PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Stats: Better Than Average...

RINGLEADER
12-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Your Kansas City Chiefs have made obvious improvement beyond the win/loss column -- and on both sides of the ball. They are now in the Top Ten in the following stats:

• Total Yards Offense (10th)
• Passer Rating (6th)
• Total Yards Rushing Offense (1st)
• 40+ Yard Rushes (4th)
• 20+ Yard Rushes (5th)
• Punting Average (4th)
• Touchdowns (9th)
• Sacks (7th)
• Turnover Differential (5th)
• Time of Possession (10th)
• 4th Down Defense (5th)
• Opposing QB Passer Rating (9th)

The Chiefs just missed out on being in the top ten on penalties committed (11th), first downs gained per game (11th), total sacks recorded on defense (13th), defensive scoring allowed (11th), and rushing defense (13th).

KCrockaholic
12-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Yay. We. Are. Above. Average.....Not "Good" - Todd Haley

Priest31kc
12-20-2010, 12:42 PM
13th in sacks? What?

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I like the touchdowns stat. Vermeil and Gunther used to focus on that alot, especially Gunther.

Only 3 teams in the AFC have scored more TDs than the Chiefs, and those teams are led by Brady, Manning and Rivers.

beer bacon
12-20-2010, 12:43 PM
You know what they say. Sometimes being above average is just good enough to be the best.

KCrockaholic
12-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I like the touchdowns stat. Vermeil and Gunther used to focus on that alot, especially Gunther.

Only 3 teams in the AFC have scored more TDs than the Chiefs, and those teams are led by Brady, Manning and Rivers.

That must mean Cassel is the 4th best QB in the AFC.

|Zach|
12-20-2010, 12:44 PM

DV focused on first downs a lot more.

bsp4444
12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
What I see is an overall "team" improvement. No focus on just one area. I really like this approach to rebuilding.

RINGLEADER
12-20-2010, 01:28 PM
DV focused on first downs a lot more.

Chiefs are 11th in that stat...not sure why I missed that one...

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Sorry, but all those stats are a lie. Because I said so. /kcrockaholic

The Bad Guy
12-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Ring,

Did you get my PM?

KCrockaholic
12-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Sorry, but all those stats are a lie. Because I said so. /kcrockaholic

Those stats have a true definition, and is supported by NFL.com

Apparently STATS and I have a different opinion of what a drop is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Stats! YAY!

Psyko Tek
12-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Yay. We. Are. Above. Average.....Not "Good" - Todd Haley
I can't wait to see the stats and wins when Hailey says they are a good team

cdcox
12-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Bunch of garbage time stats compiled against a weak schedule.

stevieray
12-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Bunch of garbage time posts compiled against a weak argument.

fyp

The Bad Guy
12-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Bunch of garbage time stats compiled against a weak schedule.

Ha. Seriously?

Did your computer program tell you to type that?

cdcox
12-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Ha. Seriously?

Did your computer program tell you to type that?

Sarcasm. I think we are clearly in the top half of the league. Probably not top 10 when you consider all factors.

The Bad Guy
12-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Sarcasm. I think we are clearly in the top half of the league. Probably not top 10 when you consider all factors.

But then people will crown the Chargers offense and defense when they've played essentially the same schedule as we have.

SNR
12-21-2010, 01:03 AM
But then people will crown the Chargers offense and defense when they've played essentially the same schedule as we have.All I know is if we win our next two games I'm going to look forward to nothing else but the whining crying and gnashing of teeth on ESPN.

"How can the #1 team on offense and defense not make the playoffs??? This is unheard of!!"

AJ Smith will HAVE to fire Norv. There is no one else responsible for the Chargers' notorious slow starts to the season. It is Norv and Norv alone 100%.

Oh Snap
12-21-2010, 01:12 AM
thats after the chargers game..before the chargers game, we were 6th in total yards offensively, 4th in points scored.

I really wish we would have had cassel vs the chargers, it would have actually been a game then. We sure as hell would have mustered up more than 70 yards of total offense...What a piss poor performance that was!

RippedmyFlesh
12-21-2010, 01:52 AM
All I know is if we win our next two games I'm going to look forward to nothing else but the whining crying and gnashing of teeth on ESPN.

"How can the #1 team on offense and defense not make the playoffs??? This is unheard of!!"

AJ Smith will HAVE to fire Norv. There is no one else responsible for the Chargers' notorious slow starts to the season. It is Norv and Norv alone 100%.
Fire norv hire a young coach and trade their franchise qb :evil:

Chris Meck
12-21-2010, 02:11 AM
guys, we went from totally shitty to above average in one offseason.

The future looks bright.

Be happy.

Chris

RippedmyFlesh
12-21-2010, 02:19 AM
guys, we went from totally shitty to above average in one offseason.

The future looks bright.

Be happy.

Chris

The now is bright. After being herminated this feels good.

Oh Snap
12-21-2010, 02:38 AM
The now is bright. After being herminated this feels good.

Herm gets no love from me...however, look at the state this team was in when he came here. DV built the team to win "NOW" instead of building for the future. Vermiel built a decent team, rather quickly, (well, offensively atleast) but his drafting was horrible, his offseason acquisitions (or lack thereof...DAMN U CARL!!!) pretty much assured that we'd be rebuilding for a few years at some point. Herm was handed a shitty situation. Now, thats not to say he wasnt a bad coach, but that really compounded the issue imo.

beach tribe
12-21-2010, 06:39 AM

Pretty good for a bunch of Frauds.

Kerberos
12-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Better > Average does not = great

bkkcoh
12-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Better > Average does not = great

But it sure in the hell beats what they were doig the last 3 - 5 years.

One hell of an improvement

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Herm gets no love from me...however, look at the state this team was in when he came here. DV built the team to win "NOW" instead of building for the future. Vermiel built a decent team, rather quickly, (well, offensively atleast) but his drafting was horrible, his offseason acquisitions (or lack thereof...DAMN U CARL!!!) pretty much assured that we'd be rebuilding for a few years at some point. Herm was handed a shitty situation. Now, thats not to say he wasnt a bad coach, but that really compounded the issue imo.

I remember in the Hard Knocks that it seemed that Herm wanted to start Brodie and King Carl overruled that...I think Herm may have had the right idea but was still not a good coach...and was hamstrung by a shitty front office.

A guy like Haley would NEVER have worked for Carl Peterson.

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Even if we miss the playoffs, we are a much better team than our last "playoff" team in '06. And there is nothing but upside moving forward...

RINGLEADER
12-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Even if we miss the playoffs, we are a much better team than our last "playoff" team in '06. And there is nothing but upside moving forward...

Hopefully we add some more talent and continue to grow and get better...

Hydrae
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM
All I know is if we win our next two games I'm going to look forward to nothing else but the whining crying and gnashing of teeth on ESPN.

God no, I want Norv to stay right where he is for years to come. If they get a different coach and start winning early in the year we could have trouble hanging on to the AFCW crown!

Cave Johnson
12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I remember in the Hard Knocks that it seemed that Herm wanted to start Brodie and King Carl overruled that...I think Herm may have had the right idea but was still not a good coach...and was hamstrung by a shitty front office.

A guy like Haley would NEVER have worked for Carl Peterson.

Starting Cpt. 0-10 was the right idea, or more proof that Herm was incompetent?

SNR
12-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Fire norv hire a young coach and trade their franchise qb :evil:Dangle Matt in front of the coach's face and get him to piss the hell out of Rivers