PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bettis is impressed with Cassel.

Carlota69
12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jerome_bettis/12/20/matt.dodge.coughlin/index.html

I was just as impressed by Matt Cassel. I, too, had an emergency appendectomy and couldn't imagine playing football 11 days later. Mine was in the offseason, so I wasn't faced with Cassel's decision to play through it. But I do know it was a very, very painful surgery. The hardest thing to do as I recovered was to stretch or turn to the side, and that's what Cassel did on each of his 29 passing attempts Sunday. That had to be excruciating. I applaud you, Matt Cassel.

Hog Farmer
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Anybody making 63,000,000 should have played the week before.

notorious
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Cassel is a tough SOB.

He is the anti-Croyle when it comes to durability and winning.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 12:29 PM

That's a joke, right?

Sofa King
12-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Cassel is a tough SOB.

He is the anti-Croyle when it comes to durability and winning.

lol

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM

Shit, he should have just had them perform the damn surgery on the plane out to San Diego...what a pussy...:evil:

booyaf2
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
No knock on Cassel, he's starting to grow on me, but Bettis is hands down the worst writer in sports.

Rain Man
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Shit, he should have just had them perform the damn surgery on the plane out to San Diego...what a pussy...:evil:

I'm not going to be a believer until he can lead a last-minute touchdown drive in the playoffs while removing his own appendix without anesthetic.

Pants
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm not going to be a believer until he can lead a last-minute touchdown drive in the playoffs while removing his own appendix without anesthetic.

Dammit, Rainman, way to move the goal posts. Are you saying Matt Cassel has two appendices?

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Dammit, Rainman, way to move the goal posts. Are you saying Matt Cassel has two appendices?

Sadly he only had the one...so now we'll NEVER know...:mad:

Pants
12-21-2010, 01:41 PM

:(

RIP, our dreams.

Saul Good
12-21-2010, 01:42 PM

I won't be impressed until he grows a second appendix just so he can remove it while winning a game on the road in the playoffs after being down by 2 scores in the 4th quarter when the running game isn't working and the dome has collapsed.

Frankie
12-21-2010, 01:54 PM

Then you'll NEVER be a believer. He has no appendix to remove.

Chief Chief
12-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Then you'll NEVER be a believer. He has no appendix to remove.

Cut Rain Man a break! He simply forgot to mention that Cassel would first re-insert his appendix during the Chiefs opening drive of that same game.

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 02:24 PM
I won't be impressed until he grows a second appendix just so he can remove it while winning a game on the road in the playoffs after being down by 2 scores in the 4th quarter when the running game isn't working and the dome has collapsed.

Fuckin' A, that WOULD be impressive indeed...

Shogun
12-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Cassel saves part of his appendix in a tiny vail and it hangs around his neck. He will surgically put it back in while lead blocking for JC. Tough motherfucker.

MVChiefFan
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Since we've clearly established that Matt sadly only had one appendix to give, here is when I will believe in Cassel. He must lead the team to a go ahead touchdown in the last four seconds of a playoff game. In doing this, he must hit Chris Chambers with such a perfectly thrown ball that, indeed, Chambers makes the touchdown catch. While doing this, he will be performing a successful appendectomy on Shaun Smith while Shaun is wide awake and has his hand firmly grasped around Cassel's testicles. When this happens, I'll know we have our quarterback.

InChiefsHell
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Since we've clearly established that Matt sadly only had one appendix to give, here is when I will believe in Cassel. He must lead the team to a go ahead touchdown in the last four seconds of a playoff game. In doing this, he must hit Chris Chambers with such a perfectly thrown ball that, indeed, Chambers makes the touchdown catch. While doing this, he will be performing a successful appendectomy on Shaun Smith while Shaun is wide awake and has his hand firmly grasped around Cassel's testicles. When this happens, I'll know we have our quarterback.

OK, now that's just ridiculous...no WAY Chambers makes that catch...

MVChiefFan
12-21-2010, 02:52 PM
OK, now that's just ridiculous...no WAY Chambers makes that catch...

ROFL

kcfanXIII
12-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I got nothing compared to the comedy gold in this thread.

googlegoogle
12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Ja-rape Bettis.

michaelj_58
12-21-2010, 04:20 PM
i like it when he goes to the line and starts giving directions to the other player's,he's got control of the situation. I'm impressed so far.

Earthling
12-21-2010, 04:21 PM

Had a friend from OK that told me his grandma removed her own tonsils with a coat hanger. Knowing the old coot, my friend, I tended to believe him. Problem is she wasn't a qb and also shes dead so don't get any hopes up for snaggin' her.

kysirsoze
12-21-2010, 04:27 PM
GRIT

DTLB58
12-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I think we have a QB! :thumb: