spot to make a u-turn. Waited in that traffic line for a good 20 minutes or so. When I got to the light they said this is Permit Parking only and I enter there with Cash. So then they sent me west onto Friars, where I had to put hundreds of people into danger by merging to the left as fast as I could to get into the left lanes to enter there. Of course Drivers wouldn't let me in so I waited there for about 5 minutes and finally got in. Then there was about a 10 minute wait to pay for the parking and I was finally in, on the opposite side of the stadium, some 2 hours later.

Damn, sounds like Norv took over the parking duties.ROFL

rtmike
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Hahahahaha.

And now...DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR SET IN!

Meh, that's all said here when we WIN. LMAO

Count Alex's Wins
12-26-2010, 11:29 PM
http://www.jcrosby.net/NorvalCountdown.gif

WebGem
12-26-2010, 11:35 PM
I've been a season ticket holder since 2001. I was 14 years old back then.

I'm never right. I pictured you as like a 42 year old. Definitely didn't think you were younger than me.

Just Passin' By
12-26-2010, 11:38 PM
John Clayton was just on the radio, and he thinks that Spanos will keep both Smith and Turner.

Buck
12-26-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm never right. I pictured you as like a 42 year old. Definitely didn't think you were younger than me.

I'll be 25 in a few weeks.

I'm one of the younger CPers, but I fucking love you guys.

cdcox
12-26-2010, 11:40 PM
John Clayton was just on the radio, and he thinks that Spanos will keep both Smith and Turner.

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

Buck
12-26-2010, 11:42 PM

brb alcohol

Hog Farmer
12-26-2010, 11:43 PM
http://www.jcrosby.net/NorvalCountdown.gif

They just need to get rid of Norv and hire Josh McDaniels.

Guru
12-26-2010, 11:44 PM
God is a Chiefs fan.

cdcox
12-26-2010, 11:46 PM
They just need to get rid of Norv and hire Josh McDaniels.

See, Buck it could be worse.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 11:51 PM
God is a Chiefs fan.

LMAO

WebGem
12-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I'll be 25 in a few weeks.

I'm one of the younger CPers, but I fucking love you guys.

I turned 25 in every Chargers fans favorite month: September!!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
12-27-2010, 12:11 AM
I think AJ Smith is a hell of a good FO guy. If he got the ax, I'd love Pioli to bring him in.

Phobia
12-27-2010, 12:14 AM
God is a Chiefs fan.

Uh - no he's not.

teedubya
12-27-2010, 12:16 AM
If God is a Chiefs fan... he sure has a funny sense of humor.

Count Alex's Wins
12-27-2010, 12:16 AM
If God is a Chiefs fan, we are all Job.

Buck
12-27-2010, 12:19 AM
God doesn't give two shits about football.

Count Alex's Wins
12-27-2010, 12:23 AM
God doesn't give two shits about football.

Just one shit, and he dumped that holy pile all over the city of San Diego.

Guru
12-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Geez guys. I was going for humor there. Now everyone takes me literally?

Chiefshrink
12-27-2010, 12:25 AM
I think AJ Smith is a hell of a good FO guy. If he got the ax, I'd love Pioli to bring him in.

I agree with AJ's talent part but his ego would not allow him to have billing below Pioli.

I never did understand AJ's hiring of Norv who I have said since Norv's days as HC in Wash(fail) Oakland stint(fail) that he is "peter principled" at the OC position; other than being able to manipulate Norv anyway he likes unlike "Marty" who would not be manipulated thus Marty is fired which I feel the Chargers have never recovered from that firing and have been playing below expectations ever since. Seriously you fire a coach who takes you 14-2???

That's where AJ failed IMO on top of hiring Turner.

Phobia
12-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Geez guys. I was going for humor there. Now everyone takes me literally?

When I think of top ten comedians on ChiefsPlanet I also think of bottom ten comedians and you are on one of those lists.

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 07:27 PM

Follow up: Spanos has now said it himself. Some of his reasoning:

“I like A.J., even though he’s a bit goofy,” Spanos says. “I trust him. He’ll tell you he’s made mistakes. Who hasn’t? But he takes chances. Sometimes you lose the bet, but if you’re going to win a world championship, you’ve got to take chances. I learned that from my father in our business. A.J.’s committed 100 percent to this organization.

“Norv took over a good team and I think he’s done a good job under some trying circumstances. I hate to make excuses, but I don’t (care). It’s hard to win without players. Last year we lost six players in our opener at Oakland and Norv won 13 games. This year, I’ve never seen anything like it. I know injuries are a (bleep) excuse, but we started 2-5 and could have caved and we didn’t.

“These players respect Norv Turner. I think they have great admiration for him.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/dec/27/spanos-no-changes-top-chargers/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sure-Oz
12-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Bolts owner confirms Norv Turner will return

Owner Dean Spanos confirmed Monday night that Norv Turner will return as the Chargers' head coach in 2011.
GM A.J. Smith will also be back. "We have a good core, and I donít care what anybody says," said Spanos. "Iím not afraid to make changes. If I thought it was warranted, I would do it. We have a good foundation here." Turner engineered two playoff wins in 2007, one in 2008, none in 2009, and missed the postseason in 2010. He is 40-23 in the regular season. The Chargers have a litany of key pending free agents for a second straight offseason, so Turner can expect some roster overhaul. Defensive coordinator Ron Rivera also seems certain to be a hot head-coaching candidate. Dec. 27 - 7:35 pm et
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

mlyonsd
12-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Bolts owner confirms Norv Turner will return

Owner Dean Spanos confirmed Monday night that Norv Turner will return as the Chargers' head coach in 2011.
GM A.J. Smith will also be back. "We have a good core, and I donít care what anybody says," said Spanos. "Iím not afraid to make changes. If I thought it was warranted, I would do it. We have a good foundation here." Turner engineered two playoff wins in 2007, one in 2008, none in 2009, and missed the postseason in 2010. He is 40-23 in the regular season. The Chargers have a litany of key pending free agents for a second straight offseason, so Turner can expect some roster overhaul. Defensive coordinator Ron Rivera also seems certain to be a hot head-coaching candidate. Dec. 27 - 7:35 pm et
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Mind boggling considering they fired Marty after a 14-2 season.

dirk digler
12-27-2010, 07:38 PM

No kidding but that is good news for us.

I also find it funny Spanos talking about what it takes to win a championship like he would have first hand knowledge of it.

T-post Tom
12-27-2010, 07:38 PM

That's because Marty's a top and not a bottom.

sd4chiefs
12-27-2010, 08:23 PM

A.J. hated Marty because he would not kiss his ass.