PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Set it and forget it

tooge
12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Ok, about ten years ago wife and I saw the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie grill and BBq on tv. Had to have it. You know, the "set it and forget it". Anyhow, I use it about once a month for pork loins, salmon steaks, fish, and cornish game hens. Everything it turns out is incredible. So, saturday, I take an entire turkey, rub in down with salt, pepper, and garlic powder in side and out. Two hours later, I've got a crispy skinned, super moist turkey. Chowed down on turkey, then made the rest into a turkey stew with celery, onions, carrots, egg noodles, diced maters, garlic, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. it rocks! Anyone else have this?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok, about ten years ago wife and I saw the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie grill and BBq on tv. Had to have it. You know, the "set it and forget it". Anyhow, I use it about once a month for pork loins, salmon steaks, fish, and cornish game hens. Everything it turns out is incredible. So, saturday, I take an entire turkey, rub in down with salt, pepper, and garlic powder in side and out. Two hours later, I've got a crispy skinned, super moist turkey. Chowed down on turkey, then made the rest into a turkey stew with celery, onions, carrots, egg noodles, diced maters, garlic, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. it rocks! Anyone else have this?

I've got one, but it's not the Ronco. It does a good job, but cleanup is a PITA.

Dayze
12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I've wondered about those things; I"ll be watching this thread.

tooge
12-20-2010, 02:10 PM
almost all of the parts come off and go in the dishwasher. Plus, it comes with two baskets for burgers etc. if you dont want to grill when its snowin outside and dont want that lame "inside grill" result you get from grills like the George Foreman. IIRC, there were two models, one had all this extra stuff and was painted, the other was grey and pretty bare bones. I got the bare bones one.

googlegoogle
12-20-2010, 03:20 PM
yes. used on prime rib, chicken and lamb roasts.

HemiEd
12-20-2010, 03:31 PM
You have me sold, is it one of these? (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=set+it+and+forget+it+rotisserie&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4075698295&ref=pd_sl_73tsq0io0v_e)

Hog Farmer
12-20-2010, 03:35 PM
I want one !

Bane
12-20-2010, 03:36 PM
No but I wanted one after watching that damn infomercial time and time again for some damn reason.

MOhillbilly
12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
i cannot believe what im readin.

meat plus fire boys. caveman style.

Hog Farmer
12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
No but I wanted one after watching that damn infomercial time and time again for some damn reason.

I hate infomercials. I just ordered one of those Edenpure Heaters for $400 That SOB better heat my room top to bottom evenly and save me $400 a year in Natural Gas!

Hog Farmer
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Don't you know charcoal cooked meat causes cancer?

Bane
12-20-2010, 03:42 PM
I hate infomercials. I just ordered one of those Edenpure Heaters for $400

Honestly I've never ordered anything from one of those but I've watched them over and over again like a zombie.I bet I wanted that one about the goddamn food dehydrator 50 times!:cuss:

MOhillbilly
12-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Don't you know charcoal cooked meat causes cancer?

sticks and stones will break my bones but cancer will probably kill me.

Bane
12-20-2010, 03:46 PM
sticks and stones will break my bones but cancer will probably kill me.

Shit I think breathing causes cancer anymore.Fuck it,I'm eating what I want and I'm gonna cook it how I want.FTW!!!

Omaha
12-20-2010, 03:46 PM

lots of beers + infomercial + phone + credit card = stupid purchases

MahiMike
12-20-2010, 03:50 PM
If it's half as good as my George Foreman, I'm listening.

MOhillbilly
12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
george foreman blows. good lord people!

Hog Farmer
12-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Shit I think breathing causes cancer anymore.**** it,I'm eating what I want and I'm gonna cook it how I want.FTW!!!

That's what I said when I was 25. Now I actually have something to live for. Kinda.

Just Passin' By
12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Honestly I've never ordered anything from one of those but I've watched them over and over again like a zombie.I bet I wanted that one about the goddamn food dehydrator 50 times!:cuss:

There are a lot of lousy products that are pimped, but some of them really do get the job done.

MOhillbilly
12-20-2010, 03:55 PM
That's what I said when I was 25. Now I actually have something to live for. Kinda.

i dont know. jackin off hogs is settin the bar pretty high.

Hog Farmer
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
i dont know. jackin off hogs is settin the bar pretty high.

It's one of those things that you just get addicted to. Oh yeah, and also I have a daughter that needs me to be around . At least for now.

Bane
12-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Keep fighting the good fight sir...ROFL

There are a lot of lousy products that are pimped, but some of them really do get the job done.

I'm always afraid to be their test subject,but I bet there are some good products that I have missed out on.

Bane
12-20-2010, 03:59 PM
It's one of those things that you just get addicted to. Oh yeah, and also I have a daughter that needs me to be around . At least for now.

Pics or GTFO!!!ROFL

Phobia
12-20-2010, 04:00 PM

I know. So disappointing.

Omaha
12-20-2010, 04:00 PM

A lack of in-laws?

Hog Farmer
12-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Pics or GTFO!!!ROFL

She's 10 dude ! I'll send you pic's in 8 years after the Chiefs have won their 7th consecutive SB. :D

Omaha
12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
ROFLPics or GTFO!!!ROFL

Stinger
12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
if you dont want to grill when its snowin outside and dont want that lame "inside grill" result you get from grills like the George Foreman.

Turn in Man Card .......

Jenson71
12-20-2010, 04:26 PM
It's a great tool for me. I hate starting up the grill my dad got me. I am always so afraid of the fire. Plus, when you squeeze the water stuff on it, and the fire goes "boom" I always think that I'm going to burn my eyebrow hair off, and I spend a lot of money getting my eyebrows threaded at the mall. So when I wanted to make something on the grill, usually a portabello mushroom burger, I'd get my neighbor to start the grill for me, and she would always tease me about it, but my boyfriend thought it was cute. Anyway, that neighbor left, so I got a set it and forget it, and it's helped me lose about 4.5 lbs, so I'm down to 124 now. Win!!

googlegoogle
12-20-2010, 04:28 PM
buying a rotisserie for the bbq grill might be a better purchase.

Just Passin' By
12-20-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm always afraid to be their test subject,but I bet there are some good products that I have missed out on.

I hear you. I've never ordered anything from the infomercial itself. If something seems useful and makes it into stores, I look up reviews for the product. I've made a few purchases that way, with no major regrets. There's just no way in hell I'd ever pay the S/H fees they like to charge ordering directly.