PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

Hoover
12-19-2010, 05:14 PM
10. Yeah, well I watched it, ate some cheese, drank a beer. Got made, them was pumped, yelled at the prevent defense, then celebrated the win.
9. They said we have an undersized line. Really? I know we are small at center but are we really that small.
8. I thought SJAX was supposed to run all over our ass. Getting 3 or 4 yards a pop isn't what you get from a dominating RB.
7. I know, I'm not supposed to be writing this thread, some dude who actually puts some time in to it does it. I'm just being a smart ass.
6. Someone turned the light switch on in Carr's head. WOW. I think Berry is much better against the pass now too.
5. We need to use play action more on first down.
4. Sad to see Matt throw a pick, but it did look like Moeaki messed that up.
3. How is it possible that I love Thomas Jones on half the time he runs the ball and hate him the other half.
2. I ALWAYS LOVES ME SOME JC!
1. Props to Cassel, dude is our QB. Its not his stats that make me think that, its his leadership. Its a lot like Trent Green if you ask me. His best play of the day, his audible to move Moeaki and run Charles for 9 yards on 2nd down. AWESOME

OK, now let that other dude post his 10 thoughts. I was just sick of waiting for it... :evil:

Rain Man
12-19-2010, 05:22 PM
1. It's fun to watch Shaun Smith block on offense. On the first play, you could see him just bulldoze forward, even with no technique. (However, I'm shocked that we didn't get called for holding on the Jones TD. Smith grabbed a guy and was pulling him forward.)

2. Dorsey jumped a snap like a madman on a play in the first quarter today. It was impressive.

3. Chambers has returned.

4. Has anyone actually proven that McCluster is fast?

5. Derrick Johnson was a violent linebacker today.

6. Can we EVER get a holding call on Wallace Gilberry?

7. Cassel has returned.

8. What's the deal with the illegal formation penalties? Moeaki better get that figured out quick.

9. On the Charles short TD run, watch Brian Waters if you want to grin. It was like that scene in The Blind Side where he pushed the defender over the fence.

10. Our LBs were getting abused on short pass routes early in the game, but then figured it out pretty well. After the first drive, our defense played great in all three units. The only TD for St. Louis came when we inexplicably went into a vanilla three-rusher defense.

beer bacon
12-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Speaking of Berry, there were two defenders today that won't show up much on the stat sheet, but both contributed a lot to this win. Berry only had three tackles and maybe a PD or two, but he was great out in coverage. Hali also got good pressure on Bradford, but I don't think he is in the books with any tackles or sacks. Two solid games that you wouldn't know about if you just looked at the stats.

Hoover
12-19-2010, 06:10 PM
AMEN to that!

donkhater
12-19-2010, 06:11 PM

That's been obvious the whole season (see point #3)

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7077604#post7077604

nstygma
12-19-2010, 06:24 PM
0. tyson jackson drew a penalty!

LaChapelle
12-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Moeaki was having a rookie shitting the bed game

siberian khatru
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
gblowfish filing the copyright infringement as we speak

DeezNutz
12-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Chambers has returned to or from what? The dude still sucks ass, and it was a mistake to re-sign him.

WR or pass rusher should be #1 priority this off-season.

LaChapelle
12-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Haley's challange on Cassel FD run almost came back to bite him in the ass
luckily the Thomas Jones fumble call was reversed

Frosty
12-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Haley's challange on Cassel FD run almost came back to bite him in the ass
luckily the Thomas Jones fumble call was reversed

I really dislike using challenges in that situation. It was 3rd and less than a yard, which should be makeable. Challenges should be saved for turnovers and big plays.

yeti
12-19-2010, 07:50 PM
I was reading this and thought wow...blowfish has really lost his burst.

threebag02
12-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Moeaki was having a rookie shitting the bed game

Maybe he will go home and lay in it.

Demonpenz
12-19-2010, 08:02 PM
mcluster is not fast in a straight line nor does is he all that elusive.

KCChiefsFan88
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Weis needs to cut the crap on 3rd and 1 and just run the football. It is pathetic that the #1 ranked rushing offense in the NFL can be so bad on 3rd and 1 conversions.

Also the Chiefs have to be among the league leaders in illegal formation penalties with players not lining up properly on the line of scrimmage.

milkman
12-19-2010, 08:07 PM
6. Someone turned the light switch on in Carr's head. WOW. I think Berry is much better against the pass now too.

Anyone who's been paying attention should have seen that Carr has been improving, not only year to year, but week to week this year.

I'm pretty sure that I said when Emmit Thomas was hired, that Carr would be the guy that benefitted the most.

The light didn't just go on.

We are seeing the results of hard work at learning his craft since the day he was drafted.

milkman
12-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Weis needs to cut the crap on 3rd and 1 and just run the football. It is pathetic that the #1 ranked rushing offense in the NFL can be so bad on 3rd and 1 conversions.

Also the Chiefs have to be among the league leaders in illegal formation penalties with players not lining up properly on the line of scrimmage.

:facepalm:

TEX
12-19-2010, 08:41 PM

This...:banghead:

DTLB58
12-19-2010, 09:12 PM
10. Yeah, well I watched it, ate some cheese, drank a beer. Got made, them was pumped, yelled at the prevent defense, then celebrated the win.
9. They said we have an undersized line. Really? I know we are small at center but are we really that small.
8. I thought SJAX was supposed to run all over our ass. Getting 3 or 4 yards a pop isn't what you get from a dominating RB.
7. I know, I'm not supposed to be writing this thread, some dude who actually puts some time in to it does it. I'm just being a smart ass.
4. Sad to see Matt throw a pick, but it did look like Moeaki messed that up.
3. How is it possible that I love Thomas Jones on half the time he runs the ball and hate him the other half.
2. I ALWAYS LOVES ME SOME JC!
1. Props to Cassel, dude is our QB. Its not his stats that make me think that, its his leadership. Its a lot like Trent Green if you ask me. His best play of the day, his audible to move Moeaki and run Charles for 9 yards on 2nd down. AWESOME

OK, now let that other dude post his 10 thoughts. I was just sick of waiting for it... :evil:

#5,3,2 and 1 :thumb:

DTLB58
12-19-2010, 09:16 PM

Especailly the first one of the game we got, we went to a whole lot of trouble moving people all over hell's gate there just to get McCluster the ball.
It's just seemed like really? we gotta do all that to get the little squirt the ball?
Just give it to JC and we get 5-6 yards there and it's 2-4. wtf?

Chief DJBrad
12-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I was there-Gillberry was awesome-give the man a payday longterm.The defensive stud today!Kendrick Lewis great day and picks!Where is the love for this guy?Richardson as backup-ONLY.Albert going nuts on sideline at end of first.Why?Our special teams are not special...what happend?Punter and kicker were fine.Matt Cassel played like a man today and proud to call him a Chiefs.This rookie class has played fantastic.We will West and I think Tucker is the key to WR success-you missed get him on the field.He played fantastic special teams today.Great win but left 14 points on the field.

WV
12-19-2010, 09:57 PM
I really dislike using challenges in that situation. It was 3rd and less than a yard, which should be makeable. Challenges should be saved for turnovers and big plays.

:thumb:

gblowfish
12-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I was reading this and thought wow...blowfish has really lost his burst.

NO Sh*t!

beach tribe
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM
1. It's fun to watch Shaun Smith block on offense. On the first play, you could see him just bulldoze forward, even with no technique. (However, I'm shocked that we didn't get called for holding on the Jones TD. Smith grabbed a guy and was pulling him forward.)

2. Dorsey jumped a snap like a madman on a play in the first quarter today. It was impressive.

3. Chambers has returned.

4. Has anyone actually proven that McCluster is fast?

5. Derrick Johnson was a violent linebacker today.

6. Can we EVER get a holding call on Wallace Gilberry?

7. Cassel has returned.

8. What's the deal with the illegal formation penalties? Moeaki better get that figured out quick.

9. On the Charles short TD run, watch Brian Waters if you want to grin. It was like that scene in The Blind Side where he pushed the defender over the fence.

10. Our LBs were getting abused on short pass routes early in the game, but then figured it out pretty well. After the first drive, our defense played great in all three units. The only TD for St. Louis came when we inexplicably went into a vanilla three-rusher defense.

11-1-2010
I think Chambers is getting the D. Johnson Jedi mind trick played on him by Haley.
I expect him to have a pretty good "4th qtr" of this season.

beach tribe
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I was there-Gillberry was awesome-give the man a payday longterm.The defensive stud today!Kendrick Lewis great day and picks!Where is the love for this guy?Richardson as backup-ONLY.Albert going nuts on sideline at end of first.Why?Our special teams are not special...what happend?Punter and kicker were fine.Matt Cassel played like a man today and proud to call him a Chiefs.This rookie class has played fantastic.We will West and I think Tucker is the key to WR success-you missed get him on the field.He played fantastic special teams today.Great win but left 14 points on the field.

I saw some people really downing this guy on here the other day, and was like WTF. His play has been Extraordinary considering he is a 5th round rookie FS, and looks as though he could get much better. He and Berry are going to be a damn fine pair of safeties to go along with one of the CB duos in the league. I truly believe that if we land another pass rusher we will have the best secondary in the league by next season. I even think Daniels is a pretty damn good dime back, and McGraw even has some value with the work he does against TEs.

penguinz
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
mcluster is not fast in a straight line nor does is he all that elusive.:spock:

wheeler08
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Did you ever post your 10 things? I never seen it. I hope this tool hasn't stopped you from posting yours.

NO Sh*t!

gblowfish
12-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Did you ever post your 10 things? I never seen it. I hope this tool hasn't stopped you from posting yours.

Well, I tell ya what...

I was in St. Louis all weekend and went to the game. Our downtown hotel had its internet service down the whole frickin time I was there, or I would have done my usual write up on Sunday night. It was still down on Monday AM. I spent all day sightseeing in St. Louis yesterday, took Amtrak home last night, didn't get home until late, had to pop up and come back to work today.

When I can organize my thoughts better, I'll put something up in the next day or so. Thanks for asking. GB

Hydrae
12-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Seconded, when you have the chance. Your weekly threads are a highlight in my reading repertoire here.

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Well, I tell ya what...

I was in St. Louis all weekend and went to the game. Our downtown hotel had its internet service down the whole frickin time I was there, or I would have done my usual write up on Sunday night. It was still down on Monday AM. I spent all day sightseeing in St. Louis yesterday, took Amtrak home last night, didn't get home until late, had to pop up and come back to work today.

When I can organize my thoughts better, I'll put something up in the next day or so. Thanks for asking. GB

That's not acceptable. Geez man, what the hell do you think we are paying you for!! Get off yer ass!

tooge
12-21-2010, 01:58 PM
mcluster is not fast in a straight line nor does is he all that elusive.

yeah, and I'd all of it for it it ever didn't