PDA

View Full Version : Football Commissioner ‘following up’ on Favre investigation

pr_capone
12-21-2010, 12:37 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-goodell

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he’s still “following up” on some of the information in the Brett Favre(notes) investigation to make sure it’s thorough and reaches “the right conclusion.”

Goodell met with Favre briefly during his visit to Minnesota for Monday’s Bears-Vikings game at snowy TCF Bank Stadium. He did not elaborate on the nature of the work he has left to do on the investigation, nor would he be specific when asked when he’ll declare his decision.

“I’m not going to put a timetable on it, other than I did say I hope it’ll be by the end of the regular season,” Goodell said.
AdChoices

He added: “We want to be as thorough and serious about it and reach the right conclusion.”

What bullshit.

Anyone else would have already suspended and fined for detrimental conduct. Favre? Nah, we will wait until the end of the season when he will retire anyhow and then we will announce the findings and dish out the punishment.

Never
Fine
Limp Dick

Fairplay
12-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Just like K.U. has there own internal investigation going on into the ticket scandal, yeah right.

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2010, 01:35 AM
i am ok with it. They arent going too and never were going to do anything to him. This is his last season anyways. I'd give him a pass too. NFL just wants this story to die and they will make it happen.

johnny961
12-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Being somewhat familiar with collective bargaining and grievance proceedures, I don't see how the league can give Favre a pass on this unless they conclude that Favre is guilty of no wrongdoing. In my mind any player who is suspended or fined in the future for a personal conduct violation could file a grievance and cite this incident as grounds for their grievance and stand a good chance of getting paid for their time off if the league finds wrongdoing and chooses to do nothing. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Phobia
12-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Why is everybody so sure this is Favre's last season? Haven't you been paying attention the last 4 years?

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2010, 03:28 AM
Why is everybody so sure this is Favre's last season? Haven't you been paying attention the last 4 years?

He has never been as hurt as he has been this year. DUde has ankle issues, arm issues, shoulder issues, and now what had to be a concussion of somesort.

I know the passed years he's came back, but he's not coming back for another season, not after this one. He wouldnt be with the Vikings, they know its time to move on. He could sign with a lesser team, but i highly doubt he would do that.

btlook1
12-21-2010, 03:59 AM
yes Favre is an icon to football. But at this point in his career I just hope he retires and fades away. I really don't want to see him as an analyst like the idiot Deion or so many others.

Bane
12-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Well now that it looks like he may not play anymore this season they can come to a conclusion so he doesn't miss any playing time I guess.Whatever,I don't really even care.IMO he did it and she didn't complain at the time and now it's all blown the **** up to stir shit.

Baconeater
12-21-2010, 07:17 AM
He has never been as hurt as he has been this year. DUde has ankle issues, arm issues, shoulder issues, and now what had to be a concussion of somesort.

I know the passed years he's came back, but he's not coming back for another season, not after this one. He wouldnt be with the Vikings, they know its time to move on. He could sign with a lesser team, but i highly doubt he would do that.
Yep. He's done.

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 08:19 AM
I guarantee Brett was on the fence more than any other season about coming back this year, and now that this season has turned into an injury riddled shit storm for him, he's got to know he's done. He went a bridge too far and should have hung em up but I'm sure the idea of 20 years in the league and 300 consecutive starts was something that helped him to come back this season. But he is physically spent, and now he's got all this off the field crap...I'm sure he wishes now that he would have just stayed on the porch in Mississippi...

...live and learn Brett. Get out while you can still walk...

chiefsnorth
12-21-2010, 08:20 AM

I am sure he would continue his act if he could, but he can't even make it through a whole game anymore.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2010, 08:33 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/35n78zp.jpg