PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So is Weis installing more offense?

Mr. Laz
12-20-2010, 08:32 AM
we started doing all these extra shifts and motions on offense that we haven't been doing. It led to a ton of penalties because we haven't got to practice it enough or our players are too stupid to understand it.

So did Weis decide to try to hide our simplistic offense in mid-season by using shifts or what?

it's not working too well so far

Extra Point
12-20-2010, 08:34 AM
we started doing all these extra shifts and motions on offense that we haven't been doing. It led to a ton of penalties because we haven't got to practice it enough or our players are too stupid to understand it.

So did Weis decide to try to hide our simplistic offense in mid-season by using shifts or what?

Tell that to Herm Edwards two years ago. Or three, or four.

RINGLEADER
12-20-2010, 08:35 AM

They do seem to have difficulty with double shifts, illegal formations, and keeping the tackle covered...

DTLB58
12-20-2010, 08:36 AM
I noticed all the motion yesterday also....Reminded me of Vermeil/Saunders stuff. Just not as organized or productive.:p

NewChief
12-20-2010, 08:36 AM
I noticed Bowe getting called for a couple at least (and I didn't even get to watch all the game). Both of the ones he got called for didn't matter, though, because they were declined due to there not being any freaking gain on the 3rd down play anyway. Still, those penalties would have been seriously annoying if the Chiefs would have converted the 3rd down only to have it called back due to illegal formation.

bobbything
12-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I've seen them shift often throughout the year, but definitely more this game. I think it's because of the zone blitzing defense that St. Louis runs. The shifts reveal who is covering who, and possibly who will be blitzing.

WV
12-20-2010, 08:51 AM
I've seen them shift often throughout the year, but definitely more this game. I think it's because of the zone blitzing defense that St. Louis runs. The shifts reveal who is covering who, and possibly who will be blitzing.

Agreed, I think it had more to do with the game plan for STL than anything else.

notorious
12-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Hopefully Weis is taking plays out of the offense.

First that needs to go = Sweep/stretch to Jones

That play makes me want to drown kittens.

:facepalm:

beer bacon
12-20-2010, 08:57 AM

Actually, they started doing some sneaky fakes and such with McCluster before they handed the ball off to JC or TJ. That seemed to get our run offense going after it stalled early.

Chiefnj2
12-20-2010, 08:58 AM
I think Cassel should take the plays from the sideline and give the green dot helmet to Bowe so they can tell him exactly where to stand.

Mr. Laz
12-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Hopefully Weis is taking plays out of the offense.

First that needs to go = Sweep/stretch to Jones

That play makes me want to drown kittens.

:facepalm:
Charles needs more carries!!!

johnny961
12-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I noticed all the motion yesterday also....Reminded me of Vermeil/Saunders stuff. Just not as organized or productive.:p

Kinda funny I was thinking the same thing. If Weis is going to use more of this the offense obviously needs more practice at it so the guys know when to move and where. Some of this extra shifting and moving might not be a bad thing. Not only does it give a better read of the defense against a team like St Louis I think it helps mask what your offense is trying to do.

03pilot
12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I think Cassel should take the plays from the sideline and give the green dot helmet to Bowe so they can tell him exactly where to stand.

hahaha