PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV If you don't already own The Wire Complete Series on DVD

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:33 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-Lance-Reddick/dp/B004BZ5AFU/ref=xs_gb_A3F9U1ZFXQ8JAY?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0MB1FRYGEEYPTCTK8HTK

$75 bucks. Today only

Buy it now, idiots.

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:34 AM
OOOPS

MODS PLEASE MOVE

KurtCobain
12-23-2010, 01:35 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_td76aTJSyI8/SFr_Q1ASYqI/AAAAAAAAAPg/khvyz97I-HU/s400/asu%2Bgirls.jpg

KurtCobain
12-23-2010, 01:38 AM
http://www.adrants.com/images/100121081_b4e7b6af0d_o.jpg

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Go on....

The God Hypothesis
12-23-2010, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE
$75 bucks. Today only

Buy it now, idiots.[/QUOTE]

Bought it, thanks for the tip, even if it hurt a little. :thumb:

KurtCobain
12-23-2010, 01:55 AM
http://moniqueblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hey-arnold1_1024x768.jpg

Buck
12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
So yeah, can a mod please move this to the Media Center?

Bane
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2i09gy9.jpg

Buck
12-23-2010, 12:45 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2i09gy9.jpg

I wouldn't expect you to have any interest in this show.

Pants
12-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Watching this bad boy through Netflix. Just got done with season 2 last night. I have to say, it has surpassed my incredibly inflated expectations. What a freaking masterpiece of storytelling.

Bane
12-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't expect you to have any interest in this show.

Care to elaborate on why?

Or is that just more generalized bullshit?

Buck
12-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Care to elaborate on why?

I was just referring to your avatar...you know with the black guy getting his head stomped in by a white supremacist (There's lots of black people in The Wire, in fact, its a mostly black cast).

Fish
12-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Awesome underrated show.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.adrants.com/images/100121081_b4e7b6af0d_o.jpg

And then what?!!!!!!?????!!

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 12:53 PM
http://moniqueblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hey-arnold1_1024x768.jpg

Heyyyyy ARNOLD!! What the deuce, why did you stop posting the hotties with the bodies?

Bane
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I was just referring to your avatar...you know with the black guy getting his head stomped in by a white supremacist (There's lots of black people in The Wire, in fact, its a mostly black cast).

My avatar is not a reflection of me or my beliefs in any way shape or form.It is simply a badge assigned to a online persona on an internet BB in which I discuss many different interests and it gets changed several times a month when I find ones that amuse me.

It was also discussed when I changed it that if anyone was offended by it that I would change it if they simply sent me a message and voiced their displeasure with it.

Now that we have addressed your lame attempt to make race/hate a subject of my venturing into a thread you would be surprised to know that I own every season of the wire.So generalize and speculate all you want hate monger,it means very little to me.

Buck
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
My avatar is not a reflection of me or my beliefs in any way shape or form.It is simply a badge assigned to a online persona on an internet BB in which I discuss many different interests and it gets changed several times a month when I find ones that amuse me.

It was also discussed when I changed it that if anyone was offended by it that I would change it if they simply sent me a message and voiced their displeasure with it.

Now that we have addressed your lame attempt to make race/hate a subject of my venturing into a thread you would be surprised to know that I own every season of the wire.So generalize and speculate all you want hate monger,it means very little to me.

I dont have any problem with your avatar, I didn't know you made a thread or whatever, and I don't care if you are racist or not. I just figured since it was your avatar that maybe you were. It seems like that would be the avatar of someone who is....and I own that movie on Blu-Ray, its one of my favorite movies, however, I would never use that as an avatar.

Bane
12-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I dont have any problem with your avatar, I didn't know you made a thread or whatever, and I don't care if you are racist or not. I just figured since it was your avatar that maybe you were. It seems like that would be the avatar of someone who is....and I own that movie on Blu-Ray, its one of my favorite movies, however, I would never use that as an avatar.

So if I had an avatar with a black guy stomping a white guy that would be ok? Or would it make me a reverse racist?Either way I lose because I the hate filled genocide spewing white guy eh?

Whatever Buck,**** you and your filled full of shit opinion.The fact that you took the extra step to get it on blu-ray says more to me about the subject than an avatar on a internet BB ever would to a rational person.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
So if I had an avatar with a black guy stomping a white guy that would be ok? Or would it make me a reverse racist?Either way I lose because I the hate filled genocide spewing white guy eh?

Whatever Buck,**** you and your filled full of shit opinion.The fact that you took the extra step to get it on blu-ray says more to me about the subject than an avatar in a internet BB ever would to a rational person.

Just because you have a Blu-Ray of an important piece of film-making in the American culture, doesn't mean you identify with it. Having it as your avatar, well...

Bane
12-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Just because you have a Blu-Ray of an important piece of film-making in the American culture, doesn't mean you identify with it. Having it as your avatar, well...

Yeah because an internet BB avatar carries some real weight in the ACTUAL COMMUNITY. Yep..:spock:

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Whatever Buck,**** you and your filled full of shit opinion.The fact that you took the extra step to get it on blu-ray says more to me about the subject than an avatar on a internet BB ever would to a rational person.

You also come off as stupid, that's another reason why I am surprised you own it.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah because an internet BB avatar carries some real weight in the ACTUAL COMMUNITY. Yep..:spock:

Define "ACTUAL COMMUNITY", please.

Bane
12-23-2010, 01:12 PM
You also come off as stupid, that's another reason why I am surprised you own it.

Again you generalize based upon what you have read on the internet and not what you know.

Bane
12-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Define "ACTUAL COMMUNITY", please.

Oh I don't know I guess I meant in the real world.You know,where people live,have jobs and do their day to day stuff.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh I don't know I guess I meant in the real world.You know,where people live,have jobs and do their day to day stuff.

So how did you choose your avatar? I just find it curious that you would think the fact that Buck has the movie on Blu-Ray would imply something, while your avatar wouldn't. I mean, you don't see how stupid that is?

Cave Johnson
12-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm waiting for it to come out on Blu-ray. ;)

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 01:19 PM

That's making an awful lot of assumptions cuh, and you know what they say about when you Assume.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Honestly come to think of it, I never really looked close enough to see what it was until I posted that. I can see some who would take offense to it.

Bane
12-23-2010, 01:23 PM
So how did you choose your avatar? I just find it curious that you would think the fact that Buck has the movie on Blu-Ray would imply something, while your avatar wouldn't. I mean, you don't see how stupid that is?

It was a gif I found when searching for one that I thought would go along with what it says underneath it.Those 2 things usually go hand in hand on my profile.I have grown increasingly irritated with the heightened troll activity here and it is simply a display of my displeasure with that.

It's stupid to call me out for an avatar and then announce how you went the extra step and got the movie on blu-ray IMO.It doesn't make it any more or less racist to own the movie but to point out that you had to get in on blu-ray while trying to make someone else out to be racist is some troll ass punk bitch shit.

That was basically his way of side stepping the fact that his spam filled threads are tired as **** here.He simply wanted to divert atention away from his bitch ass and onto the nearest person he could project to be a target.

Donger
12-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Never heard of it.

El Jefe
I'm waiting for it to come out on Blu-ray. ;)

You racist son of a..:p

Buck
What do you mean by "went the extra step and got the movie on blu-ray?"

WebGem
12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-Lance-Reddick/dp/B004BZ5AFU/ref=xs_gb_A3F9U1ZFXQ8JAY?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0MB1FRYGEEYPTCTK8HTK

$75 bucks. Today only

Buy it now, idiots.

Dude, save your money. Don't you have 2010 AFC West 2nd place shirts to buy?

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 01:26 PM

What movie is this?

Pants
Never heard of it.

Do yourself a favor, buy it and watch it. I just watched the first 2 seasons and I can see why it's considered to be the best series ever made.

Donger
Do yourself a favor, buy it and watch it. I just watched the first 2 seasons and I can see why it's considered to be the best series ever made.

Is it about dwarves?

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Is it about dwarves?

No.

Buck
Never heard of it.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best-tv-series-of-the-00s,35256/

Its tough to find any list of "Best TV Shows Ever" without it having The Wire in the top 2 or 3.

Hell, when you google "Best TV Show Ever" (without the quotes), The Wire is the only show who's wiki page shows up on the first page of results.

Pants
What movie is this?

American History X.

El Jefe

I'm too lazy to google it, what's it about?

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:28 PM
What movie is this?

American History X

Donger
No.

Well, that's a shame. I just read the synopsis of this show and I don't think that I want to see it.

El Jefe
American History X.

Never heard of it, any good?

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm too lazy to google it, what's it about?

It's about the lives of the people surrounding the Baltimore Drug Trade.

Bane
What do you mean by "went the extra step and got the movie on blu-ray?"

You could have got it on standard definition but clearly had to announce that fact that you got it on blu-ray.It's laughable that you try to call me out for being a racist but celibate the act by watching it in higher definition.**** you punk.Take your little spam laced thread,your racism claims and stick them up your goddamn ass.

Buck
Never heard of it, any good?

Its pretty damn good.

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:30 PM
You could have got it on standard definition but clearly had to announce that face that you got it on blu-ray.It's laughable that you try to call me out for being a racist but celibate the act by watching it in higher definition.Fuck you punk.Take your little spam laced thread,your racism claims and stick them up your goddamn ass.

You are an idiot.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Well, that's a shame. I just read the synopsis of this show and I don't think that I want to see it.

Your loss.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 01:32 PM
It's about the lives of the people surrounding the Baltimore Drug Trade.

Intriguing, I should check into that.

Pants
You could have got it on standard definition but clearly had to announce that fact that you got it on blu-ray.It's laughable that you try to call me out for being a racist but celibate the act by watching it in higher definition.**** you punk.Take your little spam laced thread,your racism claims and stick them up your goddamn ass.

Pointing out an amazing deal that many might be interested in is not spam.

Donger
Your loss.

A crime drama about drugs in an urban environment. Yes, sounds thrilling and original.

Bane
You are an idiot.

Well just keep watching white guys stomp black guys in 1080 and then call other people out and call them racist.

Oh and it's you're and idiot you goddamn troll.

Pants
A crime drama about drugs in an urban environment. Yes, sounds thrilling and original.

LOL

Nice try.

Bane
12-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Suck his dick all you want.Sounds like you love it.Maybe you can watch black guys getting stomped by white guys in 1080 together.

El Jefe

:huh:

Donger
LOL

Nice try.

Oh, and I hate Baltimore.

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh, and I hate Baltimore.

The Lead actor is a Brit playing an American, sort of like you. You probably would enjoy it.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Suck his dick all you want.Sounds like you love it.Maybe you can watch black guys getting stomped by white guys in 1080 together.

Sure thing, buddy.

Donger
12-23-2010, 01:36 PM
The Lead actor is a Brit playing an American, sort of like you. You probably would enjoy it.

Not relevant.

Buck
12-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Not relevant.

I was just joking anyways.

It sucks that you wouldn't watch it because its about drugs (or Baltimore).

I used to refuse to watch Dexter because it was about a Serial Killer and a buddy of mine refuses to watch Breaking Bad because according to him it "Glorifies Meth."

Well while these shows are about those things, they really aren't. They are about the characters. The characters are great in all of these, especially The Wire.

If you decide not to watch it you are really missing out.

If you currently have or ever get Netflix, I would recommend renting the first season just to try it out. Its only 12 episodes.

Donger
12-23-2010, 01:44 PM

I used to refuse to watch Dexter because it was about a Serial Killer and a buddy of mine refuses to watch Breaking Bad because according to him it "Glorifies Meth."

Well while these shows are about those things, they really aren't. They are about the characters. The characters are great in all of these, especially The Wire.

If you currently have or ever get Netflix, I would recommend renting the first season just to try it out. Its only 12 episodes.

I just don't have any desire to watch much television (or DVDs). If it were about something I was actually interested in, I might, but not that.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 01:46 PM
It's the best show ever to air on television. You are missing out on perhaps the greatest work of art of a generation.

Donger
12-23-2010, 01:47 PM
It's the best show ever to air on television. You are missing out on perhaps the greatest work of art of a generation.

That's fine.

jbwm89
12-23-2010, 01:53 PM

Are all the seasons available on netflix? sounds like my kind of show but if I can watch it all on Netflix I won't bother buying it.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 01:54 PM
That's fine.
It is not fine. It is not fine at all. If something this astonishingly good exists then it should be the duty of all who can to experience it. American citizens especially; The Wire is the richest, most comprehensive look at urbanity and the American city ever produced. I really think that every American owes it to themselves to watch it.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Are all the seasons available on netflix? sounds like my kind of show but if I can watch it all on Netflix I won't bother buying it.

Yeah, all seasons are available. 5 discs per season.

jbwm89
12-23-2010, 01:55 PM

I agree, doesn't belong in the lounge but he obviously realized that. Keep em coming

Sure-Oz
12-23-2010, 01:56 PM
wtf is the point of this bantering, who gives a fuck if donger doesn't want to watch it....

anyway thanks for the tip

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:56 PM
It is not fine. It is not fine at all. If something this astonishingly good exists then it should be the duty of all who can to experience it. American citizens especially; The Wire is the richest, most comprehensive look at urbanity and the American city ever produced. I really think that every American owes it to themselves to watch it.

I'm just 2 seasons into it and the depth of the show is already beyond any depth I have ever seen. It's truly astonishing.

jbwm89
12-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, all seasons are available. 5 discs per season.

I assume it's not on instant stream, correct? I am so bad about sending the discs in I have had that stupid bounty hunter movie for months.

Donger
12-23-2010, 01:57 PM

It's a TV show for God's sake.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I assume it's not on instant stream, correct? I am so bad about sending the discs in I have had that stupid bounty hunter movie for months.

I don't know, man. I can check later on tonight for you. But I can promise you that you won't have any issues sending it back in because you're going to want the next discs as soon as possible.

Pants
12-23-2010, 01:59 PM
wtf is the point of this bantering, who gives a **** if donger doesn't want to watch it....

anyway thanks for the tip

They're giving him what he wants, lol.

jbwm89
12-23-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't know, man. I can check later on tonight for you. But I can promise you that you won't have any issues sending it back in because you're going to want the next discs as soon as possible.

No need I'll just check it out when I get home from work. Sounds pretty good I'll have to get after it this weekend.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 02:01 PM
It's a TV show for God's sake.
Granted, as an artist I put a lot of personal importance on the value of art. I don't find anything I've said to be hyperbolic, however. It's that good.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Granted, as an artist I put a lot of personal importance on the value of art. I don't find anything I've said to be hyperbolic, however. It's that good.

Then I'm happy for you and your art.

Sure-Oz
12-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Jason Whitlock and Nick Wright constantly pimp this show

nychief
12-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Then I'm happy for you and your art.

it is the best show, writing wise, i've ever come across. dramatic writing is my profession, and I have to agree with Reaper on this one. You might want to save the snark, watch the show and then make a determination. my .02

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:07 PM
it is the best show, writing wise, i've ever come across. dramatic writing is my profession, and I have to agree with Reaper on this one. You might want to save the snark, watch the show and then make a determination. my .02

Or not.

kysirsoze
12-23-2010, 02:07 PM

FWIW I responded to a post of yours in another thread that I thought it was a little too far. You didn't post again in that thread so you probably missed it.

I'm not crazy about seeing a brutally violent hate crime, fictitious or not, repeated once a second while I browse a thread. I know it wasn't meant like that but it is what it is. I don't think you approve of the act, but it sends a pretty bad message. It's your avatar, though.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Donger is failing in his civic duty as an American citizen. He is no patriot.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Donger is failing in his civic duty as an American citizen. He is no patriot.

LMAO

I can't believe I actually fell for it. Well done.

Pants
12-23-2010, 02:09 PM
FWIW I responded to a post of yours in another thread that I thought it was a little too far. You didn't post again in that thread so you probably missed it.

I'm not crazy about seeing a brutally violent hate crime, fictitious or not, repeated once a second while I browse a thread. I know it wasn't meant like that but it is what it is. I don't think you approve of the act, but it sends a pretty bad message. It's your avatar, though.

It's the internet, so it's OK. :rolleyes:

nychief
12-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Or not.

to each his own.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 02:15 PM
LMAO

I can't believe I actually fell for it. Well done.
:D

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
to each his own.

Indeed. I'm sure that the writing is great, but if it's about a subject matter that I don't care about, I see no point in watching it.

Would you watch a show that had stellar writing but was about a group of homosexuals and their lives (or whatever doesn't interest you)?

Pants
12-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Indeed. I'm sure that the writing is great, but if it's about a subject matter that I don't care about, I see no point in watching it.

Would you watch a show that had stellar writing but was about a group of homosexuals and their lives (or whatever doesn't interest you)?

Yes, because good writing inherently means it's going to be interesting.

nychief
12-23-2010, 02:20 PM

It's my job, so yeah, I kinda have to watch everything... that being said, I understand your point. I just always encourage folks to watch The Wire, it is great television.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes, because good writing inherently means it's going to be interesting.

No, it doesn't. It can have brilliant writing and still be uninteresting.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:23 PM
It's my job, so yeah, I kinda have to watch everything... that being said, I understand your point. I just always encourage folks to watch The Wire, it is great television.

Fair enough.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
For real Donger, I think you actually would be interested in the show. It isn't a cop show. It is, at its core, about institutions vs humanity. It presents an argument concerning the way American capitalism & entrenched institutions (especially government) have evolved together to create a world -- the American city -- where the value of a human life is increasingly worth less.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:35 PM
For real Donger, I think you actually would be interested in the show. It isn't a cop show. It is, at its core, about institutions vs humanity. It presents an argument concerning the way American capitalism & entrenched institutions (especially government) have evolved together to create a world -- the American city -- where the value of a human life is increasingly worth less.

Yeah, I get it, I'm just not interested.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 02:38 PM

Don't be so dramatic ;)

Pants
12-23-2010, 02:38 PM
No, it doesn't. It can have brilliant writing and still be uninteresting.

Not to me. To me, brilliant writing, in and of itself, means it's going to be interesting no matter what the subject matter is. If something isn't written well, it's not going to be interesting, is it now?

donkhater
12-23-2010, 02:39 PM
For anyone with Direct TV, they are running The Wire on the 101 channel, uncensored. They are currently in the middle of season 2. It's a pretty damn good show.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I get it, I'm just not interested.
This post is inconsistent with the amount of posts you make in the D.C. subforum.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Not to me. To me, brilliant, in and of itself, writing means it's going to be interesting no matter what the subject matter is. If something isn't written well, it's not going to be interesting, is it now?

You aren't aware that ST-TNG is one of my favorite shows?

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:41 PM
This post is inconsistent with the amount of posts you make in the D.C. subforum.

Do you get to interact with the characters in this show?

Pants
12-23-2010, 02:42 PM
You aren't aware that ST-TNG is one of my favorite shows?

I edited that accidental abortion of a post. My apologies. And no, I was not aware. I guess we just have completely different mindsets on this, which is fine. I love racing and I love cars but it doesn't mean I found Driven or The Fast and the Furious interesting at all.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I edited that accidental abortion of a post. My apologies. And no, I was not aware. I guess we just have completely different mindsets on this, which is fine. I love racing and I love cars but it doesn't mean I found Driven or The Fast and the Furious interesting at all.

I knew what you meant. I like crappy writing.

Reaper16
12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Do you get to interact with the characters in this show?
You like to talk about things you aren't interested in. Got it.

Buck
12-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Donger is being Disigerent (sp?) in this thread.

Donger
12-23-2010, 02:56 PM
You like to talk about things you aren't interested in. Got it.

You might note that in DC, I rarely get involved in threads of mainly societal interest (if that makes sense). I mostly engage in threads about national security and pure politics.