PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Champ Bailey...

jspchief
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
is not THAT good.

No excuse for not getting Bowe involved in the game. I have no idea where the blame lays. Coaching cowardice, telling Cassel not to go there? QB cowardice, afraid to even take the chance? Just awareness that Cassel isn't capable of making throws when the guy isn't open by 10 yards?

Getting Bowe involved completely changes what this offense is. He's like Cassel's spinach, and by the 4th qtr you could see our Popeye-muscled QB of the last 3 games start to wilt back into Mark Castle.

HotRoute
12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
This isn't exactly true bowe had a couple catches today brought back due to penalties and challenges. Bailey is a good corner don't be fooled, but bowe can make him look like shit when given the chance.

Bane
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Who?

The Bad Guy
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
See, I disagree. Bailey is a great player who made it a point to shut Bowe down. Now Bowe had a bogus PI call, but I think Bailey was that good today.

zonachief
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
cassel made some good throws and played well. Not as well as the last three weeks but he did well. Champ was on Bowe like white on rice.

In retrospect this thread should have been named "Champ Bailey"

And you should have only said

"hes good"

Brainiac
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
See, I disagree. Bailey is a great player who made it a point to shut Bowe down. Now Bowe had a bogus PI call, but I think Bailey was that good today.
Was it bogus?

I was at the stadium and I never saw a replay, but it really did look like Bowe pushed off to me.

KCBOSS1
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM

I agree with this 100%. This guy is the best corner that I've ever seen.

Chiefspants
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Eddie Kennison used to burn Bailey about twice a year.

Dayze
12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree with this 100%. This guy is the best corner that I've ever seen.

you don't know what you're talking about / Warfield

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Today is perfect evidence why we should look for a WR early in next year's draft.

ThaVirus
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
That's a horrendously terrible, flabbergasting idea. This isn't Jamaal Charles we're talking to. If you feed him the ball enough he's probably gonna break one for a big gain; you start forcing the ball to a WR and you're gonna be throwing INTs. They put Champ on Bowe all day today, where Bowe went-he went. They made it a point to make him a non-factor and they did just that by putting one of the best CBs ever on him in man coverage. We'd all like Bowe to have a shot at breaking the record but we have plenty of offensive weapons to where we don't have to force it to one guy (unless that guy is Jamaal Charles- he needs more carries)...

KCBOSS1
12-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I was actually sitting and thinking..... Just let Bowe and Bailey run up and down the field all day. Pound the running game and throw away from him.

Chiefshrink
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Brandon & Champ both had "shutdown play" today. Nuff said:thumb:

luv
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
He might have been a factor if everything he did hadn't been called back due to review or mysterious penalties.

Chiefshrink
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
BTW the Broncs are not signing Bailey next yr and as you can see he can still play. What a mentor he could be to Flowers and Carr, uh?

Chiefshrink
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
And Bailey is a Pioli type "Right 53" type of Vet to bring in as well. Great character guy!!

milkman
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
The fact is, Bowe is improving as a route runner, but he still isn't nearly as disciplined as he needs to be, which makes Champ Bailey a bad matchup for him.

KCBOSS1
12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Didn't you think that Bowe looked completely deflated coming off of the line toward the end of the game?

Count Zarth
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
The fact is, Bowe is improving as a route runner, but he still isn't nearly as disciplined as he needs to be, which makes Champ Bailey a bad matchup for him.

Bowe hasn't done shit against Denver since Gonzalez left, other than garbage time in Denver this year.

Bailey used to cover Gonzalez quite a bit.

Count Zarth
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
BTW the Broncs are not signing Bailey next yr and as you can see he can still play. What a mentor he could be to Flowers and Carr, uh?

Too expensive.

TheGuardian
12-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Bailey's Achilles heel is still deep routes where he is NOT good, and we never went at him deep for some season. He's always had trouble covering deep routes. He does not have great top end speed. On the short and intermediate routes he's still a solid corner. However the best corner on the field today was Brandon Carr. He played some kind of all universe game.

DaFace
12-05-2010, 08:22 PM
To some extent, I think that Bailey's reputation was more of a factor than Bailey's play in and of itself. They even said in the pregame that Cassel had said he'd rather not throw Bailey's direction. Couple that kind of statement with our ultra-conservative (don't get it intercepted) philosophy, and it makes sense that we didn't target Bowe much today.

Chiefshrink
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Too expensive.

Yes, if your team is in neutral or going south but our Chiefs are on the rise and good vets are always more negotiable(flexible) if the team that is interested in them has a good chance of winning a SB in the near future:thumb:

InChiefsHell
12-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Champ Bailey is the only Donk that I have any respect for at all. The dude still has game and he pretty much shut down Bowe all day. He's a friggin' probable hall of famer...Bowe is not. Hence what we saw today.

KCBOSS1
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
All of the pro bowl receivers say that he is the best, hands down. They say he has un-predictable techniques. Just a rediculously smart and still fast corner

the Talking Can
12-05-2010, 08:34 PM
we really need speed at the WR position....we need someone that can tear ass down the field just to throw a scare into the secondary...

Denver's d really didn't have to worry about anyone getting behind them because it became clear we weren't going deep

with our run game we should be hitting a home run or two a game...or at least trying

T-post Tom
12-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Cassel and Bowe were out of synch. The OC should have done more to get them some early success. (Quick slants, WR screens, etc.) Both players do better when they get an early rhythm.

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2010, 08:41 PM
we really need speed at the WR position....we need someone that can tear ass down the field just to throw a scare into the secondary...

Denver's d really didn't have to worry about anyone getting behind them because it became clear we weren't going deep

with our run game we should be hitting a home run or two a game...or at least trying

AJ Green would be a dream, but he'll be gone by the time we pick.

the Talking Can
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
AJ Green would be a dream, but he'll be gone by the time we pick.

hell yeah...but he's a legit #1, i think

we can find a burner in the 3rd or 4th though...seems like one or two show up every year

Micjones
12-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Champ Bailey had a chip on his shoulder and something to prove after what happened in Denver.
He played a hell of a game.

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
hell yeah...but he's a legit #1, i think

we can find a burner in the 3rd or 4th though...seems like one or two show up every year

I like Jacoby Ford out of Clemson last year and, unfortunately, he's playing well for the bad guys. Also liked Riley Cooper who has made some plays for Philly.

Some potential targets this year include Jerrel Jernigan and Terrance Toliver. There are 4 #1's at the top of the draft, though, in Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd and Jonathan Baldwin.

BigMeatballDave
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
And Bailey is a Pioli type "Right 53" type of Vet to bring in as well. Great character guy!!Dumb idea. Bailey will start somewhere. Not here. I suppose you think Carr and Flowers suck.

Chiefs Rool
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I'd say Champ Bailey is that good, you could tell today that Bailey was a man on a mission and determined to shut Bowe down. He was playing bump and run today like I haven't seen since James Hasty.

Chiefshrink
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Dumb idea. Bailey will start somewhere. Not here. I suppose you think Carr and Flowers suck.

No you suppose wrong:rolleyes: But I damn guarantee you Champ can improve their game even further:thumb:

the Talking Can
12-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I like Jacoby Ford out of Clemson last year and, unfortunately, he's playing well for the bad guys. Also liked Riley Cooper who has made some plays for Philly.

Some potential targets this year include Jerrel Jernigan and Terrance Toliver. There are 4 #1's at the top of the draft, though, in Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd and Jonathan Baldwin.

i think this draft is filthy with wr talent....which is good for us

BigMeatballDave
12-05-2010, 09:09 PM
No you suppose wrong:rolleyes: But I damn guarantee you Champ can improve their game even further:thumb:Possibly. But there is no room for him in this secondary.

Demonpenz
12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
it pissed me off that all anyone ever talks about is how strong Thomas Jones is but he let Champ Bailey arm tackle him. GET IN THE WEIGHT ROOM TJ FFS

Chiefs Rool
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
No you suppose wrong:rolleyes: But I damn guarantee you Champ can improve their game even further:thumb:

I would be pissed if we spent huge money to get Bailey. That money is going towards Larry Fitzgerald damnit

Count Zarth
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Yes, if your team is in neutral or going south but our Chiefs are on the rise and good vets are always more negotiable(flexible) if the team that is interested in them has a good chance of winning a SB in the near future:thumb:

So you want to give Champ a huge contract when we have three young corners kicking ass, with one due a huge payday soon?

Use your brain.

notorious
12-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Bailey is a baller and YES, he is that good.

KCFTW
12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Bowe isn't that fast and Bailey is pretty damn good.

Our lack of depth at WR was really exposed today.

Reaper16
12-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I do wonder how much of it was Cassel just not wanting to challenge Bailey.

LaChapelle
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Is this the Bailey farewell thread
he could become a Raider

Chiefshrink
12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
So you want to give Champ a huge contract when we have three young corners kicking ass, with one due a huge payday soon?

Use your brain.

Who said anything about a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge contract? Like I said, it becomes somewhat more negotiable when you are winning:thumb:

Chiefshrink
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Possibly. But there is no room for him in this secondary.

There is 'always' room for a FHOF type corner who can still play and mentor:rolleyes: