PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Playoff Tickets - Matchup season ticket holders that can't go w/CP'ers who can?

pr_capone
12-05-2010, 11:36 PM
If you are a season ticket holder you get first pick on playoff tickets. I'm sure you already knew that though. :)

If you were not able to attend a home playoff game, if you were going to decline the tickets, would you be willing to instad help CP'ers who would otherwise be forced to pay some scalper, or ticketmaster, 3x face value? Figured that if you can't make it, you might be willing to help a fellow Planeteer get in the gate. Not speaking only for myself but there are likely several here who would benefit from an arrangement like this.

Ex. BRC reads this thread and sends me a PM telling me he is willing to give me 2 of his seats for the playoff game because he can't make it. We work out the financial details and the seat will be occupied by a CP'er.

Or this could possibly be the worst idea ever. lol

**** off if repost.

/edited to clarify some confusion. apologies, still celebrating the win. :D

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2010, 11:38 PM
This is a good idea, in theory, but I imagine season ticket holders will be dishing out tickets to friends and family for the playoffs.

I bet you won't have to pay 3x face value..

OnTheWarpath58
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Helluva idea, E.

Don't know that there would be that many people that couldn't wriggle out of any plans they have, but it's worth a shot.

pr_capone
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
This is a good idea, in theory, but I imagine season ticket holders will be dishing out tickets to friends and family for the playoffs.

I thought those tickets might go to family or friends. I also thought that if they were unable to get to the game they would simply decline.

My thought is that instead of declining the ticket, they hook a CP'er up.

Fumblerooski
12-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Interesting Idea... Though not to sound like a dick, but if I get my seats for a playoff game i'm going... But even if someone terrible happens and I can't go, I don't see myself letting them go for face per CP policy... Would this thread be exempt from the face value or below rule?

pr_capone
12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Interesting Idea... Though not to sound like a dick, but if I get my seats for a playoff game i'm going... But even if someone terrible happens and I can't go, I don't see myself letting them go for face per CP policy... Would this thread be exempt from the face value or below rule?

I don't make the rules around this place. That said, I would think that this thread would not be exempt. Selling tickets for above face value is only ok if the difference is donated to CP IIRC.

That said, if you get your seats and you are going, then this thread would not apply to you... would it?.

Fumblerooski
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
I don't make the rules around this place. That said, I would think that this thread would not be exempt. Selling tickets for above face value is only ok if the difference is donated to CP IIRC.

That said, if you get your seats and you are going, then this thread would not apply to you... would it?.

Like I said, not trying to be a dick, just wondering if this was going to be more of a CP Stubhub, or an extension of the Ticket sub-forum...

It also seems like I mis-understood the premise of this thread anyway. Seems we are talking about 2 different things. You are (correct me if im wrong) talking about those that have season tickets, but do not plan to purchase the game/games, or cannot afford the playoff tickets at all correct?

I originally saw it as a ticket dump. 2 different processes. Scalping a ticket is one thing, but scalping an opportunity to get a ticket from the box office is a little too much I think. Your idea seems good, and it may actually apply to me. I was saying that if I bought them, and got ready to go then i'd likely want to make money on them if I had to sell them. But i'll find out from the ol' live in accountant if we can even get them, and buy the kids crap for Christmas. If I can't get them, i'll drop you a PM, cool?

jbwm89
12-05-2010, 11:58 PM

I think if you sell a playoff ticket to another cp'er for something comparable or less than what a similar seat would cost on ticketmaster it should be exempt from the face value rule. If you could obviously get more elsewhere your not using cp to increase profits your helping someone out.

That being said i obviously don't make the rules here, just an opinion.

pr_capone
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Like I said, not trying to be a dick, just wondering if this was going to be more of a CP Stubhub, or an extension of the Ticket sub-forum...

It also seems like I mis-understood the premise of this thread anyway. Seems we are talking about 2 different things. You are (correct me if im wrong) talking about those that have season tickets, but do not plan to purchase the game/games, or cannot afford the playoff tickets at all correct?

I originally saw it as a ticket dump. 2 different processes. Scalping a ticket is one thing, but scalping an opportunity to get a ticket from the box office is a little too much I think. Your idea seems good, and it may actually apply to me. I was saying that if I bought them, and got ready to go then i'd likely want to make money on them if I had to sell them. But i'll find out from the ol' live in accountant if we can even get them, and buy the kids crap for Christmas. If I can't get them, i'll drop you a PM, cool?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Still celebrating the win. lol

Exactly. Only if they had no intention of picking up those tickets. I realize that is going to apply to a very few season ticket holders. Figured it would not hurt to ask.

Absolutely on the ticket bit. I'll be at the game one way or another! :D

pr_capone
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
I think if you sell a playoff ticket to another cp'er for something comparable or less than what a similar seat would cost on ticketmaster it should be exempt from the face value rule. If you could obviously get more elsewhere your not using cp to increase profits your helping someone out.

That being said i obviously don't make the rules here, just an opinion.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/Mpix1/missingthepoint.png

jbwm89
12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
That's cute, but really. Me and some buddies have 5 tickets lets say 3 people can't go and I would rather sit by some cp'ers than a bunch of away fans buying them off ticketmaster.

Would I have to donate the profits to cp if i sold them at or below ticketmaster price?

pr_capone
12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
That's cute, but really. Me and some buddies have 5 tickets lets say 3 people can't go and I would rather sit by some cp'ers than a bunch of away fans buying them off ticketmaster.

Would I have to donate the profits to cp if i sold them at or below ticketmaster price?

Here is the rule on the tickets forum.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69922

This site is provided free of charge. Our regulars sustain the site by donating hosting, software, and maintenance costs from time to time.

As a benefit to our regulars, this forum has been added as a source of tickets for face value or less.

If you are a broker or individual with designs on making money through ticket sales in our free forum, you need to voluntarily contribute a portion of your proceeds to the site. It is the right thing to do. For more information, please PM AustinChief or Phobia.

From this point forward, those of you advertising tickets over face value without an arrangement in place will have your advertisements removed for the first infraction. Further infractions will result in account removal and possible IP banning.

Thanks for your cooperation.

But again, this probably does not apply to you. This thread is about season ticket holders that were going to decline the option for playoff tickets. They were never going to buy them in the first place.

jbwm89
12-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Here is the rule on the tickets forum.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69922

Your so helpful.

pr_capone
12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Your so helpful.

How was that not helpful? I even quoted the rule post for you so you wouldn't have to click the link. That quote answers your question directly about how sales above face value are handled on the board.

Shall I bold the important parts?

/edit

Went ahead and bolded the part that answers your question in my previous post. To be even more helpful, I'll quote only the part that specifically answers your question.

If you are a broker or individual with designs on making money through ticket sales in our free forum, you need to voluntarily contribute a portion of your proceeds to the site. It is the right thing to do. For more information, please PM AustinChief or Phobia.

I'll break it down further. I'm guessing this means that you can sell your ticket above face value, but you are asked to make a donation to the board.

jbwm89
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I understand the rules, just my opinion that it would be beneficial to people on here to possibly bend them in this situation. Which was kind of the point of your thread right? I agree with you I think it would be a good idea to help people out but it wouldn't work if the difference had to be donated. I really don't need the link to the rule page i obviously understand them from what i posted earlier.

jbwm89
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I didn't mean to piss anyone off, just got interested because I could very possibly have 2-3 extra tickets, I will have to stubhub them as i doubt i can convince my friends to donate their profits to a website they don't even use.

doomy3
12-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I'd love to have a couple if anyone has extras they need to sell.

jbwm89
12-06-2010, 12:23 AM
I'd love to have a couple if anyone has extras they need to sell.

I will pm you if that is what it comes too. Again though I wouldn't be able to sell them for face since they are not my tickets.

pr_capone
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I didn't mean to piss anyone off, just got interested because I could very possibly have 2-3 extra tickets, I will have to stubhub them as i doubt i can convince my friends to donate their profits to a website they don't even use.

I'm not pissed... I've been drinking. So I guess I'm pissed. lol

I'm not talking a ticket dump here. I'm talking specifically about people that were going choosing to decline the option to purchase the tickets in the first place.

jbwm89
12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm not pissed... I've been drinking. So I guess I'm pissed. lol

I'm not talking a ticket dump here. I'm talking specifically about people that were going choosing to decline the option to purchase the tickets in the first place.

Oh alright, I guess I misunderstood that part I am sure we will purchase the tickets either way.

Let's just hope we are in them we aren't out of the woods yet.

Fritz88
12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Lets get there first.
Posted via Mobile Device

johnny961
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM

I was thinking the same thing on the prices. Last playoff game I went to was in '03 ! and I think I paid like 40 over face for uppers. I might be wrong but I donít see them going for 3X.

pr_capone
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I was thinking the same thing on the prices. Last playoff game I went to was in '03 ! and I think I paid like 40 over face for uppers. I might be wrong but I donít see them going for 3X.

I went to the same game, we paid $100 for nose bleed. We looked for tickets for a week beforehand and these were the only ones that turned up.

No craigslist back then though.