PDA

View Full Version : Life The auto insurance saga continues...

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Suggestions here? Better Business Bureau? Call again and rail on a supervisor? Write a letter that will surely be ignored?

AAA insurance is the single most worthless company I have ever had to deal with.

The accident was on the 7th of this month.

AAA finally calls me back.

"Mr. XXXXXXX, wanted to let you know we received the claim (after 15 f'ing days) and have decided that your vehicle is a total loss. We will forward this to the total loss department so they can get with you about the modifications to your vehicle. Someone there will be getting in contact wi...th you within 3 business days"

* I interrupt*

Me: "No, that is not going to work. Someone needs to call me within 24 hours, I've already waited 2 weeks for you guys to stumble**** your way through this. I've called and no one returns my calls, I've emailed and no one returns my emails, and I even asked to speak with a supervisor and no one called me back then either. Someone needs to call me within 24 hours or I will call yet again and I will be nowhere near as pleasant to talk to next time"

AAA: "We will get a supervisor involved and they will call you back as soon as possible"

Me: "I'm not holding my ****ing breath"

alnorth
12-22-2010, 01:18 PM
No one cares about the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is utterly worthless. I assume its not your insurance because you didnt mention how you are threatening to cancel.

If its the other guy's insurance all you can do is call, bitch, and wait. Two weeks is long, but if they are giving you a rental car, its not "lawsuit long". If you are at the end of your rope, you can always call back and say you'll sue their driver if they dont take care of it quickly.

One thing the insurance company *does* care about is complaints to the department of insurance for your state. One extra call might not mean much if its just for slow-paying a couple weeks and you eventually get your money (the DOI gets more excited about people getting legitimately ripped off), but if the Department is getting hundreds of calls from people complaining about the insurance company being slow, they wont be happy with the company, and they have the stick to do something about it.

Bowser
12-22-2010, 01:18 PM
What "modifications" do they need to do to a totaled vehicle? If it's totaled, you should receive a check and be done with it.

To start, I'd get the number to their national headquarters, tell them you have a complaint, and take it from there. If they cockblock you, then try the BBB, I guess.

KCUnited
12-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Department of Insurance.

Bowser
12-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Ah, that's an important part of the story, as alnorth brought up. Were you hit, or did you hit someone?

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:21 PM
If its the other guy's insurance all you can do is call, bitch, and wait. Two weeks is long, but if they are giving you a rental car, its not "lawsuit long". If you are at the end of your rope, you can always call back and say you'll sue their driver if they dont take care of it quickly.

I can't sue the driver. The driver was my little brother. I lent him the car and he totaled it. And you are correct, it is his insurance I am dealing with.

One thing the insurance company *does* care about is complaints to the department of insurance for your state. One extra call might not mean much if its just for slow-paying a couple weeks and you eventually get your money (the DOI gets more excited about people getting legitimately ripped off), but if the Department is getting hundreds of calls from people complaining about the insurance company being slow, they wont be happy with the company, and they have the stick to do something about it.

Didn't know such an agency existed. Thanks!

What "modifications" do they need to do to a totaled vehicle? If it's totaled, you should receive a check and be done with it.

They want to talk to me about the modifications that had been done to the car. Lowered suspension, 18" wheels, in dash dvd/nav type stuff.

chiefsnorth
12-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I try to avoid using multiple fbombs when making phone calls to people I'd like to help me.

alnorth
12-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Department of Insurance.

yep, this. It might not help you in your case, but if a lot of people complain, the state will make that company's life a little miserable.

alnorth
12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I can't sue the driver. The driver was my little brother. I lent him the car and he totaled it. And you are correct, it is his insurance I am dealing with.

OK, not your insurance, you cant sue, and it hasnt been a month or anything crazy like that. All you can really do to try to get them motivated is threaten to complain to the KS DOI.

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I try to avoid using multiple fbombs when making phone calls to people I'd like to help me.

I try to as well. I was nice to the last lady I spoke with... but if I have to make another phone call I will not be nice about it at all.

I'm sick of dealing with them and their ineptness.

blaise
12-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Did they give you a rental car?

Fire Me Boy!
12-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Especially three days before Christmas.

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Did they give you a rental car?

Yup, they did. Not grousing because of the sour mood I'm in but its a piece of shit. Plus I'm driving a car I'm afraid to get a nick on because lord knows they are gonna bend me over for the tiniest scratch I return it with.

I've been parking in butt fuck egypt just to make sure it doesn't get as much as the tiniest door ding.

DMAC
12-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm tellin ya...they are investigating.

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm tellin ya...they are investigating.

LOL

There is nothing to investigate. But if they are, they aren't gonna find a damn thing.

blaise
They're going to see what the salvage value of it is, and they're going to ask you if you want to keep the wreck and accept one price or leave the wreck and accept another.

DMAC
LOL

There is nothing to investigate. But if they are, they aren't gonna find a damn thing.

You're fucked. They know.

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:36 PM
They're going to see what the salvage value of it is, and they're going to ask you if you want to keep the wreck and accept one price or leave the wreck and accept another.

The hangup with the whole thing was that they sent out an adjuster and the fucker went on vacation without submitting the paperwork.

I already told them I don't want the car.

Bugeater
12-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I called the DOI here in Nebraska one time, they got my shit squared right the fuck away for me.

blaise
12-22-2010, 01:38 PM
The hangup with the whole thing was that they sent out an adjuster and the ****er went on vacation without submitting the paperwork.

I already told them I don't want the car.

Yeah, that sucks. That's the way insurance is, especially some companies that don't have a lot of adjusters. They might have one adjuster covering a huge area.

El Jefe
You're ****ed. They know.

sucks, but probably true.

Phobia
The squeaky wheel does not always get the grease.

chiefsnorth
12-22-2010, 01:39 PM
I am guessing they will want receipts etc. for the custom equipment. it may or may not be covered under his insurance.

Stereos, DVD and such are often not considered custom equipment under the policy because they are not considered permanent modifications, thus they may not be covered. Things like body kits often are not either. You may be getting a nasty surprise on what is and isn't covered under his insurance. I would ask for his policy documentation.

Sofa King
12-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Department of Insurance.

THIS

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
There are a lot of drivers and most of them suck.

As such, there are a hell of a lot of wrecks, especially at the beginning of winter, and insurance companies are very busy.

It's not like they told you to fuck yourself - they're just swamped. These things happen.

Lighten up, you're no more or less important than the next poor bastard that got sideswiped by a stranger. In fact, you're the one that's refused to take any more aggressive steps because it was your brother that did it.

Wait your turn, Francis.

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah, that sucks. That's the way insurance is, especially some companies that don't have a lot of adjusters. They might have one adjuster covering a huge area.

He was out last Tuesday. It took them 8 days to get the paperwork for him because he took off without submitting anything.

If it was some rinkydink insurance company, I might be more understanding. But it's AAA and I live in the largest city in the state. I cannot possibly fathom that they only have one guy running around town taking pictures and doing estimates.

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:42 PM
There are a lot of drivers and most of them suck.

As such, there are a hell of a lot of wrecks, especially at the beginning of winter, and insurance companies are very busy.

It's not like they told you to **** yourself - they're just swamped. These things happen.

Lighten up, you're no more or less important than the next poor bastard that got sideswiped by a stranger. In fact, you're the one that's refused to take any more aggressive steps because it was your brother that did it.

Wait your turn, Francis.

The guy went on vacation and did not turn in the paperwork. Instead of following up with the adjuster, KNOWING that he had been out last Tuesday... they just let it sit.

Perhaps it's just me but that is not right.

DMAC
12-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I was an adjuster for about a year. I will say when it gets busy (especially if the adjuster inspects & does liablity, like I did) it REALLY GETS BUSY.

There were times I just had to sit back once in a while and say, "HOLY FUCK.".

Just sayin...

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I was an adjuster for about a year. I will say when it gets busy (especially if the adjuster inspects & does liablity, like I did) it REALLY GETS BUSY.

There were times I just had to sit back once in a while and say, "HOLY ****.".

Just sayin...

While you were an adjuster, was it common place for paperwork to not be turned in? I'm sure it happened on ocassion... when it did, would the insurance company call to check on it's progress when they knew you had already been to visit the vehicle?

/not being snippy... real curiosity.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 01:47 PM
The guy went on vacation and did not turn in the paperwork. Instead of following up with the adjuster, KNOWING that he had been out last Tuesday... they just let it sit.

Perhaps it's just me but that is not right.

Agreed, it was a mistake.

It was also a mistake by one guy. In a company that employs tens of thousands. During their busiest time of year.

You're savaging the whole company because one dude !@#$ed up and the rest of them weren't able to immediately fast-track through and figure out where/when/how he did it. I mean let's face it, the guy you talked to probably works in a different office than the next guy you talked to.

And as much as we'd all like to go back to the old days where you were assigned a single adjuster that took you from start to finish, the low cost guys like Geico, etc... have made that kind of business model financially prohibitive.

Insurance service now is nowhere near as good as it used to be because people aren't willing to pay for it anymore. State Farm underwent massive restructuring because their overhead was otherwordly and they couldn't compete with the prices of Geico, etc... They tried to trump their customer service and it didn't work - people wouldn't pay for it. So they had to go with the low cost option.

Consumers did this to themselves, really.

You're killing AAA for the mistakes of one guy. And those mistakes really couldn't be rectified easily because of timing issues and market constraints.

That's not terribly reasonable from where I sit.

Chiefnj2
12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Call at least 10 times a day. Who do you think they will take care of first, the pain in the ass filling up their voice mail box, or the quiet guy not rushing them? Keep calling, keep asking for supervisors, etc. They'll get sick of you and hurry you through.

blaise
12-22-2010, 01:54 PM
He was out last Tuesday. It took them 8 days to get the paperwork for him because he took off without submitting anything.

If it was some rinkydink insurance company, I might be more understanding. But it's AAA and I live in the largest city in the state. I cannot possibly fathom that they only have one guy running around town taking pictures and doing estimates.

Actually, I wouldn't think AAA would have that many adjusters. Maybe that's just me.

Bwana
12-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Heh, trust me on this one. If they keep jerking you around call the state auditor, or whatever entity looks over the insurance industry in your state. That WILL light a fire under their ass. Your average insurance adjustor has fewer morals than your average used car salesman. Sometimes they just need a good kick in the ass to help them “do the right thing.” <O:p

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Agreed, it was a mistake.

It was also a mistake by one guy. In a company that employs tens of thousands. During their busiest time of year.

You're savaging the whole company because one dude !@#$ed up and the rest of them weren't able to immediately fast-track through and figure out where/when/how he did it. I mean let's face it, the guy you talked to probably works in a different office than the next guy you talked to.

And as much as we'd all like to go back to the old days where you were assigned a single adjuster that took you from start to finish, the low cost guys like Geico, etc... have made that kind of business model financially prohibitive.

Insurance service now is nowhere near as good as it used to be because people aren't willing to pay for it anymore. State Farm underwent massive restructuring because their overhead was otherwordly and they couldn't compete with the prices of Geico, etc... They tried to trump their customer service and it didn't work - people wouldn't pay for it. So they had to go with the low cost option.

Consumers did this to themselves, really.

You're killing AAA for the mistakes of one guy. And those mistakes really couldn't be rectified easily because of timing issues and market constraints.

That's not terribly reasonable from where I sit.

It's not just the mistake of one guy though.

The 2nd call I ever placed to the insurance agent went unanswered. 2 days later I send an email which also went unanswered. 2 days later I call and speak with someone else who assured me they would look into it and I would be called back. So I wait. 2 days after that still no phone call so I call back and ask to speak with a supervisor... who then never calls me back.

I understand they are busy, but at least call me back and let me know that SOMETHING is being done.

I don't like being a dick to people on the phone... I make my living on the phone and hate it when people call me and rail me for something that is not my fault.

That said, I do everything possible to make sure I get it straightened out for them. I damn sure make sure they get a phone call back. I don't think that my wanting a call back is asking too much.

DMAC
12-22-2010, 01:56 PM
While you were an adjuster, was it common place for paperwork to not be turned in? I'm sure it happened on ocassion... when it did, would the insurance company call to check on it's progress when they knew you had already been to visit the vehicle?

/not being snippy... real curiosity.

For me to not turn in paperwork?

No. I got incentives for speedy work.

tooge
12-22-2010, 01:59 PM
You totalled that vehicle when you lowered the suspension and put 18 inch "hhd" wheels on it.

pr_capone
12-22-2010, 02:00 PM
You totalled that vehicle when you lowered the suspension and put 18 inch "hhd" wheels on it.

I didn't put that on... I bought it that way. It was a car, it ran well, and it was at a good price.

But thanks for chipping into the conversation.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Heh, trust me on this one. If they keep jerking you around call the state auditor, or whatever entity looks over the insurance industry in your state. That WILL light a fire under their ass. Your average insurance adjustor has fewer morals than your average used car salesman. Sometimes they just need a good kick in the ass to help them “do the right thing.” <O:p

You average insurance adjustor doesn't have a lot of room to exercise their morals, whether you believe they are upright or not.

Most of them are bound by parameters and actuarial tables they are given.

It never ceases to amaze me how little people tend to know about insurance companies. The folks you talk to - don't care how much you get. It's illegal to pay salaries or bonuses based on their claim payoff figures. In fact, it's illegal to track them. At large insurance companies, even the guy in charge of that division isn't likely to really care that much unless its a principled stance (rather than 'him trying to screw you').

Insurance is math - that's it and that's all.

Chiefnj2
12-22-2010, 02:05 PM

And part of the math is them holding onto their money as long as possible.

Bwana
12-22-2010, 02:08 PM
You average insurance adjustor doesn't have a lot of room to exercise their morals, whether you believe they are upright or not.

It never ceases to amaze me how little people tend to know about insurance companies. The folks you talk to - don't care how much you get. It's illegal to pay salaries or bonuses based on their claim payoff figures. In fact, it's illegal to track them. At large insurance companies, even the guy in charge of that division isn't likely to really care that much unless its a principled stance (rather than 'him trying to screw you').

No doubt about that at all. It's math designed to bend the customer over and slam it up their ass most of the time.

http://www.joestephenslaw.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/insurance.jpg

Bugeater
12-22-2010, 02:15 PM
No doubt about that at all. It's math designed to bend the customer over and slam it up their ass most of the time.

http://www.joestephenslaw.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/insurance.jpg
I know it seems that way, but in all seriousness DJ is right, the shit is strictly regulated by the state. They don't simply throw out as high of a number possible for the rate and then try to pay out as little as possible in return. What they can legally charge for rates is completely based on claim payouts, it's not just a big free-for-all.

TrebMaxx
12-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Does your brother have an agent? Have him talk to his agent telling him how you are not being treated as expected. That he feels terrible about what happened to your car under his watch and never expected "his" insurance company to be so incompetent. That he just might have to look for another insurer.

Don't know if that will help or not but the agents definitely do not want to lose a policy.

sedated
12-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Yup, they did. Not grousing because of the sour mood I'm in but its a piece of shit. Plus I'm driving a car I'm afraid to get a nick on because lord knows they are gonna bend me over for the tiniest scratch I return it with.

I've been parking in butt **** egypt just to make sure it doesn't get as much as the tiniest door ding.

If they gave you a rental car, you should be glad they have delayed paying you, and use the time to look for a new car.

When mine got totalled a year or two ago, I got a rental...until they called to tell me how much I was getting, and informed me that the rental was to be returned within 24 hours.

"Uh...but I haven't gotten my money to get a new car (it would take a few weeks for the check to be mailed), much less searched for a new car, and I'm still injured from my accident."

"You can either pay for extended use of the rental out of your own pocket, or we can fax you a form to assist in getting financed for a new car."

Apparently as soon as the money is shipped to you, they are off the hook for the rental.

allen_kcCard
12-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Feel your pain.

I was flat out rear-ended square when I pulled out of a parking lot into Holmes Rd.....my trailer hitch punched through their radiator...I talked to an adjuster that told me they just needed me to get the estimate and they would get the pictures from the auto-shop to take a look at the damage. I did what they said, and never heard back, so I tried calling several times and never heard back from him, and finally my agent and some other people from American Family told me to just get it fixed and they would reimburse me (the other guy had AmFam as well) once the pictures showed that I was rear-ended.

I kept arguing that I didn't want to pay first because then it is out of my pocket and I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling that they were going to get me reimbursed with how things were going so far. Long story short, I complained one last time a long time later after just not getting my damages fixed at all (dented bumper was all it came out to be for me) and they finally told me that they had closed it all out a long time ago saying that I caused the wreck, but they settled it as no fault, as if they had done me a favor somehow. I was livid and asked them how they could make a judgement like that and never even bother to contact me back to explain to me how it was my fault, they didn't have much of an explanation other than to say that the other guy had a witness saying it was my fault...to which I pointed out that this so called witness was a friend of the other guys that was about 30 yards away sitting in their parked car in the parking lot.

Anyhow....I still hate AmericanFamily, but haven't ever changed to another company because it seems like all of them are shit and I just have to deal with one of them, so I might as well just keep things where they are.

BWillie
12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
They probably didn't do anything wrong contrary to popular belief but I don't know the details, haven't read entire thread. Usually in each state there is a set amount of time they will give you a rental vehicle as well when your vehicle is totaled if it is a liability claim. You might want to find out what that is. I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know exactly but depending on how long the liability investigation took, it may not even be unreasonable for 15 days to elapse. But yeah, threatening them about DOI is actually a good idea. Insurance companies don't like that, but you'll have to cite a specific example or something they did not do in good faith against insurance law for it to be valid.

Maybe there are alot of bad adjusters out there, but I've probably had 50 people try to file DOI complaints on me....all of which have been unjustified every single time.

Bwana
12-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I know it seems that way, but in all seriousness DJ is right, the shit is strictly regulated by the state. They don't simply throw out as high of a number possible for the rate and then try to pay out as little as possible in return. What they can legally charge for rates is completely based on claim payouts, it's not just a big free-for-all.

Dude, if they can save a buck, they WILL save a buck. I spent A LOT of time dealing with them in the car business. I will say this, if you have a good agent, you will have a lot better shot at getting things done without jumping through the extra hoops.

Stewie
12-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Why are you on the phone? Go to the AAA office until you get the answers you want.

tooge
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
actually, all insurance other than health insurance is a scam. Why? Well, first off, the only thing you absolutely must have to survive is your health. It stands to reason, then, that you need health insurance to protect you from unseen accidents and diseases that can kill you. Your house can burn down, your car can blow up, your boat can sink etc., but you can still take the bus, swim, and live in an apartment. You get the point. Secondly, the way insurance companies make money is really simple. They make it seem like you must have insurance (and lobby washington to make sure you do have to), then they are banking on the fact that 30 or 40 percent of the people paying premiums dont ever use the insurance because the incidents are often not worth the deductable. In my business, I would be a millionaire if everyone with dental insurance actually went to the dentist twice a year and had an exam, cleaning, and x rays. As it turns out however, somewhere around 50% of the population that does have the insurance, doesn't use it. That is why the largest buildings in town are insurance buildings most of the time. SCAM!

verbaljitsu
12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't think auto insurance is a scam at all. The trick is to have good enough insurance that you do not have to rely on the other guy's.

If you have assets, you definitely need good insurance. If you are "judgment proof" anyway, then well...do whatever I guess.

I have found that the best day to talk to insurance companies on is Wednesday. Monday and Friday are their two busiest days and it is impossible to get anywhere on a settlement.

It does not make sense for the OP, but I would recommend that anyone who is injured in an auto accident immediately contact an attorney. There really isn't a lawyer out there who is going to be able to help you much with only property damage for economic reasons. But, if you are injured, your attorney can help you navigate the insurance b.s. (or better yet, just do it for you).

Pants
12-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I get charged out the ass for my insurance and I make sure I amend every ticket I get. I turned 25 this year too and that didn't help much at all. FML.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Dude, if they can save a buck, they WILL save a buck. I spent A LOT of time dealing with them in the car business. I will say this, if you have a good agent, you will have a lot better shot at getting things done without jumping through the extra hoops.

Again - who's "they"?

None of the people you speak to when trying to get a claim paid are "they". None of them have any say in whether or not a buck is saved and none of them truly care. Most of them are overworked and simply need to get the claim moving forward and resolved.

You're ascribing improper motives to people that simply aren't in the position to have them. It's like blaming Matt Cassel for the NFL changing the rules on helmet to helmet contact.

And as for the true "theys" involved here - they still have to operate within pretty strict guidelines set by the state department of insurance. If they refuse to do so, they're liable for treble damages and even the occasional punitive award due to vexatious refusal claims. Few companies are willing to run that risk.

Your antecdotal evidence simply isn't supported by facts, law or logic.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 03:22 PM
actually, all insurance other than health insurance is a scam. Why? Well, first off, the only thing you absolutely must have to survive is your health. It stands to reason, then, that you need health insurance to protect you from unseen accidents and diseases that can kill you. Your house can burn down, your car can blow up, your boat can sink etc., but you can still take the bus, swim, and live in an apartment. You get the point. Secondly, the way insurance companies make money is really simple. They make it seem like you must have insurance (and lobby washington to make sure you do have to), then they are banking on the fact that 30 or 40 percent of the people paying premiums dont ever use the insurance because the incidents are often not worth the deductable. In my business, I would be a millionaire if everyone with dental insurance actually went to the dentist twice a year and had an exam, cleaning, and x rays. As it turns out however, somewhere around 50% of the population that does have the insurance, doesn't use it. That is why the largest buildings in town are insurance buildings most of the time. SCAM!

That's all well and good, except for the fact that most insurance carriers actually have underwriting losses when you review the claims paid v. insurance premiums.

It's why insurance rates go up during stock market crashes. Insurance companies are lucky to break even on your premiums. If they profit, it's because they invest the money you're paying them wisely. With the massive pool of funds they're able to accumulate, they can usually get into funds, etc... that offer pretty decent returns without significant risk.

Again folks, it's all math. And the math is pretty tightly regulated.

Stewie
12-22-2010, 04:11 PM

I need a crown on tooth #22. I have a couple of really healthy chickens I'll trade for it.

Talisman
12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
When reporting American Automobile Association to the Better Business Bureau, make sure to stay Cool, Calm and Collected.

Bwana
12-22-2010, 04:43 PM
When reporting American Automobile Association to the Better Business Bureau, make sure to stay Cool, Calm and Collected.

Or just show up like this. :D

http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BmqbhtgBWk~$(KGrHqMOKiEEtjIey7)kBLgZy0F71g~~_12.JPG

BWillie
12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
That's all well and good, except for the fact that most insurance carriers actually have underwriting losses when you review the claims paid v. insurance premiums.

It's why insurance rates go up during stock market crashes. Insurance companies are lucky to break even on your premiums. If they profit, it's because they invest the money you're paying them wisely. With the massive pool of funds they're able to accumulate, they can usually get into funds, etc... that offer pretty decent returns without significant risk.

What sucks for insurance companies is that the crazy ass drivers that no insurance company wants to insure are divided up to the insurance companies in the state based on % of policies in force they have in that state. In essence, the government makes insurance companies insure many individuals who are very very unprofitable and naturally the insurance company has to subsidize the good drivers rates to make up for it.

cdcox
12-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I need a crown on tooth #22. I have a couple of really healthy chickens I'll trade for it.

Deal! /MoHillbilly

pr_capone
12-23-2010, 06:18 PM
AAA called today... got all my money back on the car and then some. Actually, over $2k more. Now to buy another car and pay down the CC.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!

SAUTO
12-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Strange.... Every adjuster I deal with has a computer. They submit everything online.He was out last Tuesday. It took them 8 days to get the paperwork for him because he took off without submitting anything.

Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry but I disagree. They have options and can make judgement calls. They can push shit through too.You average insurance adjustor doesn't have a lot of room to exercise their morals, whether you believe they are upright or not.

Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
12-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Lol. Then why do they lowball, right off the bat?That's all well and good, except for the fact that most insurance carriers actually have underwriting losses when you review the claims paid v. insurance premiums.

Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
12-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Lol. Then why do they lowball, right off the bat?
Posted via Mobile Device

Their first offer was $1k lower than what I got in the end.

No doubt they are out to keep as much of their dough as they can.

SAUTO
12-23-2010, 07:01 PM
I deal with them on a daily basis. Trust me I know. Hell I've got a cobalt that needs an engine, lady hit a chunk of asphalt and blew out the oil pan, ruined the engine. Insurance wanted me to put a used engine with over 100k in it. The car has les than 15k on it. Sorry but that's just not right. Needless to say its getting a new engine. Thank you sauto.Their first offer was $1k lower than what I got in the end.

No doubt they are out to keep as much of their dough as they can.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
12-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Suggestions here? Better Business Bureau? Call again and rail on a supervisor? Write a letter that will surely be ignored?

AAA insurance is the single most worthless company I have ever had to deal with.

The accident was on the 7th of this month.

AAA finally calls me back.

"Mr. XXXXXXX, wanted to let you know we received the claim (after 15 f'ing days) and have decided that your vehicle is a total loss. We will forward this to the total loss department so they can get with you about the modifications to your vehicle. Someone there will be getting in contact wi...th you within 3 business days"

* I interrupt*

Me: "No, that is not going to work. Someone needs to call me within 24 hours, I've already waited 2 weeks for you guys to stumble**** your way through this. I've called and no one returns my calls, I've emailed and no one returns my emails, and I even asked to speak with a supervisor and no one called me back then either. Someone needs to call me within 24 hours or I will call yet again and I will be nowhere near as pleasant to talk to next time"

AAA: "We will get a supervisor involved and they will call you back as soon as possible"

Me: "I'm not holding my ****ing breath"

Try suing them for bad faith if you can prove they've made little to no effort to handle your prop dmg claim within 30 days.

pr_capone
12-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Try suing them for bad faith if you can prove they've made little to no effort to handle your prop dmg claim within 30 days.

AAA called today... got all my money back on the car and then some. Actually, over $2k more. Now to buy another car and pay down the CC.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!

Earthling
12-23-2010, 09:08 PM
An interesting point I found when making a complaint to the DOI in Colorado was that if you complain to that agency over the phone they may or may not do anything as far as investigating your complaint or contacting the company complained about. If you write in a complaint via postal mail they are obligated to. Not sure if Kansas is that way or not.

Anyway grats on getting your money...right in time for X'mas too. :thumb:

pr_capone
12-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Usually insurance companies jump into action once you mention lawyers. See if it works for your car insurance ( hartfordauto.thehartford.com ) company!

already sorted but thanks

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239220