PDA

View Full Version : H2H v. Total pts FFL.

Ceej
12-06-2010, 02:14 PM
What do you prefer? I'm in my 4th or 5th season in a certain league and a cry is basically crying about how the league should re-format to total points opposed to H2H.

What do you guys prefer?

I like the H2H because it gives me something MORE to follow on Sundays. Just my preference.

DTLB58
12-06-2010, 02:45 PM
What do you prefer? I'm in my 4th or 5th season in a certain league and a cry is basically crying about how the league should re-format to total points opposed to H2H.

What do you guys prefer?

I like the H2H because it gives me something MORE to follow on Sundays. Just my preference.

I'm in my 20th season of being commish of a keeper league where the first I'm guessing 12 years we were H2H and then the last 8 we have been total points.

I was the biggest pro of pushing it through to make the change.

The biggest reason, I was losing games 114-115 while others were stacking up W's 30-27. And this wasn't happening once a year and not just one year.
So we as a league decided it was a lot more true test over the entire season the go to Total Points.

I think it has paid off, I can't remember one season since we have changed where I can't say the Champ didn't deserve it. That wasn't always the case in H2H imo.

As far as not having as much to watch. I watch everyone's team. Fantasy and NFL. So I'm plenty busy on Sundays.

Cave Johnson
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Haven't personally used it, but I like the idea of a hybrid between the two.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
H2H is fun, allows trash talk, can lead toward some strategic start/sit decisions, etc. However, this year has somewhat sucked. I have scored over 200pts more than the next highest scoring team yet the best playoff seed I can obtain is #3 and may be as low as #5.

DrRyan
12-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Haven't personally used it, but I like the idea of a hybrid between the two.

I am like the hybrid league. I don't currently play in any, but I don't like the idea of a league strictly a points league. The best money league I played in was $200 buy in(I believe) and $2.50 for an add, $2.50 for a drop. I would expect that to be a major pain in the ass for the commissioner but it increased the payout considerably. If I recall, I think the total points leader got 35-40% of the pot, the overal H2H winner at the end of the season 35-40% and the remainder went to the rest of the playoff teams.

The Bad Guy
12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
We do a tiered system for regular season and playoffs.

The playoff pot is solely based on league entry fees

The regular season pot is strictly based on transactions, loses and trades during the year. It's 1 dollar per add/drop, 1 dollar per loss and 1 dollar per person traded. Doesn't seem like the pot would be that big, but in my league it hit 300 this year.

Regular season points leader gets 70% of that, 20% goes to who had best record and 10% goes to highest scoring week.

Pestilence
12-07-2010, 09:18 AM
So basically it just comes down to total points scored over the year?

Are there any websites that strictly do points scored leagues? I'd be interested in starting a free one to try it out.

doomy3
12-07-2010, 10:10 AM
We do a tiered system for regular season and playoffs.

The playoff pot is solely based on league entry fees

The regular season pot is strictly based on transactions, loses and trades during the year. It's 1 dollar per add/drop, 1 dollar per loss and 1 dollar per person traded. Doesn't seem like the pot would be that big, but in my league it hit 300 this year.

Regular season points leader gets 70% of that, 20% goes to who had best record and 10% goes to highest scoring week.

This is a pretty solid idea...

Cave Johnson
12-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Here's a decent alternative to TBG's system.

"It was a 12-team league... We played head-to-head every week like you would in a standard Yahoo format... The top 4 playoff teams were determined by best head-to-head record... But the two wild-card playoff teams were the teams with the most points who were not already in the playoffs.... And the teams which were granted first-round byes were the teams with the highest overall points, rather than the teams with the best head-to-head records.... "

Short Leash Hootie
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Rotissified H2H leagues are the best...

Say you have a $75 buy in...

$50 to the league, $25 to the points...points go through week 16.

12 team league...

Payout the top 3 in points and the top 3 in H2H...

can't do football without H2H...not nearly as fun...even the bad teams can play spoiler in the end...

but rotissifying leagues is a must...

I squeeked in last night with another guy losing with the 6th seed in a 12 team league where I am #1 in points and have lost 3 times this year when I scored the 2nd most points in the league for the week...

so now I made the playoffs (luckily) but if I didn't I was still in line to make a profit on the league because I'm 1st in points...